Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Ladies,

I finally remembered pictures :lol There's one of the boys with their blankets from xmas and their matching socks and the other is my brother holding Madeline in the victorian rose baby sweater (a little blurry :( ) :manyheart

Oh Marisa......... Love these pics!

the boys are adorable with their blankets and socks! And that sweet little baby in her sweater......... love it!

:heart

:mug

Hey Ladies,

I finally remembered pictures :lol There's one of the boys with their blankets from xmas and their matching socks and the other is my brother holding Madeline in the victorian rose baby sweater (a little blurry :( ) :manyheart

Lovely pictures of some very cute little kids. :D

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Good Morning House...........

Here I am ............. swooping in again to say :hihi

Its been so busy around here.... :whew

hubby called me one day last week and said... another guy from one of his clients ... wife had a baby.... would I please make a pink blanket. Well of course! So I drop all I'm doing and get to work.... by the next day.. he was able to take the blanket.

[ATTACH]35251[/ATTACH]

I got back to work on the Prayer Blanket (12 point round ripple) I'm making for a new Leukemia patient at the hospital...

[ATTACH]35267[/ATTACH]

Then I got an invitation in the mail for a baby shower.... so I have a slow start on a 5-10 point round ripple (designed by RoseRed)

[ATTACH]35265[/ATTACH]

In the midst of all this ... my three younger boys have had wrestling tournaments...

My 10 yr old got his first PIN last weekend... and took 2nd place in his weight class

My 12yr old took 3rd place in his weight class

My 14 yr old had District Tournaments .. and just missed making it to State. 6 of our 11 boys did make it though... so you better believe we were there to cheer them on! I am so very proud of them all! They worked so darn hard this wrestling season! The coaches are awesome. With us having such a small team... those boys just became an extention of our family! I love them to pieces!!

Anyway... back to work on the Prayer Blanket a bit... then I want to try and get a few rows on the baby blanket. I still need to put the sleeves on my mom's sweater for birthday.

have a great rest of the day all.............. :hug

love you guys!

Beautiful pictures and congratulations to the boys! They did well!

OK Ladies

Time to drop another set of questions in here :

1- What food would you say you absolutely CANNOT make taste good, no matter how many times you have tried ? Can't think of any.

2- Have you ever been camping before,and if so, did you enjoy it ?

I went once and it was a disaster. Never did it again.

3- Favorite popsicle flavor ? Cherry

4-If one of us was coming to visit your town,what one thing would you make sure and take them to see before they left ?The Atlanta Aquarium. It is totally awesome.

5- Something you really DREAD doing,but you do it anyhow . Going to the dentist and I only do it if there is absolutely no way of getting out of it.

6-Your favorite fruit ? Apples.

7- A food you have never tasted ? Fried grasshoppers.

8- Ugliest piece of furniture you currently own or have owned in the past ? A couch my ex-husband picked out.

9- How HONEST are you ? If you saw the neighbor lady entertaining men every day after her husband left for work,would you tell him, or talk to her, or neither ?If asked outright I would tell the truth, but would rather not get mixed up in the whole keg of worms.

10 - Prettiest wedding you have ever seen ? Prince Charles and Princess Diane

11- A singer you don't think really matches the voice ? Jim Nabors

12 - Somebody famous who always makes you laugh ? Lucille Ball

13 - What reality tv show do you think you'd have a chance of winning ? Family Feud

14 - How many hours a week do you spend watching tv ? And what show do you NEVER miss ? The TV is on all day, but I don't necessarily pay any attention to it. Several of the cooking shows are favorites I try to always watch.

15 - Have you ever stopped to help a homeless person by giving them money or food ? Yes.

16 - What is the single biggest event you think you have witnessed so far in your lifetime ? Neil Armstrong's walk on the moon.

17 - What is something that EVERY American should know ? The Pledge of Allegiance and the National Anthem.

18 - what color of yarn do you think you use the most of,and what color would you never use ? Probably green. I don't think that there's a color I would refuse to use if it worked for the project I was making.

19- Tell of a time when you think "somebody up there is trying to TELL me something ?" ???

