Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi house,

Seems like forever since I have posted.  I've just been busy with "life".  Trying to make some scarves for possible Christmas gifts. Quick and easy.  Went to Atlanta area for the weekend to visit DS, weather was dreary, cool and rainy Saturday but beautiful yesterday.  He has been working on some remodeling of his house and needed parental approval.  LOL. 

Joanne, sounds like you had a wonderful birthday.  Best wishes for this next year. 

Marlene, sounds like you have been busy.  So sorry Gordy is back in the hospital.

Judy, great looking scarf for your friend!

Hi to everyone else too. Hope you all are having a great week! 

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/155543-bright-colored-scraves/

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Monday, ladies. :)

Marlene ~ So good to see your post. :yes   Only 6 weeks until Maya's brother arrives - the time goes by so fast!  I know you all are very excited. :c9   I'm so sorry about Gordy.  I hope the doctors can turn things around fairly quickly.  Please let us know about your x-rays...foot pain is not fun. :hug

Jill ~ Your scarves are gorgeous!  I love the colors and pattern you chose...and I agree about bright, happy colors!

Joanne ~ Oh, I bet it wasn't fun getting back to reality this morning. ;)  But you have the concert to look forward to! 

Cindy ~ I hope you all are doing okay. :hug

Linda ~ We miss you! ♥♥♥

I hate clothes shopping, but I really need some things.  So off I went to Dillards and Macy's this a.m.  For once I found some things I like and that fit!  Yay!

Coincidentally, Jess was transported from Kindred acute care back to the hospital this morning.  They are going to do a surgical procedure because his infection hasn't cleared up yet.  We've been going to see him about 3 times a week all this time, but he didn't call us this a.m. and let us know. :(   I was very close to Kindred today, so just ran in to see him and get any laundry, but he was gone.  We're trying to find out the schedule.

Enough talking for now.  ;)   Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Hi ladies, back to life as usual around here.

Mary, I went shopping this morning too. I had to get a birthday gift for my grand daughter and bought myself some pants, a dress and two tops while I was at it. I rarely go shopping, it's not something I enjoy, so I thought I'd better make the most of it. Usually we go down to the Smokey Mountains every fall, and I hit the outlet malls there, but we decided not to make plans to go this fall because of fil and mil's health issues. Sending good thoughts for your friend Jess.

Judy, your chain stitched initial looks great on that scarf.

Jill, love the colors on your scarves. I like some color as well, so the scarf I made myself is red, but when I give scarves for gifts I often choose more subdued colors. I'm not sure why...maybe because I tend to gravitate toward neutrals for gifts.

Marlene, six more weeks! I bet everyone is getting anxious! Hope Gordie makes a quick recovery.

Joanne, your birthday sounded just wonderful. I assume you have returned to "paradise" today!

LeeAnn, hope you had a good day at the shop yesterday.

Linda...are you out there?

Well. Better get started on getting my house back in order. I've been procrastinating all day...although I have gotten a good start on the laundry....

Cindy ~ I'm so glad you posted.  So many of us have been through similar times and at least for me, getting back to "everyday normal" is a good thing.  Of course, I'm never sure what normal is anymore. ;)  Yay for finding some clothes!

Good morning all!  Quick flyby to share the finished projects since the photos are on the home computer thought I would share them then post more when I get to the shop.

Here are the finished pups and the baby ghan that I finally finished.  Hugs!  Be back later!

post-33271-0-62616700-1444743623_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-98306400-1444743714_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-36548700-1444743762_thumb.jpg

Good afternoon ladies!

My oh my!  Where did the morning go?  It is almost 4 here, I have been working on computer work all day.  Nice to get caught up and see what you all are up to.

Jill-the scarves are lovely!  I really like the pattern, would you mind sharing the link?  The ladies in my group will love it I am sure.  I like the bright colors too!

Mary-I bet it is hot hot hot in your neck of the woods!  Here in Colorful Colorado we are having unusually hot days.  It has been almost 80 degrees.  I'm one happy gal as our winters are long.

Joanne-how was Paradise after a few days off?  Hope you are enjoying your days.

Judy-love your scarf too!  I sell a lot of black scarves here at the shop but not a lot of black yarn, how strange is that?  

Marlene-sorry to hear that Gordy has an infection, hopefully it will clear up soon.

Cindy-I'm not into clothes shopping.  I usually go every two years and try to buy everything in one whack..get it all done.  But finding good deals is fun too!

