Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Have a good night, peeps! Off to play with my hook for a bit. Too tired to read...I was so wound up after book club last night it took hours for me to get to sleep...

CU in the AM....:hug:manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well hunnies.......I'm off for the weekend......I get to take a 650 mile produce run----I leave tonight at 1000 and have to deliver my 1st drop tomorrow morning at 0500 and then 4 more after that......then....the long trek back home!!! Hope you all have a good weekend!

Safe travels!:hug

Gooooooood evening ladies :hi

It sure has been busy and nice to 'see' some new 'faces' :clap Work felt a little long today :( But now it's the weekend :yay I forgot that I have an appt tomorrow morning so no sleeping in :no After my appt, I'll stop at Michael's over there to check out the charisma yarn situation :think If they have what I like it may be worth my while to drive back up there sunday since Linda gave me the tip they're sale is sun/mon (thanks :hug) Found out that I can't order it online so if I can't find one I like AND with enough that I need, I'll have to pick a different yarn :shrug

:welcome to Mary and Dobermama :hug I am Marisa and these ladies are right, I have 2 turtles. No pond though, wish I could but they'd be in blocks of ice from fall to spring :eek So in the aquarium they stay and they are aquatic turtles. I'm actually getting ready to clean them tonight when I'm done here. I was going to do it tomorrow but now that I remember my appt, would rather get it done tonight :yes Anyhoo.....I'm 32, single and am about to move from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh later this year, which is where my sister lives. I am planning to open my own chiropractic office :yay I grew up in the Poconos where my parents still live, but they will also come to Pitt after my dad retires :yes My bro and SIL live in Phoenix with my 3 nephews and 1 new niece :manyheart Don't get to see them much, but get lots of pics, phone calls, and games on the wii :lol What else about me?????? :think I have season tickets to the Sixers games so talk about that pretty often and love most sports, as do several of us here and get a little friendly rivalry going on :devil As Julie said, just jump in and hang on. Just so you know, you're not required to do individual posts to everyone, so don't feel overwhelmed by all of us :hug Also, Friday's are photo friday, but we all pretty much just post our pics as we do our projects regardless of the day of week.....I just like to say 'photo friday' :lol

Wrennie - Hope all is well, what have you been up to?

Julie - I don't think I'd classify 40's as antique :think So if that's your definition, sure :lol But not too far beyond that, after all....I'm only 32 so need someone that can keep up :wink:rofl I love your merry go round analogy :yes What did you decide for dinner with Cam?

Tam - Nice you see ya chickadee ;) Hope all is well :hug

Judy - Glad you're feeling good today, that treatment was just what the doctor ordered! :lol

Linda - I don't remember if you said the book sale was today or tomorrow :think So if it was today, what did you find? OR if it's tomorrow, good luck with your search :xfin

Kiyo - Wow, your new phone's been through the ringer and back again :eek Cute pics and I know you won't see this until after the weekend so I hope your produce delivery was uneventful :yes I can't wait to hear how the 'unveiling' of your doily goes :devil

Shannon - Glad you got an answer on where the rash came from :yes and :yay on the 9 blocks

Cindy - Glad you had a good day and subs sound wonderful :yes I'm having leftover soup from the other day that my mom brought down

OK, 2 more threads and then the turtles await :D

Thank you all for the welcome.

Kiyo have a safe trip.

Truck racing getting ready to start, so am logging off and going to watch the races and work on a flannelghan I'm doing in lime and navy.

Grandson, who is going to be a daddy in August, called to remind me the races are on. I've been watching racing since I was 16, don't think I need reminder, but love him to death for thinking about me.

See, I do have other family than my furples :lol I have two grown daughters and one grandson that is trying his best to make me a great grandma at 65. :lol

Hey Linda---my Grandparents live in Newnan---do you know where that is? Not too far from Atlanta---I could meet you when I get back there to visit them!

That would be great, Kiyo.

Well hunnies.......I'm off for the weekend......I get to take a 650 mile produce run----I leave tonight at 1000 and have to deliver my 1st drop tomorrow morning at 0500 and then 4 more after that......then....the long trek back home!!! Hope you all have a good weekend!

