Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Morning!  Slowly, but surely I will get caught up. ;)   Like Cindy, the cold is better but it's left me tired.  I've been reading posts and keeping up with you all. :manyheart

I have to be at the oral surgeon's at 9:30 for an x-ray and cleaning.  Keeping fingers crossed that the bone graft is working - If it doesn't we have to do this part over again.  Something is going on with Gracie since Monday :(   (not eating very much and a bit lethargic) so we take her to the vet at 4.  Another fun day!

Have a good Wednesday, everyone. ♥♥♥

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ladies. Still not over that darn cold, but it's a bit better every day. I'm just so tired! I went grocery shopping today and picked up a couple more Christmas gifts. I would have finished, but I left my .ist at home!

DDs invited me to go out shopping with them tonight. At first I said I would, but I think I'm going to pass. I'm already exhausted and it's only mid afternoon!

Friday evening is the first of the family Christmas parties. I need to bring cookies and an appetizer. I just finished making cookie dough. I plan to bake them tomorrow since I have to work Friday. I'm going to make ranch-ham roll ups tomorrow too.

I couldn't find any more jars to put the hand lotion into. I guess that means only DH's family will get hand lotion. I will have enough for my sister and sisters in law on my side but not nieces or nieces in law. It depends how many people show up tomorrow night. Making more hand lotion is next on my to do list......

Off I go, back to my list.....

Good Morning!  Slowly, but surely I will get caught up. ;)   Like Cindy, the cold is better but it's left me tired.  I've been reading posts and keeping up with you all. :manyheart

I have to be at the oral surgeon's at 9:30 for an x-ray and cleaning.  Keeping fingers crossed that the bone graft is working - If it doesn't we have to do this part over again.  Something is going on with Gracie since Monday :(   (not eating very much and a bit lethargic) so we take her to the vet at 4.  Another fun day!

Have a good Wednesday, everyone. ♥♥♥

I hope Gracie is ok! I really hope your dentist visit goes well. You've been through a lot.

Cindy, wow, you still don't have a ton of energy? I hooe that improves soon. Hugs.

Hi to everyone else.

Oh, hubby realized he had to treat me to a birthday surprise early since I have plans for most of next week....we went shooting today! I would ratgher shoot than shop.....yeah, I'm weird. I loved it. I would get there more often if it wasn't 45 minutes away....

Cindy ~ Yum!  Do you make the ham roll ups with tortillas?  Thankfully, we don't have any parties this year! ;)

Judy ~ DH used to go to target practice often and was a hunter when we were younger.  Now we have Gracie to catch creatures in our back yard. :lol

Gracie had a fever and swollen tummy.  We stayed at the vet for an hour or so while she had an IV and injections of antibiotics and fluids...she is just fine this evening. :c9  All of this in less than 2 days...but at only 14 pounds, things go south quickly.  Her blood work will be back tomorrow.  My cold and everything else probably kept me from catching it even sooner. :(

What is everyone working on?  I have another baby 'ghan going and a scarf for my sister, Sue.

The Christmas trees are up and partially decorated.  Things are a bit slower this year. :yes  

Good morning. I'm feeling a bit better again today. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be back to normal.

We got our tree up yesterday finally. At the moment I'm making cookies. I'm just going to make 3 dozen or so to take to tomorrow's party, and the rest of the dough can sit in the fridge until I'm ready for it. Mary, I make the roll ups with tortillas. Super easy, make ahead.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/ranch-ham-roll-ups

I finally made myself a to do list. Between all the obligations of this time of year, and my cold, I thought it would be a good idea. Plus,miss very satisfying to cross things off my list!

Ok, oven timer is ringing, time to get the cookies out.

Have a great day ladies.

Good morning ladies!!!

Cindy-I am happy to hear that you are feeling better.  Your cookies sound yummy!  I have never made tortilla rolls but I bet my family would love them!  mmm

Judy-that is so neat that you like to go target practicing.  We live near these big pits where folks go shooting.  My dh would love if I felt the same way he did about guns and target practice.  Your dh is one lucky fella!

Mary-Poor Gracie, she sounds like such a sweetie.  I am glad that the vet could make her feel better.  We are moving in slow motion decorating at my house too..the week is almost gone and I still do not have the tree up..someone needs to give me a good shove.   :lol

Michelle-I love starting new projects too..I had ordered knitting needles the size of toothpicks and sock yarn..I so want to knit socks.  I joined a FB group, hoping that in January I can get them started.  Do you knit?

Linda-awwww your sweet fur baby just sounds like so much fun!  I bet he is enjoying the cuddles and toys.

