Summer Mystery CAL

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to tomorrow! :bounce I often look at what I have done so far and have no idea what it'll be yet. See, xoseveredheartox, that's what makes this so much fun for me! :cheer

Also, hope you don't mind my saying this but I hope you're not fretting over us having questions and needing help. Part of the reason is that it IS a mystery, so there's no photo or drawing to look at to make sure we're doing it right. Plus, our questions help find needed corrections in the pattern instructions. So there's a dual benefit. (I know. You can write a pattern, look at it 1,001 times and still not catch what's missing. I have to recheck a recipe a ga-zillion times before I give it to someone.) ;)

See ya! :hook

Better late than never...I'm joining in and will just play catch up. This will definitely be a scrap project for me. I'm the lucky recipient of bags and bags of yarn that was offered up on freecycle. So, getting started right now on Clue #1.

Sharon

Ok...so it's friday...where is the next clue? :thinkOh gosh I hope this isn't another one of those CAL's that go to the wayside!

hey lady :) I'm over here in IL eagerly awaiting the release of clue #2 :)

In about 1 hour, I'll have hook in hand :hook and waiting eagerly:jumpyay

hey everyone! sorry for the delay in posting this clue everything is fine with baby to be and i...i was having some problems with getting my internet to stay connected but all is fixed now! thank you all for being patient...

CLUE #2

Round 6-7: change color.(this is where i chose to join my second color, feel free to join a new color at any round or to work in all one color, from here on out i will "change color" on the round that i decided to, you call the shots with that decision from this point on),

Ch2, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in each st around, slst in top of ch2

Round 8-9: change color. Ch2, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in each st around, slst in top of ch2

Round 10-11: change color. Ch2, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in each st around, slst in top of ch2

now ladies we are going to start working on the additions for this project... so set aside the main piece and pick up your K hook and any of the yarns you are using for the main piece.... then....yes thats right everyone....we are taking it back to the very start...

Chose your starting color then, Ch 5 , connect to form ring.

Round 1: Work 12 Sc into ring, connect to beg ch

Round 2: *Ch 6. 1 Sc in 2nd ch from hk. 1 Hdc into each of the next 4 ch sts, 1 Sc in next Sc of base round.

Repeat from * around circle completing 12 petals

Sl st into base of 1st petal post.

End off and weave ends

after you have completed 3 of these set them aside! remember you choose the color for them, you may want to do round 1 and 2 in different colors, or you may want to do both rounds in the same color...get creative everyone!

Good luck everyone! Remember to have fun!

Clues can be found:

Clue #1-Post 28

Also, hope you don't mind my saying this but I hope you're not fretting over us having questions and needing help. Part of the reason is that it IS a mystery, so there's no photo or drawing to look at to make sure we're doing it right. Plus, our questions help find needed corrections in the pattern instructions. So there's a dual benefit. (I know. You can write a pattern, look at it 1,001 times and still not catch what's missing. I have to recheck a recipe a ga-zillion times before I give it to someone.) ;)

i am happy that everyone is asking questions and needing help...it makes for a good way to connect... im just nervous because i dont want anyone to get too frustrated with trying to figure it out and give up! i dont want to add to anyones collection of unfinished projects :lol. and yes i agree it is very easy to look at a pattern or recipe that you have written down and forget little things if you are so use to doing it! thanks for the support and understanding!

when you say "3 of these set them aside! "...

3 total (including the first one) or 3 more in addition to the first one.

Also - am I going all the way to round 11 on all the pieces or just the first one?

when you say "3 of these set them aside! "...

3 total (including the first one) or 3 more in addition to the first one.

Also - am I going all the way to round 11 on all the pieces or just the first one?

round 11 on the main piece only!

3 in total...

so you will have this when clue 2 is completed:

1 main piece which you have now worked 11 rounds on

3 additional pieces which you have worked 2 rounds on

i hope i helped!

round 11 on the main piece only!

3 in total...

so you will have this when clue 2 is completed:

1 main piece which you have now worked 11 rounds on

3 additional pieces which you have worked 2 rounds on

i hope i helped!

yup yup - thanks!

Oh I can't wait to start this! :clap I have to run errands now :drive so I won't be able to until this afternoon. (Glad all is well, Melinda!:))

Archived