20- The scariest thing that has ever happened to you ?

When the car rolled down the driveway into traffic with my daughter dangling out the passenger side after having seen it roll over my son who was trying to stop it by pushing on it from the rear. Neither was seriously hurt, but both were scared into hysterics.

only when I shop alone:lol:lol:lol:lol

Her's some pics...lapghans (used up stash of Homespun)and Sparkie on his baby blanket (towel from breeder)

Gorgeous lapghans and Sparkie is adorable.

It was another overcast day today. I had my kidney doctor appointment and he actually didn't say anything negative and I don't have to see him for 6 months. I do have to have an ultrasound of the kidneys again at that point, though. Could have been lots worse. And they charged me half of what they normally do, which was an ultra nice surprise. Guess I won't complain.

TAB- Heard a lot about you- good to see you here! I've heard you, Julie and I are quite the characters! lol Way to go to all of your boys wrestling. I don't have any boys, just my little girl who is 10 and she plays fast pitch softball and clogs. It's always cool to see them reach milestones and get trophies, etc. Sometimes I miss not having more than just her.

Morning all

Todays Question :

What is something you forgot once ,that you will more than likely never forget again ?

forgetting birth control pill=crying baby......after three times of forgetting & four kids later I will NEVER forget again. ;)

Hey Ladies,

Adorable.....love the matching socks & blankies. :manyheart

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

hubby called me one day last week and said... another guy from one of his clients ... wife had a baby.... would I please make a pink blanket. Well of course! So I drop all I'm doing and get to work.... by the next day.. he was able to take the blanket.

[ATTACH]35251[/ATTACH]

I got back to work on the Prayer Blanket (12 point round ripple) I'm making for a new Leukemia patient at the hospital...

[ATTACH]35267[/ATTACH]

Then I got an invitation in the mail for a baby shower.... so I have a slow start on a 5-10 point round ripple (designed by RoseRed)

[ATTACH]35265[/ATTACH]

In the midst of all this ... my three younger boys have had wrestling tournaments...

My 10 yr old got his first PIN last weekend... and took 2nd place in his weight class

My 14 yr old had District Tournaments .. and just missed making it to State. 6 of our 11 boys did make it though... so you better believe we were there to cheer them on! I am so very proud of them all! They worked so darn hard this wrestling season! The coaches are awesome. With us having such a small team... those boys just became an extention of our family! I love them to pieces!!

Anyway... back to work on the Prayer Blanket a bit... then I want to try and get a few rows on the baby blanket. I still need to put the sleeves on my mom's sweater for birthday.

love you guys!

Great job! :clap

only when I shop alone:lol:lol:lol:lol

Her's some pics...lapghans (used up stash of Homespun)and Sparkie on his baby blanket (towel from breeder)

So cute laying there on his blankie! Beautiful job on the lapghans! :cheer

J~u~D~y----love the blankets. And the puppy!

Thanks...Sparkie is a love....

Gorgeous lapghans and Sparkie is adorable.

Thanks...:)

It was another overcast day today. I had my kidney doctor appointment and he actually didn't say anything negative and I don't have to see him for 6 months. I do have to have an ultrasound of the kidneys again at that point, though. Could have been lots worse. And they charged me half of what they normally do, which was an ultra nice surprise. Guess I won't complain.

That's all such good news for now!

1- What food would you say you absolutely CANNOT make taste good, no matter how many times you have tried ? spinach, ICK!

2- Have you ever been camping before,and if so, did you enjoy it ? yes as a kid & yes it was a yearly summer thing.

3- Favorite popsicle flavor ? banana

4-If one of us was coming to visit your town,what one thing would you make sure and take them to see before they left ? the yarn shop :devil

5- Something you really DREAD doing,but you do it anyhow . waking up! :D

6-Your favorite fruit ? pineapple (fresh)

7- A food you have never tasted ? liver, YUCK!!

