Our House Part Two

JulieKay

JULIE---I mean FBI agent! lol- where do you come up with these questions????

TAM----LOVE your blankets---I'm an ORANGE lover and a bright PINK---lovin the orange one- I want to try one out!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK Ladies

Time to drop another set of questions in here :

1- What food would you say you absolutely CANNOT make taste good, no matter how many times you have tried ?I THOUGHT SPINACH WAS THE WORST----BUT WHEN YOU HAVE A SOUTHERN BOYFRIEND, MMMMMM HMMMMMMM....

2- Have you ever been camping before,and if so, did you enjoy it ? WE ARE CAMPERS AND YES, LOVE IT.

3- Favorite popsicle flavor ? ROOT BEER

4- Most handsome singer you can think of ? USHER

5- Something you really DREAD doing,but you do it anyhow .FOLD LAUNDRY AND PUT IT AWAY

6-Your favorite fruit ? APPLES

7- A food you have never tasted ? RABBIT

8- Ugliest piece of furniture you currently own or have owned in the past ?

9- How HONEST are you ? If you saw the neighbor lady entertaining men every day after her husband left for work,would you tell him, or talk to her, or neither ? I would say something----that bothers me.

10 - Prettiest wedding you have ever seen ? CELINE DION'S ON TV.

11- A singer you don't think really matches the voice ?Andrea Bocelli

12 - Somebody famous who always makes you laugh ? ????

13 - What reality tv show do you think you'd have a chance of winning ? None, I'm a loser ---lol MAYBE a minute to win it.

14 - How many hours a week do you spend watching tv ? And what show do you NEVER miss ? Maybe 6 hrs.total all week.

I have to dvr a lot of my shows and watch them later-----love Private Practice, American Idol, Oprah

15 - Have you ever stopped to help a homeless person by giving them money or food ? Yes, many times

16 - What is the single biggest event you think you have witnessed so far in your lifetime ?

17 - What is something that EVERY American should know ? ENGLISH

18 - what color of yarn do you think you use the most of,and what color would you never use ? Black most, brown least

19- Tell of a time when you think "somebody up there is trying to TELL me something ?"

[/b When I had cried for 2 weeks over my last boyfriend and suddenly in the middle of walmart I felt enclosed in a bubble and it was like I shed all of my sorrow and felt that I was at peace and what was I thinking??? Everything was going to be ok.

20- The scariest thing that has ever happened to you ?

???? i'm kind of boring.

1- What food would you say you absolutely CANNOT make taste good, no matter how many times you have tried ? really isnt anything. If I dont like it.. I dont really try it again.

2- Have you ever been camping before,and if so, did you enjoy it ? LOVE CAMPING!!!

3- Favorite popsicle flavor ? red

4- Most handsome singer you can think of ? hmmmm?

5- Something you really DREAD doing,but you do it anyhow . empty dishwasher

6-Your favorite fruit ? grapes

7- A food you have never tasted ? shark

8- Ugliest piece of furniture you currently own or have owned in the past ? used to have an orange chair...... pretty sure it was my grandpas.

9- How HONEST are you ? If you saw the neighbor lady entertaining men every day after her husband left for work,would you tell him, or talk to her, or neither ? I would talk to her.

10 - Prettiest wedding you have ever seen ?

11- A singer you don't think really matches the voice ? Rick Astley

12 - Somebody famous who always makes you laugh ? Jeff Dunham

13 - What reality tv show do you think you'd have a chance of winning ? dont watch tv... so have no clue

14 - How many hours a week do you spend watching tv ? And what show do you NEVER miss ? gosh... I would say 1 hour a month.

15 - Have you ever stopped to help a homeless person by giving them money or food ? yes!

16 - What is the single biggest event you think you have witnessed so far in your lifetime ? hmmm

17 - What is something that EVERY American should know ? GOD

18 - what color of yarn do you think you use the most of,and what color would you never use ? at the moment... orange... due to making Leukemia prayer blankets.

I love all colors!

19- Tell of a time when you think "somebody up there is trying to TELL me something ?" gosh.... ?

20- The scariest thing that has ever happened to you ? life with my ex.

:heart

:mug

:yay You got it. 1964 = 46

Yay!

Hi Julie ~ Yes, my list seems to grow once I'm in a store. :lol Then I almost always get home without something we really need. :blush

LeAnna ~ You know we'll be here when you are. :hug I hope everything is okay with you all.

Kiyo ~ Wow! What an adventure for you and Aree over the weekend! I hope this week is a good one for you. Stay warm - sounds like winter isn't over yet. :)

Peaches ~ Maybe you could take a little break from your afghan and work on something smaller - a scarf or hat? I think we all get tired of working on a big project once in a while. :yes

Tam ~ Everything is lovely! Congratulations to all three boys. :cheer I'm so glad your DH is much better. :manyheart

Mary ~ Hope all went well with your trainer today. :)

I'm so proud of myself. :lol I've stayed home today and am almost caught up with paperwork, bills, etc. :D We take care of MIL's mail and taxes, etc. and have for many years...sometimes the desk gets neglected. Almost caught up for now, so better get back to it.

1- What food would you say you absolutely CANNOT make taste good, no matter how many times you have tried ? Saurkraut...(making a face as I type it...) yuck, yuck, yuckity yuck...

2- Have you ever been camping before,and if so, did you enjoy it ? Yes I have been camping. Favorite type of camping was when I was doing SCA camping (Society for Creative Anacronism) More fun in costume.

3- Favorite popsicle flavor ? Fudgesicle, non chocolate flavor, Orange Dreamsicle.

4-If one of us was coming to visit your town,what one thing would you make sure and take them to see before they left ? In Seattle, the Space Needle, on the island here, Granny's Attic, in Port Orchard, Debbie Macomber's Yarn Shop.

5- Something you really DREAD doing,but you do it anyhow . I dread going to the doctor for ANYTHING. But I go when I absolutely have to. I know I should go more regularly...

6-Your favorite fruit ? Bananas

7- A food you have never tasted ? Rattlesnake meat...

8- Ugliest piece of furniture you currently own or have owned in the past ? I have had this set of shelves (that hold the tv downstairs, I'll post a pic)post-2629-135897630684_thumb.jpg It likes nice in the picture, but that's because I did the whole "theater curtain" look on it. Anyway, I've had this (censor) thing since an ex best friend moved it down to California with her, then moved back up here two weeks later and left it behind. I actually hate this thing with a passion, but because it's usable (it's held my tvs now for over 20 years) it's hard to part with. I have tried, only to be talked back into keeping it...I have painted it, I have textured it, but the theater curtain look works the best. And because of that, it lives with us another day.

9- How HONEST are you ? If you saw the neighbor lady entertaining men every day after her husband left for work,would you tell him, or talk to her, or neither ? What would talking to her or her husband have to do with being honest? If one of them ASKED me about what was going on, then that would be a matter of honesty...and even then, would it really be my place to say anything? It's my personal opinion that this is one of those questions that could be a trick question or even a no win, between a rock and a hard place question. It's definitely a no win because if the situation really is that the woman is cheating on her husband and I go and tell him, the consequences are always that the messenger loses. The husband is angry all around the block...even if he suspected something, the person that tells him the truth rarely gets his gratitude even later on when the wounds heal. If it really bothered me, the best I could do would be to approach the woman, ask her directly (and at that point I would have to not care what the consequences would be for all concerned) and then tell her point blank that either she tell her husband or I would...but more than likely I would think that it is absolutely NONE OF MY BUSINESS and unless I saw her or him beating the crap out of each other in broad daylight out in the street, I would not get involved.

10 - Prettiest wedding you have ever seen ? I was going to say the Royal Wedding of Charles and Diana, but it was really another of the European royal weddings (I think Belgium back I can't remember now, let me find another picture-next post) the bride looked so in love with the groom....melted my heart...

