Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Just a little hello before heading into what will more than likely be a long night again tonight. Things have turned colder here down to 38 when last night at this time it was still like 50 degrees.

They're forecasting snow tonight/early tomorrow morning. I'm just glad that this stuff isn't supposed to be bad. Of course knowing my luck I just jinxed it and it's going to be the worst snow of the season. :P

Got a few squares bordered and put together today. Start working on the run for the next week. I think I'm going to have to do squares Mon-Fri and make Sat and Sun the days I border them all and stitch them together. I'll try that this week and see if it works better.

Anyway, off to get ready for work. See you all in the morning.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy all

Too tired to answer everyone,other than to say good night, I guess,since most of you are probably sawing logs,which is where I'm going next .

Joanne

Congrats on the upcoming grandson ! I kinda figured thats what it would be,and perfect for you since you love sports . One of these days you will be watching him play little league baseball !

Well, I'm off.am really tired-- I'm not usually up this late.

Will check in tomorrow

Morning all

I'm a Grumpy Gus today. Woke up to MORE SNOW, doggone it . We had 2 days of fairly good weather for this time of year, then BAM, more snow, with some freezing rain and ice tossed in. Thankfully it's not a LOT ,but it's just enough to make the roads look scarey .

Oh well, not much I can do about it .

Todays Question :

What is something you forgot once ,that you will more than likely never forget again ?

Good morning- and Happy President's Day!

Woke up to white stuff on the ground too! It had all just gone away!! It is covering the grass, but roads look clear and I don't think it is supposed to last but it was really, really nice these past few days not seeing white on the ground. It is, however, what it is!

Question of the Day- I've forgotten so many things and I'm sure some of them have been more than once!!!:lol

I'm going to ponder that question some more as I get ready for Paradise.

Have a good day everyone!

Good morning housemates :coffee

Shannon - I hope work was too slow and long for you last night :xfin

Julie - We're supposed to get some snow tonight, but only about 2-4 inches

Joanne - Happy President's Day back at ya ;)

Today's question of the day: Something I once forgot that I'll never forget again???? :think :think :think The final jeopardy song should be plaing :lol That's tough and I'll think about it throughout the day. I know there's many times I remember saying "I'll bet I don't forget that again"!!!!! Unfortunately, it seems as though I've forgotten :eek:rofl Most of those things though, you only think about when put in that situation :think I'll ponder during the day.

Morning everyone! Just a quick pop in before I have to log on to work. I work part-time for the company I retired from. I'm fortunate that I can do it from home.

Marisa, great photos of your family. Those boys looks so cute lined up with their blankies with their little feet showing.

Joanne, I had girls and both my sisters had girls. I was thrilled when I got a grandson and then, wound up helping raise him. He's more like a son to me. Now, he's making me a great grandma. So congratulations on your soon to be grandson!

Amazing how the circle of life continues and beautiful at the same time.

I did work on my flannelghan a while last night.

Well, off to work. Have a great day everyone and I'll check in later.

Hi Mary

It's a little unusual here in the house ,but I'd say we have 2 main age groups as a general rule :

a big chunk of the group is in their 50-60's ...........

the other chunk is right aroung the 30's..............

Again, I'm a misfit.

NASCAR came on earlier than I expected,

Such a good race. The winner had just turned 20 the day before. It was his first Daytona 500. He drove really smart. We aren't true nascar fans but do watch it now and again when football season is off. The tribute to Dale was very touching.

doilyghan!!

Very pretty!

Morning all

I'm a Grumpy Gus today. Woke up to MORE SNOW, doggone it . We had 2 days of fairly good weather for this time of year, then BAM, more snow, with some freezing rain and ice tossed in. Thankfully it's not a LOT ,but it's just enough to make the roads look scarey .

Here too. Still snowing now.

Good morning, peeps.

So far the streets are just wet and snow is on the grass and cars...Fingers crossed. I NEED to get a yarn fix today, stash or no stash!

Morning all

Oh well, not much I can do about it .

That's why I was in a funk yesterday...hearing the weather forcast.

Todays Question :

What is something you forgot once ,that you will more than likely never forget again ?

too many to list...and I'm still forgetful:P

Hey Ladies,

I finally remembered pictures :lol There's one of the boys with their blankets from xmas and their matching socks and the other is my brother holding Madeline in the victorian rose baby sweater (a little blurry :( ) :manyheart

Too cute! The biys are adorable...and the sweater fits so well! Great work!:clap

Joanne, I can't stay home unless i am sick. I work in an intensive care unit. They'll send someone to come and get me if I can't get there! They have lots of people who volunteer to do that.

My vehicle will get through a large amount of snow. This area usually gets a lot of snow, and in 30 years I've only missed work because of weather once. That was in an ice storm. I ended up in the ditch, and by the time I got towed out, they told me not to come in, since things were fine without me.

Good night everyone.

When I was nurses aide, one year NYC had a transit strike...we were all picked up so the shifts were covered... No weather issues while I was working at the hospital.

