2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Hmmmm. I may pull out all the Red Heart I have and do a 3sub blanket. I have a P & Q hook so either way I'm good to go.

What stitch is usually done in 3sub? hdc or sc? Just need to get some of these skeins and balls gone :lol

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posting now. Going away for the weekend and won't have computer access.

WTD +2 YTD +4

Enjoy your weekend!!

I wasn't informed of you going away. :( You'd better still have access to Words with Friends. :lol

:turtle:vheart

Finished off 2 skeins yesterday - one ILTC and one Impeccable. It looks like I may end up in the positives this week as long as I stay away from the craft stores!! :cheer

Hmmmm. I may pull out all the Red Heart I have and do a 3sub blanket. I have a P & Q hook so either way I'm good to go.

What stitch is usually done in 3sub? hdc or sc? Just need to get some of these skeins and balls gone :lol

I am mostly using my red heart, and then some, and am doing a double crochet. I will post pics maybe tomorrow. I love how "un" ugly it is coming so far (but I am cheating a bit... pics will show what went on :D)

I'm using a giant skein of cotton to make potholders for a silent auction. It's going to take about 5 potholders to use this baby up. And I've only made one so far....

:manyheart

I usually use dc, but the one I posted the picture of I am doing the star stitch. It takes longer, but it is coming out really nice. :)

been busy knitting a sock and that little ball of yarn doesn't seem to be disappearing! GRRRRR

I just finished a pair of knitted socks (two at a time, toe up, on two circs).... those little skeins should be measured in miles instead of yards/ meters! :lol

So far this week I've done well -- Two skeins of sock yarn rolled down into balls (+2), one skein plus one ball of LB Homespun worked into a moebius cowl (+3), and two small skeins turned into a slouchy hat (+4). No purchases so far, but my email contains coupons for both AC Moore and Michaels. I'll post the final damage tomorrow night.

Looks like I won't be buying all the yarn I want to any time soon. Having to use all extra money for a lawyer to take my POS ex back to court. GEEEEEZ. I was looking forward to new yarn to play with. :(

Man, ex's suck, don't they? I mean, not all of them, I'm sure... in my experience, though... Let's just call them all Hoover and let it go at that, shall we? :rofl

I've been tempted lately by that Bernat Mystery CAL...

I decided to join in. Hiave my yarn except khave to raid my lstzsh for the caroni pounder for my main color

I also canit spell when using my tablet!

Man, I really need to work on something today, but I don't know what. Hat? The afghan for mom? Potholder-turned-sponge? Scarf?

I WANT to do something, but I don't know what... Blah.

Worked a lot on my scrapghan so I fed it a lot of balls of yarn. Also put some time into making SIBOL squares and a couple scarves. I feel pretty good about my yarn usage this week.

WTD +17 / YTD +30

I've been busy this week! On Sunday, I finished up two balls of yarn while making a Special Olympics scarf and on Monday, I used up two skeins working on a baby afghan for a friend's daughter! I don't have school tonight, so I'm going to try & use up two more skeins working on the same aghan tonight. The baby shower is on Sunday, and I'm really hoping to get it done! I'm making the Rainbow Wedges Baby Afghan, and the different sections work up really fast! And the best part? I already had the yarn!!!!

I got it finished! :yay I really do like this pattern, because it works up so quickly. So, I wiil post my score now:

WTD = +11 YTD = +23

I hope everyone has a geat weekend!

It's the end of January already! Where did this month go?

I'll be posting the YTD scores, after the Shoot the moon Winner from last week posts the WTD scores.

Be sure to put both scores in your post for the week. Thank you.

I've done really well this week. :crocheting I made 3 skeins into balls, used up half of a pounder skein, then my daughter took what was left because she ran out of white and needed it to make a hello kitty hat (really think those pounders should be worth double since they are double the size of regular skeins!). So that adds +5 to my score!! :D:cheer:clap I'm back in the + for the year!!!

Week ending 1-28-12

WTD: +8/ YTD: +4

Archived