Good luck on the delivery. Stay nice and safe. :hug :hug :hug

The Library book sale is Saturday and Sunday afternoons. I'll see if i can find some neat stuff. They got lots of donations so it should be fun.

Just jump in, Mary, we'd love to hear more from you. I don't have any ponds, goldfish, rabbits, etc, but I''ll talk grandkids any day! I have four of them. MY dh has been saying he's going to put in a small pond for years, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Marisa has some turtles, (or at least I think she does....)

What kind of business do you have with the rabbits? My nephew raises them for meat, and I've heard of people raising them for yarn.

The pond is 13,000+ gallons..small swimming pool :D I attached a pic of some of the fish..not the best picture and early spring when the water wasn't clear yet.

Pic of grand kids :cheer Ariana is 5 and Wyatt is 3.

Rabbits...I show rabbits as well as use them for meat. I sell ground meat as raw food for cats and dogs.

Angora rabbits is where angora wool comes from :yes

yeah I have a turtle too a RES and his name is Tommy. 2 spoiled rotten cats Stash and Felix. 2 dogs Amos and Moose...uh..Moose is a Toy Fox Terrier and weighs about 5lbs :lol

post-35596-135897629422_thumb.jpg

post-35596-13589762943_thumb.jpg

Mary - Ariana and Wyatt are just absolutely adorable :manyheart That is surely a precioius pic and the fish look like they're quite vibrant :D

Well ladies, my turtles are now cleaned. It wasn't long ago a cleaned them, just a couple weeks :think But they're shedding right now so hopefully they're done so I won't have to clean them for another 5-6 weeks :xfin:lol

Have a snack size bowl of soup to get my stomach to stop growling at me, guess I should've done that before the cleaning :think But I was ready to move on it and didn't want to miss the window of opportunity :lol

I think I'll take my shower tonight since it's an early morning for me so I won't have to rush after repeatedly hitting the snooze :eek Then I'll sit and crochet a bit and watch something off the dvr and off to slumberland early since I'm tired already.

Linda - Thanks for the tip on Michael's, I looked up the weekly flyer for next week and the charisma is on sale 2/$5 and on monday there's a 25% off coupon including sale items. So I guess I'll be going on monday after work, yep, I have to work. Now I just need to figure out which store will have what I want and enough of it :think Thanks again.

Hi there, HOUSE Family :cheer I see today was, move over day for the posts. I was a little confuse at first when I seen Our House Part Two, I like the idea that now our house has added on a new addition to it so that it is multi-level. :lol:lol I had a nice day today since I was able to sit outside with the lil darlings and crochet for a few moments. It was a real nice warm day and I love it.

Joanne - your right the weather is teasing us.

Tabitha - my mom loves Hawaii also, she went there twice. My degree is in nutrition and I love taking nutriton courses.

Shannon - the home of your dreams sounds so nice

Toni - WELCOME :clap

Julie - I took a cruise to Bermuda 2 years ago and I will never forget the awe I felt when I seen the aqua color ocean and the pink sandy beaches and yes I even brought a little of that pink sand home. LOL :lol

Linda - Oh you look so happy with your fur baby Princess. Glad to hear Kim is doing ok

To the rest of the House Hiya. Well got to go now and do Friday night clean the house chores so I can roam the malls tomorrow, after I do the laundry. Nite everyone. :hug:hug:hug

Mary, those fish are pretty. but those grandchildren eclipse them all the way. That is such a great picture of the two of them.

I don't think we'll ever see my four grandsons looking so sweet!

ah! but what you don't know is Wyatt was there in the picture under duress. He really didn't want anything to do with having his picture taken, but big sister grabbed him and I snapped fast :lol

Maybe the pics below might be more familiar? :lol He was having a blast in that puddle..until his pants started to fall down :rofl

post-35596-135897629485_thumb.jpg

post-35596-135897629488_thumb.jpg

Woo hoo ! this place was hopping last niight ! Wow, i'm gonna have to keep on my toes now so I dont fall behind .

It's real nice to see so many new people .

To all the older members-- who was just asking last week if we had any care-race fans in here ? Sounds like Toni may slide into that category if she likes truck races . I can't remember who it was asking ?