Have a great day, my friends...will have some pics to post later,

Hi Marisa

Great photos ! The kids are so cute with their mathing blankies and socks,and the sweater looks like a perfect fut ! Good work .

Wrennie

You're not a misfit --we do have a few other ages sprinkled throughout the group. That just seems to be the majority . It's actually odd,so it's nice to toss in some other ages and viewpoints too.

We do have one girl who stops in occasionally who is a young teen,I think 16 or so ...and Tam and Dusti ,and possibly Shannon, I am guessing are in the 40's bracket,but that is just a guess .

Toni

That is nice you can work part time from home. It'd be handy to be able to do that.

And I have a grandson like you do,who I took care of full time til he started school,and he is like my own kid to me ,too !

Morning Jude --I guess we can be miserable together about the weather .Maybe it'll shape up later in the week, I know today is supposed to be crappy all day though .

Hi there Joanne

I know I missed you,so will say How was work,because by the time you get this, you will be home !

Hi Marisa

Wrennie

You're not a misfit --we do have a few other ages sprinkled throughout the group. That just seems to be the majority . It's actually odd,so it's nice to toss in some other ages and viewpoints too.

We do have one girl who stops in occasionally who is a young teen,I think 16 or so ...and Tam and Dusti ,and possibly Shannon, I am guessing are in the 40's bracket,but that is just a guess .

ooh, heres a mind teaser. My age is the last 2 digits of my birth year backwards.

so for example if I was born in 1912, then I am 21.

Can you guess my age?

Good Morning! The house sure seems quiet without Luke. DD and her DH came to get him about noon and then ended up staying for lunch...we always have a good time together. :manyheart

Joanne ~ Now you can really do some crocheting and shopping! :c9 I know you'll enjoy every minute of being a grandma. Your baby ghan is adorable. :applause

Mary ~ Oh, your doilyghan is gorgeous! Beautiful work.:hook

Marisa ~ The little ones are so very cute. Your blankets, socks and sweater are all wonderful. :yes

Shannon ~ I agree that slow time at work should be crochet time. :) It sounds like there may be a deadline for this afghan? :think

Linda ~ WTG on the book bargains! How is the quilt coming along?

Hi to all my House friends. :waving

All of you having more snow or ice - stay safe on the roads. :hug It's been way too warm and dry here for February. Hope to get some rain later this week.

ooh, heres a mind teaser. My age is the last 2 digits of my birth year backwards.

so for example if I was born in 1912, then I am 21.

Can you guess my age?

Hi Wrennie! I'll guess...1982 = 28 or 1964 = 46? :D

Wrennie, your puzzle reminded me why I don't do sodoku:lol:lol:lol

Joanne, yay for the grandson!! :manyheart

I see lots of Yankee shirts, etc, coming his way;)

Okay - back from food store. Will be mixing up a cheese ball - wonderful snack - and then get over to Michaels and B&N later.:D

Wrennie, you're my sister's age...I'm 4 years older than you...you're not a misfit.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I might be MIA for a while...need to really focus on some other stuff for a while.

Good morning all. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, but doesn't mean it's real warm. 26 with a high today of 40.. By Friday highs in the lower 20's and lows around 7 :eek Maybe snow, maybe not. Dry side of the state so who knows.

We need the colder weather even though I'm more than ready for spring. We grow apples and the trees were getting the idea that spring was almost already here and the buds on the trees were beginning to swell. Now praying they haven't done so to much and that that single digit stuff won't be to much for it. Farmer's have already taken big hits in the US this winter, and we've already had winter damage to the trees from our early cold in November.

Now off to the gym to see my personal terrorist..I mean trainer :rofl

Hi Wrennie

Doggone, I just got home from the store and turned this on,and was trying to do a little digging to figure out your age ,first from your real name listed on your bio ---that isn't a commonly used name anymore, so thatd put you in a certain age group ,then when I saw what year you learned to crochet, I was trying to match that up to your age ..

Let's just say I had it narrowed down to around late 40s. Maybe close to 50 . Good guess, Mary 1 !

Mary

I know it does seem quiet after you have a baby or a kid in the house, then they leave, it seems empty like something is missing .

Hi Jude

Sounds as if me and you had at least one of the same goals, hitting the grocery store.

Do any of you guys do this : You have like 5 things on your list,and you bring home 55 ???

I also stopped at the library,was surprised they were open since it is a holiday,but they were. Was trying to look for something really different t catch my eye, so I brought home a new stack. Let's see what attracts my attention .

Morning Mary 2

You picked a good name for your trainer . I had therapy after my knee surgery ,and they could be downright evil sometimes. It hurt REALLY bad,but they kept on my tail about it ,and I am glad I listened to them,because my knee works like a charm now .

LeAnna

Thanks for telling us you will be taking a break. It's ok, we all have those times. I hope you get things figured out and dealt with .

Wrennie

You are in the ballpark age with some of us then -- I just turned 53,I think Cindy and Joanne are both real close to the same age ,so we are all almost on the same SHELF .

