Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies. It's chilly and gloomy here, although DH says it's going to turn into a nice day. Snow is in the forecast for Thursday into Friday, but it won't stick. It's supposed to be in the 50s again by the weekend.

DH wants to drive out to the lake this afternoon, so I hope the sun comes out. I don't mind this kind of cold, but I'd like it better if it wasn't so gloomy.

I got up early, since DH made an appointment to get new tires put on my jeep at 8 AM. He took care of that but I couldn't get back to sleep once he got up. I have crocheted a bit on DDs cowl, (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/apple-crisp-cowl), and knit some on my Hitchiker scarf. (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hitchhiker). The scarf doesn't have far to go, but each row is getting longer, so progress is slow. Yesterday I started, (and finished!), one of these.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hunters-cowl

I plan to make three of them, one each for DH, DS and dsil. They are quick and easy and they look like they are knit.

I did go to Michaels yesterday, but I restrained myself. I bought only 20 skeins of yarn. I had more in my cart, but put some back. I did manage to squeeze all that yarn into my yarn cabinets too. (Squeeze being the accurate description of how I got it in there!). I am tempted to hit Michaels website for some more yarn. There is a code for $2.99 shipping which is worth it considering that I have to drive at least 15 miles one way to get there. Luckily the 25% off your purchase offer expires Wednesday, so I only have two days to practice restraint!

Anyhow, I suppose that I should get going and get a few household chores done. I want to go visit mil before we drive out to the lake.

Have a great day ladies.

Hi ladies.

Ive read and got caught up with everyone. Hugs to Michelle and congrats to Linda on the new addition!

Been busy and reading in between. I've also just finished one blue hat and the flower the little girls mom said to.add.to it. Just need to weave in stuff. Its turqua. Another o e coming up in aruba sea.

Sorry for the typing mess...using Nook....

Later gators

hello there everyone.  I'm on the exhausted side today.  could not fall asleep last night until after 4:00 am and the alarm went off at 9:00 am.  A friend and I went to Sam's club and then out to lunch.  Got back to the apartment at 3:00 pm having left at 10:30 am.  It's been quite a while since we did this.

Midnight has spent yesterday and today exploring the apartment and finding an assortment of places where he can get away from Sweet Pea and me.  So far he hasn't touched the yarn although tonight he's playing with some cord that is hanging from the bed frame.  His purr is so loud and luscious and his fur is so silky to the touch.  Love that about him.

Good morning ladies. It's chilly and gloomy here, although DH says it's going to turn into a nice day. Snow is in the forecast for Thursday into Friday, but it won't stick. It's supposed to be in the 50s again by the weekend.

DH wants to drive out to the lake this afternoon, so I hope the sun comes out. I don't mind this kind of cold, but I'd like it better if it wasn't so gloomy.

I got up early, since DH made an appointment to get new tires put on my jeep at 8 AM. He took care of that but I couldn't get back to sleep once he got up. I have crocheted a bit on DDs cowl, (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/apple-crisp-cowl), and knit some on my Hitchiker scarf. (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hitchhiker). The scarf doesn't have far to go, but each row is getting longer, so progress is slow. Yesterday I started, (and finished!), one of these.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hunters-cowl
I plan to make three of them, one each for DH, DS and dsil. They are quick and easy and they look like they are knit.

Love the cowl patterns.

I did go to Michaels yesterday, but I restrained myself. I bought only 20 skeins of yarn. I had more in my cart, but put some back. I did manage to squeeze all that yarn into my yarn cabinets too. (Squeeze being the accurate description of how I got it in there!). I am tempted to hit Michaels website for some more yarn. There is a code for $2.99 shipping which is worth it considering that I have to drive at least 15 miles one way to get there. Luckily the 25% off your purchase offer expires Wednesday, so I only have two days to practice restraint!

If 20 skeins is restraining yourself, how many did you start out with?   :D   We had that sale here, but I restrained myself and didn't even go.

Anyhow, I suppose that I should get going and get a few household chores done. I want to go visit mil before we drive out to the lake.

Have a great day ladies.

