Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi House. :)

Judy ~ Love the scarf!  The colors are great - good for you for keeping something for yourself. :yes

I started feeling like I'm going to live today. Lol  Not up for driving yet, but hopefully tomorrow.  I crocheted this afternoon and it felt wonderful!

Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone!!

I love your scarf Judy!! That looks like a skinny one, so that would be something we might wear here... It just doesn't get cold enough here for thick ones hardly but we like to use them as fashionable sometimes!!

Glad to know you are feeling some better Skysmom!! Hope everyone else is...

I didnt' get to do much today but ride the roads... dentist appointment an hour and a half away  so..... maybe tomorrow.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Glad your feeling better. I hope tomorrow is even better. DD goes to the doctor tomorrow so we'll see what the doctor says. I really hope he doesn't come early as hubby has some appt coming up and I have to stay at Maya's for two weeks.

We've been to the VA twice this week. To one we've never been to. If you put in a claim for something you have, you have to go see them. It likes a doctors appt. Monday was for the heart and diabetes. From that one she recommended doing his eyes, because he is at a very early stage of a diabetes problem on his left eye. The doctor we seen today said he sees lots of vets and if you can keep the diabetes under control  it won't get worse. Since I always ask questions he told me not to worry about it. I'll look it up later and see what it's all about. I know my brother in-law had problems with his eyes from diabetes.

I've crocheting on these rain boots. I see why people make 2 slippers at the same time. I've made three boots and two are not the same soI frogged one and remade it. They still don't come out the same size.

Hope everyone has a nice week!

Marlene, the eye problems in diabetes are a result of poor blood sugar control. If a patient can keep his sugars under control, the risk of complications is significantly less. We have a friend who has been diabetic since the age of 4. He is in his 60s now and doesn't have diabetic eye problems. His mom kept a close watch on his sugars when he was a child and he continued to do that as well.

Good morning ladies. It's cool and gloomy here again. The grass is covered with leaves, but there are still lots of leaves on the trees.

I've had a very busy week so far. well, except for yesterday. I stayed home all day. I did some cleaning and helped DH hang a door. We are slowly replacing the flat cheap doors in our house with fancier doors. We are also replacing the woodwork, one room at a time. Today I need to do laundry and finish cleaning and I need to make some sort of dessert for tonight. We are going to dinner with friends and DH invited them to come back here for dessert. Tomorrow, I hope to go to a craft show with my oldest DD.

I have managed to do a bit of crocheting despite the busy days. Still working on the apple crisp cowl for DD.

Mary, I hope you are continuing to feel better.

Off I go to start laundry....

Have a great day ladies.

'Morning, all. :rain   It's a wonderfully cool, rainy day here.  We need all we can get!  It's supposed to be cool and clear for trick or treaters tomorrow.

Michelle ~ Oh dear, if I lived that far from the dentist I might not make it. ;)   Years ago we had a small farm and we were 40 miles from the closest store and DD's school.  One winter we were iced in for almost two weeks...we moved back to the city not long after that. Lol

Marlene ~ I'm so curious...what did the doctor say? :c9  

Cindy ~ You all have lots of projects planned!  Enjoy your dinner tonight. :yes

Hi to everyone at Our House!

Thank you all for the well - wishes. :manyheart   This will be ongoing for many months...now we wait for 3 months or so for the bone graft to do its thing. The discomfort is about gone - yay!

Crochet time for me this afternoon!  Have a good day, everyone. ♥♥♥

Good morning House!

Remember me?  Feels like so long since my last post.  It was pretty touch and go for a few days.

Read thru all of the posts, you are all keeping so busy!

Today is my 2nd Anniversary here at the shop, to celebrate I am going to treat myself to a "FREE Day" a little bit of hooky time is in order.

Have a wonderful day,hugs!

hi, ladies!

Hi, Cindy, Marlene and LeeAnn.

Mary, so glad you're feeling better.

Michelle, it is a skinny scarf.

Busy making little girl hats...will post pics when I can.

