Boxing Day 2012!

dorothysgirls

Started my "Anything but Drab" cap yesterday. The pattern seemed easy enough but as usual I had trouble with it at first. I had to frog it several times. This morning I frogged what I had done yesterday afternoon and its going well now. It seems my brain works better in the morning so maybe from now on whenever I want to try a new pattern I will start working on it in the early morning. I am using RHSS Honeydew. Its a real pale green.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Started my "Anything but Drab" cap yesterday. The pattern seemed easy enough but as usual I had trouble with it at first. I had to frog it several times. This morning I frogged what I had done yesterday afternoon and its going well now. It seems my brain works better in the morning so maybe from now on whenever I want to try a new pattern I will start working on it in the early morning. I am using RHSS Honeydew. Its a real pale green.

Boy do I know that. If you ever work on the Heirloom stitches afghan DO NOT try to start that one at night...then again even in the morning it would give me fits :rofl

I have the same problem. But lately it seems that all times of the day are bad times for my brain! I have to find those special minute or two's when I have a clear thought! :lol

Thank you for the kindness on my projects.

I love the 'anything but drab' cap. I may have to try it on one of my sane days....it seems like there are less and less esp with the craziness at work and trying get things in order to move south.

I finished tucking in the ends to several more baby afghans I found in my stash and boxed them up ready to mail. I also found several hats and scarves that I am boxing up and getting ready to send out, hopefully this week.

I do have some HAP rectangles I found in a box. I lost the address a last year sometime, does anyone know if they still are doing this and where I could send them to?

Just about finished with a beanie cap using up some small balls of yarn. My "Anything but Drab" cap is on hold. I will finish it but just don't like the looks of it. Especially the section where you put 1 sc and 1 dc in the same stitch. I am not sure if I like the texture that is being created using these 2 stitches in the same stitch. But will keep working on it as I may change my mind after I have made one.

Hi everyone. I have not been getting much done because of my job! But I did finish up this bed and some fish this week while the charity blitz CAL is going on. I have about 50 more fish cut and sewn, but ran out of stuffing. I started a crochet cat mat last night. Hopefully I can finish it tonight. But here is my new picture.

post-13802-135897739682_thumb.jpg

My scores need a little updating. Since the charity blitz started (last Thursday 16th) I have made 3 Ugly but Warm caps. Posted them in that thread but forgot to add them to this thread. I am on the 4th and hope to finish it today. My "Anything but Drab" cap is on hold and may be on hold for a long time as I am not happy with it. Can't make up my mind to continue with it or frog it and start it again to see if I am doing something wrong and that is why I am not happy with it.

I am "finally" getting started on my HAP Rectangles! :clap I've got a long way to go, but I worked out my pattern so that I can pick it up & work on them whenever I have a chance. I've got a laundry hamper full of yarn, so I need to get busy! :hook

Need to update my count/score. I have finished 3 more UBW caps - chocolate brown/camel, gray/burgandy, kelly green/true blue. The kelly green/true blue one I finished yesterday.

Great color combinations. They sound like they could be for men or women. I have trouble finding manly colors, so I may borrow your combinations, if you don't mind.

Great color combinations. They sound like they could be for men or women. I have trouble finding manly colors, so I may borrow your combinations, if you don't mind.

The UBW caps I have been making lately are for children which is one reason I am choosing what I call "gender neutral" colors. I plan on making some in boy colors and girl colors (currently working on one in 2 shades of pink). Later I will make some adult size ones also using the "gender neutral" colors and also man colors and lady colors. Feel free to do the same.:yes:tup

Finished another UBW cap this morning. This one I used a navy blue and a light blue. At the second to last round ran out of the light blue but had some RHSS Shaded Dusk I could finish the cap with. I can tell where I added the Shaded Dusk as there are a couple of spots where there is nothing but navy blue but I don't think anyone else will be able to tell. Now I am on one using a rose color and a light pink. This one is definitely for a girl.

I have been busy with work and sorting out my things for the move and using up stash. I've got quite a few squares done up over the last few days.

Still busy using up my stash for squares and a few hats. I have a big trip to California coming up and I am looking for a project to do without having to buy more yarn. :think I was thinking of a prayer shawl for a friend at work who is trying her hardest to get pregnant with multiple losses. I showed her the heart filet one and she loved it but due to her size I need to make it larger. Anyone good at altering patterns?

Nice! is your hook smoking?

yep,I'm suprized it still has the finish on it

I was done with 10 early in the month,10 is my magic # I'm trying for each month to have 100 by Oct. or Nov.

then I thought about it and thinking to July and Aug. in these parts with its humidity and decided to get a few more done, so if I feel like making only one or two that month,it won't be so bad.

Archived