I received another baby shower order.  It's a bit of a different them-Day of the Dead..wasn't sure about it..but it's what my customer wanted.  So lips, skulls and flowers are what she ordered. Have 25 sets of them to make AND..I also scored a HUGE order.   220 Sets of my Patriotic Stars soaps!  wooohooo!  Each set will include 3 stars-red, white and blue for a grand total of 660 soaps!  My heart is still pounding but I think I can..I think I can..I have quite a bit of time to get them whipped up.  Going to order more molds and get to work after the holidays.  I am so excited!

Time to get my heads out of the clouds and get back to work, have a wonderful evening!

I posted earlier...and it never showed up....

Love the eye candy! Great work, ladies, and thanks for sharing.

Mary, I embroidered the letter through part of the thickness of the yarn. Embroidery was the first skill I learned as a girl, so anything I embroider I just eyeball, and it usually comes out ok. If not, I try, try again..lol!

Hi House. :)

LeeAnn ~ Your puppies are adorable!  I love the baby 'ghan, too. :c9  Congratulations on your orders...I know it's a lot of work, but your shop is so special I'm not surprised. :)

Judy ~ Thank you for sharing  your embroidery info.  It is so perfect, can I hire you to do that for me? :D

Hi Joanne!

I'll catch up more tomorrow - Have a good night, all. :manyheart

Good morning. Brrr...cold here this morning. DH got up at 5:30 to take his brother in for some out patient surgery and I couldn't get back to sleep. I'm planning to spend the day with oldest DD. I'm not sure what she has planned. Her sister in law took her kids for the day. She will probably want to shop and go out for lunch, but she also said something about crafting. Guess I'll find out eventually.

LeeAnn. Love those little dogs and the blanket. Congrats on the big order.

I'm not meeting DD until 10, so I suppose that gives me time to get a few things done. Have a great day.

'Morning, everyone. :)

Cindy ~ Spending a day with your DD must have been a nice break for both of you!  I don't imagine she has much time away from all of her kiddos at the same time. ;)  I'm glad it's feeling like autumn somewhere...it was 97 here yesterday!  

We've hardly been home this week, but I hope to stay home today.  Between DH's appts. and Jess, I am very tired of hospitals and doctor's offices.  The laundry is piled up and I'm having crochet withdrawal. Lol

Have a wonderful morning, ladies. :manyheart

Good morning ladies. It is cold here. Yesterday was pretty chilly too, and since we were out by the north end of Lake Michigan, the wind was bitterly cold. Luckily, I had packed quite a few layers, (I wore a tank top, a long sleeved top, a light knit jacket, (kind of like a cardigan), a lined lightweight jacket and a shawl over that. (See, crocheting does come in handy!). Plus I had gloves. DH on the other hand wore a light jacket over a long sleeved shirt and froze. I had thrown a lined fleece hoodie into the car for him, but he said he didn't need it. Later on he told me that he was freezing. I was quite comfortable.

Our little get away was very relaxing. We got a hotel on one of those discount sites, and it turned out to be very nice. It didn't look like much from the outside, but it turns out that it's actually a condominium hotel and each unit is individually owned. Our view was out onto the West Bay in Traverse City, and the room was very comfortable. It was also one of the cleanest hotel rooms that I have ever been in. We didn't do much besides drive around looking at the fall color, a bit of shopping and some lighthouse viewing, as it rained off and on,

This afternoon we will visit mil, and then we will be going to dinner at a friends home. Monday, it's back to work for me.

Good morning friends!  

Remember me?  I was lost in the hustle and bustle of life.  But am back :manyheart

Cindy-sounds like a very relaxing time, so glad that you had a nice comfy room.  That makes all of the difference.   :yes

Mary-did you get time to crochet?  I sure hope so :hug

Hello to the rest of the house! :ghug

I finally finished all of the baby shower favors, packaged them up and dropped them off at the Post Office..whew!  I have the second baby shower favors but they will ship out next week.  I am glad this way I can take my time finishing them up.  

My teenagers are going in two different directions, it can be exhausting.  Thankfully dh and I take turns.  I dropped dd off at the church this morning at 5:45, she is going to a retreat in New Mexico.  Dh will be doing the midnight run pickup.  After I dropped her off, I went back home and fell asleep.  I couldn't believe it!  Dh woke me up at 9 asking if I had to work today..uhhh YES!  Flew out of bed to rush and get ready.  I am here not all put together but clean and semi awake.   :lol

Am attaching photos of the finished baby shower favors, I hope that you all do not mind.  I have been setting up shop in our hallway, it's the only way I can watch both shops and get work done.  It is nice sharing with all of you.  Have a great weekend my friends!

post-33271-0-39205700-1445099026_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-27504100-1445099088_thumb.jpg

Hi, peeps!

LeeAnn, those favors are adorable!

Cindy, my hubby doesn't listen to me about his outerwear, either. What is it about men? So glad you were able to get away for a bit. You both needed it.

