Summer Mystery CAL

For those of you joining in and those of you who are getting lost in the threads

Clues can be found:

Clue #1-Post 28

Clue #2-Post 120

Clue #3-Post 169

Photo Progress Clues 1&2 - Post 215

Clue #4-Post 252

Clue #5-Post 293

Final Clue-Post 319

:hugWelcome ladies! :hug

My name is Melinda and I will he hosting this mystery CAL.

This is going to be a fast paced, fun and easy CAL. I hope to post our first "clue" this FRIDAY so keep your eyes peeled for an update.

If you have any questions :think or difficulty :eek throughout this "event" please feel free to send me a private message. I'm here to help!

Oh and one last thing here is my only rule...

:yay HAVE FUN! :yay

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is there any yarn suggestions/hook sizes that would work better than another? Or is that part of the mystery? Never done one of these!

:rofl

The "quote" in your signature is stinkin' hilarious!

okay ladies! lets get our goodies ready!

hook: size k

yarn: worsted weight about two 8oz skeins

its your choice to use all one color or to use more then one color...you may use as many colors as you like ;)

you may or may not use all of it, you may opt to use your "scrap" yarn for this...

keep in mind when choosing color that this is not just being made in summer but is also for the summer! go bright and fun!

good luck on the move! even after you unpack you should be able to catch up! i had to choose something fairly simple and also something that works up rather quickly because im pregnant and due on august 3rd but you never know whats going to happen so i didnt want to leave all these ladies hanging! but have no fear this will still be an fun and relaxing CAL! and who knows...maybe after my baby is born i will host another one if this one works out well! once again good luck on the move!

This sounds like fun. I'll be moving friday but maybe after I unpack I can peek in.

I have never done one of these before. It sounds like alot of fun. I'm glad you picked something simple, since I'm not that good at this yet and don't know alot of stitches. But I am looking forward to this.

I have never done one of these before. It sounds like alot of fun. I'm glad you picked something simple, since I'm not that good at this yet and don't know alot of stitches. But I am looking forward to this.

remember that we are all here to help! something simple seemed like the best option being as its the summer and all people really want to do is relax...so making something with an insane pattern just didnt make sense to me! i would much rather work on something simple while sitting outside listening to music and drinking some iced tea!

tomorrows the day we start! i hope you are all ready! i know i am super excited!

Hmmmmm never done this before and might just have to jump in! I have 10 tubs of yarn (large) so me thinks I can find some to use for this!

kuddles

come on and join us! this isnt going to use a whole lot of time or a whole lot of yarn but it will be fun and a very nice change from any current wips that you need to put down for a little bit!

good luck on the move! even after you unpack you should be able to catch up! i had to choose something fairly simple and also something that works up rather quickly because im pregnant and due on august 3rd but you never know whats going to happen so i didnt want to leave all these ladies hanging! but have no fear this will still be an fun and relaxing CAL! and who knows...maybe after my baby is born i will host another one if this one works out well! once again good luck on the move!

Congratulations on the baby.

Well ladies tomorrow is the day!

:clap I just wanted to thank everyone that is doing this with me! I hope everyone has fun and really enjoys doing this.

Just a reminder to everyone that this is very simple... and by simple I mean its going to take you back to basics with the main stitches. Sometimes less is more! I'm sure we all could use a little break from those "complicated" patterns anyway!

At the end of this you will understand more why i chose the route of basic stitches...until then lets just go with the flow!

come on and join us! this isnt going to use a whole lot of time or a whole lot of yarn but it will be fun and a very nice change from any current wips that you need to put down for a little bit!

Okay you hooked me!

kuddles

Hi! I've never participated in a CAL before, either. I'm super excited to join in this one. I found a "K" hook :hook and I'm going to check my stash for yarn :yarn.

Thank you for hosting this, and congratulations on your pregnancy. Wishing you and your family the best of health, love and happiness! :c9

Hi! I've never participated in a CAL before, either. I'm super excited to join in this one. I found a "K" hook :hook and I'm going to check my stash for yarn :yarn.

Thank you for hosting this, and congratulations on your pregnancy. Wishing you and your family the best of health, love and happiness! :c9

thanks so much! im glad that everyone is looking forward to this CAL because it makes me even more excited about hosting it!

Archived