Turqua hat...flower is finished off with Aruba sea.

Judy, the hat is lovely.   :yay 

Mary, the shell stitch blanket was lovely.

HI House!

Just a quick fly by as things are super busy here in my neck of the woods.  So much to do always!

Michelle-hugs, prayers and warmest of wishes headed your way.

Hugs to the rest of the house, back to work I go. 

Good afternoon to you all.  Last night I slept.  Midnight was again confined to the bathroom.  He ate his food and did his business in the litter box.  Yay!   :yay   Last night he was starting to come to me for attention and has been at it already this morning.  Boy can he purr up a storm.  I love that .  I can tell that his cold is better already.  He is playing with the string by the bed now, but so far yarn is safe.  I hope that it stays that  way.  Time will tell on that front.  Sweet Pea is a bit bent out of shape, but I'm hoping they will work that out soon.  I'm trying to give her lots of extra attention to make up for it.

Thinking of all of you so much lately.  Sending you lots of love.   :ghug   You are a continuing source of friendship and encouragement.  That is so important as I'm still short on that support group up here.  It's slowly building but nothing like what I had in Georgia.  I know that took time to build, but boy do I miss it.  Sorry.  The lack of sunshine is starting to effect me already and the seasonal depression is putting me off balance.   :(   A big reason for getting Midnight.

All for now.  Have a great day.

Hi ladies. Wouldn't you know? I have to be back at work on Saturday and today I got this urge to deep clean. I was hoping to get a lot of deep cleaning done over the three weeks I had off, but it didn't happen. Yesterday my crochet mojo came back finally and I finished DDs cowl and a hunters cowl and started a hat for one of my grandsons. Today I have done 4 loads of laundry, ironed, got dinner going in my three crockpots, (pork roast in one, potatoes in one, and carrots in one), vacuumed, dusted, cleaned 2 out of 3 bathrooms and washed kitchen and bathroom floors. I'd like to do more, but my back is complaining, so I'm done for the day. (Unless I go grocery shopping after dinner.). Maybe I will still feel like cleaning tomorrow. Also it is warm and sunny here and I am currently sitting out on the porch with a book. (It's November and this is Michigand!)

Oh yes, snow is forecasted for tonight.

Linda, I am also glad that we can be there for each other. Sounds like Midnight is a charmer! Dh doesn't care for cats, but I like them. We always had cats and dogs growing up.

LeeAnn, I sure hope there are a few minutes in those busy days just for you!

Mary, what are you up to today?

Cute hat Judy!!

Like those patterns Cindy!!! I also went to Michael's and bought some yarn. I couldn't resist. Lol. Some of what I bought is earmarked for cowl and or scarves and hats for gifts. Better get cracking. Lol. I have the urge to deep clean too. It I'm tired after work and want to either knit or crochet. Maybe Saturday.

Linda. Sounds like midnight is settling in nicely. I'm sure sweet pea will get used to the new addition.

Hi to the rest of the house!!!! Gotta run. Dinner is finally ready.

Good Morning, House. :)

Judy ~ Another adorable baby hat! :c9  Do you have any other projects going?

LeeAnn ~ I'll bet you're swamped with orders and keeping up with your shop, too!  Take time for you when you can. :manyheart

Cindy ~ Way to go on getting so much done!  DH is always underfoot and I find it so much harder to get things done. ;)   It's so much more fun to grab my hook and yarn and watch a movie. :lol  Yay for more yarn! 

Linda ~ We are so lucky to have eachother here at the house, and I just know you will have close friends there, too.  Gosh, you've had a super busy year just helping take care of dgs!   Are you excited about the craft fair this weekend?

Joanne ~ More yarn for you, too!  No matter how much we have in our stash, it's always fun to buy more. ;)

Marlene ~ How is DD?  Thinking of her, Maya and you all as the time gets closer. :manyheart

Michelle ~ I hope you're doing okay. :hug

Zach was supposed to be here this a.m., but DD just called and she is keeping him home with a slight fever and cold. :(

Better get busy with other things!  Have a good morning, all. ♥♥♥

Hi peeps.

