Summer Mystery CAL

I've been gone for a couple of weeks and need to get caught up. Actually, I need to start over! I don't know what in the world I did at the beginning, but I only had 54 stitches around, and when I read that we were supposed to have 84, I was pretty surprised! So, my son is now wearing my first one around the house looking like a tiny Jamaican, and I've just finished the first week again. Don't know how I messed up the first time because now I have 84 stitches around!

Off to get caught up!

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been gone for a couple of weeks and need to get caught up. Actually, I need to start over! I don't know what in the world I did at the beginning, but I only had 54 stitches around, and when I read that we were supposed to have 84, I was pretty surprised! So, my son is now wearing my first one around the house looking like a tiny Jamaican, and I've just finished the first week again. Don't know how I messed up the first time because now I have 84 stitches around!

Off to get caught up!

I'm going to have to begin again too. I have 162 stitches, not 84. What did I do wrong? :eek:eek:eek

im sorry for all of the confusion with the clues :ohdear ! i hope everyone is now right on track.

this is a rather important update so i hope everyone reads this....

as everyone knows i am pregnant and due on august 3rd. i went to the doctor today and it was determined at todays visit that tomorrow and the next day i need to go in and have lots of tests done...pending the results there is a very good chance that i will have to have the baby this friday :scared the baby is doing good so far and weighs 5lbs7oz (according to the ultrasound) but this mommy isnt doing so well...my blood pressure is through the roof and my feet are very very swollen...

what does all this mean for our CAL? well its a good thing that the next clue is our LAST one! i am going to do my best to post it thursday night so i dont leave everyone hanging!

i just wanted to give everyone an update so if i seem to fall off the face of the earth for a little while you all know why.

Oh Melinda, don't worry about us!!!! We don't have any problem waiting and we already knew your due date was coming :yes Keep you and baby healthy :hug :hug :hug Will be keeping the two of you in my prayers!!!!

I was on bed rest with my daughter due to bp reasons so i know how ya' feel.. take care of you and that baby! :) Don't worry about us we're big girls and can handle waiting. :hug good luck girl!

oh honey.............. no worries about us!!!!

you take care of you and that new little bundle! We'll all be right here when you get back! :hug

sending prayers!

:heart

:mug

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family, Melinda! I hope everything turns out okay and everyone is safe and sound and healthy. Take care and I'll be thinking of you. :hug

im sorry for all of the confusion with the clues :ohdear ! i hope everyone is now right on track.

this is a rather important update so i hope everyone reads this....

as everyone knows i am pregnant and due on august 3rd. i went to the doctor today and it was determined at todays visit that tomorrow and the next day i need to go in and have lots of tests done...pending the results there is a very good chance that i will have to have the baby this friday :scared the baby is doing good so far and weighs 5lbs7oz (according to the ultrasound) but this mommy isnt doing so well...my blood pressure is through the roof and my feet are very very swollen...

what does all this mean for our CAL? well its a good thing that the next clue is our LAST one! i am going to do my best to post it thursday night so i dont leave everyone hanging!

i just wanted to give everyone an update so if i seem to fall off the face of the earth for a little while you all know why.

Don't you dare worry about this CAL. Take care of yourself and baby. We are here, not going anywhere. I hope the results come back ok and you can carry a lot longer than this Friday.

This move is killing me LOL I have not gotten to last week's clue yet and it's already Thursday! I am hoping to get an hour of me-time tonight to do the clue.... I desperately need that time. I'm so tired of moving boxes, unpacking boxes, moving furniture, putting things together, etc....

And to top it off, my brother and his wife want to come visit and see the new house this weekend LOL

OH BOY!

This move is killing me LOL I have not gotten to last week's clue yet and it's already Thursday! I am hoping to get an hour of me-time tonight to do the clue.... I desperately need that time. I'm so tired of moving boxes, unpacking boxes, moving furniture, putting things together, etc....

And to top it off, my brother and his wife want to come visit and see the new house this weekend LOL

OH BOY!

We just moved about 6 months ago.. it is noooo fun. I remember being so busy packing, unpacking, putting away, moving things around 20 times til I liked where it was.. :lol I hope your move goes fast for ya and you get some you time.

OH BOY!

tell them they can come, but you will be putting them to work!!!

tell them they can come, but you will be putting them to work!!!

I told him that there was no place for them to sleep and they'll have to sleep on the floor.... but they were more than welcome to come visit LOL

i first want to take a second to thank everyone for being so understanding :ghug i still have not had the baby (which i think is a good thing being as she isnt due till august 3rd!) due to the fact that the lab messed up with the tests and i have to go and have them done again on monday and tuesday :thumbdown i sure hope for the lab that everything comes back okay and that i dont have to have an emergency delivery because should something happen to my child or myself due to their error and lack of care there will be heck to pay :rant

okay so here we are...better late then never...this is our final clue which means we are going to be assembling the rest of our "mystery item" which im sure you have all figured out by now :lol

Final Clue

make sure all of your ends are weaved in on your main piece!

remember those 3 flowers we made? well now its time to attach them to one side of the main piece! i will leave the method in which you do this up to you, i actually use a needle and thread and sew mine on.

and now for that chain that seemed to have no point at all... you are going to weave that around the stitches all the way around. make sure you choose a row that is below the "strap" that you made in the last clue. i recommend making the ends of the long chain start and end in the middle of the side of your main piece that you attach the flowers to.

now all thats left is for you to load your "mystery item" with your beach or park must haves and cinch that sack up!

the reason i make this with such a wide open bottom is because i cant stand bringing home a ton of sand from the beach! i also recommended a washable yarn for this reason!

oh and you will notice that with items in your "beach sack" the strap will start to stretch, thats fine! i designed this to do exactly that! over time it may get so stretched out that you can carry it across your body and if it becomes too stretched for you to handle...you can simply redo that step of the sack or choose to add a different kind of carrying method!

i hope you all enjoyed this CAL and i do look forward to running another one for everyone once the baby comes and i am settled once again. please enjoy this sack, i feel its the perfect thing for a last min hey lets go to the beach!

i cant wait to see everyones finished project!

Clues can be found:

Clue #1-Post 28

Clue #2-Post 120

Clue #3-Post 169

Photo Progress Clues 1&2 - Post 215

Clue #4-Post 252

Clue #5-Post 293

I just finished mine. What a funny looking hat, although the chin strap is quite handy *winks*

Thank you for this CAL. I had a great time and am loving my final "mystery" item :) I can't wait to use it!

I finished mine that night and have been using it for the past two days already. :D My mil and sil loved it too. I'll get some pictures up soon, been a busy weekend. :manyheart

Archived