Summer Mystery CAL

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can i still join. I have lots of yarn that i have in my closet

of course you can still join! the first "clue" goes up tomorrow...well actually i may post it in a little bit just because i am so excited to get this thing started!

well ladies the time is here!

get your hook :hook and yarn :yarn ready!

before i post the very first clue i want to let you all know how excited :clap and worried :eek i am! i really hope you all like the item i chose for this...and that you all feel that this was worth your time! :yes

remember new clues will be posted each Friday, if anyone feels they need more time please let me know and i can post a new clue every other Friday, but no worries i think you ladies will have this all done in no time!

okay, enough feelings :lol lets get to the clue!

ready, set, CROCHET! :crocheting

CLUE # 1

Chose your starting color then, Ch 5 , connect to form ring.

Round 1: Work 12 Sc into ring, connect to beg ch

Round 2: *Ch 6. Sc in 2nd ch from hk. Hdc into next 4 ch stitches Sc in next Sc of base round. Repeat from * around circle completing 12 petals Sl st into base of 1st petal post. End off and weave ends

Round 3: Attach yarn to the TIP of a petal. *ch5 slst in tip of next petal. repeat from * around.

Round 4: Ch2, *dc in next 5 stitches, 2dc in next stitch (tip of next petal). repeat from * around, end with 1 dc in tip of last petal. Slst in top of ch2.

Round 5: Ch2, *dc in next st, repeat from * around, slst in top of ch2

:cheer

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN LADIES!!!! I CANT WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE'S WONDERFUL WORK!

I've never worked with such a large hook, as I tend to make tight stitches. Quite an interesting experience. I worked the first round in yellow and realized that's the only bright color I have! I tend to prefer earth tones and darker colors. Time to send my daughter to the store to get me some bright colors!

I've been out of power since last night and it just came back on a short while ago. It was TORTURE wondering about the first clue!... Believe me. My mango Caron yarn was just sitting there all day, taunting me!

I've never worked with such a large hook, as I tend to make tight stitches. Quite an interesting experience. I worked the first round in yellow and realized that's the only bright color I have! I tend to prefer earth tones and darker colors. Time to send my daughter to the store to get me some bright colors!

oh no! no need to run out and BUY yarn for this! i only said bright colors because well summer and those colors go together but if you prefer other colors then by all means make it in colors that you will love and use!

I've been out of power since last night and it just came back on a short while ago. It was TORTURE wondering about the first clue!... Believe me. My mango Caron yarn was just sitting there all day, taunting me!

im glad that your power has been restored! mmmm mango colored yarn sounds so perfect for summer!

Yea!!!! I brought home yarn, but it's not bright although I like bright. Just didn't have enough already sitting there :think I'm going to do this today though after a trip to walmart just in case anything jumps into my cart :lol:devil

OK, I got 2 bright colors while out :D Any reason to buy more yarn :lol:devil

Sat down to start this and am already having trouble on round 2 :( I think I'm doing what it says, but it's not seeming right to me :think So I'll be anxious to see the result :yes

OK, I got 2 bright colors while out :D Any reason to buy more yarn :lol:devil

Sat down to start this and am already having trouble on round 2 :( I think I'm doing what it says, but it's not seeming right to me :think So I'll be anxious to see the result :yes

oh my! :eek i just re read what i wrote for round 2 and left out the most important little bit of information! i fixed it though...please forgive me!

Round 2: *Ch 6. Sc in 2nd ch from hk. Hdc into next 4 ch stitches Sc in next Sc of base round. Repeat from * around circle completing 12 petals Sl st into base of 1st petal post. End off and weave ends

ladies i am sooooooooooooooo sorry! please forgive me! :blush even after reading over and over again what i wrote before i posted i still somehow managed to make an error! :eek the corrected text is in bold red color for round two of the first clue. once again i am so sorry! i will try my best to make sure that this doesnt happen again! :(

Archived