Linda, we've had several dreary days lately and with the time change it's affected my mood too....so glad you have a purr box to listen to :D

Cindy - tonight might be the beginning of your winter from the sound of it.

Finished a matching scarf for the little girl

post-8552-0-45359700-1447362911_thumb.jpg

Judy, that's a pretty scarf.

It's stupidly windy, wet and cold here...but not cold enough to snow. I need to go out in it and run a few errands. Other than that I'm going to read and craft.

DH has gone to take his brother for his first chemo. Hopefully he will be able to drive himself after this. They recommend a driver for the first time because they don't know how the person will respond. It's a four hour treatment, so it will be a long morning for both of them.

HI house!!

Sorry I've been laying low the past couple of days...I must admit it has been crazy here, but I've been having a little bit of time getting back my mojo after DH's father's sickness and passing.. But I know I will.. My DS called me yesterday evening and said if I came over today in a bit, he would pick me a big mess of turnips and mustard.. He grew them himself and we are the only ones that really like greens around here. But when I get back I am going as little as possible this weekend except for church on Sunday. I want to get house decent (or at least a good fake of it) and then enjoy this weekend on my craftwork!! :yes  I even got my hair cut in a new style yesterday for a pick me up and :eek  I hate it!!   Way to short on bottom (like 1 and 1/2 inches too short). It is cut to my jawline when I said shoulder... and way to long on top where I did want it short so I could give it some pouf when I wanted to really dress up.. Bad thing is I can't say anything because it was my DIL.. :ohdear  NOT doing anything else for a long, long, long time...

Linda -- I know what you mean about this house... I am really feeling connected here.. So nice to have such a place for support and fun and  a place of the most wonderful and kind ladies there are anywhere! I'll bet Midnight is precious!!

Judy -- I love the darling little hat and scarf!! Great job!! :yes

LeeAnn -- Thank you for your well wishes!! I have always dreamed of doing what your doing with a little shop for my own little corner of the world... Don't know if I could ever make it happen, but maybe one day...

Cindy -- I know how you feel to look at the house and want to do so much but with such little time and also with such little energy, I might add...

Mary, Joann -- hoping ya'll are doing good.. Joann, buying more yarn is always fun!!

Well, I guess I better get going... Hope everyone has a great weekend!! And thanks for helping me through a rough time!! :ghug 

Good morning to all of you.  The keyboard cord had come loose and stopped working which had me in a panic yesterday.  GS stayed with me overnight as they don't have school today.  I finished up two shawls last night.  Now to get them tagged.  We are going to set up tonight so we don't have to get up quite so early, although it will be too early anyway.  I'm excited, nervous, and a little scared.   :P   I've never done anything quite like this before.  A part of me wants my shawls to be a hit and another part is worried that they might be too much of a hit and that I'll get overloaded.  Dither, dither.  There wasn't anyone there with anything like them at the last one we attended, so I really don't know what to expect.

Michelle, I've been thinking about you and your family.  Things will probably feel up, down sideways, and upside down for a while.  Taking things one day at time or an hour at a time or even less will help you get through everything.  You can always come in here for a long-distance hug or three.   :hug 

Judy, the scarf is a nice addition to the adorable hat.  Great job on both.   :clap 

I went along to GS's occupational therapy yesterday.  It was super interesting.  They are working on large muscle coordination and balance a lot right now.  He finds most of it a lot of fun and he's doing very well.

Wishing you all a good day and a great weekend.   :ghug 

'Morning, ladies. :)

Cindy ~ Is today "back to work" day?  I hope you were able to craft and read yesterday. :yes

Linda ~ Can't wait to hear about your craft fair today!  Your shawls are always gorgeous. :)

Michelle ~ Your plan for a crafting weekend sounds perfect.  I know there's always laundry, bills, cooking...but some time for ourselves is a good thing. :hook 

Hi the rest of our house, too. ♥

Luke has his last soccer game this morning.  It's the second make-up game due to rain.  It's cloudy and in the 50's but that will feel good compared to the full sun and hot weather!  Then DD, Sil and the boys are going to the TCU game, so they have a full day.

