Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Merry Christmas Eve ! Doesn't feel like it at all! 70 degrees is crazy for Christmas in NJ. But it sure beats the tornadoes that some are enduring this Christmas. Prayers and thoughts to all those affected.

My gifts were a hit. Hopefully we will get some cold weather so they can be used. Lol

Enjoy the day everyone. Blessings to you all.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:wreath  Hi everyone!  I'm still here...and still playing catch-up. Lol  We'll be at DD's tomorrow for brunch and gifts - we started this with Luke's first Christmas and it's become a tradition.  Sue is coming as are the other grandparents. :)  A neighbor is having their open house this evening and we'll go for a little while.

Have a very Merry Christmas and be safe on the roads, friends.

Good afternoon to everyone.  Hope that all of you that are traveling make it safely to you destinations and back.  Yesterday we got a whole lot of rain.  Today when I was out we were getting some light snow coming down.  Not enough to do anything but be present in the air.  I've heard that we are due for more rain tomorrow.  It's in the upper 30s here which is much warmer than it should be for this time of year.  I'm really glad the rain yesterday wasn't snow or we'd be buried in the stuff.

Hi ladies. Another busy day at work today.

We had extremely windy weather overnight. We didn't lose power but thousands did. We did loose a huge maple tree. Detroit actually had a tornado! Apparently Michigan has never had a tornado in December before!

I think we are ready for Christmas. DD, dsil and the grandkids might come tonight and sleep here, since they are without power.

I doubt if I will get back here before next week, so I'd like to wish you all a happy holiday!

Linda, Cindy and everyone...we just watched the weather and it's so strange all over the country.  Stay safe and maybe someone will have a white Christmas without severe stuff.  We're in the 70's, but they're predicting snow early Monday!

Luke called me a little while ago and asked if Santa had been to our house yet. I told him no, but we would be listening for him. Out of the mouths of babes - I'm so glad the Santa magic is still happening for him. :manyheart  

Merry Christmas, everyone. :ctree

Hi Ladies,

We are heading out in a little bit for warmer weather. If I have internet on the way I'll keep in touch. Are neighbor always opens are place up for us. He said we have hornets in are place. So he set off two bombs. We hope it took care of the problem. I finished the baby's sweater yesterday. Have a good week everyone!

Happy day after Christmas, everyone. :)

Marlene ~ Have a safe trip to Texas!  I hope those pesky hornets are long gone when you arrive.

We're under flash flood and severe weather watches for the weekend, so I'm going to get groceries this a.m.  Lots of crochet time is on my agenda today. :D

Have a good day!

Happy Day after Christmas EVERYONE!!

Well I survived LOL!! but all in all it was a good Christmas.. I was able to get everyone done and all the kids and the grands were here for Christmas Eve.. Lots of food, and everyone seemed to enjoy their gifts. AND each other - which was the best gift for me...

Yesterday morning we had our own little Christmas with DD and then over to DH's sister for lunch and then on to DH's mother for dinner.

This morning I have a mess with wrapping paper and the after effects all over the place!! But, I got to sleep in and didn't get up until an hour ago. I am still sitting here :morcoffee with my coffee and computer and I have plans to be LAZY today and rewind. Lots of craft time for me today....  :lol 

Hope everyone is safe today.. weather has been so rough.. my heart goes out to all those who lost loved ones and homes all around from the tornadoes.

Hi all.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and will enjoy the day today to unwind. Bad stormy weather here all day yesterday but didn't put a damper on our celebration. Prayers going out to those who did suffer losses in the tornadoes.

I got a yarn bowl (among other amazing things) which has reignited my crochet mojo! Ready now to get back with the program!

Will check in again later....

Michelle ~ Your time with family sounds so nice!  Like you, I gave myself the whole day to decompress and spent a lot of time with my hook and yarn.  There was a time not long ago I wouldn't have been able to ignore the laundry, desk, etc. ;)

Jill ~ I'm so glad you're excited about crocheting again!  I think we all need a break once in a while. :yes   Yay for your new yarn bowl!

The whole DFW area has been under tornado warnings this evening.  It looks like we missed the worst of it in our area, but some areas are having tornadoes right now. :(

Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning

Mary I was thinking of you when I heard about the tornados in the DFW area. This country is sure having some bizarre weather.

Marlene safe travels and hope you aren't encountering bad weather as you are driving. And hope that the hornets are gone.

Michele sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas!

Jill. Yay for a new yarn bowl!

