Another doily parade...***better pictures added****

Krakovianka

post-13065-135897647866_thumb.jpg

post-13065-135897647879_thumb.jpg

post-13065-135897647883_thumb.jpgI spent the first 3 months of the year either sick or working on an afghan. Having finished the afghan, I leaped joyfully back into working with thread, and I can hardly crochet fast enough to keep up with the things I want to try. I'm playing around with color variations/transitions.

The first doily is made with size 10 white thread and 3 colors of sewing thread. It's supposed to shade from light to dark, but I think colors number 2 and 3 are so close together, you can't really see a difference.

The second doily is made with size 20 ecru thread held together with a green-and-purple variegated sewing thread, along with some solid green trim. It's a lot prettier in real life.

The third doily is spring green, size 10, and made just because I felt like doing something square.

I have both an oval doily and a painted doily nearly completed. I am completed besotted by thread and doily patterns...and I don't need ANY of these.

All the patterns are from Polish crochet magazines, of which I have many (and no intentions either of counting them, or ceasing to purchase them).

post-13065-135897648595_thumb.jpg

post-13065-135897648598_thumb.jpg

post-13065-135897648601_thumb.jpg

Oh wow:eek they are just beautiful. I love the designs and so glad you are back to your doilies.

Geeze are we suppose to count our patterns or stop buying them?:think

NAH:devil

All three are beautiful! :D

I often make crochet items just because I can not because I need them. You are definitely not alone. If you enjoy than that's what matters. Keep on keeping on!

wow those are beatiful, I love the Polish patterns, very easy to use/read. I forget about adding thread for color, now I am going to go see what thread I have to go with some beige DMC size 20 I am going to make a doily out of....might go with the green colors like you did, thanks so much for the idea....Love your doilies, keep buying patterns and keep crocheting, it keeps us young!!!

Karen I love all your doilies, yes your right the colors are hard to see, but I blew them up to see better. My favorite tho is the 2 greens the very last one. Karen you gotta keep up with your magazines, and the doilies to... Love them all. I love seeing your work!

I have done several Doilys along with sewing threads 2 -3 years ago. My hubby loved the orange one I did. it wasn't overpowering.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived