Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Toni !:)

You picked a great time to join ,and believe me, you won't be a newbie for long ! we all get to know each other very quickly in here,and we all YAK all the time,so as long as you like to talk,you have come to the right place .

Some of our newest people are some of our most frequent posters, and we get some pretty long conversations going in here.

It's always fun to have new people in here,and anyone is welcome any old time !

It sounds like you picked the perfect place to be for your 24 hourss of silence !

Just start yakking about anything.Heck,we even talk about CROCHETING sometimes !:lol

As we were talking about beaches and water.......I'd never seen the ocean until 2 summers ago, went to family's in California----ummmm blue/turquoise/green? ummmmm NOT, brown! lol but it had sandy beach and beautiful sunset! Just a few pictures to share!

Ooooops-----and is that pic of Aree with that Araungatang not the best?!!!! That was at the San Diego zoo, same trip and I stole flowers out of my aunts flower beds for my hair! and someone shipped that lei (sp??) of REAL ORCHIDS to our cousin for graduation and he wasn't too interested so I wore it for him Kind of tropically isn't it? lol

post-35667-135897629158_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897629161_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897629165_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897629168_thumb.jpg

~~SHANNON~~~ where you be girlie???? Poof and she was gone----I wondered what happened with your rashy!

It's just about cleared up. Turns out it was a reaction to the chemical they use on the roads around here. I stepped into a snow drift on the side of the road and I know it was all over that stuff. It's been a week and two days since then and it's just about gone.

I've been here Kiyo just kind of quiet lately.

I actually won 14 dollars on scratcher tickets yesterday. That's not bad. Although winning the big powerball would be so much the better.

Great news on the afghan front. I've done 9 blocks so far this week. I'm hoping to keep this pace going for a while yet. I see so much progress that I think I can do it. I'm working the blocks without the accent color for the week and Sundays I'll spend just putting on the borders and putting the blocks together. Maybe I'll be able to show you guys a few pics soon with major progress.

Anyway, need to get ready to take bf to work. After that, need to see if DS is ready to come home. Then we have some running around to do. Here's to hoping everything works out okay.

Wow Kiyo

Very pretty pictures ! I've never been to that side of the country,so never seen their beaches. Are most of them bordered with rocks ? I know lots of pictures of them I have seen have rocks along the edges, but the ones I have been to (southeastern US are bordered with sand dunes .I think up north they have rocks( like Maine...some of the other ladies may have been in other states up that way .

Anyhow we have family out in California too.About 100 some family members,but only a few that I have met .

Your little girl is a cutie pie .

**Welcome Dobermama**- hence the name? you like Dobermans??? I crochet to release my stress. Love the ladies in here-----THANK YOU FOR JOINING!!

I was dobermama to 4 dobermans over 20+ years. Even had a vanity plate with that name on it. The last two of my dobergirls, Kia Rose and Ginger, went to the Bridge last year withing a few months of each other. But, I have used the name dobermama for online since the first baby one came in the house. That was Apollo and then a year later came Misty Bleu. They were great consolation through some challenging times in my life and I miss them.

That being said, when I moved here 4 years ago last November, I was greeted in February with the first of many drop-offs. She scratched and barked at the door on a very COLD winter night. Could not turn away those eyes :lol That's Lady Jane. Then in May that year, came home from town and was met by four little balls of fur. :eek NOOOOOOOO...you can't be here :rofl 3 went to the ASPCA and one stayed with me. His name is Rio (token maleand he has ice blue eyes, that's why he stayed. The old girls weren't very happy with this situation, but they finally accepted it.

My daughter came to live/visit/whatever, long story, after I had lost my Ginger last year. She brought with her a very energetic 12 month old pit bull named Shasta who looks like she's had a pen filled with ink splotched on her. She is a lovey girl, helped me get through losing Kia and sleeps with her head on my shoulder at night. Such a sweetheart and all of the one's here now are young, so they play and get along really well. Oh, and then there's my porch kitty, dropped off blind, Maya.

post-25113-135897629188_thumb.jpg Kia

post-25113-135897629196_thumb.jpg Rio

post-25113-1358976292_thumb.jpg Maya

post-25113-135897629172_thumb.jpg

post-25113-135897629192_thumb.jpg

post-25113-135897629199_thumb.jpg

I only posted a few times in the old thread. Hard to get into the conversation.

Does anyone else have ponds, koi, goldfish or rabbits? lol That is where my life away from crochet (and crochetville lol) centers for the most part. The rabbits are part of a business so that is good I guess then too.

but just ask me about my grandkids...

Just jump in, Mary, we'd love to hear more from you. I don't have any ponds, goldfish, rabbits, etc, but I''ll talk grandkids any day! I have four of them. MY dh has been saying he's going to put in a small pond for years, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Marisa has some turtles, (or at least I think she does....)

What kind of business do you have with the rabbits? My nephew raises them for meat, and I've heard of people raising them for yarn.

Okay, I've checked in on this thread quite a few times since I joined and wasn't sure about posting, since everyone knew everyone so well. But, I just saw a spot, jumped in and will hang on and see what happens :yes

Place I would love to be somewhere there are mountains with a waterfall and birds and the smell of flowers in the spring with hook and yarn.

Families and Marriage, won't even go there :rofl

Welcome!!!

Hello everyone. I had a great day at work today. I'm glad to be home though.

Dh just went out to get subs for dinner. We were going to go out, but we'd both rather relax at home tonight.

Linda, sounds like you are really moving long with that quilt. Yay for the weekend off! And I love library book sales! I'm also working on doilyghn. I amde a preemie sized one few weeks ago, and I'm attempting to make regular baby size one now, designing as I go.

Judy, glad you are feeling better today. Its too early to put out a birdbath here I think even though we've had springlike weather this week.

Julie, have fun with Cam this evening.

Kiyo...we don't really think you're orn'ry, jsut a little "mouthy" maybe....:D You're lots of fun, for sure!!

Okay, I've checked in on this thread quite a few times since I joined and wasn't sure about posting, since everyone knew everyone so well. But, I just saw a spot, jumped in and will hang on and see what happens :yes

Place I would love to be somewhere there are mountains with a waterfall and birds and the smell of flowers in the spring with hook and yarn.

Families and Marriage, won't even go there :rofl

Welcome! And Kiyo described the perfect way to keep track if you want to...or just do it by the seat of your pants, as I did when I met Julie and others here. You'll get used to us!:lol

As we were talking about beaches and water.......I'd never seen the ocean until 2 summers ago, went to family's in California----ummmm blue/turquoise/green? ummmmm NOT, brown! lol but it had sandy beach and beautiful sunset! Just a few pictures to share!

Ooooops-----and is that pic of Aree with that Araungatang not the best?!!!! That was at the San Diego zoo, same trip and I stole flowers out of my aunts flower beds for my hair! and someone shipped that lei (sp??) of REAL ORCHIDS to our cousin for graduation and he wasn't too interested so I wore it for him Kind of tropically isn't it? lol

Wonderful pictures!!!!:clap

we went to visit DS when he was in chiro school - just south of SF...and the beaches are to die for! They re rocky in places. We visited Carmel...and oh, my....:c9

It's just about cleared up. Turns out it was a reaction to the chemical they use on the roads around here. I stepped into a snow drift on the side of the road and I know it was all over that stuff. It's been a week and two days since then and it's just about gone.

I've been here Kiyo just kind of quiet lately.

I actually won 14 dollars on scratcher tickets yesterday. That's not bad. Although winning the big powerball would be so much the better.

Great news on the afghan front. I've done 9 blocks so far this week. I'm hoping to keep this pace going for a while yet. I see so much progress that I think I can do it. I'm working the blocks without the accent color for the week and Sundays I'll spend just putting on the borders and putting the blocks together. Maybe I'll be able to show you guys a few pics soon with major progress.

Anyway, need to get ready to take bf to work. After that, need to see if DS is ready to come home. Then we have some running around to do. Here's to hoping everything works out okay.

Ick! At least you know what it was that made you feel so awful!:hug

Looking forward to seeing your finished project. :clap

I was dobermama to 4 dobermans over 20+ years. Even had a vanity plate with that name on it. The last two of my dobergirls, Kia Rose and Ginger, went to the Bridge last year withing a few months of each other. But, I have used the name dobermama for online since the first baby one came in the house. That was Apollo and then a year later came Misty Bleu. They were great consolation through some challenging times in my life and I miss them.

