Summer Mystery CAL

Arg! I keep thinking that I should be figuring out what this is going to be by now, but I don't have clue. My son's been wearing it around like a hat, though, since I made it in his favorite colors.

I'd be OK with speeding up a little, but that's mostly because I'm so curious to find out what it is. Thanks so much for doing this - it's a lot of fun so far!

yet another great guess! but nope its not a hat!

im so glad that you are having fun! that was my goal in deciding to host this!

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think its a safe time to start the guessing game...

:shrug what does everyone think this is going to be?

the guesses i have seen so far are:

Beach Ball

Hat

what do you think the mystery item is?! :scrachin

i LOVE the fact that i know and everyone is in the dark! :nahnah lol you know i didnt think hosting would be as fun as this has been... :ty all for giving me this chance!

This is my first crochet-along and I' m loving it so far! I 've been wanting to crochet but didn't know what I wanted to make. I started a few rows tonight in clue #3. I get excited with every clue hoping to find out what it is lol. I think the pace is pretty good , if we got alittle faster I have no problem with that either. Well its time to head back to my beachball/hat lol

My 3 yo daughter keeps telling me that it is a hat and it is for her. LOL. I guess I know what she wants Mommy to make her. :) i'll get started on this tomorrow.

I would love to see photos of what it is looking like so far before i join..

So if you ladies dont want to post here so others dont see,, can you maybe PM me for my email addy and you can send me photos of what you have done so far so i can decide if i join or not please.

thanks

hugs

Lillibet

I included pictures in my WIP Wednesday post on my blog (link in siggie - don't go if you don't want to know what mine looks like hehehe). I posted at the end of clue 1 last week and the end of clue 2 yesterday.

I included pictures in my WIP Wednesday post on my blog (link in siggie - don't go if you don't want to know what mine looks like hehehe). I posted at the end of clue 1 last week and the end of clue 2 yesterday.

i have up to the end of clue 2 on my blog as well. :)

this is done on the main piece. you can change colors whenever you want i am not going to be changing colors for these rounds...just at the start of round 12. (i will be changing from green to pink)

Thanks....hmmmm, I will be thinking about the color changing and see what happens when I start :lol

Arg! I keep thinking that I should be figuring out what this is going to be by now, but I don't have clue. My son's been wearing it around like a hat, though, since I made it in his favorite colors.

I'd be OK with speeding up a little, but that's mostly because I'm so curious to find out what it is. Thanks so much for doing this - it's a lot of fun so far!

Too cute :manyheart

SBT #3

I have to take a break after this one... Using the larger hook with two stands has made my wrist sore :(

It's beautiful :yes

Crap! Sorry wrong thread...

:rofl I kinda thought so, but still cute

i think its a safe time to start the guessing game...

:shrug what does everyone think this is going to be?

the guesses i have seen so far are:

Beach Ball

Hat

what do you think the mystery item is?! :scrachin

i LOVE the fact that i know and everyone is in the dark! :nahnah lol you know i didnt think hosting would be as fun as this has been... :ty all for giving me this chance!

I really haven't been trying to guess :think I'm one of those people that doesn't like to ruin my surprise. Even at xmas or my bday my sister tries to get me going about what she gets me, and I just don't play along :lol But at this point, my best guess is some kind of cover for something, just don't know what it would be for though :think

i have up to the end of clue 2 on my blog as well. :)

My pieces so far look just like both of yours :D

I like this pace. I like the mystery of not knowing because I'm another one that never peeked at the Christmas presents. I like that Cris and Ashlei have put pictures on their blogs so I can check my work and see that I'm not off in a crazy direction. I like that our hostess is getting a kick out of this. This is some crochet fun time for me.

Sharon

Dear Melinda:

I want to say that I am going to join this CAL.... I liked what i have seen so far and i think I know what it is going to be but i will reserve that to me til the end...

thank you for doing this cal..

hugs

Lillibet

I like this pace. I like the mystery of not knowing because I'm another one that never peeked at the Christmas presents. I like that Cris and Ashlei have put pictures on their blogs so I can check my work and see that I'm not off in a crazy direction. I like that our hostess is getting a kick out of this. This is some crochet fun time for me.

Sharon

I loooove mystery CALs. i'm so addicted to them! :manyheart i love the surprise, it's exciting. :)

Dear Cris:

I went and took a peek at your wip and I like what i saw and now I am intrigured and will join the CAL here...

thanks

Lillibet

Thanks!

I am having a fun time with it and hope you do too :)

hehehe, i followed you last night as well! :D and yay, my first follower! :cheer

I saw you followed me this morning... and I was SURPRISED to see I was first follower (and am very honored to be!)

:cheer:clap:cheer

Just wondering if there is any way you could post where the next clue is in the very first post of this thread? It's a bit frustrating trying to find the next clue.

no problem... im doing it now :yes

clue #3 finished and I can say I am still unsure what in the world I am making LOL I am pretty sure I picked up a stitch somewhere in those rounds although I don't think it's terrible.... I guess only time will tell :)

clue #3 finished and I can say I am still unsure what in the world I am making LOL I am pretty sure I picked up a stitch somewhere in those rounds although I don't think it's terrible.... I guess only time will tell :)

i just took a peek at your blog while having my :morcoffee ...and i must say that your mystery item is right on track :woo ! i LOVE the color you choose too! keep up the great work :cheer

oh and yes it is working up quickly and if you picked up a stitch somewhere along the lines...dont stress it :thair it wont make that big of a difference in the end :P just try not to pick up too many along the way!

Archived