11- A singer you don't think really matches the voice ? Jim Nabors (Gomer Pyle)

12 - Somebody famous who always makes you laugh ? Robin Williams

13 - What reality tv show do you think you'd have a chance of winning ? None

14 - How many hours a week do you spend watching tv ? And what show do you NEVER miss ? More than I probably should, although lately haven't been turning on the set until late afternoon.

15 - Have you ever stopped to help a homeless person by giving them money or food ? Yes...and once got a stern talking to from a cop about that very thing.

16 - What is the single biggest event you think you have witnessed so far in your lifetime ? Neil Armstrong walking on the moon in 1969, followed by the fall of the Berlin wall...and of course 9/11

17 - What is something that EVERY American should know ? They should know the community they live in, who their local, state and federal representatives are...they should know if they live under the local jurisdiction of a city with a mayor or are they under the jurisdiction of the county alone. They should know their state capitol and who their governor is.

18 - what color of yarn do you think you use the most of,and what color would you never use ? I don't think there's a color I wouldn't use per se...but at the moment I seem to be on a real red kick.

19- Tell of a time when you think "somebody up there is trying to TELL me something ?" I was suspended without pay from my job for 2 weeks...the first few days every single time I turned on the tv, or picked up a book or magazine, the subject was God...I wasn't trying to go out of my way to find God, just whatever I landed on or caught my attention was God...after the 5th time of this, I looked up at the ceiling and said, "Okay, I get it..." and turned my boat around right then and there and started reading stuff I had in my book shelf and began the long journey of living a different way of life.

20- The scariest thing that has ever happened to you ? The first thing that comes to mind was when I was one week shy of turning 18 and driving my new to me car from school to work, turned a turn in the road a little too fast and rolled the car 3 times. Wasn't wearing a seatbelt and the way the car rolled, had I been I might not be writing this now. There are exceptions to the rule...but I landed upside down and had the wherewithall to turn the engine off. I technically walked away...had a few cuts, scratches, massive bruises on my legs from the steering wheel, head felt like Alice after she drank the potion (or ate the mushroom) it felt 10 sizes bigger than usual. Totally understood from that point on about "life flashing before one's eyes..." When the car rolled it felt like it was taking an hour before it came to a complete stop, but it was less than a minute. What really scared me more though was fearing the outfall from my grandmother when she'd learned of the accident. I freaked when I saw her at the hospital, but she was so scared that I was either dead, gonna be dead or severely wounded that she was good to me for 3 days and once she knew I was okay, then she let me have it with both barrels.

1- What food would you say you absolutely CANNOT make taste good, no matter how many times you have tried ?

Grilled cheese. Never made on that wasnt black on one side .

2- Have you ever been camping before,and if so, did you enjoy it ?

Yep,grew up camping, went many times before the kids thought they were "too old" and didnt like going anymore .

3- Favorite popsicle flavor ? Blueberry

4-If one of us was coming to visit your town,what one thing would you make sure and take them to see before they left ? The old church in our cemetery . We dont have very many famous things to see in our town, but it is pretty .

5- Something you really DREAD doing,but you do it anyhow .

Mammograms

6-Your favorite fruit ? Apples

7- A food you have never tasted ? Macaroni salad,potato salad,cole slaw, sauerkraut, ketchup,mustard ,tomatoes .... I could go on longer but I will stop here .

8- Ugliest piece of furniture you currently own or have owned in the past ? About 25 years ago we had a BRIGHT GREEN NEON couch . I like green,but not that color in a couch .

9- How HONEST are you ? If you saw the neighbor lady entertaining men every day after her husband left for work,would you tell him, or talk to her, or neither ? This happened --one of my best friends . I talked to her about it,but she continued .Felt so sorry for her husband. He was a good guy ,and the whole town knew it before one of his friends told him. He came home from work early that day,crying. Divorce soon followed. SHE wanted it ,he didnt . The other guy was married too.Their marriage ended too . Neither one ended up staying with each other,they both moved on to other people .