( I SHELF people by decades, so we have our 20-30-40-50-60 shelf . )I dont think we have any 20's. If we do, I apologize to whoever I am forgetting .

~~~~HI HI HI HI~~~ HOLY...............do I have a TON to read or do i have a TON to read! Geeee whizzle! That's AWESOME!!

Anyhow-I survived my truck driving escapade...........needless to say- it sucked something fierce. the people were rude and the next time the lady that was the rudest might get some apples that fall on her or some cantalupes accidentally/on purpose. Man- I had been on the road since 1030 pm fri night and it was 0500 sat morn and she was chompin at the bit- I was like......>REALLY????? honey- im not the person you should be messing with. REALLY!!!! Make a long story short- EXTREMELY long day- 17 hours later, Aree and I made it home after a lot of laughs and tired eyes, and almost running out of fuel, and lots of rain, snow, and wind........I took a shower, sent her to her dads, made a bowl of canned soup and I crashed out for the next 12 hours. NEXT time I won't be so flexible when they say they need a favor-----SORRY I'M ALLLL FAVORED OUT!!! I'm too old to work like that.

Yesterday.....I was a vegetable....ummmm I think like a tomato---I just sat and crocheted, did a little laundry, threw my dishes in the dishwasher, put some bright PINK in my hair and........watched the Daytona 500!!! I'm going to have to become a fan for my man I am pretty sure! It's cool- I can crochet while I'm watching it.

Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend----- winter hit here again yesterday 4 inches of snow. WTH??????!!!!!!

Well Kiyo,you ornery thing !

Sure good to have you back. You add a lot of life to the House ! Sorry you had a rude customer. You need to take some lessons from me . I once threatened to kick another customer's *** in the Walmart parking lot if she was still out there when I came out. Needless to say,she was long gone !

I have been known to be pretty mouthy when the need arises .

Anyhow, good to have you back here to keep us all chuckling ... :lol

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Good Morning House...........

Here I am ............. swooping in again to say :hihi

Its been so busy around here.... :whew

hubby called me one day last week and said... another guy from one of his clients ... wife had a baby.... would I please make a pink blanket. Well of course! So I drop all I'm doing and get to work.... by the next day.. he was able to take the blanket.

post-18634-135897630304_thumb.jpg

I got back to work on the Prayer Blanket (12 point round ripple) I'm making for a new Leukemia patient at the hospital...

post-18634-13589763066_thumb.jpg

Then I got an invitation in the mail for a baby shower.... so I have a slow start on a 5-10 point round ripple (designed by RoseRed)

post-18634-135897630339_thumb.jpg

In the midst of all this ... my three younger boys have had wrestling tournaments...

My 10 yr old got his first PIN last weekend... and took 2nd place in his weight class

My 12yr old took 3rd place in his weight class

My 14 yr old had District Tournaments .. and just missed making it to State. 6 of our 11 boys did make it though... so you better believe we were there to cheer them on! I am so very proud of them all! They worked so darn hard this wrestling season! The coaches are awesome. With us having such a small team... those boys just became an extention of our family! I love them to pieces!!

Anyway... back to work on the Prayer Blanket a bit... then I want to try and get a few rows on the baby blanket. I still need to put the sleeves on my mom's sweater for birthday.

have a great rest of the day all.............. :hug

love you guys!

:heart

:mug

OK Ladies

Time to drop another set of questions in here :

1- What food would you say you absolutely CANNOT make taste good, no matter how many times you have tried ?

2- Have you ever been camping before,and if so, did you enjoy it ?

3- Favorite popsicle flavor ?

4-If one of us was coming to visit your town,what one thing would you make sure and take them to see before they left ?

5- Something you really DREAD doing,but you do it anyhow .

6-Your favorite fruit ?

7- A food you have never tasted ?

8- Ugliest piece of furniture you currently own or have owned in the past ?

9- How HONEST are you ? If you saw the neighbor lady entertaining men every day after her husband left for work,would you tell him, or talk to her, or neither ?

10 - Prettiest wedding you have ever seen ?

11- A singer you don't think really matches the voice ?

12 - Somebody famous who always makes you laugh ?

13 - What reality tv show do you think you'd have a chance of winning ?

14 - How many hours a week do you spend watching tv ? And what show do you NEVER miss ?

15 - Have you ever stopped to help a homeless person by giving them money or food ?

16 - What is the single biggest event you think you have witnessed so far in your lifetime ?

17 - What is something that EVERY American should know ?

18 - what color of yarn do you think you use the most of,and what color would you never use ?

19- Tell of a time when you think "somebody up there is trying to TELL me something ?"

20- The scariest thing that has ever happened to you ?

Hi there Miss Tam

Wow, you must be the fastest crocheter that side of the Mississippi !!! You sure can crank out those rr's !! Love the pink one,it is so pretty !

When does your moms' sweater need to be done,and what color are you making it ?

Good to see you again ,and thanks for swooping in ! You are just like a little hummingbird. Bright colored, happy and speedy as all get out !!!

** Were your older kids into sports too, or just your younger ones ?

Archived