Summer Mystery CAL

Don't feel bad, I found myself checking at 5:30 this morning when my df left for work.. just to make sure! :lol

Oh!!!... I forgot to mention that my last thought before drifting off to sleep last night was ... "oh, I wonder if Melinda posted the clue early... :c9"

I love this! :D

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im sorry i didnt get to post it sooner! but here it is!

Clue #4

work this on main piece: Rounds 22-25: Ch2, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in each st around, slst in top of ch2

now put your main piece to the side!

pick a color...any color... then:

Chain 100, turn, sc in each stitch across, end off.

Clues can be found:

Clue #1-Post 28

Clue #2-Post 120

Clue #3-Post 169

:yay:jumpyay:woo

Here I go! :crocheting

Thanks, Melinda! Hope all's well! :)

yay!!! cant wait to see your progress! all is well, thanks for asking. my son decided to break my glasses last night so at some point in time today i must go and get new ones, it was rather funny watching me try to type up that the last post. i hope you enjoy this new clue!

yay!!! cant wait to see your progress! all is well, thanks for asking. my son decided to break my glasses last night so at some point in time today i must go and get new ones, it was rather funny watching me try to type up that the last post. i hope you enjoy this new clue!

my kids have broken both arms of mine.. lol. they ar being held together by some kind of shrink wrap df had.. but i can't close them anymore. :lol

Oh NO! :eek Sorry to hear about your glasses! Gotta luv when kids get things they shouldn't into their little hands. I always tell my visitors "My house is not child-proof. Feel free to move anything." (Granted I do my best to keep things out of reach, of course. :) BUT!.... ;))

my kids have broken both arms of mine.. lol. they ar being held together by some kind of shrink wrap df had.. but i can't close them anymore. :lol

Kids + Eyeglasses = :eek

Wow! This must happen a lot! :lol

Kids + Eyeglasses = :eek

Wow! This must happen a lot! :lol

it does happen alot...i mean once they rip them off your face the kids generally have the advantage because you cant see all that well then it becomes what one might say "like finding a needle in a haystack!"

:yay I'm excited for the new clue.

I got to work this morning and though 'aw man, I forgot to check to see if the new clue was posted yet' :lol Granted it wasn't since that was at about 6:30 this morning :eek I know I won't get to it tonight, but surely over the weekend :yes

:eek about the glasses....no kids for me, but I do have 2 pair. One morning after my shower I couldn't find my glasses, so I put on the other pair and still couldn't find the first pair :think Where could they be. Well they were in the bed with me....but um....I did NOT have them on my face when I went to bed :think So weird :lol Maybe my dream was fuzzy and I wanted to see it clearer :think:devil

:yay I'm excited for the new clue.

I got to work this morning and though 'aw man, I forgot to check to see if the new clue was posted yet' :lol Granted it wasn't since that was at about 6:30 this morning :eek I know I won't get to it tonight, but surely over the weekend :yes

:eek about the glasses....no kids for me, but I do have 2 pair. One morning after my shower I couldn't find my glasses, so I put on the other pair and still couldn't find the first pair :think Where could they be. Well they were in the bed with me....but um....I did NOT have them on my face when I went to bed :think So weird :lol Maybe my dream was fuzzy and I wanted to see it clearer :think:devil

i was a bit late with posting the clue...but it did make it here on the day it was planned :lol i like posting the clues on fridays that way everyone has the weekend to enjoy it!

about the glasses...well they were able to fix my old ones...but since i was due for new ones (as said my insurance company :yes) i did infact get a new pair :woo and let me tell you i am so happy with them :jumpyay they are purple which is my all time favorite color and now i have a back up pair! :yay i do often find my glasses in some strange places...and the mornings that i cant find them are the worst because i ALWAYS leave them in the same place but somehow they are either moved or end up under something how you ask :think i have no idea... i like to say that i have gnomes that like to take them and play hide-n-seek with me :laughroll

post-49761-135897667917_thumb.jpg

Hello ladies!

