Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi ladies. I had the best day at work today! Loved my patients and their families. I'm off until next Monday now.

Mary, yes, I'm doing Christmas dinner. DD will bring something and dinner won't be fancy. I have to work the 24th, 26th and 27th, so I'm not planning to overdo on the 25th. I have a spiral sliced ham in the freezer. They are already fully cooked, so it only needs to be heated. For Thanksgiving, we carved it all off the bone before we heated it and it worked great. No mess or bother when dinner guests are there!

I ordered myself a carpet cleaner yesterday. Guess what I'm going to be doing after the holidays? I've had one before and liked not having to do the whole house at once, like I did when I rented one.

Anyhow, dinner is ready...

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Cindy ~ I'm not sure if I've ever told you how much I admire you for being a nurse. With our families, friends and ourselves, we have been so fortunate to have had incredible doctors and nurses and wonderful care.  Thank you. :manyheart 

I remember asking for a Bissel carpet cleaner for Christmas years ago...no one took be seriously, so I ended up buying one. :lol

Have a good evening, friends.  ♥♥♥

:hug    :birthday    :bday  Judy,    :bday    :birthday    :hug

Boy the temps are sure much colder this week, and after the last few weeks in the mid to upper 50s, the 30s and low 40s feels awfully cold.  I went with GS and DD to his last session of swimming today and he passed to the next level.   :cheer   That was one happy boy!

I goofed up on the 6th of the cowls and had to pull out about 6 rows and fix the error.  I'm past where I messed up and am on track again.  Yay!   :clap Two more to go after this one, but they don't have to be mailed and the first 6 do.  I may actually have time to work up the bunny for the owner of the LY&FS.  If there is time I'm going to make a different one for GS for Christmas, too.  In fact, I will probably work on his first.  One of the cowls is for DD.  Her gifts are electronic ones, so at least she will have something under the tree.

Marlene, isn't that just like a man to forget his doctor appointments in planning things?  Glad you are on top of everything.  Hope this bug doesn't get too bad.

Hope you all have a good evening.   :manyheart

Good morning house!

Happy Happy Birthday Judy!  I hop that it was a good one! :hug  :hug Your scarf look fabulous!  I love the color combo, so very nice.

Linda-Your fur babies are just so sweet and loving.  It's amazing how they add so much fun and laughter to our lives.  

Cindy-oohhh laaa laaa enjoy your days off!  Your dinner sounds delish!

Marlene-sorry to hear that you are not feeling well.  Feel better soon.   :hug

Joanne-miss you, but know that you are one busy lady.  

Mary-how ya doing?

Michelle-yes mam!  I am completely overwhelmed and beside myself.  I do not have one single gift wrapped.  

My family was supposed to decorate on Saturday, they put up the tree, no ornaments..nothing.  I was so shocked as I usually go all out.  I finally convinced them to add a few ornaments, but the tree is so pitiful looking.  Dh took the Christmas decorations out without grabbing the stockings.  I was completely heartbroken as I love Christmas, it's my favorite time of year.  He felt badly and went out and found two of the ugliest stockings he could find..none for us.  I have a white crochet table runner that I have used for the last 18 years..you all are not going to believe what he did?  He put it under the tree!  That seriously tossed my patience over the edge, I had him pick up the entire tree so that I could remove it.  

I told him lesson learned I will never ever ask them to help decorate.  :ohdear  I pulled out my dining room holiday tablecloth and festive placemats, the kitchen/dining area looks more festive.  I also pulled out some of my snowmen to decorate some more, I feel better and can even laugh about it a little.   :lol​ 

This morning I emailed my letter of resignation for the Chamber, I was a Board member but after the last meeting I just felt it was better for me to part ways as I have so much other stuff to do.  I wish them the best but am looking forward to the New Year with less stress and more family time.

Hope you are all having a great day, hugs!

Good afternoon to everyone.  It's official.  We have dropped 20* in 2 days with the temperature.  It is now all the way up to 37*, which wouldn't be so bad except for the north wind that is whipping things around like mad.  My ability to walk is improving in both speed and distance.  I clocked in 2/3 of a mile in 15 minutes which is a vast improvement over about 1/3 of a mile in 15 to 20 minutes not that long ago.  Sweet Pea is loving the longer walks.  I don't know how it will go when there is snow and ice out there.  Time will tell.

Oh, LeeAnn, that is awful about the family and how they helped decorate for this year.  Some people just don't get it.  