8- Ugliest piece of furniture you currently own or have owned in the past ? my first couch which was so gross.....it was a pinkish color & the fabric was from the ancient times.....had to start somewhere though :yes

9- How HONEST are you ? If you saw the neighbor lady entertaining men every day after her husband left for work,would you tell him, or talk to her, or neither ? NEITHER......I would continue to be a nosey neighbor for my own entertainment (I have no life) & offer not a peep.....not my place. If she was my best friend I would tell her she's grimey & if he was a good friend than I would tell him otherwise nope not my business.

10 - Prettiest wedding you have ever seen ? only on TV.....my brothers was the nicest i've seen in person.

11- A singer you don't think really matches the voice ? Kelly Pickler....such an annoying voice & person yet she sings beautifully.

12 - Somebody famous who always makes you laugh ? Dave Chappelle :lol

13 - What reality tv show do you think you'd have a chance of winning ? probably none :think

14 - How many hours a week do you spend watching tv ? And what show do you NEVER miss ? too many & if i'm busy than I never HAVE to see something, but one I hate to miss is Intervention

15 - Have you ever stopped to help a homeless person by giving them money or food ? nope, never seen a homeless person unless you count the times my sister lived in a motel & I gave her money to pay for the room & food for her & her kids.

16 - What is the single biggest event you think you have witnessed so far in your lifetime ? the twin towers being hit on television.....i'll never forget where I was & what I was doing that day....how about you?

17 - What is something that EVERY American should know ? racism still exists, but should not exist therefore I blieve all Americans should know about other races & cultures because it is the fear of the unknown that causes racism and prejudice.

18 - what color of yarn do you think you use the most of,and what color would you never use ? white and I probably would never use.....ahhh i'm not prejudice. :hook

19- Tell of a time when you think "somebody up there is trying to TELL me something ?" up there? up where? :rofl I have to honestly say I have never thought any message was from up there.....I still am trying to receive those types of messages, but have not.....maybe it is my doubt or lack of faith.

20- The scariest thing that has ever happened to you ? almost dying & i'll leave it at that. ;)

Hey Ladies,

Great pics Melissa- even if the one is a little blurry- they look so cute in their blankets and socks and Madeline looks adorable in her new sweater!:manyheart

Wrennie, your puzzle reminded me why I don't do sodoku:lol:lol:lol

Joanne, yay for the grandson!! :manyheart

I see lots of Yankee shirts, etc, coming his way;)

Okay - back from food store. Will be mixing up a cheese ball - wonderful snack - and then get over to Michaels and B&N later.:D

And Giants shirts and Devils shirts and Rutgers shirts!!!:lol Was actually online last night looking at bibs for all my teams!!! He will definitely be a Yankee fan- the one concern is the hockey- with my SIL and all his brothers and Dad being huge Rangers fans- but I'll make sure the NJ Devils are represented!:yes

Can't wait to hear what you got at Michaels!!!!

Hi House just stopping by for a sec to let you all know I was thinking of you. :hug I haven't been around in the last few days for my husband and myself was experiencing some personnal problems in our family that we had to deal with and it is very intense. I didn't read any posts, for I'm tired, down in the dumps and have a tension headache. Tomorrow I'm suppose to be going to Atlantic City with a friend but I really don't feel like going, my DH feels it will be good for me to get away from this situation for a while. :think Sorry I can't share this with you all for it is seriously personnal, but I will get thur it. I have been working on my doily ghan and I love how it look. Nite House Family. :hug

:yay You got it. 1964 = 46

Great guess Mary 1--and don't ever think of yourself as a misfit!!! You fit right in here!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I might be MIA for a while...need to really focus on some other stuff for a while.

Thanks for the heads up LeAnna! We'll be here when you are done focusing on your other stuff!!

Good morning all. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, but doesn't mean it's real warm. 26 with a high today of 40.. By Friday highs in the lower 20's and lows around 7 :eek Maybe snow, maybe not. Dry side of the state so who knows.

We need the colder weather even though I'm more than ready for spring. We grow apples and the trees were getting the idea that spring was almost already here and the buds on the trees were beginning to swell. Now praying they haven't done so to much and that that single digit stuff won't be to much for it. Farmer's have already taken big hits in the US this winter, and we've already had winter damage to the trees from our early cold in November.

