Another parade of doilies

Krakovianka

It's been a long time since I've shared any doilies. Truthfully, I haven't been able to crochet as much as usual, courtesy of tendonitis (sob), but this represents the work of the last few months.

The first doily is done with size 20 thread. The Lizbeth "Jellybean" was a welcome RAOK gift, and I used it to continue my endeavors to incorporate variegated thread into pleasing designs. I really like the way this turned out, and I think the simple repeated motif, balanced by lots of negative space and neutral-colored thread, shows off the thread to advantage. I can't imagine using that thread in any of the other designs here, but I love finding patterns that can work well with multi-colored thread.

Doily #2 is just a simple design in size 10 blue thread (the picture is pretty washed out). I wanted something really easy to work on while I was doing something else--can't even remember what it was now.

Design #3 is a much-scaled down table cloth design. I though it was really pretty, but I'm not interested in anything so large. Imagine hundreds of the little motifs instead of just 4. :) It's a deep forest green, size 10 thread, and would look nice during the holidays, although not only then.

#4 is much larger than my usual work--about 18". Only 16 rounds, but all triple crochet, also in size 10 and a pretty spring green.

Okay, if you've read through this, take a look, and tell me honestly--does anyone here have a place in their home where that multi-colored doily would work? I can imagine it, but I don't have such a place. I think Lucy from "Attic 24" would like it. :D

post-13065-135897712372_thumb.jpg

post-13065-135897712376_thumb.jpg

post-13065-135897712379_thumb.jpg

post-13065-135897712382_thumb.jpg

Karen, all your doilies are beautiful, as always. I'm sorry to hear about your tendonitis, I suffer from it, too, sometimes. I can't imagine crocheting with thread under that condition.

Any of your doilies would always find a welcome home at my house!

Hope you are feeling better. :hug

Karen, I was missing your doilies, I'm sorry you had tendonitis (I've had it in wrists and elbow, no fun, take it easy :hug)

They are all lovely, I especially like doily #3, it looks like a bit of lace from a Renaissance castle--very elegant!

#1 is very spring-timey, I rotate my doilies with the seasons/my mood, that would be a nice one to have out in the Spring or Summer under a small bowl of fruit perhaps?

They are all so beautiful! I have a multicolored one I have in my bedroom with my icons on top of it. I also have another one that I like to use in my fancy living room on a side table. They go everywhere!!!

Love your doilies! #1-Well I do display some in a cabnet under inherited figurines that it might look nice under. I've never been able to find a doily that the multi-colored thread looks good at. Yours is nice because of the simple motiff and the nice border. #4-Just imagining doing a whole tablecloth in that pretty pattern gives me the weeby jeevies. :) You are really talented and they all look so nice.

they are all so lovely! I can't imagine doing a tablecloth with all those motifs! thank you for showing off some more of your lovely doilies, and I do hope you get some relief from your tendonitis.

I saw this post yesterday and was trying to find it. Your doilies are GORGEOUS! I just finished my very first one and look forward to making more. I hope I can make some as pretty as yours. :manyheart

• 4 weeks later...

Love them all, great work, but I am partial to 1 & 3. So unique and they really stand out. #1 matches the throw pillow in my living room & #3 is the color of my drapes, so they really appeal to me...

Archived