Hello to the rest of the house!  I do not have anything in particular planned for the day..and I am free tonight...woohoo! :cheer  What will I do with myself all day?  Feels great!  Going to hopefully finish the cowl that I started for my sister and then hoping tomorrow I can start on slippers for my nephews.

Time for some crochet fun.  Talk to you all soon, hugs!

Hi,peeps.

LeeAnn, thanks.....hubby is retired law enforcement, and was a rookie LEO when we met, so he also still owns and qualifies with his weapons. We also watch football and hockey together. In case you haven't guesse yet, I grew up with two brothers close in age...lol!

I would never hunt, though, and neither would he. If we were starving...who knows? We were raised in New York City, so never grew up in that culture.

Mary, so glad Gracie is better!

Cindy, I hope the mornng finds you back to your old self!

Linda, I love hearing about your kitty. we had a male cat when we were newlyweds and he was a real mush and so lovey dovey. He was great company when hubby had to work nights.

Good Morning! 

Judy ~ Hi - I think about you often and hope you are feeling good. ♥  Will your DS be with you for Christmas?  You haven't mentioned any new girlfriends in a while? ;)

LeeAnn ~ Yay for having a little break yesterday!  I miss days when I can't crochet even for a short time.  I think a lot of us are a little later than usual with the decorating! :yes

Cindy ~ You are so good...baking cookies and making gifts!  I used to get so much more done in a lot less time. LOL 

Hi to the rest of the house, too. :manyheart

Gracie is much better, but one of the pills makes her sleep alot.  She's very happy to take her pills as long as they're in cheese or baked chicken. :lol  DH is having lunch with the guys today, so I'll have some quiet time for a while. :)

Have a great Friday, everyone.

Hi everyone! 

This weather is so weird! Been in the upper 70's for days and it will be mid "70's today through Sunday.. The wind is building as well as the clouds..Supposed to have "extremely severe weather" :eek Sunday... I saw on the TV this morning several parts of the US had tornadoes yesterday.. Hope everyone here is okay. 

LeeAnn  I finished the tree last night. Now today I have to get the rest of the stuff unpacked and put out as well as lights strung on the front porch and then general cleaning and straightening. Still have to get caught up on paperwork for DH and wanted some me/craft time.. we will see.

Linda    your trip to Sam's with a friend sounds fun...and I hope you are better with that pain in your side.. :yes  if that keeps up you need to have that checked.

Mary   I hope that your bone graft is taking so you can be going on the up side of this.. and I also hope your little Gracie is much better!

Cindy   You have a lot going on!! No wonder you are so tired! But all the same, you might need a check up too... this has been a while, right? I know, I know, I'm playing nurse this morning...Funny how we can get to start learning each other on here and care about our friends right? :ghug 

Judy   When is your birthday? That sounds pretty neat actually about your going shooting.. Us living in the south, we all hunt. We never waste and all food is prepared and frozen in fridge and we also give some away.. I actually love venison.. I have a recipe I made up called Swiss Venison and gravy that is wonderful on rice! Lately I am really concerned of the uprise on crime.. My husband wants me to get a pistol and I have refused because I'm scared of those things. We have a house full of shotguns, and my DD knows gun safety and loves to hunt also. And strange that our grandkids because they are raised in this manner and learn the respect of guns and for life, they are not obsessed with them, but of course we keep locked up. Lately though, I have been thinking of maybe accepting my DH's offer, but of course take some classes as well..

LeeAnn and Mary   To answer the questions of what are we working on.. I had started that Starlight Afghan for my DIL knowing I would not be able to do that in time for Christmas. But I have had to put that on hold. I crocheted several things for my stocking stuffer pal, but right now I am mainly working on jewelry. I have a couple more orders to fill and I want to make something special for my DIL's and 2 special friends.. but I have many projects in my head that I want to do that will probably have to wait until after Christmas! I tried to knit one time and after an hour threw it across the room! I did the same thing when I taught myself to crochet oh so long ago.. The only thing is a while later I picked the crochet back up and never had another problem with it. But the knitting I have never had the urge to learn again hit me...I love to crochet best, make jewelry and cross-stitch. I have tried quilting and made a small one for my firstborn 3

years ago, but did not like it, so haven't done again, although I love quilts..Too much work to me and not enough fun.. same thing with trying to learn to machine sew. 

Well I gotta go.. a little more computer checking to do and then I've got to get cracking on this house!! Tomorrow DH and I are going for a 1 and 1/2 hour drive to one of the bigger cities to us....bigger to us is not bigger to some of ya'll I know, but I'm talking about one with a mall, a couple of boot stores, etc... We are just now starting Christmas shopping but it will be a date day, just him and me..so I am looking forward to that! I like to shop but really have to be in the mood..but it will be good to get out and enjoy each other and the season for a change...

