My First FBB!!!

jillkap

I've been wanting to make a fat bottom bag ever since I saw the pattern (like a year ago!!) and I finally got around to making one!! It's my first purse EVER and I'm very pleased with how it turned out :cheer I even did lining and everything!! So proud of myself :clap Thanks for looking!!

post-43909-135897653028_thumb.jpg

post-43909-13589765303_thumb.jpg

post-43909-135897653031_thumb.jpg

post-43909-135897653033_thumb.jpg

Wow -- this is one of the prettiest FBB's I have seen. I love the handles you chose and the teal is really set off with your light colored flower. Even the lining is pretty as can be! You did a wonderful job and are inspiring me to get that Happy Hooker book back out and give it a try myself. :)

that is just absolutely stunning! I love it....!

<sigh> I have one on hold because I cannot figure out how to do the lining so I cannot add the handles ....but yours is truly insprirational thanks for sharing

I just folded the piece of fabric over about 1/2 inch and pinned pinned it straight to the long sides and pinched it to pin to the short sides (leave about 1/4 inch of crochet between edge of lining and edge of purse) Then I detatched the pins from the crochet part and replaced the pins in the fabric, sewed it on the machine, then repinned it to the purse and sewed it by hand!!

I know, sounds like a lot, but it worked!! Just make sure when you're pinning the lining to fit, you have the right side facing you (the side you're going to see inside the bag) And if you're going to put a flower or anything on the outside of the purse, attach that BEFORE you hand-sew in the lining :)

That's lovely! I adore that flower! What kind of stitch is that? It kind of looks like the interlocking "friendship" square only with more loops... very interesting! :) Great job!!

That's lovely! I adore that flower! What kind of stitch is that? It kind of looks like the interlocking "friendship" square only with more loops... very interesting! :) Great job!!

Its called a herringbone half-double crochet (hhdc). This pattern is great because its actually the same stitch throughout the entire thing!! (except for inc and dec) Definitely going to be one of my "go to" patterns from now on :)

Archived