Crazy Patchwork - Blues and Pinks/Purples

Miss Crochet

I've been experimenting with Crazy Patchwork - it looks like a Babette, but it's not. I just do stacks of 2/4/6/8-round squares, arrange them on the bed and then sew them together like a giant jigsaw puzzle. The pink/purple one is off on a journey at the moment, but I was so pleased with how it looked that I immediately started another one to use up the leftover purple scraps ... and I added lots of blues for kicks and laughs :lol

post-18038-13589769568_thumb.jpg

post-18038-135897695684_thumb.jpg

Beautiful blankets but a question.. Approx. how big are they? The purpley one looks huuuuge. Musta taken a long time to do XD

Let me see. The pink/purple one was crocheted as a gift... Well no, I thought I'd see how it looked when it was done before I decided whether I should gift it. Then I reeeaallllyy liked it and very nearly didn't part with it at all :lol. So I made it big, just in case it really was nice :lol (I know, that sounds a bit crazy!)

It's 160 x 200 cm (63 x 79 inches). The blue one is slightly smaller because I ran out of yarn :lol. It's 140 x 180 cm (55 x 70 inches.) They do take a long time but they're nice to do, and I've now found a couple of things to do that make my life easier. I was actually going to do a blog post about how I go about making one of these, so I'll post a link in this thread when the post is up, so you can see how I approach it.

WOW Olivia they are fabulous! You must have the patience of a saint to join all those motifs together! Well done.

:lol:lol The sewing is okay. It's the maths that get me - they're not my strong point. I do the blanket in strips, so I measure the width in terms of rounds - for instance, one strip was 54 rounds across. I sewed it together, put it aside, and a week later tried to attach the second strip, which was 56 rounds across. You can only imagine the very unladylike squawks that accompanied that discovery! And thus I learned an important lesson: WRITE DOWN THE NUMBERS!! :lol:lol

Archived