Short but sweet for now.....Later, gators.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Thanks for the info on diabetes.

Mary, No new news on the baby. Time is seeking up on us though. Three more weeks.

We are at DD's this weekend. We went to Maya's school to watch the kids. They had a parade. It was really fun seeing all the kids dressed up and having lots of fun. Today we are taking her to the mall for trick or treating. It's suppose to rain here all day when it starts. Tonight we might take her to either a church in the neighborhood or to her friend Kolby's school for trunk or treat.

I need to go get a shower and get ready to go. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Hello all...

Just checking back after a few days... I hope everyone is doing well.

This has been a hard week! I have already been overwhelmed.. my DH and I have been having alot on our shoulders, but my FIL was put in the hospital Friday very sick... They drew 3 liters of fluid off his abdomen and tell us there is something wrong with his liver. They have not officially told us because they are still running tests but think it is liver cancer. So I have been just overwhelmed. I lost my parents and ties to my extended family just 4 years ago. My mother died suddenly 1 week after we found out my stepfather had cancer and then I helped take care of him until the end when he came to live with me on hospice until he died. No one has voiced it yet, but my FIL is 80 yrs old and cannot go back home to live by himself...So I am very worried of what that means for us... I don't mean to be be selfish, but I just don't think I have what it takes to go through this again. physically or emotionally. I am really concerned for our family.... but somehow this will be alright and so glad that I can come check in here for a while and see all the new things created and catch up on all of you!!

On a good note, I have gotten some crocheting done on a Christmas afghan I'm making for my DIL and planning on a few small projects for a swap that I've joined!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Happy Crocheting!!

Good Sunday morning, everyone. :)

LeeAnn ~ Happy 2nd anniversary in your shop!  I'm glad you took some time for yourself - you deserve it! :yes 

Marlene ~ Maya must be so happy to have you all there for Halloween.  Safe travels on your way home. :manyheart

Michelle ~ Sending you gentle hugs and prayers. :hug   I'm so sorry about your FIL.  Feeling overwhelmed is normal and you are not being selfish at all! :manyheart   We're always here for eachother, so come here for hugs anytime. :)

Judy ~ Can't wait to see the baby hats!

We had quite a lot of kids last night.  They are so cute and there were some wonderful costumes!  Now I just need to get the extra candy out of the house. ;)

Good morning house!

What a week. Did came down last Saturday. We spent the day together with middle dd and throughout the day I could feel a cold coming on and worsening. They went o youngest dd's house and I went home. By Sunday, I was pretty sick and needless to say did Not make it to jersey boys. :-(

Dd stayed at her sisters house and on Monday I went there since I was feeling much better than I was Sunday. We had lunch together and then I took her to the train. I went to work the rest of the week and basically went to bed early every night

We had fun yesterday with the boys for Halloween. Like Mary, I have lots of candy left. I'll be taking it to work tomorrow. Today we are going to youngest dd's house to celebrate her birthday. I remember trick or treating with my 2 girls and then going to the hospital the next day to give birth to daughter #3! Wasn't that just a few years ago??? Time is flying by!!!!!

Hope you all have a good day!!!!

Hi Joanne ~ I'm so sorry you've been sick and that you had to miss the jersey boys. :hug   My DD's birthday is Nov. 25th and we brought her home from the hospital on Thanksgiving Day that year. :c9

I hope everyone has had a good weekend. :ghug

Thank you Judy and Mary!! Right now I am accepting all hugs!! And Mary you knew exactly what to say as I was feeling so guilty for even thinking that way... He took a downturn today and looks like kidneys are shutting down. From the cancer or from the dye "stunning" them from the tests we are waiting and seeing. If they get better, I know now that it will be him going to his house with us taking turns or it will be my house with mainly me. But I'm am much more at peace today.. I know the Lord will give us all we need to do this and it sure helps having a place I can come enjoy and not feel guilty!! :yes

Hi Joanne!! I sure hope you get to feeling much better real quick!! yes I have a little candy that needs to be gone also!! We had 1 family of 4 kids show and then really severe weather (tornado) flew over and the rain set in...still raining.. our 2 gs popped in after the threat passed by.