Have a wonderful day, everyone. :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Michelle, I am so sorry to hear of your fil's passing. Hugs and prayers for you and your family. I lost my brother in february. Part of me is not looking forward to the holidays. 

Linda, I hope your craft show was a success for everyone. Congratulations on a new furbaby. Glad DGS is enjoying his therapy. It's always easier when things can be fun. I enjoy the friendships we all have developed here. I have to say your all my closest friends. 

Judy, The hat and scarf are really cute and the little girl receiving them love them.

Mary, Love the baby afghan. I just asked DD about getting out the baby blanket I made for her when she was a baby. It was pink, blue and white varigated. And also the blankets her great aunt made for her when she was a baby. She added them to her list of things to do. I can't wait for this little guy to play sports so we can go to his games.

Joanne, DH will love his blanket this winter when he's all snuggled under watching football. Is the other blanket for DD? I forgot. Both turned out great.

Cindy, Thanks for sharing the links for the cowls. There going to be great gifts. 

LeeAnn, Hope you are able to get some me time.

DD only has a few more days of work left then she will be off at least 8 weeks. She can have 12 weeks. She really does work for a great company. While off she gets full pay and earns vacation time. She is ready. 

It was a busy week this week for us. Hubby had an appt with the dietician for his diabetes. She is so helpful. He had a dentist appt for his cleaning. We seen the heart doctor yesterday. They are going to order a sleep test at hubby's request. He doesn't sleep well and hasn't for years. He does snore, but not loudly and he does stop snoring but I don't know if he quits breathing or not. He would have to snore louder than me for me know or be awakened and he don't.

We went out to eat at Applebee's for veteran's day. He ended up with his sugar being way to high which was a first. Since he wasn't feeling right several hours after eating I had him check his sugar and I checked his blood pressure. Took the readings to the heart doctor and he said his pulse and blood pressure were to low so we are moving one of his pills around and watch things. 

He has one more appt monday with his doctor at the va then he should be all set until december. 

I'll be working on the babies car seat cover tonight. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hi ladies. Yes, back to work today. It was actually a really good day...once I got over being rudely awakened at 5:30 AM by the alarm clock. I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm tired now.

I did not do any crafting yesterday. I decided to fill a bunch of shoe boxes for operation Christmas child. I ended up spending several hours shopping for those, and then wrapping boxes and cramming as much stuff in them as I could get in. The deadline is this coming week, and if I get them to church tomorrow, they will take care of getting them to a collection place. I also discovered that I could have saved myself the work. For $25 I can just fill a virtual box on their website. I spent close to that much per box, plus they ask for $7 per box to cover shipping. So next year I might take the lazy route!

Good evening to you all.  I am bushed!  We finished setting up this morning after figuring out the layout of our area last night.  DD sold a bunch of spindles today and GS sold 8 of his rubber band bracelets.  I didn't have any sales of my shawls, but did get a ton of compliments on them.  Most of the people there were there because they are crafters themselves, which makes their compliments even nicer as they appreciate the work that goes into them.  Stopped at DD's house afterwards and fell asleep in the chair.  She woke me up to bring me home to my fur babies.  

Cindy, those boxes for charity are a great idea.  I know that a check covers the filling of them, but have always liked filling them myself.

Marlene, you and hubby have had quite a week.  Hope that next week goes at a slower pace for you.

Mary, hope that Luke did well at soccer.  They grow up so fast.

Thinking of you all.  :ghug 

Hi, ladies....I don't know where the days are going! I stop by to read the posts and then have to go do something....I did clean out my corner cabinet where I keep spices and baking things on a three tier lazy susan. Felt good to finally finish that! Vet visits...so much keeps me preoccupied. Sparkie has a double ear infection and something going on between the toes of one foot, so antibiotics for the foot and ear meds...  took Lucy in too, so they could both get mani/pedis. It's exhausting for all of us, esp since the vet can't examine Sparkie unless he's muzzled. He goes for me too, when I try and put something on his foot to just cover it.

Thank you all for the compliments on the scarf. Her mom said they were both a hit and she sent me a couple of pictures of her DD wearing them...with a huge smile on her face!