That being said, when I moved here 4 years ago last November, I was greeted in February with the first of many drop-offs. She scratched and barked at the door on a very COLD winter night. Could not turn away those eyes :lol That's Lady Jane. Then in May that year, came home from town and was met by four little balls of fur. :eek NOOOOOOOO...you can't be here :rofl 3 went to the ASPCA and one stayed with me. His name is Rio (token maleand he has ice blue eyes, that's why he stayed. The old girls weren't very happy with this situation, but they finally accepted it.

My daughter came to live/visit/whatever, long story, after I had lost my Ginger last year. She brought with her a very energetic 12 month old pit bull named Shasta who looks like she's had a pen filled with ink splotched on her. She is a lovey girl, helped me get through losing Kia and sleeps with her head on my shoulder at night. Such a sweetheart and all of the one's here now are young, so they play and get along really well. Oh, and then there's my porch kitty, dropped off blind, Maya.

[ATTACH]35128[/ATTACH] Ginger [ATTACH]35129[/ATTACH] Kia

[ATTACH]35130[/ATTACH] Lady [ATTACH]35131[/ATTACH] Rio

[ATTACH]35132[/ATTACH] Shasta [ATTACH]35133[/ATTACH] Maya

Oh, what beautiful furbabies....We've had GSDs for 35 years...our next to last girl, Susie, went to the Bridge last March 22...I truly know how much you miss your babies. Our Sparkie is a 5 yo GSD...and 110 pounds. He's also a mush:lol

...and Marisa does have a pair of big turtles...:D

Hi, Cindy - glad to see you got home at a reasonable time for you! And whatever we eat out is always fine with me...just so I can be lazy for a day;)

BBL!

Gorgeous pictures, Kiyo!

What beautiful furbabies!

I'm Linda and have two grown children and one 7 year old grandson. Unfortunately my daughter and grandson live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and I live in Cumming, Georgia (27 miles north of Atlanta) so I don't see them very often. I am the caregiver for a lady who has had 3 major strokes, Kim, and live with her and her husband, John. You will hear me talk of them often. My best friend and quilt mentor is Rosie and you'll also hear me talk about her and her husband as we hang out together and do things together a lot. My kitty, Sarge, went to the Rainbow Bridge last year and I now have a miniature poodle named Princess. John and Kim have a miniature schnauzer named Trouble.

post-9295-135897629203_thumb.jpg Princess

post-9295-135897629215_thumb.jpg

Beautiful fur babies.

I'm Cindy, I'm married, have three grown children and four grandsons. I'm a critical care nurse, and work part time. We have crazy Brittany nmed Sophie. No-one ever told Sophie that she was a dog, and so she behaves a little oddly at times. She really does climb trees. (well how else is she supposed to have a chance at those pesky squirrels?) and she also enjoys floating around our pool on an inner tube.

post-6189-135897629232_thumb.jpg

post-6189-13589762926_thumb.jpg

Toni

Your pups are all so pretty ! The first one with the shiny brown fur is beautifyl. I dont know anything about dogs, so the other ladies in here will be much better to talk dogs with you . It sure seems like this must be your calling in life, with all the stray animals showing up at your house. They must know it is a good place to live .

Cindy

I keep meaning to tell you your doily turned out nice. I never did remember to ask Sam to snap a photo of mine !

Sounds good to me to stay home -- I think you like staying home,as probably most ladies who work,they enjoy getting to stay home and listen to quiet .

Linda

Great photo of you and your pup --he sure looks happy !

Cindy

I keep meaning to tell you your doily turned out nice. I never did remember to ask Sam to snap a photo of mine !

Sounds good to me to stay home -- I think you like staying home,as probably most ladies who work,they enjoy getting to stay home and listen to quiet .

Thanks, Julie, and yes, I love to stay at home. My dh is a lot more social than I am, but he's okay with staying home, as long as I talk to him! (and I'm very good at talking!)

Well hunnies.......I'm off for the weekend......I get to take a 650 mile produce run----I leave tonight at 1000 and have to deliver my 1st drop tomorrow morning at 0500 and then 4 more after that......then....the long trek back home!!! Hope you all have a good weekend!

Well hunnies.......I'm off for the weekend......I get to take a 650 mile produce run----I leave tonight at 1000 and have to deliver my 1st drop tomorrow morning at 0500 and then 4 more after that......then....the long trek back home!!! Hope you all have a good weekend!

Be safe, sweetie!:hug:manyheart

Archived