Well been a hard day and I need to rest while I can!

Wish you all a good night!

Good morning ladies. We are supposed to have an unseasonably warm, sunny day today, with highs around 70. Most years we have snow by this time!

We are going to go spend a couple of days in Indianas Amish country. I have two weeks of vacation but we didn't make plans because of my in-laws poor health. It's probably for the best, DH is behind on his work because of how much time he needed to spend with his parents. Now his youngest brother, who is a bachelor, was just diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma, so that will mean more time away from work for him if his brother needs help. They have two other brothers but usually everything is done by my DH, one of my sisters in law or me, if something happens to fall on my day off.

Michelle, hugs and prayers. That's a tough spot. I wonder if you could get everyone to still spend some time helping,maven if your fil ends up at your house.

Joanne, I'm sorry that you missed The Jersey Boys because of illness. Hope you feel better this week.

Mary, I'm sorry to hear that more surgeries are going to be needed. Mhope you get a break in between.

Judy, looking forward to seeing little girl hats! On Saturday I went to a craft show with youngest DD, and there were tons of girl things including lots of hats. Prices were all over, I actually saw knit washcloths for $1, but I also saw crocheted cowls, made from acrylic yarn for $75. Then there were beautiful knit cowls, made from alpaca yarn for $30 and $40. I think those would be more than worth it, but I wouldn't pay $75 for a double crochet cowl made from Red Heart Super Saver yarn. One booth had crocheted hats priced mostly between $10 and $20, which I thought was really reasonable, even cheap. She had some $5 hats as well, but they were just utilitarian, straight double crochet beanies.

Marlene, it doesn't seem like it's already almost time for baby to put in an appearance. MiscMaya excited.

Linda, how is DGS doing?

LeeAnn, congrats on the store anniversary. Hope you got some rest.

'Morning, all.

Michelle ~ Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way. :manyheart   I saw pictures of the terrible storms -  I hope you all are okay.

Cindy ~ Enjoy your short get away!  I'm so sorry about your brother in law. :hug

Hi to the rest of our house, too!

I'm still moving a bit slower than usual.  I guess it's due to the anaesthesia and the mega doses of antibiotics.  Jess is finally being released to go home today.  A friend of ours is taking DH to pick up Jess later this afternoon...I'm staying in for a change. :yes

I've been working on another baby 'ghan and finished a scarf yesterday. :)

Hi peeps

Cindy, I agree with you about the prices you saw for the hats and cowls.

The hat and scarf I made for the 2 yo came out cute. The little neighbor whose mom is the NICU nurse wants blue. One color and no flower or anything else on it. Her coat is turquoise so it'll at least be pretty that way.

Forgot to take a picture of the scarf. Basic hdc with contrasting pink on the border.

post-8552-0-31165000-1446569900_thumb.jpg

Good afternoon!

Am finally getting a chance to hop on here and respond.  I check in often but then get sidetracked when it's time to post.   :lol

Judy-Your hat is just the cutest!  Love pink and the flower too.  I bet the blue will be nice too!  

Joanne-Sorry to hear that you missed seeing your Jersey boys, do you feel better?  Do you still go to Craft Night on Mondays?

Mary-Oh no, hoping that you were able to get a bit of R & R today.  Is Jess better?  I hope that he is following dr.s orders.  

Jill-how are ya doing?  What projects are you working on?

Cindy-Wow!  You never know what price folks will set for their work.  I think I always price my crochet/knit items too low, it's a slippery slide.  I love going to bazaars and am planning on going to one this weekend.  

Michelle-so sorry to hear about your father in-law.   :hug and prayers headed your way.

Marlene-EEEEKKK!  The new baby will be here before we know it!  I bet you are all just so excited and eager to meet the little one.