Mary-

Wow, you really DO have a fish pond ! I was thinking the smaller little fish. Those are really pretty,and your grandkids are little sweethearts .Arent they fun ? Love the picture of the little boy in the mudhole. Our one grandson used to love splashing in mudholes too ,but that was when he was littler.He will soon be 9 !! I sure miss his baby and toddler years, but each age brings different fun .I enjoy him no matter what age he is.

I think our new ladies will fit in here well, with their pets and grandkids. Those 2 categories usually go well since lots of us have one or the other or both .

Well, ladies, I hate to say it ,but I got beat out by the Undertaker . Cam came last night and stayed for a few hours, but then asked if he could go home instead of spending the night ? Well, I said he could,if he didnt WANT to stay ,we won't make him . I asked why he wanted to leave early and he said he wanted to watch the Undertaker on a wrestling show last night,and we don't get cable here .

SO ... I got beat out by The Undertaker . Not sure that is something to be HAPPY about,but it's ok. He is growing up and is sometimes harder to keep entertained than when he was small . I knew it was happening,a little at a time. Small kids are so easy to entertain,but when they get older, it gets harder to keep them occupied at an old lady's house with no wrestling channel .

I didnt think he was feeling well when he got here either . He kept saying he was ok, but he seemed to be a little green around the gills/ Sure hope he isnt getting the crappy flu I have had. That stuff is hard to get rid of . I am almost over it,but Sam is still hacking quite a bit .

Will post today's question in next post .... Great to have a huge busy board,and to have new people to jump in with all us oldies .

Forgot to say CHEERIA--howw lucky is that to go to Bermuda ? Wow, I bet it was beautiful .

If you had to describe your personality in terms of a farm animal,which one would you choose ?

This one was REALLY easy for me . A Donkey .

I am not the prettiest animal in the barnyard .

When I make a noise,everyone usually hears me,whether they want to or not .

I am stubborn and bullheaded .

And I often make an *** out of myself.

Good morning housemates :coffee

Well, I'm up and at 'em! :D Just had my bfast sandwich and now enjoying my :coffee with you. I slept great last night and feel like a million bucks :clap Well :think not having to work today may have something to do with it :lol I ended up not crocheting or reading last night. Just layed in bed and watched a couple 1/2 hour shows and was out in no time.

Julie - I :think it was Lorraine that asked about nascar. We haven't seen her since last week so I hope she'll be back and all is well. I like you question this morning and I have to think on it a bit :think But I surely love your answer :rofl

Hi there Marisa

Thanks for stopping in to have coffee with me today. I'm drinking a Coke, so we are both getting our caffeine from different places,but its all the same I guess .

Hope you have a successful yarn adventure today and find exactly what you are searching for !

Well Julie, if Michael's has what I want, I'll go back on monday since it will be on sale and plus a coupon including sale items :idea

After thinking about the farm animal question.....I'm going to say a duck because I love the water and eating fish :lol I've thought on some other animals because I 'like' some traits, but that doesn't mean they help to define me :no

Wrennie - Hope all is well, what have you been up to?

Work, work, and work!

I'm currently working on 2 charity afghans. They were both going to go to my co-workers penny social in the fall. Now that someone mentioned a Library fair I'm thinking I want to make one for our Library fair too. Thats in June so I'd have to work on that before the 2 for September.

Just got a new-to-me sewing machine. Mine are broken and I don't have the $$money to fix them right now. My manager/friend gave me hers thats been sitting for years and she feels she'll never use. I have to dig through my fabric bins and see what I feel like making.

Everyones Furbabies are beautiful!

Be safe on the roads if you're driving. It was 60*ish here yesterday, and now its snowing and blowing. :sigh Can't wait for spring and garden time.

Good morning house mates!!!! I was gone for an evening (didn't get home last night till almost midnight) and there was lots of conversation yesterday!!!

I see we have some new housemates which is awesome!!! We are all new to the House at one point so :welcomeWELCOME MARY and TONI!!!!! And like some have already said- you kind of just jump right in---and then hang on and have some fun!!!!

