Summer Mystery CAL

i was just stopping in to say hi and to see how everyone is doing! how is everyones project coming along?! i know its hard to make something when you have no idea what the out come will be but hang in there! and im sure you all have picked colors that will work great! any color will do really (as long as they dont look funny together!) i do hope everyone is having fun with this, i also hope its working up quickly and easily for everyone! the clues may start to seem boring and repetitive but then again any pattern that is worked on generally has alot of the same things going on for a while! just imagine in a little while everyone will have a beautiful surprise to enjoy!

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Melinda ~ I am having a blast! :dance ... And as mentioned earlier my grandmother was intrigued by the idea of not knowing what we're making. My colors are mango and off-white. Kinda like a creamsicle. Then, like some others, I varied the two colors in the 3 other pieces. This is lots of fun & thanks for hosting it! :ty

Hi Melinda, I'm having a great time with this mystery cal. It is my first one. My oldest dd's bf wanted to know why was I crocheting a beach ball!

haha that was a good guess being as it does kind of look like a beach ball right now...but no everyone it is NOT a beach ball!

Hi everybody, I'm a newbie here and would love to join in on this CAL - it looks fun and a little less daunting than the others to start with.

I've finished clue 1 in a bright red, and will be starting on 2 tomorrow to see if I can get caught up before the next one comes out. Not sure yet what my second color will be, though. I'm thinking yellow?

Hi everybody, I'm a newbie here and would love to join in on this CAL - it looks fun and a little less daunting than the others to start with.

I've finished clue 1 in a bright red, and will be starting on 2 tomorrow to see if I can get caught up before the next one comes out. Not sure yet what my second color will be, though. I'm thinking yellow?

:welcome to our mystery. Glad you're jumping right in, I still have a little bit of clue 2 to finish up before tomorrow :yes

Ooooo, oooooo.....Friday's tomorrow :bounce

Hi WhizzlinFizzbie! Welcome to Crochetville & I'm glad you joined in! This is my first CAL, too. Your color(s) sound fabulous! :yarn

I would love to see photos of what it is looking like so far before i join..

So if you ladies dont want to post here so others dont see,, can you maybe PM me for my email addy and you can send me photos of what you have done so far so i can decide if i join or not please.

thanks

hugs

Lillibet

okay everyone...clue number 3 is on its way...i hope to post it later on tonight but if you dont see the post tonight or tomorrow morning it is because we are having a nasty storm here in NJ...if i dont lose power the clue will be up....if i do it wont be up until sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening! i wont leave you hanging! i promise!

here we go! :woo like i said in one of my previous posts...this clue is going to be rather boring and super simple...just stick it out and take your time, relax and enjoy! simplicity is bliss!

how is everyone coming along so far? i cant wait to see your flowers :flower who is up for sharing some progress pictures?

also i was wondering if you all would like me to start posting longer clues or if the rate in which we are working on this is fine with everyone...

CLUE #3!!!

change color

Rounds 12-21: Ch2, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in each st around, slst in top of ch2

Clues can be found:

Clue #1-Post 28

Clue #2-Post 120

Is this clue all done in the same color and to the main piece? Well, I know you said we can change colors where we want, so for a suggestion to work from....are you changing colors for this clue? and if so, how often?

Thanks

Oh, and the clues are fine for me since my life it just crazy hectic right now....but if others would like it to speed up a bit, I'd be fine with that too ;yes

Is this clue all done in the same color and to the main piece? Well, I know you said we can change colors where we want, so for a suggestion to work from....are you changing colors for this clue? and if so, how often?

Thanks

Oh, and the clues are fine for me since my life it just crazy hectic right now....but if others would like it to speed up a bit, I'd be fine with that too ;yes

this is done on the main piece. you can change colors whenever you want i am not going to be changing colors for these rounds...just at the start of round 12. (i will be changing from green to pink)

Arg! I keep thinking that I should be figuring out what this is going to be by now, but I don't have clue. My son's been wearing it around like a hat, though, since I made it in his favorite colors.

I'd be OK with speeding up a little, but that's mostly because I'm so curious to find out what it is. Thanks so much for doing this - it's a lot of fun so far!

Archived