Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Tam, congratulations to your boys! They had a great year.

Love the ghans too.

Judy, your lapghans are wonderful. Sparkle looks very comfortable and spoiled like all good fur babies are :smile

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

off to Fed Ex with my boxes to ship today. I sell raw dog/cat food and Monday is ship day. No snow here though they are talking about it for later this week with single digit temps again at night. I have to drive into NE Oregon this Friday and weather there can be nasty so will see how that goes!

Tab

You funny thing !!! Loved the birth control/crying baby scenario .

Are you sure you aint from OUR town ???

We're all a bunch of slow learners here ..... it takes us 6 or 8 times of peeing on the electric fence before we realize that it hurts and we probably shouldnt do it again .

:rofl :rofl :rofl sounds like you might be from 'round here or down the road a piece!!!

Joanne, work was good today. Will be ugly tomorrow because the new purchasing system they are having us use, well, it's been down for four days for an "upgrade" Now, this system just went "live" February 7th. We have all day and online classes to learn it...seems to me, if systems we were using weren't broke, they shouldn't "fix" them and make them "better" Yeah, for who? grrrrrrr...this one has a STEEP learning curve to it.

Well, think I've about caught up and today my eye(s) have been bothering me, so better get off here for the night and save them for work tomorrow!

Y'all don't get to chatty. Good night!

WOW ladies, a whole page of posts added while I was reading :eek Very busy here today. Work was the opposite, quite slow, but I got quite a bit of paperwork done :clap

Thanks for all your comments on my nephews and niece :manyheart The other sweater I made Madeline, the one with the matching booties and bonnet, is too big so she'll have that one for the fall :lol

I went to Michael's and had 3 colors to choose from that had enough for my sweater so I chose the blue/brown/cream varigated and am excited about it. Mary gave me $20 and asked me to pick her up some of the charisma too since it was on sale. So I was getting her 8 skeins and remembered my 25% off coupon so picked her up 2 more of the immpecable, she'll be soooo surprised tomorrow when she gets some extra :lol

Judy - great lapghans :yes

Kiyo - Welcome home :D

Tam - Beautiful blankets :yay

Cheeria - :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug If you do decide you need to vent a bit, we're here for you in the forum and off the forum, and if you don't want to vent, guess what......we're still here for you to give you lots of :hug :hug :hug

Joanne - I totally can't believe you called me Melissa :think:rofl

OK, I narrowed down my individuals alot because I want to settle in for the night and do my guage swatch for my sweater :bounce

I went to Michael's and had 3 colors to choose from that had enough for my sweater so I chose the blue/brown/cream varigated and am excited about it. Mary gave me $20 and asked me to pick her up some of the charisma too since it was on sale. So I was getting her 8 skeins and remembered my 25% off coupon so picked her up 2 more of the immpecable, she'll be soooo surprised tomorrow when she gets some extra :lol

Joanne - I totally can't believe you called me Melissa :think:rofl

I totally can't believe I called you Melissa either:eek What is my brain doing to me?????:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Glad you found some yarn that you are happy with- and yes, Mary is going to be very surprised with the bonus yarn!!!

Happy hooking tonight MARISA

Joanne, work was good today. Will be ugly tomorrow because the new purchasing system they are having us use, well, it's been down for four days for an "upgrade" Now, this system just went "live" February 7th. We have all day and online classes to learn it...seems to me, if systems we were using weren't broke, they shouldn't "fix" them and make them "better" Yeah, for who? grrrrrrr...this one has a STEEP learning curve to it.

The project that I was assigned to at work was converting our old system to a new system. There are lots of learning curves involved. Sometimes what we don't know about a system (the if it ain't broke, don't fix it train of thought) is because the system that is currently being used is limited. I thought the same thing initially but discovering all that the old system couldn't do, made me understand the new system and its potential so much more. I think the hardest thing for most of the employees is that they don't understand the WHY of a change- and if they did, it would be easier to make the change. Don't know if that made any sense, but communication is very key with any major system 'upgrade' or change.

Have a good night and rest your eyes!!

And since I'm calling people by the wrong name,(sorry again Marisa):hug I think I should call it a night soon and get some sleep!!!

See you in the morning!