We had a fun time with the boys in Christmas. They were so excited about everything! Yesterday my oldest arrived from Boston and I picked her up at the train and then we spent the rest of the day with middle DD and didn't get home till about 10:30. Today, my DD, SIL and GS are coming over. We were hoping everyone could get together on the same day, but due to prior commitments it didn't work out DD said it didn't matter as long as she gets a chance to see and visit with both her sisters , nephews and us. I have to work tomorrow as do both my other DD,s but DH is off so that will work out I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday and she isn't leaving till the 4:00 train on Tuesday. I'll use Wednesday to catch up on laundry and cleaning. Lol. I tried to get off Thursday as well but couldn't. At least we get out at 3

I am going to go pour a cup of coffee and just enjoy the peaceful quiet for a little while.

Have a wonderful day

Hi Ladies,

We are in Mena Arkansas tonight. We stopped mid afternoon due to a storm coming in. My son called us yesterday shortly after we left (he gets weather alerts for different parts of the country, with all the driving he does for his work) to tell us we were headed into bad weather if we went are regular route. So he rerouted us to Iowa to go out and around the storms. This morning we changed are route due to the weather going on in Oklahoma and Texas. We went through mountains in Missouri and lots of rain. We were just talking about hydroplaneing and a car passing us did just that. He hit the guard rail on my left, shot across in front of me, went airborne into some trees. If a guard rail would of been on the right side we would of collided. It scared you know what out of me. I was shaking and almost in tears. The guy behind me stopped. We didn't. It took me awhile to calm down. I told hubby if we had to bring that route every time to get to Texas I would probably choose not to go. He said you mean you would stay home for the winter and I said yes. I fear height and water and I have seen enough of both today. Tomorrow is suppose to be a good day.

We plan on stopping at his sisters, so if we do I won't be on Internet.

Have a safe week everyone!

Joanne ~ Oh, your time with family sounds so nice!  Good for you for taking some time off this week!

Marlene ~ I've been thinking about you both all day knowing your approximate route to the coast. Our weather has been really bad and I knew it was moving east and northeast of us...stay safe. :manyheart

We've been so lucky one more time.  The tornadoes missed Fort Worth and hit the Dallas area.  They're predicting some ice/light snow after midnight.  A neighbor's tree limb hit a corner of our house and we have a small leak in the kitchen - very minor in the whole scheme of things.

I hope everyone is okay and taking some time to crochet.  ;) ♥♥♥

Good morning ladies! Winter might be arriving in Michigan today. It's much colder than it has been, and we have a winter storm warning for freezing rain with 1/2 inch of ice accumulation predicted. The power company is just barely finished with repairs from last weeks wind. We did not lose power, but at least two large trees came down on our property. We haven't gone back behind our house to see what happened back there.

The Christmas full moon wreaked havoc at work. It was an unbelievably busy weekend. On Saturday I switched assignments three times in 8 hours. I started in my own unit, then the cardiac ICU got an admission, so a nurse from another ICU came and took my patients and I went over to cardiac ICU, that patient improved, and I was asked to give him up to the nurse next door and take yet another patient. The day sure flew by! I don't work again until Friday, and I sure hope the full moon effect has worn off by then.

I had such a busy week last week that I totally forgot a meeting. The chair person doesn't mind if we miss, but it's really unprofessional to not let her know you won't be there. This week should be a lot less busy.

Since I'm worried about loosing power, I decided to get moving early this morning. I have bread rising in the bread maker, laundry going, dishes washing, robot vacuum working.....all my little electronic helpers bustling, while I sit around drinking coffee! Hopefully the power lasts long enough for me to make crockpot potato soup for dinner. I guess we could power up our generator. It's not very big, but it will power the furnace, so I think it woukd power a crockpot. Unfortunately, it won't power the well pump, so if the power fails, we don't have water. (Don't worry, we can drain water from our hot water heater, it holds either 40 or 50 gallons, which is plenty to keep us for quite a few days.)

Marlene, I hope you make it to Texas without any more problems. My brother in law and sister in law are vacationing somewhere near Houston, (I think...), and she hasn't mentioned any really bad weather where they are. She says its been foggy and gloomy, but nice and warm.

We bought my mother in law several puzzles for Christmas. She likes the 300 piece ones and they re hard to find in adult puzzles. She called to say that she and a few other ladies had finished them already and really enjoyed them. Wonder if that was a hint?

Also, yesterday, DS told me he didn't have a winter hat. That was probably a hint as well! I may whip up a quick hat for him this week. I know that he is going to some sort of outdoor event on Saturday.

Mary, fingers crossed that the rest of the bad weather misses you as well.

Joanne, enjoy your time with your DDs. Too bad you have a couple of work days in there.