The weather here has definitely changed. Tonight it'll get into the thirties and there are frost warnings all around. My kind of weather :clap

Have a good rest-of-the-weekend, my friends!

Good Morning!

Cindy ~ Your trip sounds so fun!  Just a change of scenery makes such a difference sometimes. :)  Is your Mil doing okay?

LeeAnn ~ Your baby shower goodies look so cute!  The packaging is wonderful...and we always love pictures!  :yes  

Judy ~ Yes - cooler weather makes me happy, too!  It's only supposed to be in the 70's today and it's 54 right now...after the 90* days, this is heavenly.

Hi to the rest of the house, too!

Friday I met DD at Luke's school for their fall festival.  Luke was excited to show me his classrooms and all his projects. :)   Yesterday was Zach's 3rd birthday party.  It was at their house and she had family and a couple of friends.  The kids played outside most of the time and we had a good visit with the inlaws.

I can't seem to sleep past 4:30 anymore, so off I go to start laundry and take care of my neglected desk.  Have a wonderful day! :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Jill, The scarves are really pretty. I like the bright colors to.

Mary, I hope Jess is feeling better now. Happy Birthday to Zach. Hard to believe he is 3 already.

Cindy, Isn't it beautiful up around Traverse City? It's been a few years since we have been up and around the bay up there. My hubby over dresses. He likes it hot so when it cools down he will grab a winter coat. Which I noticed tonight when we were out he could use a new one for Christmas. Glad you were able to get away. You both probably needed a change.

LeeAnn, The pup are cute and your blanket looks great. Those party favors turned really cute. Congratulations on the huge order.

Judy, It has definetly been fall around here. I seen on facebook that different areas in Michigan got snow, but we left home at 4:30 am for Ohio so if it snowed here we missed it.

Linda, I hope all is okay with you.

Joanne, Hope you had a relaxing weekend.

My x-ray showed a bone spur. Tuesday I go to the foot doctor to see what to do about it. Been trying to make a pair of rain boots but the bottom of the boot looks funky. People were having problems and the pattern was updated, but I don't like how it is coming out. I looked on the sight to see if she had another pattern similar and she does. The stitch counts are the same, so tomorrow I will try this pattern out.

DD went to the doctor thursday and he told her the baby is crowned. He is crowning two weeks earlier than they normally do. Does that mean we will have a baby two weeks earlier? She don't know. She said she still has a lot to do so she hopes not. But she is on vacation this week so she better be busy. She has to use her vacation time up or she loses it. While she is off on maternity leave she earns vacation time and her full paycheck. She's very lucky to work for a great company and a company that takes care of there employees.

I went and picked Payton and Jocelyn up after school friday. One of the most stressful times I ever had doing it. The games there mother is playing on them and us is just unbeilieve able. She shouldn't even have the label of mother. I shouldn't have to pick them up again this year.

Stepdaughters grandpa died a couple of weeks ago. She called and asked us to take her to his funeral in Ohio. We did. I have to say it was one of the nicest services I've been to. The minister did a wonderful job.

Gordy is doing better and should be coming home tuesday.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Hi House,

Hope this finds everyone doing well.  Seems I can't get on very often long enough to post but I do slip in enough to keep up with what everyone is doing.  Time seems to slip away even though it doesn't seem like I accomplish very much.

Thank you for all the compliments on my scarves.  Here is the link to the pattern.  There is one error in the pattern, the starting chain should be a multiple of 3 + 2 chains.  It is written for homespun yarn so I changed it to use DK weight and Stylecraft Special DK made very soft scarves. 

Planning to visit Mom for her 91st birthday the first week in November.  Then Santa/Mrs. Claus season will be in full swing.  This year has just flown by.  I just realized I have been retired a whole year! 

Getting cooler here in Alabama.  I am enjoying the weather but wish we had more autumn colors. I love snuggling under a throw and reading or crocheting.

Hope everyone has a great week!  Take care.

Hello everyone.  The last several weeks have been super busy and extremely stressful.  Hopefully, I've got a better handle on things now.  I read back a couple of pages and see that you have all been very busy, too.

Happy Belated Birthday, Joanne.  Sounds like it was a good one.

Judy, the scarf is lovely.  I'm another one who doesn't like to crochet with the really dark colors.  I find that having a good light on it helps.

LeeAnne, all of your things look beautiful.  Congratulations on the big order.

Cindy, holding up you and your family in my prayers with this loss.

Marlene, it's hard to believe that the grandson is almost due.  My kids were both late, but maybe this one for you will be early.