10 - Prettiest wedding you have ever seen ? Lady Di & Charles.

Can't wait to see their son's !!!

11- A singer you don't think really matches the voice ?

Ozzy Osbourne.

12 - Somebody famous who always makes you laugh ? Rodney Dangerfield, PeeWee Herman

13 - What reality tv show do you think you'd have a chance of winning ? Maybe Big Brother if all the youngsters in the house would trust me enough to let me stay ,instead of tossing me out since I would be so much older .I like studying people,and trying to figure them out,so it would be fun .

14 - How many hours a week do you spend watching tv ? And what show do you NEVER miss ? Maybe 8 or 10 hours per week . Biggest Loser - LOVE that show .

15 - Have you ever stopped to help a homeless person by giving them money or food ? Let's say I have ATTEMPTED to. If Sam is in the car, absolutely not . He thinks they will hurt me . I always give them money when they come to our house though .

16 - What is the single biggest event you think you have witnessed so far in your lifetime ? Getting to hear speeches from JFK and MLK -- such inspirational people !

17 - What is something that EVERY American should know ?

The words to our anthem,and how to read and speak English .

18 - what color of yarn do you think you use the most of,and what color would you never use ? Probably HAVE used green the most,black the least .

19- Tell of a time when you think "somebody up there is trying to TELL me something ?" Maybe when I was given a drug after having our last baby that I was allergic to,and actually WATCHING them take care of me from over top of the bed. My Doc, ER Doc, nurses all around the bed ,crash cart in the room ,Sam standing outside the door .(they had called him back in from home during the night) . I could WATCH and HEAR everything . Very peaceful feeling . Not sure what I was supposed to learn . Maybe to not take life for granted because it is short ,so try to remember that every day is a gift . :think

20- The scariest thing that has ever happened to you ? Getting a bad mammogram result back,then WAITING for the biopsy results. Torture .

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8BZuHDlwyaqMNw

Hopefully this will work...this is the Prince and Princess (I think from Belgium) on their wedding day about 10 or so years ago...

Yep, I was right, Belgium...more about that wedding...

http://www.stylelist.com/2011/02/11/great-royal-weddings-crown-prince-phillipe-of-belgium-marries-p/

LeAnna

Sorry I HAVE to laugh at the tv stand -- gotta admit, it is quite an object of notice ...

And wow, the car wreck sounds REALLY awful ! They are so scarey. Here one minute, gone the next .

Are you laughing at the story of the tv stand or the theater curtains? Seriously the thing is horrid without them...

Yeah, it is a focal point to be sure...

post-2629-135897630751_thumb.jpg

If you look at this picture from last December, I have ties on the sides and above the tv I put in a small shelf to hold my crystal clock and some other odds and ends...which made the unit look better than ever. I think my ex friend's husband built this thing but I personally don't think he did a good job. The shelves rest on some dowels and if you are trying to put a heavy tv on it, that was an adventure...the shelves were spaced too far apart and just putting things on the shelves was difficult because nothing would ever look nice and neat. At least with the curtains, you can hid the dvds, videos and other stuff...

I don't know what their original intention was with the shelves, but it's always been my tv or entertainment unit...

Hi Jude

Sounds as if me and you had at least one of the same goals, hitting the grocery store.

Do any of you guys do this : You have like 5 things on your list,and you bring home 55 ???

only when I shop alone:lol:lol:lol:lol

Her's some pics...lapghans (used up stash of Homespun)and Sparkie on his baby blanket (towel from breeder)

post-8552-135897630758_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897630763_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897630767_thumb.jpg

only when I shop alone:lol:lol:lol:lol

Her's some pics...lapghans (used up stash of Homespun)and Sparkie on his baby blanket (towel from breeder)

Awwww (on Sparkie...)