Busy busy as usual  here, getting ready for the upcoming holidays.  Re-arranging and cleaning here at the shop-that never ends.   :lol   Had to take the Halloween lights down and get ready to put up the Christmas ones, takes awhile to transform my tiny shop.  Other than that, working on a C2C baby afghan, am almost finished, can't wait to get to my  next project.  Little sweaters for my twin nieces, started one but need to get in gear and get them whipped up.  We will be visiting my twin for Thanksgiving, we want to take pictures.  I don't know if I had ever mentioned it to ya all, but I am a twin and my twin has twins.. :manyheart  :manyheart

Best get going and finish with the un-decorating.  hugs n squishes! :ghug

Hello everyone!!

Just saying he tonight. Been reading the posts and thank you for the prayers! Don't look like my FIL is going to make it out of hospital. This is rough! But with the Lord's help we are making it one day at a time...cause I know it will still be a ton of bricks when it happens..

Cindy -- many :hug  going out to you to and prayers for the situation with your BIL.... seems like it is so much of this kind of heartache around this time of year....

Mary --  I sure hope you are feeling much better!

Judy -- I Love the sweet little hat!!

LeeAnn -- you sound like you have alot happening!! I think you're soaps are so cute!

Well house, I am really just exhausted and not feeling well myself so I am going to bed really early....

Hi friends. :)

Judy ~ The hat is adorable! :c9  Aren't they fun to make? 

Michelle ~ Oh, I wish I was closer to give you real hugs. :hug   When my parents died 3 months apart two years ago, I think focusing as much as possible on "one day at a time" was a good thing.  Easy for me to say, but try and take time for you, too. :manyheart

LeeAnn ~ I bet you are in full swing for the holidays!  I love reading about your shop and various projects. :yes  

We've had our flu shots, the tires rotated and bought groceries this a.m.  DH has an eye appt. at 2:30.  Exciting day, huh? Lol 

Have a good afternoon, everyone. :)

HI ladies. We got home from our little getaway a couple of hours ago. We had absolutely unbelievable November weather. It was sunny and beautiful, with highs in the 70s.

We are all unpacked and dh is raking leaves. It's 75 degrees here, and he us complaining about being hot!

The refrigerator we bought 6 weeks ago is finally in and will be delivered tomorrow. I emptied the china cabinet so we can move it out of the way, and next I will move the stuff from the refrigerator freezer into the big freezer.

I pulled spaghetti out of the freezer for dinner, (gotta love having a meal or two in the freezer!), and I figured out something to take to a work friends get together tomorrow. It will mean a trip to the grocery store, but I'm going out to a ladies Bible study tonight so I will be out anyways.

Friday my sister in law from Indiana is coming over. Friday would have been my I laws 64th wedding anniversary, so she decided to come spend the day with her mom. The entire family will be going out to dinner that evening.

Judy, that little hat is adorable!

Michelle, hugs and prayers for you. My fil just passed away, and I lost my parents ten days apart just three years ago. Time helps.

Mary, your day sounds busy!

Good morning

Cindy, it sounds like you had a lovely get- a - way The weather here has been awesome too. I could get used to this year round, but will enjoy it while I can.

Michele. Hugs to you!

Love the hat Judy. I finished two hats for my grandsons. It I forgot to take pics. I'll have to take pictures with them wearing the hats the next time I see them

Leeann I,m sure you are in real production mode for the upcoming holidays. Exciting but exhausting times. Take care of you

Mary. How was your "fun" day yesterday? Glad you are doing ok.

Still have a lingering cough, but am 95% better!!!! Off I go to get ready for another day in paradise

Have a good day everyone !

thanks for the compliments, ladies!

Mary, hats are fun...and relatively quick, so I get that instant gratification.

I've been reading a lot lately - but have a skinny scarf on my hook that I started with a package of the Lion Brand Bon Bons...till I got distracted by a book :lol

Cindy, I know about being warm - it was over 70 today and HUMID! Ick.  It felt like early summer.

Hugs to everyone.  :manyheart

Archived