Have  a good week everyone

Good Morning, House. :)  It was a long night with thunderstorms...and Gracie's panic mode.

Marlene ~ Oh, you all had quite the week last week.  (I totally understand the stress of lots of appointments!)  You all are doing all the right things and hopefully hubby's sugar levels will stabilize soon.  DH had the overnight sleep test last year.  I remember having to take him at 8p.m. and pick him up at 6a.m.  Like you, I made DD's afghans in pink and blue...we didn't know the sex back then! Lol  When will you be going to DD's?

Linda ~ The craft fair sounds like a wonderful time!  I'm so sorry you had no sales, but the exposure was a good thing.  :yes   Are there any shops you could talk to about selling them?  How is Mr. Midnight doing? :)

Cindy ~ That would be hard to hear that alarm so early after being on vacation!  Have you had any winter weather yet?

Judy ~ Aww, I hope Sparkie's infections clear up quickly. :manyheart   Gracie is past due for grooming and her flu shot is due this month - I agree the days go by too fast!  And I have one of those 3 tier lazy susan's in my cupboard, too...with too many out of date spices on it. :lol

We're supposed to have severe weather this afternoon and tonight, so I want to run errands early this a.m.  I've had several sales in my shop lately, which is always fun.  So the post office is on the list. 

Have a good Monday, friends. ♥♥♥

Good morning. It's a nice day out there again! I can hardly believe it's mid November. DH says that there is rain in the forecast for tomorrow, followed by snow later in the week. Today I have the sheets hanging outside though. I got up early and went to work for a meeting. I was back home before 8:30.

Mary, we haven't ever had a dog that was bothered by storms. Brittanies are bred to hunt so loud noises are exciting to them. Moves have even loved fireworks. However my parents had a German shepherd that was absolutely petrified of storms. My mom used to let him cower in the closet. Or he would crawl behind the sofa. It was a very tight fit for him, but if he was scared enough he could squeeze himself back there. And congrats on the sales. That has to be exciting!

Linda, I'm sorry you didn't sell anything at the craft show. I bet DGS was excited that his bracelets sold!

Judy, poor Sparkie, hope he's better soon.

Marlene, it sure sounds like your life has been busy. Hope hubby's blood sugars stay controlled.

Good afternoon House!

Michelle-so sorry to hear about the new haircut.  I had a bad one a few months ago and am still going thru the outgrowing stages..no fun.  I promised myself that I would never cut it as short again.  How are you feeling?  Have things slowed down a bit for you?

Linda-your new furbaby sounds just adorable!  We have a very spoiled cat, Skippy..he is part Siamese and really bosses us around.  But we love him.  Bazaars are hard, I started off doing bazaars.  Did them for 3 years before I opened up the shop, boy oh boy are they hard work.  I did meet some amazing folks.  Most come into my shop to buy goodies, I appreciate all of them.  

Mary-Woohoo!  Congratulations for the online sales!  Feels good, I bet.  

Judy-you are so organized.  I am taking head and re-organizing a bit here in the studio today.  Glad to hear that the gal loved her new scarf and hat set. 

Marlene-your grandbaby is almost here!  I bet your dd is getting more and more excited.  That is great that she can take time off from work.  Makes it all a tiny less stressful.

Cindy-that is so kind of you to put together boxes for Operation Christmas Child.   :hug   It feels good to give back.

Joanne-how are you?  Did you have an enjoyable weekend?

Jill-how ya doing?  

I am happy to say that all of the Pamper Me Parties are done as well as Craft Night.  Feels good to take a break from it all.  With the kiddos and the shop I have been so busy.  Today is  my day to work on product and get my weekly chores done.  I only had a small list of items to create, more paperwork tho..spent the entire morning working on it.  I have my binder all ready for taxes, receipts are filed, daily sales are entered and all bills are paid..whew!  I feel so much better.  Must finish my household chores.  Only have the bathrooms to clean.  Maybe just maybe I can have the rest of the evening off.

Hope you are all having a Marvelous Monday!  hugs!

Archived