Now off to the gym to see my personal terrorist..I mean trainer :rofl

Thanks for the laugh about the personal trainer:lol And fingers crossed that the apple trees will be ok

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

[ATTACH]35251[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]35267[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]35265[/ATTACH]

love you guys!

congrats to the boys- that's so awesome!!! And of course, all of your blankets are gorgeous- thanks for sharing them with us!

`*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

~~~~HI HI HI HI~~~ HOLY...............do I have a TON to read or do i have a TON to read! Geeee whizzle! That's AWESOME!!

Anyhow-I survived my truck driving escapade...........needless to say- it sucked something fierce. the people were rude and the next time the lady that was the rudest might get some apples that fall on her or some cantalupes accidentally/on purpose. Man- I had been on the road since 1030 pm fri night and it was 0500 sat morn and she was chompin at the bit- I was like......>REALLY????? honey- im not the person you should be messing with. REALLY!!!! Make a long story short- EXTREMELY long day- 17 hours later, Aree and I made it home after a lot of laughs and tired eyes, and almost running out of fuel, and lots of rain, snow, and wind........I took a shower, sent her to her dads, made a bowl of canned soup and I crashed out for the next 12 hours. NEXT time I won't be so flexible when they say they need a favor-----SORRY I'M ALLLL FAVORED OUT!!! I'm too old to work like that.

Yesterday.....I was a vegetable....ummmm I think like a tomato---I just sat and crocheted, did a little laundry, threw my dishes in the dishwasher, put some bright PINK in my hair and........watched the Daytona 500!!! I'm going to have to become a fan for my man I am pretty sure! It's cool- I can crochet while I'm watching it.

Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend----- winter hit here again yesterday 4 inches of snow. WTH??????!!!!!!

Wow- I would say you are surely favored out- You'll fit right in with a few of the ladies here with the Nascar- and if your man likes it- then all is good- I usually always crochet when I watch sports too!

Holy Canoli !

What a lot of messages since I last checked . Will just respond to the 2 that stick in my head :

Cheeria

Very sorry you are having some family issues right now. Will hope they get sorted out soon .I know what it's like to have that constant upheaval,and it really does mess up your life in a lot of areas . Positive thoughts heading your way. You are a very strong person,and seem to have a very level head on your shoulders, so it will hopefully be resolved over time, the sooner the better .

Julie, I'm on the 60 shelf, will be 66 this year.

Mary 2, everything thinks it's spring here too. Sure hope the cold doesn't hurt the crops any more than it has. We've had to deal with so much drought, flooding, cold, etc., I really feel for our farmer's.

Tab

You funny thing !!! Loved the birth control/crying baby scenario .

Are you sure you aint from OUR town ???

We're all a bunch of slow learners here ..... it takes us 6 or 8 times of peeing on the electric fence before we realize that it hurts and we probably shouldnt do it again .

Wow- what a lot of posts to go through!!

Cheeria- So sorry to hear you are going through some tough times right now- My prayers and thoughts are with you!!! You should do what you want to do tomorrow- We are here if you need a pick me up!!!

Linda- Great news about the doc appt today!!! It's great that there was no negative news!!!

Judy- the blankets as always are beautiful and that's a great pic of Sparkie!!!

Toni- How was "work" today? There have been a few times that I've worked from home and I love it- I'm very comfortable in my sweats and I actually get more work done at home then in the office since there are no interruptions!!!

Marisa- Hope your day went by quickly and that you got the Charisma yarn in the colors you wanted at Michael's after work!

I was going to stop at ACM but got out of work a little late- They have Vanna's on sale 1.99- but the sale is all week- and honestly I don't really need any more yarn!!! (especially since some jumped into my cart at Michael's yesterday) But oh so tempting!!!

1- What food would you say you absolutely CANNOT make taste good, no matter how many times you have tried ? brussel sprouts, ICK!

2- Have you ever been camping before,and if so, did you enjoy it ? yes and I absolutely loved it. Helped me to be able to cope without electricity and stuff during hurricanes.

3- Favorite popsicle flavor ? orange