Questionnaire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK Ladies

Time to drop another set of questions in here :

1- What food would you say you absolutely CANNOT make taste good, no matter how many times you have tried ? OK, if we're talking about something that I can't make well, but not necessarily something I don't enjoy.............it's GRAVY!!!! :eek I cannot make non-lumpy gravy for the life of me :blush

2- Have you ever been camping before,and if so, did you enjoy it ? I've gone in an rv twice, but I don't count that as camping, so nope :(

3- Favorite popsicle flavor ? orangcicle or cherry

4-If one of us was coming to visit your town,what one thing would you make sure and take them to see before they left ? To my hometown, I'd take you to the historic coal mining town and Philly, depends who you are :lol Some ladies might prefer the sports arenas/stadiums, someone else might prefer the liberty bell and ben franklin house, and someone else might prefer the art museum :think

5- Something you really DREAD doing,but you do it anyhow . Vacuuming and cleaning the shower/bathtub

6-Your favorite fruit ? Pineapple

7- A food you have never tasted ? Chitlins

8- Ugliest piece of furniture you currently own or have owned in the past ? We used to have an awful mustard colored sofa set when I was younger.

9- How HONEST are you ? If you saw the neighbor lady entertaining men every day after her husband left for work,would you tell him, or talk to her, or neither ? Heck no!!! I am not involved. Well, it may depend on my relationship with them, but my general rule is I'm not involved and it's not my place to say something to either of them. That is their personal life. Hey, if the guy's a hottie, maybe I'd reel him in for myself :rofl

10 - Prettiest wedding you have ever seen ?

11- A singer you don't think really matches the voice ?

12 - Somebody famous who always makes you laugh ? The 3 stooges :rofl

13 - What reality tv show do you think you'd have a chance of winning ? Not a trivia one, nor singing, nor dancing....:think

14 - How many hours a week do you spend watching tv ? And what show do you NEVER miss ? I always have the tv on while I crochet and usually catching up on my dvr....there are alot of shows I don't miss thanks to that wonderful invention :manyheart

15 - Have you ever stopped to help a homeless person by giving them money or food ? Before I lived in NY yes, after no.

16 - What is the single biggest event you think you have witnessed so far in your lifetime ? 9-11 and I was sitting in my orientation the day before chiropractic school was to begin for me. Needless to say, my class never got oriented :(

17 - What is something that EVERY American should know ? I like the other answers :D

18 - what color of yarn do you think you use the most of,and what color would you never use ? I don't know....I like odd and vibrant colors, not so much of the dreary ones

19- Tell of a time when you think "somebody up there is trying to TELL me something ?"There's been many, but again I'm so bad at remembering things like this on cue :(

20- The scariest thing that has ever happened to you ? I've been quite lucky, I'll have to go with a car accident on the interstate in a HUGE snow storm in March 1999. And during my travels they ended up calling a state of emergency and I didn't even know it.

I totally can't believe I called you Melissa either:eek What is my brain doing to me?????:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Glad you found some yarn that you are happy with- and yes, Mary is going to be very surprised with the bonus yarn!!!

Happy hooking tonight MARISA

The project that I was assigned to at work was converting our old system to a new system. There are lots of learning curves involved. Sometimes what we don't know about a system (the if it ain't broke, don't fix it train of thought) is because the system that is currently being used is limited. I thought the same thing initially but discovering all that the old system couldn't do, made me understand the new system and its potential so much more. I think the hardest thing for most of the employees is that they don't understand the WHY of a change- and if they did, it would be easier to make the change. Don't know if that made any sense, but communication is very key with any major system 'upgrade' or change.

And since I'm calling people by the wrong name,(sorry again Marisa):hug I think I should call it a night soon and get some sleep!!!

See you in the morning!

It's cool girlie :hug I couldn't pass up the opportunity to pick on you a bit :lol I knew the instant I saw it that you had a long day :yes

Yes, then I have to work Wed, and Thurs., and then I get a long weekend off.

Hope the roads are better for you tomorrow morning! I have to work late Wed and Thur and then off the weekend, but next Monday begins my LAST 12 day work week since I'm working next weekend!

Well ladies

I think we have almost achieved a feat which I have only seen one other time,and that is the time my mother in law talked so much her false teeth caught fire .

(Not for real,but they could have MELTED ,they were CLACKING so much)

My gosh,was she a yakker !!! When she got on a roll, it sounded like one of them spanish dancers with them little CLACKER gadgets .

Nosey ? Wow, she makes me look like one of them monks who take a vow of silence.(which to ME would be the ultimate nightmare ) .

There sure was a lot of action in here yesterday,but I like it like that . :D

Anyhow,thanks to everyone who posted and answered the questions. We'll do another batch of them one of these days when the mood hits me .