Julie, you are so not alone about the shopping...I do that all the time.

Hi there Miss Tam

Wow, you must be the fastest crocheter that side of the Mississippi !!! You sure can crank out those rr's !! Love the pink one,it is so pretty ! Thanks sweetie!!! Round Ripples are the pattern I use for Prayer Blankets and my quick to fall to pattern when in need of a quick blanket.

I like solid colored round ripples alot.

When does your moms' sweater need to be done,and what color are you making it ? I need to get it done by June. Its Simply Soft "plum wine"

Good to see you again ,and thanks for swooping in ! You are just like a little hummingbird. Bright colored, happy and speedy as all get out !!! hehehe... thats me :D

** Were your older kids into sports too, or just your younger ones ? yep... the two older boys were only into baseball... my daughter did softball... cheerleading.. dance team... show choir.. and band.

JULIE---I mean FBI agent! lol- where do you come up with these questions????

TAM----LOVE your blankets---I'm an ORANGE lover and a bright PINK---lovin the orange one- I want to try one out!

Thanks hon!

I hope I dont end up hating orange after all the prayer blankets and chemo caps I make.... LOL

I love making Round Ripples... they are my 'fall back pattern' for needing a blanket in a hurry!

LeAnna

Well, with the tv stand ,I'm not sure what it looks like with the curtains off. It did look nice at Christmas with your tree there beside it .

I'm sure as long as it serves the purpose of holding up the tv, thats what matters .

And I forgot to ask -regarding the saurkraut :

Now this is just a hillbilly's guess,but isnt saurkraut a very popular german dish,and does your husband like it ?

Jude

Beautiful blankets there ,and your pup is looking content too !

Tam

I bet your mom's sweater will be pretty . I like that color and the SS is great for sweaters --nice and soft .

OK Ladies

1- What food would you say you absolutely CANNOT make taste good, no matter how many times you have tried ?

most desserts!

2- Have you ever been camping before,and if so, did you enjoy it ?

I love camping..in my 27' self contained travel trailer with a 16' tip out..yeah! :lol

3- Favorite popsicle flavor ?

Banana!

4-If one of us was coming to visit your town,what one thing would you make sure and take them to see before they left ?

the farm... not much else here..ok Cowiche Creek Nursery if they love plants :D

5- Something you really DREAD doing,but you do it anyhow .

wash....

6-Your favorite fruit ?

Apple! (says the apple farmer)

7- A food you have never tasted ?

Lots of stuff I'm sure

a big brown chair I played cowboy (ok cowgirl sheesh) on as a kid..had it when I got married

9- How HONEST are you ? If you saw the neighbor lady entertaining men every day after her husband left for work,would you tell him, or talk to her, or neither ?

luckily I cannot see the neighbor's house..

ummm... didn't even see it..but some friends had been divorced for 6 years, they reconciled to the point they got re-married!! PTL!

11- A singer you don't think really matches the voice ?

My hubby...lol. Gruff bearded..had someone tell me once she didn't think that good a voice could come out of that scruffy face! :rofl

12 - Somebody famous who always makes you laugh ?

Bill Cosby

13 - What reality tv show do you think you'd have a chance of winning ?

Ummmm see below

14 - How many hours a week do you spend watching tv ? And what show do you NEVER miss ?

we don't

see above

15 - Have you ever stopped to help a homeless person by giving them money or food ?

I help homeless by giving extra produce to the mission, because I don't trust the panhandlers to really need anything

16 - What is the single biggest event you think you have witnessed so far in your lifetime ?

biggest..in size? ARBA National convention..lots of rabbits!

17 - What is something that EVERY American should know ?

18 - what color of yarn do you think you use the most of,and what color would you never use ?

blue? not sure!

I have a hard time with yellow. I've used it for a flower-ghan..but I sure have a hard time even buying yellow

19- Tell of a time when you think "somebody up there is trying to TELL me something ?"