Hope everyone has a Happy Friday and wonderful weekend! and Happy Crocheting!

Hi everyone,

Guess it seems that I have fallen off the face of the earth, it has been so long since I have posted. I did attend the prayer shawl retreat and had a wonderful time, met new friends and had 3 days of non-stop crochet time! Got 2 shawls made while I was there. Still need to take pictures, but did give one prayer shawl to a friend in need before I remembered to take a picture.

Next I was off to my mom's house and had a nice visit with her and also saw my sisters while I was there. Sadly Mom had to have her dog put down so I stayed a few extra days to keep her company as she lives by herself.

When I got home I got a terrible sinus infection and have been miserable ever since. NO ENERGY whatsoever. I am just now starting to feel like myself again. I have not done any crocheting since the sinus stuff started, and am just now getting in the mood to start again. So that put a damper on making Christmas gifts.

I did get my tree up with help of my daughter. She did most of the decorating also. Now to finish shopping. I hate to have shopping to do this close to Christmas!

I had and incident of being stalked when I was visiting Mom and so have decided that with all the craziness going on these days I need to get some protection, especially traveling by myself. I went to the gun range for a class and some target practice this week and really liked it. My husband and I had discussed me getting a pistol for protection but I wanted to see if I could handle one before I made that decision.

I have been checking in and keeping up with everyone. I hope everyone is feeling better and is enjoying the Christmas activities. I know it is a busy time for everyone.

I think after the new year I may try to learn how to knit. Just to be able to say I can do it. Crochet will always be my first love!

Better go for now!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Good morning House!!!

Jill-oh no!  Sinus infections are so painful.  I think just about everyone that I have chatted with is feeling tired, I feel like someone sucked the energy right out of me.  So sorry to hear about your mom's fur baby.  How is she doing now that you are gone?  A prayer shawl retreat sounds so neat!  Merry Christmas to you too!  I too am going to learn more about knitting.  I learned this year, I can knit and purl but did find a group on fb to join.  They are making socks, they have a tutorial and lots of support.  I have everything I need to try but first am going to finish with my holiday gifts..the sock yarn is calling my name tho. :lol

Michelle-how lovely to spend a day with your dh!  I am not a huge shopper either, but I must seriously get my tush in gear and get started.  I have 3 gifts made and 3 more to go..I think I can I think I can.  Your jewelry sounds amazing, I would love to see photos?

Cindy-how are you feeling today?  Better I hope. 

Judy-A lot of folks have been talking about buying a smaller pistol for protection.  I have taken all of the courses but still freak out a bit around guns.  My dh is not a hunter but loves the mountains and great outdoors.  He tried hunting but found that he just couldn't kill an animal.  He was too busy looking down at the plants and in the trees. :lol

Mary-so glad that  Gracie is feeling tons better.  I hope that you get some quiet time today to just do whatever you would like.

Hello to the rest of the house!  Last night I finished the cowl for my sister.  What do you all think?  Next project...Converse inspired slippers..wish me luck!

hugs!

post-33271-0-39806700-1449856731_thumb.jpg

Good afternoon to everyone.  The TV and internet for the entire apartment complex went down the day before yesterday at 1:30 and didn't get back up and running until fairly late yesterday afternoon.  Talk about a bunch of unhappy residents!   :P   Didn't bother me that much about the TV, but I did miss the internet.  I've caught up on the posts, but didn't take notes so won't have that many individual comments.

Mary, I am glad that Gracie is doing so much better.   :D   Hoping that they have kicked it in the butt and she will soon be back to herself.

LeeAnn, I love the cowl pattern.  It's lovely.   :yay   It looks a lot like the ones I'm making for family.  I have two all done but for the weaving in of the tails and the third one is about half way done now.  As I get more comfortable with the pattern, they are going faster.

Wishing all of you who are under the weather a speedy recovery.  I know that it has dragged on for a long time already for some of you.   :hug 

GS finally made it back to school today and it looks like he's going to make it all day.  Hooray!   :yay 

On the pet front, they are both fine.  Yesterday Snicklefritz knocked over the kitchen waste basket and they both had a ball pulling out the contents and stringing them all over.   :P   What a mess!  Snicklefritz is on a growth spurt and clumsy as all get out, which leads to some hilarious mishaps as he under estimates getting from point A to point B.  They have started to play with each other more now, which is silliness all the way around.