Well, we have enough snow out there to make a preachercuss again .

I dont know about the rest of you but I am majorly sick of this crap . It can warm up ANY TIME now .

Nothing else new to report here, other than I am watching the school closing list ,because Cam will be here if it is,but I am thinking possibly 2 hour delay at most. Our street looks like it has been scraped,so if it is,then most of the town roads would be . We live on a real short road ,so it is one of the last they do much to .

Well, I'm off for a bit to grumble to Sam before he leaves for work. Maybe THAT is why he ever misses work, even if he is sick. It's easier to go there ,than stay here listening to me yak all day .:lol

Good morning to all!!!

I am majorly sick of winter too Julie (but then I think about the hot/humid summer and how I'll be wishing for a little cold) I really am all about the spring and fall temps (if they behave like they are supposed to):yes

The only bright spot in all the cold and snow and dreary gray days, is it is better than the poor folks in New Zealand who have just suffered another earthquake! My prayers and thoughts go out to them. My niece spent 6 mos in New Zealand while in college and the pictures she took were amazing.

So on that note, I'm off to get ready for another day in Paradise. I started another baby ghan last evening- using the same stitch as the 9patch I just finished except I am making it in one piece- and am contemplating doing stripes of different colors- or maybe just adding a stripe of white every 5-6 rows or so- or a stripe of green, or yellow- :think I'll think on that today.......

Thank you all for making "our house" a 'Home":hug:hug:hug

See you in the morning!

I understand the benefits of the new system and what it can do, what I don't understand is when you call the war room and I know more than the "super users" do!!!! I don't call unless I'm having issues, this system has lot of those, that I can't "fix" myself. Someone called one of the super users and they told them quote "Oh, I don't do those, check with Toni she does"

Anyway, it's a job and I love my job normally. Right now, I can't be without a job.

Which, it's almost time to log on, so better get more :coffee

Good morning ladies :coffee

I'm having my coffee with you and am then going to exercise a bit :yes Then I'll get ready for my day and be back again with my bfast :lol

Not too busy yet this morning, but I know it will get crazy later during the day and I'll have a ton to read when I get home tonight :lol

Julie - We got snow last night too, but only a few inches, not much. That dancing is called Flamenco :D

Joanne - I also am all about the spring/fall temps :manyheart I did my swatch and it came out the right size :yay My edges are a smidge loose though so might do just a bit of practicing before getting the sweater started :think And again, I love you no matter what you call me.....as long as it's not late to dinner!!!! :rofl

Toni - It's so nice that you get to work from home :yay Enjoy your day and I hope everything goes smoothly :D

I took a pic of the yarn I picked up for my sweater, I'll take a pic of mary's yarn at work since I left it in the car :lol And, here is the link to the pattern that I'm hopeful this yarn will become :xfin

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70084AD.html?r=1

post-36814-135897630951_thumb.jpg

Good morning. I am another who is sick of winter! My preference is for fall, warm days, but cooler nights, and not as wet as our springs can be.

Julie, we did not get much additional snow last night. Hope that you have fun with Cam if he gets to spend some time with you.

Toni, we are always getting computer updates at work too. Most times they eventually do more than the old program, but quite often the problems that they bring are not anticipated, and therefore are not worked out in advance. All of our patient records are computerized, so when the system doesn't work, it poses a risk to patients.

Marisa, nice yarn. Which sweater pattern are you doing?

Joanne, have a good day in paradise. Your new baby blanket sounds nice.

Hi there Joanne

Yep, I know what you mean, I dont like the super hot weather either,but most summer days here are tolerable temperatures. ANYTHING sounds good now. They did cancel school,so Cam will be here all day .We have about 8 inches of snow on the ground .

!@#$%^$$#@!

Marisa

Love the yarn and pattern,cant wait to see how it turns out !

Hi Cindy

Yep, I think you guys may have lucked out in this storm ,I think it hit further south than you. We were kind of on the border of the storm ,but unluckily ,we were on the WRONG side of the border .

Cam is here, but is in a less than good mood today, so I'll have to see what to do to remedy that . He brought up a new Harry Potter game, we put it all together ,and he proceeded to lose ( it's kinda like a one-person obstacle course thing...so he is ticked off at that already .)

I think I have one more game in the cupboard for him that is new, so will dig that out in a bit and see if he is better at that . If not, there's always his computer games and movies .

Wrennie

Your afghan is very pretty ! Thanks for sharing the photo .

Archived