I've had my little tree up for about a week, but it isn't yet plugged in or decorated.  This morning I was very glad of that.  It's lying on its side in the middle of the livingroom.  Poor thing.  I know that the culprit is Snicklefritz.  Sweet Pea can't get to it.  One of the reasons I hadn't put the decorations on it was for that very reason.   :P   I am going to get it plugged in, but the decorations may have to wait a year until Snicklefritz is a bit older and calmer.  He's been racing all over today with his tail at maximum fluff out and going at speeds that have him skidding a bit on the parts with linoleum.  Crazy kitty.   :lol

Wishing you all a good day.   :hug

Good afternoon ladies. It's cold, dreary and raining here. I'm actually cold, which is unusual for me.

I haven't actually accomplished much today. The grandkids came over this morning and stayed for lunch. Then I went over to MILs assisted living for their Christmas open house. I just got home and it's nearly time to start dinner.

Tomorrow I plan to bake cookies and make those ranch ham roll ups again. We are going to my family Christmas in Canada on Friday, and I'm supposed to bring two appetizers and a dessert. I got a fancy cake from a local restaurant as a bonus when buying gift certificates yesterday. It was frozen when I got it, so I just popped it in the freezer when I got home, and I will take that along as my dessert contribution,making with the cookies. I think I'm just going to make a cheese and fruit tray for my other contribution.

Hope you are all having a good day.

Thanks so much for the good wishes, my friends! Yesterday I spent time over brunch with my goddaughter (who shares my birthday) and her mom, who joined us this time. It's a long standing tradition. Tomorrow is lunch with my son, just the two of us. Another tradition for my birthday. Tomorrow night is my neighborhood book club's holiday party. Busy week...lol!

Linda, we had a cat evened were kids...my mom attached ribbon to a big tack in the wall to anchor it. The cat always loved climbing the tree.

Good morning House!

Cindy-your dishes sound just perfect!  I need to get on the ball and call the inlaws to see what they would like me to bring, most likey desert and stuffing.   :lol

Judy-so glad that you had a wonderful birthday, it's always nice spending time with our loved ones. 

Linda-isn't it cute when the kittens have their tails fluffed out?  Our cat Skippy is quite a character.  He has been upset with us since Thanksgiving as we had to leave him home, my in-laws came over and checked on him but he's still upset.  He has a bad case of the "naughties"  he never jumped on the furniture but lately when he comes in, he is just naughty naughty.  I told him this morning that Santa would not bring him any gifts if he kept it up.   :rofl

It is super cold here, it was a frigid 11 F when I left the house this morning, I think it has warmed up to 17F.  I have started dressing in layers, helps keep me kinda warm.   :lol

Caught up with all online orders with the exception of the 600 mini star soaps.  I will start those in January.  Feels good to take a tiny break.  Back to work, hugs! :ghug

Good morning ladies. There's a winter storm warning here today. We are planning to go to Ontario to celebrate Christmas with my family. Guess we will see what the weather brings.

Judy, that is such a cute spa basket! Lucky friend.

Christmas shopping is done, finally, just a few things left to wrap.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hello everyone!!

Well still trying to knock out the BIG to-do list! LOL!  I hope everyone is having better success at it than I am...  :)

Mary - I know what you mean about as long as the grandkids are happy! Hope you are

feeling much better!

Cindy - boy your hands are full! I remember working and only being off for Christmas Day and cooking for all the family to be at home.. There is no way I could do that now.  :no 

But it sounds like you have it well planned out and I know you will enjoy! Congratulations on your "gift to yourself"! I have been seeing the infocommercials on the robotic vacumn cleaner and think "one day- Yes!!"

Linda - I know your cowl gifts are probably beautiful and they will be nice gifts for their recipients! I hope you show them to us!

LeeAnn - you sound so much like me! If my family decorated for me I can only imagine!! and yes all the boxes are still in the floor.. I am late getting started this morning because my body is kind of feeling the effects of so much running and the stress! I'm beginning to think some of the things I really think are so important are not really that important after all.....

Judy - it sounds like you had such a nice birthday.. :) and i love the basket and the way you made the spa gift!! I know it will be a hit!!

Sounds like the weather has reallly stepped it up everywhere! It is so weird here so far, even for the South. Yesterday was finally a little chilly, and today will be the same with high about 54*.  and we have only had about 4 days like this so far for the winter year... I do not like cold, mind you, it makes me hurt so badly.. but I know we need some for the next spring and summer..

Well, I just wanted to say quick hello before I go tackling everything around here...

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and hello to those I  missed!!

Good Morning!  Yep, I'm still playing catch-up. That seems to be my new normal these days. Lol  Everyone sounds busy! 

Cindy ~ I hope the weather cooperates for you while you're on the road!

Judy ~ The basket is lovely!  I recently started crocheting a basket with thick yarn and my hands got very sore, so I may just frog it.