I haven't got my little tree up yet.  It may or may not get up.  Time will tell.  I mostly finished my shopping yesterday.  There are still some things to finish crocheting and a couple of things I am going to pick up, but mostly I'm done now.  Yay!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Glad that Gracie is on the mend and you too. 

Cindy, Glad your feeling better.

Judy, Hubby is off this morning to take his class for cwp. I'm not thrilled about it. I grew up going hunting and have gone deer hunting with DH and I would shoot a deer. I love venison. Last night we went out to dinner at a local restaurant and over heard a conversation. Someone this lady know had a window peeker the night before. Hubby said see another reason to do this. He's been around guns all his life. 

LeeAnn, I leave my tree up year around. It's decorated with red, white and blue bulbs. We have Christmas at the kids homes so it I don't put out hardly any decorations. We leave for Texas for the winter the 26th. It's no fun coming home in april and putting Christmas decorations away. Hubby said one year when I was taking the tree down why don't you just leave it up. So I do. It fits perfectly in the corner.

Jill, Very scary having a stalker. Will your be getting a new fur baby? A crochet retreat sounds like a fun time. 

Linda, Glad DGS had a good day at school. Now what one fur baby doesn't think of the other one will. The fun begins for those two. 

Joanne, Your missed!

Hubby had the sleep study and will have to go back again. They have more than one machine and the have to test him on the type he would need to set it up. I had to take in a copy of his heart tests so they can check his condition. There is a chance he may not be able to be on this machine. His study show mild sleep apena, but he doesn't get any good sleep. I did let them know we go Texas. We may have to finish it up when we get back. The person we talked to said we he could wait. 

I had a dentist appt, just a cleaning. We went to DD's. Maya had a school program. Music from Africa. She played the drum. Today I'm going to meet my sister when she gets out of work at two and were going to go to a craft show. I need to do some shopping. We had chili in the freezer so we took that out for supper. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hi ladies. Back to feeling lousy here. I think it's mostly just being tired from not sleeping well. I cough constantly when I lay down, and I can't sleep sitting up. I felt well yesterday though, and had a good day at work. We also had DH's family Christmas last night. Everyone was thrilled with the hand lotion.

This morning I did laundry and ironed. Now that might not sound like much....but I only iron about once a month so it's actually a big job when I get around to it. We don't have a lot that needs ironing, but I had a bunch of clothes that I bought online hanging in the laundry room. When I buy stuff online it's always folded up for shipping, and very wrinkled. Even laundering the items doesn't get out the wrinkles.

Christmas prep is nearly done here. I've wrapped everything that I've bought so far. I need to buy a couple of things for the grandkids still, and I'm still waiting for a few more things to be delivered.

I think we are going out for dinner this evening. I have some errands to run, and I can do that while we're out.

Hi, ladies!

I could go through hoops and own a hand gun in NJ but would not be allowed to carry it on my person, only to and from the range, and then in a.locked box, unloaded. Id have to have a serious reason to present to a judge and be worried about my own safety in order to try and apply for a carry permit. Hubby, as retired LEO, a federal law allows him to carry. The bad guys have no concerns about carrying weapons, unfortunately.

DS will be here for christmas .....no girlfriend any longer, but he goes through them so often we don't invite them for holidays. Don't want to get attached!

My birthday is the 15th. I'll be *gasp* 67.....

Hi all

I know I've been Mia but have been busy between work and trying to get gifts made. I've been both crocheting and knitting scarves, cowls and hats. The weather here in. No has been so warm for this time of year so have been taking advantage of it and spending time outdoors when I can. Today I met dd, sil and the boys in Red Bank and enjoyed the time outside. we ended up in the playground that is right next to the bay. Nice afternoon. We came back to their house and they were going out and I'm babysitting. I took the boys for a walk after dinner to look at the lights on all the houses. They each had a flashlight and led the way!, lol. It was lots of fun.

Tomorrow we are all heading up to an art museum where my DD works at their art camp in the summer. They are having a pottery sale and she will be selling some of her work. They are also having "make a clay ornament " activity for the kids.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Good afternoon to all of you.  They were calling for rain today and we have it.  The ground is already soupy with it and it is still coming down although gently.  When I was walking Sweet Pea her friend Tater was out and they had to say hi to each other.  We walked them together for a while and them both of us went back inside.  At least the temp is in the 50s so it's not a cold rain.

I've got the next cowl started and now I know why my gauge is off.  This is in the quick and easy woolese and this yarn while looking similar in size works up much differently. :P  Not sure what I'll be doing about the first four.  At least the brand is the same for each set of relatives.  I will probably leave them as is, but I'm not sure yet.  I'll decide on that when they are all done.  