Jill, my crochet mojo has been pretty weak lately as well. Even my Michaells yarn buying expedition of 6 weeks ago only gave me a temporary boost. However, my mil wants to learn how to crochet, so maybe that will bring it back.

Bread timer just went off...better attend to that....

Have a great day, ladies!

Good Monday morning everyone!!

Glad to know that it sounds like for the most part everyone is okay from the weather!!

and MARY I saw some of the videos out of Texas! So glad that you are okay!!

JOANNE it sounds like you had a great time with your family.. that is a bummer when they can't all get together at once but like you said, we work with what we've got!! Try not to work too hard!

MARLENE :2eek  just reading about your trip frightened me!! I really hate to travel in bad weather also, and never minded heights until the past couple of years... I pray you have a much better trip home!!

CINDY so sorry it was so crazy at work! I know the hospitals all have a much harder time in general around the holidays it sometimes seems..Glad you got a little me time! I cracked up at the picture of you sitting with coffee and all the appliances whizzing around you working away!! I sure need one of those robot vacumns and I wonder if I could just find a robotic house keeper while I'm at it? :lol 

We woke up to a crazy Monday here... tornado warnings going off all around us and as far as an hour away in every direction.. Thankfully we only had a bad limb fall on the shed outside with a bit of minor damage to a corner. And in the midst of all that all our commodes backing up!! :cry  something's gotta be done about this plumbing situation!! I keep saying CALL somebody!! But DH keeps saying they won't do anymore than I'm doing!!! LORD this man can be hard headed sometimes!!! At least they didn't go over and he's outside now using a "snake" and going through the lines, so if he gets that done the rest of the day ought to be a lot more smoother....

Well I need to get going on the house and I have a jewelry order that I need to do, but I do want to start back on my crochet late this evening for a bit.. I am NOT getting out today in this mess!! I want to finish the starlight afghan that I had started for my DIL... I plan on it being a Christmas gift for her next Christmas and I plan on making the other 2 DIL's  a Christmas afghan suited to their personality also...

Anyway, I know this is all random , but I hope everyone has a good day and week!!

'Evening, everyone. :)

Cindy ~ Oh gosh, I hope the ice isn't too bad and that you have power!  You all must be used to winter stuff by now, but it's still inconvenient!

Michelle ~ Yes, we were so lucky as far as the severe weather in the area.  We had about 2" of snow when we woke up this morning, but no ice thank goodness.  Plumbing problems are no fun ~ I hope your DH was able to get things fixed.  And I can definitely sympathize with you...my DH is very stubborn. ;)  Great news about the jewelry order!

I took down the Christmas trees today.   We're leaving the lights up outside for a few days - the wreaths on all the front windows and garland around the front door make me happy. :)   I'm giving myself a few more days before tackling year end stuff and the appointments that need to be made.  Does anyone make resolutions any more? Lol

Have a good evening, House. ♥♥♥

Hi House,

Hope everyone is doing well this morning. Sun is shining here today but expecting more rain tomorrow. I will enjoy the sun today, it has been a while since we have seen it.

Finished up some unfinished projects yesterday. Now I'm ready to start something new. Still need to start my sister's poncho, I had gotten yarn for it, but think I might need something that will drape a little better. Thinking about some Deborah Norville. Has anyone ever used that? Joannn's has it on sale.

Anyone made any New Year's resolutions? My only one is to learn to knit more proficiently next year. (My knitting is next to non-existent at this point) I'm always up to learn something new.

Going to bake my last cookies today. My daughter and I always do these together.

Hope everyone has a great day and be careful in this weather!

Hi peeps.

I read everyones posts....nook tablet is a pill to paste and comment....esp if I get chatty....

Michelle, I started a new thread for 2016, called Encoragement for getting gifts made, version 2016, if you'd like to get some support with your projects.

Jill, I'm like you with knitting. I'm a very basicknitterbut want to get better.

Oh, heres a basket I crocheted for those not on the Encouragement thread

post-8552-0-36845800-1451427208.jpg

Cindy ~ Good news about your power being on!  I can't remember what you told us about your work schedule...I hope you have some "me" time this week. :)

Jill ~ My only resolutions are to take care of what I've put off until the new year. :lol   Have fun with the knitting!

Judy ~ Your basket is so pretty!  I love how the colors "run through" the main color. :clap   How are Sparkie and Lucy?

I hope everyone is having a good week. :manyheart 

Hi Mary

The pups are doing great....a little housebound with all the rain lately, which I know they wish was snow instead....

Thanks for asking.

How are you feeling?

....I just visited your Etsy shop. Hadn't been there in a very long time. Beautiful things there.

Archived