Antique Pattern with tiny thread

Chainone

I have worked this pattern a couple times, but this time I did it with #100 DMC cordonnet, which is close to sewing thread. It came out pretty small :) I would not recommend using such a fine thread, I just wanted to see the result. I wish I could get hooks smaller than 14 :(

post-40808-135897679241_thumb.jpg

post-40808-135897679244_thumb.jpg

post-40808-135897679248_thumb.jpg

post-40808-135897679251_thumb.jpg

Very pretty, I love the finer threads. Don't get to work with size 100 too often anymore. As a designer I have to work in threads people will use. But I love the fine threads. You can get a size 15 and 16 from Lacis . They carry both sizes. The smallest thread I ever used is a size 150. They don't make it anymore. I have a few balls which I am saving for something special....

oh WOW :faint that is amazing! So tiny and intricate! I've worked with two strands of sewing thread (one was that slippery machine-embroider stuff) and it was so fiddly. (that was for a tiny teddy bear's dress...the tiny teddy bear was in some embroidery type wool, probably close to 20/30 thread) I can hardly imagine making a doily in size 100!

Your tiny doily came out gorgeous! It looks so perfect :nworthy

So beautiful and delicate. Many years ago I made a doily out of size 100 and swore never to do it again- and I haven't!

Lovely! I've made this in size 10 but my eyes are, um, too mature for such tiny thread! Well done! :yes

It's very exquisite!

I have agree with Granny Square. My eyes couldn't take working with that small of thread anymore. :hook

Archived