4-If one of us was coming to visit your town,what one thing would you make sure and take them to see before they left ? Alabama's museum and bronze statue.

5- Something you really DREAD doing,but you do it anyhow . dishes :D

6-Your favorite fruit ? strawberry (fresh)

7- A food you have never tasted ? tiramisu

8- Ugliest piece of furniture you currently own or have owned in the past ? everything in my house right now except my antique iron bed.

9- How HONEST are you ? If you saw the neighbor lady entertaining men every day after her husband left for work,would you tell him, or talk to her, or neither ?

NEITHER......not my business.

10 - Prettiest wedding you have ever seen ? Dianna and Prince Charles....sad it ended so tragically.

11- A singer you don't think really matches the voice ? Shania Twain

12 - Somebody famous who always makes you laugh ? Jim Beluchi:lol

13 - What reality tv show do you think you'd have a chance of winning ? amazing race if I had a partner who could carry me at some point :lol

14 - How many hours a week do you spend watching tv ? And what show do you NEVER miss ? I don't miss anything NASCAR (record if I'm not home) I don't really watch, more like listen. Have it on for human sounds.

15 - Have you ever stopped to help a homeless person by giving them money or food ? Yes

16 - What is the single biggest event you think you have witnessed so far in your lifetime ? the twin towers being hit on television.....i'll never forget where I was & what I was doing that day....how about you?

17 - What is something that EVERY American should know ? racism and hatred still exists, but should not exist therefore I believe all Americans should know about other races & cultures because it is the fear of the unknown that causes racism and prejudice. I agree with all you said and until adults quit teaching their children how to hate and racism, it will never go away. No matter what country you live in.

18 - what color of yarn do you think you use the most of,and what color would you never use ? I :hear all :yarn colors :hook

19- Tell of a time when you think "somebody up there is trying to TELL me something ?" every time my intuition kicks in, I call it God whispers and usually listen to them.

20- The scariest thing that has ever happened to you ? almost dying & i'll leave it at that. :yes I have to agree, nothing like being "outside" your body and hearing them prounounce you DOA :eek

ime to drop another set of questions in here :

1- What food would you say you absolutely CANNOT make taste good, no matter how many times you have tried ?

steak

2- Have you ever been camping before,and if so, did you enjoy it ? yes and yes

3- Favorite popsicle flavor ? orange

4-If one of us was coming to visit your town,what one thing would you make sure and take them to see before they left ?

either Frederick Meijer gardens or Lake Michigan's beautiful beaches

5- Something you really DREAD doing,but you do it anyhow .

painting

6-Your favorite fruit ? grapes

7- A food you have never tasted ?

caviar

8- Ugliest piece of furniture you currently own or have owned in the past ? a very modern brown sofa

9- How HONEST are you ? If you saw the neighbor lady entertaining men every day after her husband left for work,would you tell him, or talk to her, or neither ? I would not talk to him, and I would only talk to ehr if I knew her well. I would not lie, if asked a direct question, though.

10 - Prettiest wedding you have ever seen ? probably my friends daughters wedding. (it's amazing what a lot of money will do!)

11- A singer you don't think really matches the voice ?

12 - Somebody famous who always makes you laugh ?

13 - What reality tv show do you think you'd have a chance of winning ? don;t knwo any reality shows

14 - How many hours a week do you spend watching tv ? And what show do you NEVER miss ? rarely watch tv, maybe 2 hours a year

15 - Have you ever stopped to help a homeless person by giving them money or food ? I've given McDonalds and Burger King gift certificates. Won't give money though, because it would most likely go for alcohol or cigarettes

16 - What is the single biggest event you think you have witnessed so far in your lifetime ? 9-11?

17 - What is something that EVERY American should know ? the English language

18 - what color of yarn do you think you use the most of,and what color would you never use ? I have lots of blue and green, I can;t think of a color I wouldn't use.

19- Tell of a time when you think "somebody up there is trying to TELL me something ?"

20- The scariest thing that has ever happened to you ? __________________

Julie

OK Ladies

