Summer Mystery CAL

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm in. I've never done a Cal but often look to see what's going on. I must go dig out some yarn now!

yay! :yay welcome! i hope you enjoy this CAL. i did make a nice sized type in round 2 of the first clue but i edited and corrected it (the red bold color text) so you should be good to go!

Would it be possible for you to let us know when changing colors is a good idea for those of us using more than one color?

:yes of course i will let you know! you just dont need to change color just yet!

No biggie for me. I'll do clue one again. :hook Give's me more practice. I'm having lots of fun so far, especially the "not knowing" what the final piece will be. :crocheting

I'm enjoying working with the larger hook size, too. I've never used my K-hook before!

OK, I'll go back and redo it :lol I just kept with it and I must say that what I have actually looks a little cute. :shrug:lol

Oh I like mine, too! I hesitated before finally deciding to redo it. :U

oh my! :eek i just re read what i wrote for round 2 and left out the most important little bit of information! i fixed it though...please forgive me!

time to rip. I though rnd 2 was odd too but I made it work.

I'm doing mine in a dark burgundy.

Oh I like mine, too! I hesitated before finally deciding to redo it. :U

time to rip. I though rnd 2 was odd too but I made it work.

I'm doing mine in a dark burgundy.

I actually kept my first one, just in case I can do something with it :lol So I won't take it out unless I need that little bit of yarn :think

I actually kept my first one, just in case I can do something with it :lol So I won't take it out unless I need that little bit of yarn :think

Me, too! :cheer

Hey! I'm almost finished unpacking. & the internet was set up just a bit ago! I think I might take a break later and start this. I'm so glad to be back online everything went smoother than I could have hoped for.

im glad everyone liked the oops that i made and how it turned out! its nice to know that everyone is so kind when it comes to errors like that!

so how is everyone coming along with clue #1? and what colors have you decided to use?

im using pink and green!

im glad everyone liked the oops that i made and how it turned out! its nice to know that everyone is so kind when it comes to errors like that!

so how is everyone coming along with clue #1? and what colors have you decided to use?

im using pink and green!

Guess what I'm using pink and green also, Vanna's Choice Baby in Pink Poddle and Lime, I just haven't decided which color to use first. :lol

I started this yesterday while waiting for our cookout guests to arrive. I am using for the main color Caron Simply Soft Blue Mint and Caron Simply Soft Party Snow Sparkle. Both colors were calling to me in the store! I can't wait for th next set of instrutions!

I was thinking about it more this morning and I'm going to start over with a different color. If the petals of round 2 will work with the 'wrong' directions, I'll just finish the first one with the boo-boo.:hook Now to re-decide what color(s) to use.

Hey! I'm almost finished unpacking. & the internet was set up just a bit ago! I think I might take a break later and start this. I'm so glad to be back online everything went smoother than I could have hoped for.

Wow! You did good moving!... Clue #1 isn't long, so if you didn't start yet you'll be caught up in no time. :yes

I started this yesterday while waiting for our cookout guests to arrive. I am using for the main color Caron Simply Soft Blue Mint and Caron Simply Soft Party Snow Sparkle. Both colors were calling to me in the store! I can't wait for th next set of instrutions!

I love using Caron Simply Soft. I haven't been shopping for yarn, though, so I'm using Caron's color Mango from my stash. I haven't seen the 2 colors you are using. I gotta go check them out, especially the Party Snow Sparkle! :)

:yay

I love using Caron Simply Soft. I haven't been shopping for yarn, though, so I'm using Caron's color Mango from my stash. I haven't seen the 2 colors you are using. I gotta go check them out, especially the Party Snow Sparkle! :)

The blue mint is a teal/turquoise color and the party has a shimmer thread running thru it. The mango sounds yummy!

Ok... this is fun. I finished Clue #1. I am using Red Heart Super Soft in Wine. I'm not a colorful bright person so this is a good color for me.... provided I knew what this was *laughing*

Are we encouraged to post progress pictures? I'll most likely put this in my WIP post on my blog until it's done :)

FUN!

I have some bright colors now. Yellow, purple, light magenta and medium blue. I made round 1 yellow, rnd 2 blue and rnds 3 and 4 magenta. it is starting out very interesting. my daughter says it looks like a wheel. I think the center 2 rnds look like a starfish. thanks for this. it is very fun! I'd love to see pics of how every one else is progressing. I just ordered a camera (store sold out but i got $20 more off the sale price!), but it won't come in until early next week.

also i had just finished up to rnd 2 with the error in it. it looked really cute. then i saw that there was an error. i kept the little scrunchy and gave it to my kitty. she loves it. crochet mistakes make the best cat toys!

im using pink and green!

Guess what I'm using pink and green also, Vanna's Choice Baby in Pink Poddle and Lime, I just haven't decided which color to use first. :lol

I'm also using pink and green :lol

Archived