Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Thanks Cindy, I got the reverse. When I open up and watch the stitching mechanism. It appears the the inside is not grasping the thread to wrap around the bobbin thread every time the needle goes down :think I've tried each tension setting with no luck :(

I cleaned it up, but dust bunnies do keep falling out. I keep going on a practice piece of fabric hoping it's just out of practice and will start to grab :xfin:lol

But now I'm hungry and haven't gotten anything done today :( So going to go put on some clothes and head out for a bit :yes

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back from Michael's and got a container that was originally $20.00 for 7.74 plus tax!! Of course a few more skeins of Vanna's baby made it into my cart (who can resist when it came to 1.88/skein?:hook) While I was there looking at yarn, there was a Mom with her daughter (around 16-17 I'd guess) who has just learned to crochet and had the pattern for the 9-patch baby ghan.

Naturally I had to chime in and told them I had just made that afghan. She asked if it was easy and some other questions. It felt good to actually be someone who could answer some crochet questions instead of asking them!

Another woman started talking to me and asked me if I was a NJ Devils fan (my first thought was why else would I be wearing a Devils shirt???) So we started talking hockey and then she was asking me crochet questions- she was going to make a blanket for her dog. She also recently started crocheting. It was a fun outing to Michaels, I must say.

Marisa- Good luck figuring out the sewing machine.

Cindy- what's on your plate today?

Mary 2- Have fun with the doilyghan. I was going to start one today, but DD is coming over in a little while when SIL goes to work and when I do something that is new I need quiet so I can concentrate. So today will not be the day- I'll stick to something mindless.

Here is Jaden with his team & one with his trophy when we were waiting for Grandpa to come pick us up. :manyheart

What a grin! That looks like one very happy kid.

Pic of the babyghan

Beautiful babyghan, Joanne.

Another overcast day! I want sunshine! The daffodils across the street are now up about 3 inches or so. YAY!!!! Slept late again this morning, but stayed up reading until late, so at least today I have a good excuse for it.

Sounds like everyone is having a good weekend so far. Hope that continues. I'll catch you all later. :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Julie, Are trailer is a pull behind. We will be leaving it here. My son was into wrestling when he was Cam's age to. He had all the wrestler guys and a ring so he could have his own matches.

Cindy, Were all settled in, just have to pick up a few things for it.

Wrennie, The penny social sounds like fun.

Joanne, The play sounds like a fun time. I always went to the ones the kids were in at school. When my son was in 5th grade they made an album. Glad your fender bender wasn't very serious and no one was hurt. The babyghan is adorable. I like the squares bordered. I'm guessing a boy. Bacon is rare here to.

MaryII, Ariana and Wyatt are adorable! My GD Maya age 4 loves to play in puddles to. My DD is a single Mom and we have watched Maya full time except when we come to Texas. It is a lot of fun and we love it!

LeAnna, I'm a taurus to and every bit of it. My DD and Maya's Dad is to and Maya acts like a taurus sometimes. It's in her genes.

Shannon, Sorry work wasn't any busier. I was a waitres to and my boss wouldn't of let me crochet either. Rule was if there was time to lean there is time to clean.

Marisa, $30 is a big savings and worth the wait.

Tab, Glad to see you coming back in. Congrats to Jaeden getting a trophy. A cute pic of him to. My son played basketball and loved it. He wanted to grow up and be a professional player. He was very emotional one game. It was right down to the very last seconds and he had a free throw and if he made it his team one and if not they lost. He made it and he cried happy tears. Unfortuantely for him he didn't have the height to go and play on in high school and he was crushed. But he picked up soccer to be his second love and he now refs all levels of soccer.

Toni, Thanks for sharing about your WM. I love your attitude about it. Hope you get your immune system back up so you can have the surgery and get your eye sight back.

Mary, This weather has been wonderful! Enjoy your day with Luke!

I sat outside yesterday afternoon for awhile and soaked up some sun. Last night at crafts I taught a lady the dc and how to make a scrubby. She wanted to know how to make one and only knows how to ch. She leaves the first to go back home so I hope I can show her the sc and hdc to. She isn't sure they will be back next year or not and can only go for a month. Another friend and I were thinking she would be a good craft teacher as she has lots of interest in crafts to. When we told her she said if they came back they could only come for a month. I said then we will have craft lessons for 30 days straight. Everyone laughed! Glad here not back home as they are getting a snow storm today/tomorrow. Not sure what or anything I will do today. Just nice to have a day that I don't have to do anything if I don't want to. Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi Mary

It's a little unusual here in the house ,but I'd say we have 2 main age groups as a general rule :

a big chunk of the group is in their 50-60's ...........

the other chunk is right aroung the 30's..............

well being grandma :cheer I am definitely in the first age group!

had a great day at church, wonderful lunch with friends. Now I have to get motivated to go clean bunny pans (under the cages).

Marlene-It does sound like you are getting all settled into the new trailer. What did you do with the other one (If I'm being too nosy- you don't have to answer). Thanks for the comments on the babyghan. I've started another one today! My DD is coming over in a few minutes- SIL is at work so she will be having dinner here. I will be giving her a few books I picked up at our library- (they always have books for sale)- it's one of the What to Expect books- and it's about the first year. Usually costs 16.00 and picked it up for a dollar!

Glad to hear that you had a nice lunch with friends Mary 2- not so nice that you have to clean rabbit cages- that was always my brothers's job!!!! LOL

Peachy- What afghan are you working on?

It's a nice sunny day here today- but cold. I love having the sun streaming through the windows- somehow, if you are inside and the sun is shining, winter isn't so bad!

BBL

Joanne, love the baby ghan. I'm guessing a boy.