Marlene ~ I hope you are all okay and getting ready for the new baby's 1st Christmas. :c9

And Hi to everyone at the House. :manyheart

DD is bringing the boys by about 8:30 so she and Sil can do some shopping together.  I made some cookie dough so they can cut out and decorate sugar cookies.  I may regret this... :lol   I'm already so far behind, that I've decided to only do what's really important!

Both boys had their Christmas programs yesterday.  I don't think I've ever laughed so much - so cute and so entertaining. :yes

Have a wonderful day.  I'll try and get pictures of the cookie mess. ;)

Thanks, my friends....she loves purple, BTW...lol!

Cindy, I hope you get to see your family!

Mary, working with cotton of any weight means I have to take alot of breaks. My hands usually hurt a bit normally, so I always have to do things other that crocheting so it isn't really bad.

I'm finishing an edging for the patchwork baby ghan. Then I want to make a remote caddy for the arm of my recliner. I don't have a table nearby so I will use it all the time.

I started the Paris ghan a couple of weeks ago but other thngs have gotten in the way of working on it,as you can see...soon.....

It's adorable, Judy! :clap   I love how the joining looks...how did you do it?  You are always so good at color placement. :yes

We had a lot of fun with the boys.  They didn't stay interested in cookie making for long, so I finished baking and decorating and then they were happy to eat way too many.  :lol 

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. :manyheart

Wow, Joanne, you have been busy! Nice work! Are those all gifts?

Our trip to Canada was pretty scary. It was slippery and snowing. A trip that ordinarily takes around 4 hours, took over seven. Still we made it there and back safely, and we enjoyed ourselves. I worked today, it's busy as usual. I am off until the 24th now.

We are going to a surprise 60th birthday party this evening. Monday seems to be an odd night for that, but I guess at this time of year, most people are already booked up on weekends.

I am ready for Christmas. I still haven't finished that crocheted cowl, but it's for dh. If I don't finish it on time, it won't matter.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Cindy, I'm so glad you had a safe trip!

Joanne, what a wonderful stack of gifts! Great job!

Mary, you're so lucky the boys are close by. They must be so funny together...like Joanne's grandsons.

And I took out a big pad of paper when I had the squares finished and worked out the placement that way. With a pencil...lol!

Good evening to everyone.  I cannot believe that Christmas is this week.  The cowls are almost done.  One left to crochet and tails to hide on all of them.  :P  The last time I was on, cyberspace ate my post not once, but twice.   ​I'm hoping for better luck this time.  All the gifts are bought and mostly made.  Still have to finish, wrap, and mail the 6 cowls that are heading out of town.  The weather is supposed to be in the upper 30s to lower 40s through the end of the week.  Warm for this time of year, but we'll happily take it.

Good afternoon ladies. It's cold, dreary and raining here. I'm actually cold, which is unusual for me.

I haven't actually accomplished much today. The grandkids came over this morning and stayed for lunch. Then I went over to MILs assisted living for their Christmas open house. I just got home and it's nearly time to start dinner.

Tomorrow I plan to bake cookies and make those ranch ham roll ups again. We are going to my family Christmas in Canada on Friday, and I'm supposed to bring two appetizers and a dessert. I got a fancy cake from a local restaurant as a bonus when buying gift certificates yesterday. It was frozen when I got it, so I just popped it in the freezer when I got home, and I will take that along as my dessert contribution,making with the cookies. I think I'm just going to make a cheese and fruit tray for my other contribution.
Hope you are all having a good day.

Your food sounds so good, Cindy.

Hi, peeps. Here's the Lacy Basket pattern from Willow Yarns. I filled it with Spa stuff for a friend

Judy, it's gorgeous!  :yay  I'm sure she'll love it.

Good Morning!  Yep, I'm still playing catch-up. That seems to be my new normal these days. Lol  Everyone sounds busy! 

Cindy ~ I hope the weather cooperates for you while you're on the road!

Judy ~ The basket is lovely!  I recently started crocheting a basket with thick yarn and my hands got very sore, so I may just frog it.

Marlene ~ I hope you are all okay and getting ready for the new baby's 1st Christmas. :c9

And Hi to everyone at the House. :manyheart

DD is bringing the boys by about 8:30 so she and Sil can do some shopping together.  I made some cookie dough so they can cut out and decorate sugar cookies.  I may regret this... :lol   I'm already so far behind, that I've decided to only do what's really important!

Both boys had their Christmas programs yesterday.  I don't think I've ever laughed so much - so cute and so entertaining. :yes

Have a wonderful day.  I'll try and get pictures of the cookie mess. ;)

The grandkids are so very adorable at this age aren't they?  :c9

Finished the baby blanket

Judy, it's adorable.