I didn't know if I could keep up when I joined since I routinely work more than 40 hrs/week and can't access the Ville at work- but I can't imagine NOT being here!!! Everyone here is so nice, kind, helpful, thoughtful, and FUN!:ghug

It's often been suggested to take notes- but honestly, when I turn on the laptop and put my feet up - I often don't have paper/pen handy and try to trust my memory (doesn't always work). :think

I am a nurse (hence my screen name- I know you would never guess that in a million years-:lol) I work as a case manager (although have been assigned to a special project for the last year and 1/2- which is sadly coming to an end at the end of March. I've enjoyed being part of the team despite the sometimes long hours and weekends of work! I have 3 adult daughters- my oldest is 31, single, lives in Boston and it is my favorite place to go and visit- and try to get up there at least 4X/year. My middle DD will be 29 in a few weeks, she is an artist, lives with her artist BF and is back in school for her Masters in Art Education. My youngest DD is married to my fantastic son-in-law, and they are expecting their first baby in August- so I'm going to be a grandma!!!:manyheart. I've been married to my 2nd DH for almost 10 years and he has 3 adult DD's, and 2 GS and a GD with another GS due in July (his youngest is also having her first)

I am a huge sports fan- NY Yankees, NY Giants, NJ Devils and I do like basketball although the NJ team just doesn't excite me. I love March Madness!! We do have some friendly rivalries on here when it comes to sports.

We had a great time last night- the play was unfortunately not Les Mis Julie, it was called Curtains- it was a musical who-done-it and was actually quite good! I really need to remember to go to community theatre more often- much more inexpensive than Broadway- and there are some fine actors and actresses out there doing what they love to do!

I've blabbered on enough- and really need to get another cup of coffee and start this day.

BBL

Hi Wrennie

There are a couple ladies on here who do sewing. Linda is the one who probably sews the most ,and just started a new quilt this past week . I think Cindy also sews. not sure who else offhand. That is something I've never had much success with .It requires more patience than I have .

How do Penny socials work ? And what pattern and color of afghans are you making ?

I made a red white and blue afghan a few years ago for our library to sell tickets on to raise money. I never asked how much they made or what they used the money for . They raffled it at our town's festival we have each July .

That's a nice charity to donate for ,since they offer free books to anyone and I have used their services for many years ,so felt it wouldnt hurt to pay them back in some small way .

Wrennie- That's great about the sewing machine!! Have fun with it!!!

Thanks for the mention about the Michael's coupon Linda- and then Marisa for again mentioning it- I just printed it out- NOT that I need anymore yarn or anything--

Marisa- I also have to work on Monday- for some reason my company doesn't consider President's Day a Holiday!

FARM ANIMAL QUESTION: I guess I would be a sheep so I could share some of my wool with all the crafters and fiber artists.

Hi Joanne

Yep,this place has been hopping lately ! It has really picked up business in the past few months or so,which is good .

I'm glad you liked the play. We dont have things like that around here. We did go to one of the high school plays maybe 10 years back.Can't even remember who was in it that we went to see. Not our kids--they arent the outgoing type like I am that would draw attention to themselves.They are probably much more like their dad,who is content to stay in the background ,observing life from afar .

They didnt have drama club when I was in school,but not sure I would have taken part in it anyhow. I usually took on so many classes,I kept busy with schoolwork more than the extracurricular activities. I liked going to football and basketball games, but spent my schooltime in class or doing homework . The last 2 years I spent at the vocational,taking nursing,and that school was geared towards a career more than a social type scenario ,so not many club type events there to get involved in .I wouldnt have had the time down there either ,with schoolwork taking up most of my spare time .

Hi Ladies!

I've been missing this week as hubby had 30 minutes to get the rv ready to move to another lot. That was on Valentine's Day and I was working in the kitchen and couldn't leave. So I didn't have internet until thursday night. We picked up are new trailer on wednesday. Thursday and friday were moving days and laundry. Iam off soon to shower and to the kitchen. Todays meal is salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and some kind veggie and dessert.

Just scanning a few pages and I see we have some new people. :welcome

It may take me a few days but I'll try and catch up. Are weather has been perfect but I heard the 40's are coming back. I hope there wrong.

Have a good day everyone!

ah! but what you don't know is Wyatt was there in the picture under duress. He really didn't want anything to do with having his picture taken, but big sister grabbed him and I snapped fast :lol

Maybe the pics below might be more familiar? :lol He was having a blast in that puddle..until his pants started to fall down :rofl

Yes, that's more like it!

Archived