2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm at a plus seven for the week. Maybe being broke is good for the stash score.

It's just not very fun.

:manyheart

BARELY finished another football [This one with braids in ARKANSAS RAZORBACK colors!!! WPS!!!] I was so afraid I wasn't going to have enough Brown, and I didn't have enough for the brown row of SC at the bottom, so I switched it out for Burgandy!

This puts me at +3 for the week.

Very cute :manyheart

I've finished off 2 skeins today so far piecing together the afghan that I'm working on. So I'm getting closer to at least breaking even for the week!

It's a very sad crochet week...I've done very little crocheting and finished up no balls or skeins. The "good" news is I haven't bought any either.

Sometime last Sunday I sprained or strained my wrist. It hasn't turned interesting colors or swollen up, but the side of my wrist aches like a sprain anytime I use it :ohdear I've been putting stinky menthol stuff on it to make it feel better.

I NEED to crochet....LOL

Shannon hope your wrist feels beter soon! I broke mine years ago and mine didn't swell up or discolor either, but it felt broken everytime I moved it.

Oh yeah...btw, I bought a skein of cotton thread today to start a doily with....I'm positive I don't have enough white thread as it was before I bought the skein. So I'm back to 0 for the week....*sigh*

Ok. I'm going to be the shoot the moon winner for this week unless someone else has a huge haul this week. I just received the yarn I ordered for my mother's afghan, and I'm going to go ahead and count the skeins of cotton I ordered but will be here either tomorrow or Monday. Just kinda get it all out at once to ease the pain.

5 skeins of ILTY Peacock = -10

5 skeins of ILTY Agean Stripe = -10

2 skeins ILTY White = -4

2 skeins ILTY Black = -4

8 skeins of Bernat Handicrafter cotton = -16

Bringing my WTD total to a whopping -44 and destroying my YTD down to a -23.

I don't think I'll use anything up before tomorrow, but I'll wait to do my official weekly post until then, but I hope I don't sound pathetic :lol

Well, bust my britches and call me droopy. (My English teacher during my junior year in high school used to use that expression. I always thought it was funny.) I thought I would win the "Shoot the Moon" award this week. But it looks like Amibel/Vanessa has beaten me. Monday my husband and I went out to eat to celebrate our wedding anniversay (January 14th) and stopped in WalMart. While we were in WalMart I was back in the Fabric/Craft department and 18 skeins of yarn jumped in my cart. So my score for the week ending January 21, 2012 is :

1/21/12 WTD: -36

Okay, put my name in. Maybe, just maybe, (but I doubt it) it will keep me from buying more than I am using:P But, probably not, as I work for a craft store chain and get a really good discount:blush

Will try to add a siggie shortly.

Added you to the list. Welcome!

Making a bunch of baby hats for the hospital. Looks like a cold and snowy weekend ahead, so lots of crochet time.

Well, I could just wait to count the cotton until next week, making you the Shoot the Moon winner :D But no, I'd rather just rip the band-aid right off, you know? :lol

Kathy and Vanessa, you're both shoot the moon winners in my book! :D

I've gotten to a color change point in my afghan, and can call the remaining yarn in the color A to be a ball, so I'm increasing my score to +1. :)

All I gotta say is....RHSS in Real Teal, and RHSS in Hot Red hurt the eyes when put together.....holy crud!

Turned a skein into a ball this week so only a measly +1 so far. I'm hoping to at least finish that skein on the baby blanket today. On the positive side I stopped at the store yesterday and somehow yarn made it into my basket and right before I checked out I put it back. I guess I do have some willpower ...who would've thunk! :think

Archived