Marisa, the furples are three young dogs. One is 4, one 3 and one just turned two and they do NOT like to have people running along THEIR fence :lol The one just thought the horses were to big and stood on the deck and barked at them.

Advise my sister gave me "pull up your big girl panties and deal" :rofl

I didn't get back when I thought I would. NASCAR came on earlier than I expected, a friend asked me to make some tapesters for her, so got busy on those, another friend from Snohomish called and my grandson called. All in all a good day.

What color are bunny's nails? If they are white you can easily see the quick and cut up to it. How big is Mary Jane? You can safely cut down to 1/4 to 1/2 inch of her toe if they are really long and probably closer to 1/4 inch. To do it turn her over and have someone hold her and you can use a kitty or people toenail cutter to clip them. A good cat/small dog toenail cutter is of great value in trimming.

Her nails are white.....she is a almost 2 years old.....she doesn't fit in the palm of my hand anymore, but she isn't huge either. I think rolling her would work.....thank you!! :hug

Morning all

Nothing much at all to report here ,so I will just reach in and pull out my question of the day :

What is the best piece of advice you have ever received in your life ?:think

I'm still waiting on it! :lol

Pic of the babyghan

Beautiful!! :cheer:clap:cheer

And thank you all for the compliments on Jaden's pic. :manyheart

Hi, peeps.

Looks like many of you had a good day today...:)

doilyghan!!

That's awesome!:clap

Off I go for the night. CU all tomorrow.:hug:manyheart

It's been snowing hard here since about noon, and we've gotten about 8 inches already. Snow is still coming down hard. We were just plowed out, but I think he'll be back in the morning. I have to work tomorrow, but I drive a 4 wheel drive SUV, so I doubt I will have problems unless we get a lot of ice on top of this. Ice is a possibility according to the news.

I have spent the afternoon napping and reading. I hurt my right shoulder yesterday and I want to give it a rest, so I decided not to do any crocheting.

Where is Joanne to give us the scoop on the new grandchild???

doilyghan!!

Beautiful doilyghan! How big did it turn out to be?

I finally made it to the library sale today. It was pretty picked over since this was the third day, but on the other hand my money went farther. When I got there it was "fill a box and be able to close it - all for $10" and by the time I left it was "fill a box and be able to close it - all for $10 and another one just like it for free." So, I came home with two boxes full of books. Half a dozen classics in one of them and a bunch of books for my grandson in the other one among other things. :lol :lol :lol

Then when I got home, Rosie snagged me and we got caught up on what's been going on for the last few days. She's just finished a Captain America costume for her grandson which is adorable. Just has the shield yet to do. And I showed her how far I've gotten with the quilt. Her John got a box of books yesterday at the library sale, too.

Joanne ~ I'm so glad that the fender bender wasn't too big a deal and that no one got hurt.

I'm heading downstairs. See you all tomorrow. :hug

I'm here Cindy!!!

DD came over for dinner and then she wanted to go to Target to get some more maternity clothes with a gift card she had and then look at some baby things.

I'm very excited that I will be having a grandson....as the mom of three girls this is going to be FUN!!!!!

Mary 2- The doilyghan is beautiful!!!!

Toni- It sounds like you did have a good day!!! I'm not a Nascar fan, but it was Hockey Day in America so I had the hockey games on today.

Linda-Oh my- 2 boxes of books!!!! You'll have reading material for maybe 2 weeks!:lol:lol:lol Just kidding- but you are a fast reader!!!

Cindy- I hope I don't see any more snow this winter- be safe- and if there is ice- be very very careful--or maybe stay home! I so wish it was a holiday for me tomorrow- DH is off, but I'm not- I probably should have thought ahead and taken a vacation day- but too late now!

Hope you all have a good rest of the evening and I'll see you in the AM!!!

Congratulations, Joanne!!

Thanks Cindy- I'm sure I can get lots of advice on grandsons since so many of the Grandmas in the house have them as well as Tab with her own boys!!!

As a sports fan, I've already decided he is getting a bib for every team I root for- The Yankees, The Giants and The Devils. (And since DD and I went to Rutgers, of course a Rutgers bib too) Oh, I can't wait to start shopping! And crocheting. Somehow it's way more real when you know what the baby is!! And I must say while DD was trying on clothes, her belly has popped and it is amazing to see your baby carrying a baby! Amazing!

Night all

Cindy - Be careful getting to work in the morning.

Joanne - :yay:cheer:clap I'm sooooooo excited for you. You're gonna love it grandma......are you going to be grandma? And let me just tell you that there ARE alot of cute things for boys too :yes

Going to watch some tv then head upstairs....I didn't do any crafting today :eek (aside from playing with the sewing machine)

Joanne, I can't stay home unless i am sick. I work in an intensive care unit. They'll send someone to come and get me if I can't get there! They have lots of people who volunteer to do that.

My vehicle will get through a large amount of snow. This area usually gets a lot of snow, and in 30 years I've only missed work because of weather once. That was in an ice storm. I ended up in the ditch, and by the time I got towed out, they told me not to come in, since things were fine without me.

Good night everyone.

Joanne, I can't stay home unless i am sick. I work in an intensive care unit. They'll send someone to come and get me if I can't get there! They have lots of people who volunteer to do that.

My vehicle will get through a large amount of snow. This area usually gets a lot of snow, and in 30 years I've only missed work because of weather once. That was in an ice storm. I ended up in the ditch, and by the time I got towed out, they told me not to come in, since things were fine without me.

That's good that they have someone that can come get you. Snow is one thing- Ice quite another-as I guess you found out when you ended in a ditch :eek(and hopefully were not hurt)

I guess for us- we don't get the snow like you do- and also I don't have a 4wheel drive vehicle- you can bet after this winter we had, my next vehicle will be!!! Safe travels in the morning!

Archived