Ongoing relationship..so He is always telling me something..now it's if I'm good at listening and doing!

20- The scariest thing that has ever happened to you ?

fell from 5' in the air and had a compound fracture (7 places) of my right wrist..yes I am right handed..and the doc said I'd never do anything "normally" with my right hand/wrist again...see what he knows?? :D

LeAnna

Well, with the tv stand ,I'm not sure what it looks like with the curtains off. It did look nice at Christmas with your tree there beside it .

I'm sure as long as it serves the purpose of holding up the tv, thats what matters .

And I forgot to ask -regarding the saurkraut :

Now this is just a hillbilly's guess,but isnt saurkraut a very popular german dish,and does your husband like it ?

Jude

Beautiful blankets there ,and your pup is looking content too !

Tam

I bet your mom's sweater will be pretty . I like that color and the SS is great for sweaters --nice and soft .

Saurkraut is a very popular German dish here in America...ironically, it's not on every German restaurant's menu...it's not that there aren't Germans in Germany who like it, but it's not as popular as schnitzel is...Harry likes saurkraut, but it's not his favorite...if it's placed in front of him, he'll eat it, but he won't go out of his way to get some. I refuse to cook it...hate the smell.

OK Ladies

1- What food would you say you absolutely CANNOT make taste good, no matter how many times you have tried ? Hominy and collard greens

2- Have you ever been camping before,and if so, did you enjoy it ? Been camping. Didn't get to enjoy it because DS was only about 2

3- Favorite popsicle flavor ? Grape and Watermelon

4-If one of us was coming to visit your town,what one thing would you make sure and take them to see before they left ? Rolling Hills Zoo/Wildlife Preserve

5- Something you really DREAD doing,but you do it anyhow . I absolutely HATE doing dishes.

6-Your favorite fruit ? Bananas

7- A food you have never tasted ? that list is rather long.

9- How HONEST are you ? If you saw the neighbor lady entertaining men every day after her husband left for work,would you tell him, or talk to her, or neither ? If I was asked about it I would tell him. Otherwise I might ask her if she thought it was a good idea to be so obvious about her escapades.

11- A singer you don't think really matches the voice ? Rick Astley

12 - Somebody famous who always makes you laugh ? Bill Engvall

13 - What reality tv show do you think you'd have a chance of winning ?

14 - How many hours a week do you spend watching tv ? And what show do you NEVER miss ? I don't watch TV. We don't have cable except for internet. I collect movies and TV shows on DVD. We have about 3000 if you count all the duplicates.

15 - Have you ever stopped to help a homeless person by giving them money or food ?

16 - What is the single biggest event you think you have witnessed so far in your lifetime ? let's see: 9/11, OKC bombing, Challenger explosion. All big events. But none bigger than the birth of my son.

17 - What is something that EVERY American should know ? where would you like me to start?

18 - what color of yarn do you think you use the most of,and what color would you never use ? Most would be black or white. I don't think there's any color I would never use.

20- The scariest thing that has ever happened to you ? When I was in the air force (I think I was about 17 at the time) I had just gotten off Charge of Quarters duty and was heading over to the Burger King on base. It was raining and storming pretty bad. Lightning struck the ground about two feet in front of me. I used to love storms but that changed everything. Now I pretty much fear them.

You guessed right about my age. I'll turn 40 this November.

I just got the "HOTTEST" picture of my man w/ his Valentines Day hat I sent to him! I don't know if you remember the orange and white hat I posted w/ me wearing a few weeks ago- Tennesee Vol's colors..... Mmmmm.....hmmmmm...... Says he's going to be here in the next week or two....tomorrow is my bday maybe I will get the bestest birthday surprise ever! However.....my doily isn't done----maybe for next time! He won't tell me when he is coming. I'm curious how he is going to get from the airport to here- lol he doesn't know anyone and we are 75 miles away....hmmmmm.......

Archived