Boxing Day 2012!

dorothysgirls

Wow, everyone has been busy. I started my count for this thread December 26, 2011. I finished my first project that day. It was a chemo cap - slouchy beanie style. Then I began my second project a cap using a pattern that was in the October 2011 Crochet World. I finished that one December 31. Then I began to crochet a matching scarf. I must have been crocheting slower than normal. I finished the scarf this morning. I now am making a UBW cap. One of the things I would like to accomplish this year is to crochet faster. Here goes!!!

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's a lot of hat/scarf sets! Good job only sewing your hand once! I always manage to sew mine a few times too! :lol

Wow, what a lot of things to make in a short time.

Muhahahaha! :devil What can I say, give me a sharp pointy object, or in this case a sharp round one and I go to town lol. I always get the bigger remnants from Joanns. Usually get 2 sets out of each, then turn the scraps into baby booties and braided toys for the local humane society.. and my 2 critters of course lol.

Lilly Flower- Your stuff is so pretty. You have made such good progress in such a short time. Everyone on here has. I thought I was doing good having 7 yellow squares and 4 green squares for my afghan done. I am seriously behind. Y'all must have lots of crochet time or either are very fast. I would say good luch crocheting but obviously y'all don't need it.

Wow, I am gone 24 hours and you all are workin' macHINES!

Lilly, nice hats! I am in a hat rut and need to try a new pattern. You have a nice variety.

I already forgot who worked up all the fleece, buy yeah you! You saw a need, you filled a need. That is what counts. I'm glad you and I don't live in the same city or we'd be fighting over those fleece rems. I use them for cat beds, blankets, and yup, the ends turn into braided toys!

This CAL sure is moving this year!

I can't remember who posted what and after 5 hours of home work I just don't have it in me to go back and look! Every one is doing so GREAT!

I would like to thank all of you for joining me this year! You have made this CAL fun so far!

some of the hats I took down to the cancer treatment center yesterday.

I love those hats! Can you share the pattern? I am doing a kids hat and a super simple hats and bev's baby hat.

Finished my UBW cap this morning. Have started another using same yarn - RHSS Dress Blues. I tried using the "magic circle" method to start. It was very awkward at first but I did it. I think I will be using the "magic circle" method all the time now.

Love the afghan, dorothy!!! I have never been able to do that one, I just finally threw it away one day.

I started a diagonal stitch afghan in pink, left over from my flannel-ghan. I am so hoping I have enough. It doesn't say on the pattern how much you need...anyone done this one before and/or can help me??

http://danettesangels.tripod.com/patterns/xboxstitchafghan.html

Kathy...I just looked into 'dressed blues' color and it's fantastic! I love the variegated blues! I am now on a search....

I finished the Daisy square afghan today! Now it is getting ready to go in the washer! Here it is.

[ATTACH]49875[/ATTACH]

It's fantastic! I love that pattern, but I have such a hard time with it. I've only made a couple squares.

Finished my UBW cap this morning. Have started another using same yarn - RHSS Dress Blues. I tried using the "magic circle" method to start. It was very awkward at first but I did it. I think I will be using the "magic circle" method all the time now.

Ooohhh, I just saw that color the other day, it's wonderful! I found the magic circle tricky to do. It depends on the day for me. I can either do it or I can't! :lol

Got the last two yellow squares crocheted. All 10 yellow granny squares are now done. :yay

Go, go, go! :cheer

Love the afghan, dorothy!!! I have never been able to do that one, I just finally threw it away one day.

I started a diagonal stitch afghan in pink, left over from my flannel-ghan. I am so hoping I have enough. It doesn't say on the pattern how much you need...anyone done this one before and/or can help me??

http://danettesangels.tripod.com/patterns/xboxstitchafghan.html

Kathy...I just looked into 'dressed blues' color and it's fantastic! I love the variegated blues! I am now on a search....

I've never made it, but it's very pretty! Good luck!

OH! Be very careful using the magic circle to start anything that will be washed. It will pull out from the center and allow the whole thing to rip out. The lady that does Share a Square just had to redo 43 afghans because someone used the magic circle to start and it ripped out when she washed them.

OH! Be very careful using the magic circle to start anything that will be washed. It will pull out from the center and allow the whole thing to rip out. The lady that does Share a Square just had to redo 43 afghans because someone used the magic circle to start and it ripped out when she washed them.

:eek YIKES!!! Thank you for the heads up!!!

Thanks Jessica for the heads up on the problem with using the "magic circle" method. I think I will continue trying the "magic circle" but will try to careful weave in my ends. Blue is my favorite color. No matter what the shade if it is blue I like it. So I fell in love with the "Dress Blues" in the RHSS. Also the "French Country" in RHSS. Its blue, yellow, and white. Yellow is my second favorite color.

Almost forgot to say I finished my second UBW cap today. That is two I have made using RHSS Dress Blues. I believe I have enough of this color to make a third one.

If you weave a very long end in several different directions, you should be ok. So many people have not learned how to weave ends in and they cut the yarn off right at the edge of the work. When I put together HAP blankets it is so frustrating when someone cuts off the end so close.

Archived