Our House Part Two

JulieKay

'Morning, all. :)

LeeAnn ~ Thank you for the compliment!  I'm glad things have slowed down a bit for you.  It's always so hard when everything happens at once - that's when I get overwhelmed, too.  :yes 

Cindy ~ You all are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug

We're leaving shortly for DH's colonoscopy...poor guy is so tired.  I'm taking a wip with me. :)

Have a good day, everyone! :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. It's still gloomy here. Yesterday was quite warm...but gloomy. Not a lot of fall color to be seen here yet either.

Father in law continues to slowly decline. My sister and brother in law from Indiana are coming today, and staying here. I assume that they will stay until he passes away. Mil is hanging in there.

I have to go in to work for a bit this afternoon, and then I will stop by the nursing home to see him. I will need to go buy some groceries as well, since we will have house guests.

Mary, hope DH's colonoscopy goes well. He might be tired now, but hopefully the sedation will help him catch up on his sleep afterwards.

Hi, peeps

I'm working on a simple v st scarf for a friend....she gifted me with a GC for AC Moore...a very generous one...so I wanted to make a scarf for her. It's black, her colors, and I'm using RH soft....

Mary, I think I'm getting close to feeling like myself, but shopping at the mall still exhausts me. I went yesterday and stayed way less than 2 hours and only put a dent in what I needed to get. Walking up our hill outside here is great, though. I can take long, deep breaths without any problem. We took the pups for a walk this morning, too. First time in months...it's finally cool out.

Take care, my friends....remember to whatch out for yourselves first ...then you can take care of everyone else.

Hi House. :)  

Judy ~ I love using the v-stitch, but don't love working with black yarn. ;)   I know your friend will cherish her scarf! 

Cindy ~ Thinking of you and your family. :manyheart

Tomorrow I get to stay home! Yay!  DH is having lunch with the guys and I'll have a couple of hours to myself. :)

Have a good evening, everyone. ♥♥♥

Mary, enjoy having some ME time tomorrow!

...and I really don't like working with black...my eyes give me fits unless the lighting is perfect. It's finished already, and I'm going to embroider her initial on it in white. Probably use the chain st.

I just saw your siggy line ...you are a bag lady! :clap  :clap  :clap Off I go to see the picture of it.....

Hi House. :)  

DD and the boys came over after she picked up Luke from school.  They rode their scooters -  always full of energy!  And now it's time to think about dinner.

Cindy ~ We're all thinking of you at this difficult time. :hug

Have a good evening, all. :manyheart

Good morning

Cindy, thinking about you and your family.

Mary, Yes little boys are full of energy, but oh so much fun!

I've made it to another milestone birthday and we are going to go to a harvest,arts, family fun day festival in ocean grove with dd and the boys today Tomorrow they are taking me out to brunch.

In two weeks dd Is coming down from Boston and we are going to celebrate again. We were supposed to go to see the who in concert, but lead singer is sick and they cancelled so we are going to do something else instead. They had planned the concert a year ago and we were all looking forward to it. Disappointed ! But the main thing is we are all keeping the plan to all be together the weekend of the 24th we are going to go to a local theatre to see a local play and then out to eat. All of my dd, my sil and , DH.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Happy Happy Birthday Joanne!  Your weekend sounds like it is going to be super fun!  

Hello to the rest of the house, working at the shop today.  Going to check in the new yarn order.  Talk to you all soon, hugs!

I had an awesome day!!! I should turn 60 more often. Lol. Dd made me a key lime pie which is my favorite. We had a great time at ocean grove and then went back to dd's house. The boys played outside and then we went out to dinner and back to their house so they could sing happy birthday to me. My dd's and son in law and DH surprised me by telling me that we are not going to a local play on the 25th but are going to see jersey boys in NYC. I'm so excited.!!, tomorrow the celebration continues with brunch and middle dd will be joining us to. I feel so spoiled and loved!!!!

Good morning, everyone. :)

LeeAnn ~ I hope you had a great day at your shop yesterday! 

Joanne ~ Oh, what a wonderful weekend you're having!  I can't even remember my 60th birthday. :lol   And going to see Jersey Boys is  a fantastic way to end your birthday month!

Judy ~ Did you finish the black scarf? 

We went to Luke's soccer game yesterday morning....always great entertainment. ;)   

hi, peeps!

Joanne, what a great surprise!

Mary, I don't remember turning 60, either....lol!

And I did finish the scarf - put my friend's first initial on it, too - looked too plain otherwise...

I'll get a pic and post it - though I'm sure there won't be much detail to look at...

Have a good day, my friends - it's a beautiful, cool and crisp morning here. My kind of weather!

The scarf is lovely, Judy.  :clap  I love the letter in chain stitches - yours are so even and perfect!  Do you crochet over stitches or attach after the letter is made?  (Hope that makes sense lol)  I've never been good at "surface" add-ons.

We're having temps in the mid 90's again and are under fire warnings because of the wind!  Sure doesn't feel like autumn here. :no

Have a good evening, friends. :manyheart

It was a glorious weekend. Weather was pretty amazing too. Such beauty with the leaves changes Mother Nature really can be quite spectacular!

Now it's time to get ready for the Giants football game. Doubt I'll stay up for the entire game or I'll be quite the tired "old" lady at work tomorrow!!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, So sorry for the loss of your FIL. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary, That's a pretty baby blanket.

Judy, Lovely scarf for your friend. A nice spiderweb decoration. I put out a few pumpkins for fall time.

LeeAnn, Way to go on your orders. You may super busy with the holidays coming up. The baby shower decorations sound really cute.

Jill, I love the property brothers. They opened a new outlet mall and they had the property brothers there. If it hadn't been opening day of that mall I would of gone to see them. My granddaughter Maya was here and woke up super early that morning and asked if we were going to go see them.

We have had a lot of things going on. The calendar is just crazy! DD had to go to Detroit over night so I went and stayed there. I had to take Maya to school and pick her up. Her school was having a fundraiser at Culiver's so she and I went there for dinner. I met her teacher. She is awesome! You can tell she loves her job and her kids (students).

We have been spending a lot of time up to Gordy and Mary's. He is back in the hospital now. He went in last night. He has an infection in his leg. He's retaining fluid again to.

Hubby seen a dietician for his diabtes. She was very helpful.

We went up north yesterday to visit some friends from Texas. She sent me home with a comforter bag of yarn and thread. There getting rid of things they don't use. We seen a lot of nice fall colors but were not at peak yet.

Today was the anniversary of my dads death. It's been 45 years. It was also my nieces birthday.

We are less than 6 weeks now and are new grandbaby will be here. We're pretty excited.

I went to the doctor last week for my foot pain. I had an x-ray on it. Now I'm waiting to find out what the problem is.

Hope everone has a great week!

Archived