I finished all the clues! Well except yesterdays but I should get caught up with that this weekend. I got lots of things to make this weekend I'm excited. I haven't had time lately to really crochet like I used to.

Hey everyone,

I met up with a few ladies from the ville on saturday and I worked up this weeks clue :yay I decided to hold off on the last part until after I get the next clue.....Since I'm using 4 colors now, I want to make sure I pick the right one depending upon what it will be used for :think

I am another johnny come lately to this cal, but would love to join in.

I have finished clue #2, now onto #3.

Could it be a back pack, or a toilet lid cover, whatever its fun to do!

Welcome to the CAL :hug I'm not sure yet what it is, but I'm enjoying the project with my bright colors and the anticipation of the final product :bounce

Hey everyone,

I met up with a few ladies from the ville on saturday and I worked up this weeks clue :yay I decided to hold off on the last part until after I get the next clue.....Since I'm using 4 colors now, I want to make sure I pick the right one depending upon what it will be used for :think

Wow! 4 colors! Awesome!... I wish I was that creative. Can't wait to see your project. :)

Hi & glad you could join us!... The "mystery" part of it is so much fun, isn't it? This is my 1st CAL. My grandma is sick and, when she was in the hospital recently, I showed her this CAL. (She taught me to crochet when I was a little girl, and I thought that sharing the CAL might somehow lift her spirits a bit. :manyheart) I told her I have no idea what it'll be and explained how it works with getting the pattern instructions in weekly clues. I don't think she ever worked on a computer before, so I'm pretty sure she was amazed by this.

~~~~~

And if anyone can spare a prayer, my grandma could sure use some. Hospice will be taking care of her now, and I just pray that she is comfortable and not in pain.

Thank you, and wishing everyone a blessed day.

:sun

Wow! 4 colors! Awesome!... I wish I was that creative. Can't wait to see your project. :)

I started in 2 colors and then when we got to clue 2 and had the little 'flowers' I didn't really want them all the same colors, so decided to do each on different so then decided to work those colors into the main piece too. Now, I'll be excited if my spacings come out nicely but it's hard to pattern out the colors without knowing the finished product :think But am loving it :yes

Hi & glad you could join us!... The "mystery" part of it is so much fun, isn't it? This is my 1st CAL. My grandma is sick and, when she was in the hospital recently, I showed her this CAL. (She taught me to crochet when I was a little girl, and I thought that sharing the CAL might somehow lift her spirits a bit. :manyheart) I told her I have no idea what it'll be and explained how it works with getting the pattern instructions in weekly clues. I don't think she ever worked on a computer before, so I'm pretty sure she was amazed by this.

~~~~~

And if anyone can spare a prayer, my grandma could sure use some. Hospice will be taking care of her now, and I just pray that she is comfortable and not in pain.

Definitely sending out some prayers for your grandma :hug :hug :hug It sounds like you have a realistic outlook for her situation though and that's what hospice is for :yes:hug :hug :hug

Definitely sending out some prayers for your grandma :hug :hug :hug It sounds like you have a realistic outlook for her situation though and that's what hospice is for :yes:hug :hug :hug

Thank you, Marisa... I'm trying my best :manyheart, but my heart just aches. (Naturally.)

Welcome to the CAL :hug I'm not sure yet what it is, but I'm enjoying the project with my bright colors and the anticipation of the final product :bounce

Thanks for the Welcome!:manyheart

~~~~~

Thanks for the welcome, grandma is definately in my prayers! :manyheart

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

I've been a bit MIA... some personal things going on.... lets just say Fathers Day is not my favorite day.... :( I miss my daddy!

I have all the clues printed out and have to start all over.............. :sigh

My precious kitty.......... ( he is so lucky I love him) thought I made what I had for him. So he snuggled with it. Well... that wouldnt be so bad... but he kinda snagged it up. So...... back to my stash and time for a re-do. Which is really okay ..... I will get brighter colors this time 'round! :hook

Love what I've seen so far! Great job ladies!

Have a great day!!!

TCarra......... praying for your grandma!

:heart

:mug

Archived