Wishing you all a good day.   :manyheart 

Hi, my friends...

I posted this pic on FB. I made myself a Christmas scarf from a Lion Brand Bon Bon yarn set I was gifted last Christmas. Love the sparkle and even DH really liked it when he saw me weaving in the ends and it was still a jumble.

post-8552-0-46980100-1450122409_thumb.jpg

Good afternoon to all of you.  The rain has stopped, but everything is still very wet.  The temp is about the same but it seems colder because of a brisk wind.

I finished the first of two cowls using the Woolese yarn.  I got about 50% more rows, but the size is almost identical so I won't bother redoing the first four.  This one reminded me of the ribbon candy that was a must have at Christmas when I was a kid.  Haven't seen any in a long time although I guess it's still out there.

When I go to bed at night, Sweet Pea is on my right side wanting attention and Snicklefritz is on the other side purring up a storm.  Same thing in the morning.  He's up there as soon as the alarm goes off gently patting my face, going nose to nose with me, and purring like mad.  This morning he went from the floor to a box, to the edge of the table, to the pile in the middle of the table, and down to the seat of the chair all in less time than this takes to write.   :cat   He makes me laugh multiple times a day.   :lol

Judy, that is a wonderful scarf.   :clap

Wishing you all a good day.   :manyheart

Hi ladies. Nothing much to report here. I worked today. Still coughing, but definitely feeling a lot better. Working again tomorrow.

I have all my Christmas shopping done, and everything is wrapped! (Just thought I'd brag a bit!). Actually, I still have a cowl to finish, but there's only a little bit left to do on it and I still have 11 days!

Judy, thats a great scarf. Good for you for making something for yourself.

Linda, your fur babies sound like such good company!

Joanne,mhope things slow down a bit for you.

Have a good evening, ladies.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Love the scarf! 

I didn't end up going to the craft show with my sister saturday. It was very foggy here. It had been all week. I have caught the bug. Started coughing yesterday. Hubby sprung on me today that if I got things packed up we could just go to DD's and stay after are Christmas dinner sunday until saturday when we leave for Texas. I said no! He has two appts this week so that would be two days of not getting things done here. The baby is sick to. The nurse said if he starts running a fever bring him in. Maya's Africa music show was really a nice show. I'm working on a sweater for the baby.  Hope everyone has a nice week!

Hello everyone!!

Not but a minute to spare, (Is anyone else overwhelmed and feeling WAY behind?!) I just finished paperwork for DH, house is a wreck, tree is up but all other decorations sitting in living room floor, 2 large jewelry orders to make ( a good thing and the largest doesnt have to be done by Christmas), as well as 5 smaller jewelry gifts to be made for gifts from me.. Still have DD about 4 things to go before my shopping is done for her and NO wrapping is done....

Am I a mess or what! :reyes :sweatBuy I am slowly knocking it out..Just had to take a little break before I tackle those decorations in floor...

I will try to catch up with everyone later, but I just had to say

:birthday  to JUDY!!!!   :bday 

Hi House. :)  

Michelle ~ Count me in on the "way behind and overwhelmed" list! Lol  I've decided it's okay if everything doesn't get done, as long as the grandkids are happy.  :yes  Our family is quite small now and we draw names...my sister requested two cowls and she may get an IOU note.  :lol  I hope your date day was a good one!

Judy ~  The scarf is gorgeous!  Are you doing anything special for your birthday?

Hi Jill!  Your trip sounds so nice!  Hopefully, you're on the mend now. :hug

Joanne ~ Your weekend sounds wonderful!  Our weather has been warm, too...I'm ready for some cold stuff.

LeeAnn ~ I love your cowl!  It's a beautiful pattern and the yarn is perfect. :yes  Are you still filling Christmas orders?

Linda ~ Can't wait to see your Christmas cowls!  Snicklefritz sounds like such a joy...with such a cute personality. :manyheart  I hope dgs is doing much better now. 

Cindy ~ You're so good about getting things done!  I still need to get a few gifts and bake breads and cookies for the neighbors.  Are you having Christmas dinner this year?

Marlene ~ Oh, I hope you're better soon. :hug  Leave it to a guy to think you can be away from home for a week while trying to pack for the coast.  :lol   Maya's school program sounds so special!  I hope the little guy is not too sick.  :c9

Gee, I've obviously been way behind on posting, too. ;)   My cold was much better and then not so much.  I finally went to the dr. yesterday and am now on antibiotics for a sinus infection!  I slept until 9 this a.m. which never happens. 

Have a good Tuesday, everyone. ♥♥♥

Archived