2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Knitpicks order did come. I bought 3 skeins of custard, one skein of a peach and 2 of the pink of the Brava Sport line. The yarn is so soft and squishy. I love this yarn.

Making some little dresses for the county fair.

:manyheart

OK, so in my travels today I picked up 5 skeins at wal mart for a baby ghan. It wasn't on the agenda when I posted my score earlier for the week to pick any up and I also didn't think I was going to get back here again before Sunday morning.

So I need to update my score :blush

Week 4/14 UPDATE!

WTD: -10 :eek

Posting early. Tomorrow and Sunday is our annual garage sale to raise funds for Relay for Life. Our Team usually raises $1,000 to $1,800 for the American Cancer Society.

WTD=-10 YTD=+31

:manyheart

It's my mom's B-day today, so I'm at my parents for the weekend. I did a lot of :crocheting on the bus/subway trip here. I finished off a skein :cheer (+2). Mom and I went to K-Mart, then dad took us to lunch. We went to see Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower II (ship). Tomorrow we are going to a Wall-mart which is next to A.C. Moore and there's a Michael's down the street. I'll try to be strong, get only what I need (no :yarn) and let mom get :yarn. I'll change my score tomorrow if I give in :lol.

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 28

Ellie 13

I rolled a skein down (+1) last night. Today my parents and I went shopping because I needed shoes for work. I got 2 pair (BOGO sale) at Pay-Less. Then we went to A.C. Moore and I only got 1 skein of white :yarn (-2) for the afghan I'm working on. I hope to finish it by next week.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 27

Ellie 13

I was going to post my score yesterday but glad I waited until today. I finished the adult size cap (my tweaking a pattern from October 2011 Crochet World) just a few minutes ago. I used a burnt orange yarn from Red Heart. It was a 3.5 oz skein. And I got to roll what was left into a ball. Yahoo!!!! :jumpyay If I had posted yesterday I would not have been able to claim the rolled ball. That means my score for this week ending April 14 is:

WTD: +1

Well, no new yarn coming in ts week, upbut I didn't use up any yarn, either. But there has been lots of temptation. At least I'm holding steady.

WTD +0

bought 2 skeins, cuz I finished 2 skeins. sigh... But wait! I rolled a ball!

so

+1 for me!

for this week. finally.

Finished the Solas Caohm afghan. sooo pretty I think. I did make a mistake, but I have settled down the perfectionist in me to say it adds character to the blanket. sigh.

I really enjoyed getting back into my yarnplay this week. I made a hat out of scrap yarn and am knitting a prayer shawl. I used up 5 balls of yarn.

I gave 12 skeins of yarn to someone who cannot afford yarn for her habit, but then I bought 9 skeins of new yarn on clearance :D

WTD: +11 YTD: +23

I counted up what my grandma gave me last week, and here's how it breaks down... She gave me 41 skeins and 1 ball of thread, which I'm NOT counting in my stash because I don't work with thread and haven't decided to actually add it to my stash... she also gave me 25 skeins and 5 balls of yarn, which I AM adding! :yay I managed to use up 5 balls and 2 skeins on the magic ball afghan I've been working on (that was the last of the magic balls, too!! :cheer) so my total for

Week Ending 04/14/2012 is:

WTD -46 / YTD +29

Archived