GS had his 12th birthday last week.  On the actual day, we brought home take out and then played family Minecraft for a longer time than usual.  Friday night he had a sleep over with one of his friends.  Yesterday we went to Out Back Steakhouse for the family and close friends dinner.  There were 12 of us in all with 4 of them being kids.  It was loud but fun and the food was great.

Love to you all. 

Hi, my friends!!

Linda, it's good to "see" you! He's 12 already - good grief, that must mean we're all getting old! So glad it was a nice celebration. Are you working on anything?

Hi House,

Hope this finds everyone doing well.  Seems I can't get on very often long enough to post but I do slip in enough to keep up with what everyone is doing.  Time seems to slip away even though it doesn't seem like I accomplish very much.

Thank you for all the compliments on my scarves.  Here is the link to the pattern.  There is one error in the pattern, the starting chain should be a multiple of 3 + 2 chains.  It is written for homespun yarn so I changed it to use DK weight and Stylecraft Special DK made very soft scarves. 

Planning to visit Mom for her 91st birthday the first week in November.  Then Santa/Mrs. Claus season will be in full swing.  This year has just flown by.  I just realized I have been retired a whole year! 

Getting cooler here in Alabama.  I am enjoying the weather but wish we had more autumn colors. I love snuggling under a throw and reading or crocheting.

Hope everyone has a great week!  Take care.

Thanks for the correction on the pattern. Looks like mindless crochet - perfect for working on while watching TV.

Not sure why I can't get the link to post.  Here's another try.

http://www.yarnsandmusings.com/2005/09/snuggly-scarf-pattern-or-one-skein.html

Got it!

My pretty in pink blanket....changed hook and starting chain a little. Pattern is Cindy's peek-a-boo pattern from her blog. It's probably the third time I've made it, I think. It's so easy and always comes out just perfect!

post-8552-0-97047700-1445359794_thumb.jpg

Hi, all.  I am working on shawls.  DD and I are joining forces to have a booth at the craft fair here the middle of November.  I have eight completed and two that are about half done.  The one for me is down to about 12 more rows.  That one is not for sale!  Although if I was offered enough money I might be tempted.  We'll see.  

I gave one of the shawls to a lady in church who is battling cancer and having a hard time of it.  She immediately put it on and wore it all through the coffee hour after church.  It was in medium rainbow colors.

All for now.

Good afternoon House!

Mary-4:30 a.m. is early!  I would like to get up earlie so that I can get more done but it never seems to happen.  :manyheart   Do you go to bed early?  I am more of a morning person, always feel better earlier in the day.  

Cindy-ooohh it is cooling down here in my neck of the woods too.  We have had a bit of snow up in the mountains.  I'm not ready :lol I like warmer weather but I like snow too.  

Judy-your pink blankie is beautiful!  The pattern is awesome!  Will have to take a looksie at it.  I bet the ladies in my craft group will love it.  

Marlene-a bone spur sure sounds painful.  Oh my!  I hope that it isn't too painful to remove.  How exciting for your dd and new grandbaby to be.  Do they have a name picked out?

Jill-retirement sounds so heavenly.  I bet you are enjoying it.  You are right, time sure does fly by.  

Linda-happy 12th B-day to your gs.  Your dinner out sounds tasty.   :yes   Shawls are so much fun to make.  Have you heard of The Crochet Crowd?  They have an amazing tutorial for a shawl.

Here's the pattern, I had to watch the video but eventually I figured it out, it was so much fun!

http://www.yarnspirations.com/yes-yes-shawl.html

Finished another set of baby favors, am attaching pics to share with you.  I am officially caught up with orders on line and am almost finished with all crochet orders..woohoo!

hugs!

post-33271-0-56457000-1445363235_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-96757200-1445363249_thumb.jpg

Hi ladies. I've worked the past two days, it was just steady. I'm off until the weekend, but I will need to go in for a staff meeting Tomorrow or Friday. Tomorrow I'm having a grandson over for his birthday visit. We are going to make wooden pumpkins. (Actually they will just be pieces of 4x4 wood that he will paint orange and attach a stem to.) Then we will plant daffodil bulbs.

Linda, belated happy birthday to your DGS. Good luck with the craft fair. I did that a few times with my sister in law. It was actually a lot of fun. We didn't make a ton of money, but it was enough to make it worthwhile.

Nice blanket Judy. You've made that pattern more often than I have!

Marlene, I'm curious as to what they do about a bone spur. I think I have plantar fasciitis at the moment, but I've wondered if it could be a bone spur. I've had plantar fasciitis before, this doesn't seem quite as bad, but it's in the other foot, so maybe that's why it doesn't seem as bad.

Jill, thanks for the link to the scarf pattern.

LeeAnn, you keep so busy, and your products always look so nice. The packaging for those favors is just great.

Archived