Fly by to say hi. Been busy, busy, busy between working, Christmas gift making and sneezing in time with the boys. Now to get ready for work

Hugs to you all!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Take care of yourself, Joanne.  You have been one busy crochetter.  They look fabulous.

Wow, Joanne, you have been busy! Nice work! Are those all gifts?

Our trip to Canada was pretty scary. It was slippery and snowing. A trip that ordinarily takes around 4 hours, took over seven. Still we made it there and back safely, and we enjoyed ourselves. I worked today, it's busy as usual. I am off until the 24th now.

We are going to a surprise 60th birthday party this evening. Monday seems to be an odd night for that, but I guess at this time of year, most people are already booked up on weekends.

I am ready for Christmas. I still haven't finished that crocheted cowl, but it's for dh. If I don't finish it on time, it won't matter.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Cindy, I'm so glad you made it to and from Canada safely.  I remember making trips in some pretty rough weather when the kids

little and we were going to Grandma and Grandpa's house for the holidays.

I will be spending most of the rest of this week and next week at DD's house taking care of GS while mom's at work and enjoying the holidays with them.  We're hoping we don't have World War III when we introduce Snicklefritz to DD's cats.  It should be interesting to say the least.  :lol  ​  Plus we'll be bringing Sweet Pea along to add to the craziness. 

We had an extended family get together yesterday.  We had 8 kinds of soup and lots of snacks and desserts, too.  The kids were inundated with presents from everyone.  My Christmas swap mate got me some beautiful glass earrings.  In the Chinese gift swap I ended up with a foot warmer/vibrator.    My cold feet seem to be frozen most of the time in the winter, so it will be extra nice to have. 

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas.

Good morning House!!

I've been reading everyone's posts and I must say JOANN you did an outstanding job on all those scarves!! You are going to make a lot of folks happy this Christmas!!

I have been busier this Christmas than I ever remember!! I still do not have 1 present wrapped, house needs cleaning, I still have 5 bracelets to make and grocery list to get before all come for Christmas Eve to celebrate at my house!! ( I feel like i just sang the Partridge in a Pear tree song! :)  )

Anyway, if I don't get back on here before Christmas is over you all will know why!!

But I do want to wish everyone here a

VERY MERRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :ctree:sheepxmas

Hi Ladies, 

I still have my cough. We got a phone call saturday morning at 3am. They were doing emergency temporary pacemaker on my mil. She was taken by ambulance last tuesday to the hospital. They didn't find anything wrong so they sent her home. Friday she had a doctors appt for follow up. She had a spell there like she had tuesday. Her doctor checked her over and figured it must be her heart. She called him and he was at the hospital. So she went to the hospital. By the time we got there she was back to her room. They had problems with the temporary pacemaker. It was teethering back and forth. So the heart doctor said he was calling in a team and put a permanent pacemaker in. She is doing better on that end now. I just got a phone call from sil and she said mil is illusionating (ms). She was fine last night when I talked to her. Not sure what is going on. We will stop by tomorrow when were in town. Hubby has another appt at the pain clinic. 

We had my family Christmas dinner sunday. Maya came home with us. She's been helping grandma. I've been packing. Maya is going to help me wrap gifts.  I did get the baby's blanket made.His sweater is close to being done. 

We will be going to step daughters on Christmas Eve then on to Maya's. DS and the kids will come Christmas evening. We all will be saying the night then we will leave saturday morning for Texas. 

Judy, Sorry I missed your birthday. Happy Belated Birthday! All your projects are beautiful!

Joanne, You'e made some beautiful scarves and headbands. 

Just in case I don't make it back here I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

Good morning ladies. Still gloomy and unseasonably warm here.

I finished crocheting the hunters cowl for my dh last night. Just have to sew it up, weave in the ends and wrap it. I also made "make ahead" mashed potatoes and gravy for Christmas dinner yesterday. We are having ham for Christmas, so I was planning to make a hash brown casserole. However, yesterday my grandsons were saying how much they love mashed potatoes and gravy....so mashed potatoes it will be!

I am working on laundry at the moment. I got half the housework done yesterday, and plan to do the rest today.

Hope you all have a great day!

Just checking in, tomorrow is Christmas eve and both my children will be coming. Finished my baking today, made ambrosia cake and creme De Menthe brownies. Last week made lots and lots of cookies. Shopping and wrapping done. Still have last minute cleaning to do tomorrow.

I've been in a crocheting funk, hopefully after Christmas I'll feel like getting back to it. Also want to work on getting my knitting skills improved in the new year.

Probably won't get a chance to check in again before Christmas so I'm wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year!

Archived