1- What food would you say you absolutely CANNOT make taste good, no matter how many times you have tried ? Lima Beans

2- Have you ever been camping before,and if so, did you enjoy it ? Yes with Girl Scouts and at my brothers campground- both times in either a trailer or cabin- My favorite type of camping though is in a motel!:lol But I do enjoy visiting my brother at his campground in the summer- try to go for a long weekend in the summer- it is very relaxing

3- Favorite popsicle flavor ? Cherry

4-If one of us was coming to visit your town,what one thing would you make sure and take them to see before they left ? There isn't a whole lot in our town to be honest- but I'd probably take them to the Ice Hockey rink and the library

5- Something you really DREAD doing,but you do it anyhow . Going to the dentist

6-Your favorite fruit ? Tie between Clementines and banana

7- A food you have never tasted ? Brussel sprouts

8- Ugliest piece of furniture you currently own or have owned in the past ? An ugly plaid couch that was a hand-me-down- but it served it's purpose!

9- How HONEST are you ? If you saw the neighbor lady entertaining men every day after her husband left for work,would you tell him, or talk to her, or neither ? Wouldn't initiate anything- but would be honest if asked.

10 - Prettiest wedding you have ever seen ? My daughters!

11- A singer you don't think really matches the voice ?

12 - Somebody famous who always makes you laugh ? Robin Williams

13 - What reality tv show do you think you'd have a chance of winning ? None

14 - How many hours a week do you spend watching tv ? And what show do you NEVER miss ? I guess since Julie got me addicted to it- Biggest Loser (I have it set on DVR so if I don't see it when it's on, I can catch it) Other than that I enjoy the new show Harry's Law- Monday's at 10 with Kathy Bates. And of course Sports!!!

15 - Have you ever stopped to help a homeless person by giving them money or food ? Yes

16 - What is the single biggest event you think you have witnessed so far in your lifetime ? 9/11- 4 days before my wedding- and my cousin and her DH worked by there and lived in Manhattan at the time. My neighbor lost her husband in 9/11 and her boys were very young

17 - What is something that EVERY American should know ? The English language

18 - what color of yarn do you think you use the most of,and what color would you never use ? Dont' think there is a color I would NEVER use, and the color I use the most when I think of the things I've made, I'd guess would be blue- but I do like to mix bright colors together

19- Tell of a time when you think "somebody up there is trying to TELL me something ?" Not sure on this one

20- The scariest thing that has ever happened to you ?

Almost dying after my appendix nearly ruptured. It was six wks after the birth of my middle DD and I ended up in the hospital for 11 days- My mom told me afterwards that I almost died.

SORRY I'M ALLLL FAVORED OUT!!! I'm too old to work like that.

Yesterday.....I was a vegetable....ummmm I think like a tomato---I just sat and crocheted, did a little laundry, threw my dishes in the dishwasher, put some bright PINK in my hair and........watched the Daytona 500!!! I'm going to have to become a fan for my man I am pretty sure! It's cool- I can crochet while I'm watching it.

Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend----- winter hit here again yesterday 4 inches of snow. WTH??????!!!!!!

Oh, sorry your trip wasn't a good one. I don't blame you on not doing favor again!!!

The race was amazing, actually so were the truck and the Nationwide races. Excellent way to start the season and you can get a lot of crocheting done while they are on. I'm making flanneghans for Christmas presents during racing this year.

Hello everyone. Finally home from work. 11 hours today.

We have tons of snow here, and the roads are really terrible. It took me an hour to drive the 13 miles home from work.

Sine you guys were talking about age, I turned 54 in January.

Marisa, thanks for showing us your nephews and your niece. The boys look really pleased with their afghans and their socks, and their little sister looks just precious in her new sweater.

Tam, your pink baby blanket is really pretty, (your hook must have been smoking to get it finished so quickly!), and your other blankets are looking good as well. And congrats to your sons!

Judy, those are really nice lapghans. Sparkie looks like he is guarding his "blankie"!

Linda, glad your trip to the kidney doctor turned out so well.

Tab, your answer to what you forgot was hilarious!

Cheeria, sorry to hear that you are having difficulties. Hope things are better for you soon. :hug:hug:hug

Archived