Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi everyone! :waving 

I just re-found the Ville this weekend after being gone a couple of years and it is good to be back!! I have been reading the posts fheor the last couple days and catching up. I remembered many of the user names...

Anyway just wanted to check back in and say Hi!

Happy Crocheting!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Peeps!

I posted the boy colors square blanket on FB yesterday and my neighbor across the street wants to buy it! Her sister is having a baby boy tomorrow (being induced). Last night I made 2 hats to go with it - and got creative input from hubby. Love the final results! The hats were boring....now they're not....lol! Pic to follow - took one with my Kindle Fire....

Hi, all.  I am working on shawls.  DD and I are joining forces to have a booth at the craft fair here the middle of November.  I have eight completed and two that are about half done.  The one for me is down to about 12 more rows.  That one is not for sale!  Although if I was offered enough money I might be tempted.  We'll see.  

Oh....try and keep that shawl for you! We get so tempted, though....

I gave one of the shawls to a lady in church who is battling cancer and having a hard time of it.  She immediately put it on and wore it all through the coffee hour after church.  It was in medium rainbow colors.

That's so sweet of you....

All for now.

Good afternoon House!

Mary-4:30 a.m. is early!  I would like to get up earlie so that I can get more done but it never seems to happen.  :manyheart   Do you go to bed early?  I am more of a morning person, always feel better earlier in the day.  

Cindy-ooohh it is cooling down here in my neck of the woods too.  We have had a bit of snow up in the mountains.  I'm not ready :lol I like warmer weather but I like snow too.  

Judy-your pink blankie is beautiful!  Thanks! The pattern is awesome!  Will have to take a looksie at it.  I bet the ladies in my craft group will love it.  It's so easy and looks so pretty in person....  A loose tension (I used a J hook, not a K) and I added some more to the starting chain.

Marlene-a bone spur sure sounds painful.  Oh my!  I hope that it isn't too painful to remove.  How exciting for your dd and new grandbaby to be.  Do they have a name picked out?

Jill-retirement sounds so heavenly.  I bet you are enjoying it.  You are right, time sure does fly by.  

Linda-happy 12th B-day to your gs.  Your dinner out sounds tasty.   :yes   Shawls are so much fun to make.  Have you heard of The Crochet Crowd?  They have an amazing tutorial for a shawl.

Here's the pattern, I had to watch the video but eventually I figured it out, it was so much fun!

http://www.yarnspirations.com/yes-yes-shawl.html

Finished another set of baby favors, am attaching pics to share with you.  Cute! I am officially caught up with orders on line and am almost finished with all crochet orders..woohoo!

hugs!

I saved that shawl pattern....thanks! Is it 4 ply yarn? Looks like it....

Hi ladies. I've worked the past two days, it was just steady. I'm off until the weekend, but I will need to go in for a staff meeting Tomorrow or Friday. Tomorrow I'm having a grandson over for his birthday visit. We are going to make wooden pumpkins. (Actually they will just be pieces of 4x4 wood that he will paint orange and attach a stem to.) Then we will plant daffodil bulbs.

Linda, belated happy birthday to your DGS. Good luck with the craft fair. I did that a few times with my sister in law. It was actually a lot of fun. We didn't make a ton of money, but it was enough to make it worthwhile.

Nice blanket Judy. You've made that pattern more often than I have!You're so funny! I thought of you as I worked on it, and how you like to make things that don't have to be joined together...LOL!

Marlene, I'm curious as to what they do about a bone spur. I think I have plantar fasciitis at the moment, but I've wondered if it could be a bone spur. I've had plantar fasciitis before, this doesn't seem quite as bad, but it's in the other foot, so maybe that's why it doesn't seem as bad.

Jill, thanks for the link to the scarf pattern.

LeeAnn, you keep so busy, and your products always look so nice. The packaging for those favors is just great.

Hi everyone! :waving 

I just re-found the Ville this weekend after being gone a couple of years and it is good to be back!! I have been reading the posts fheor the last couple days and catching up. I remembered many of the user names...

Anyway just wanted to check back in and say Hi!

Happy Crocheting!!

Hi, Michelle! Glad you're back!

Here are the hats...two different sizes to be on the safe side. Hubby suggested the happy face and the we decided it needed a pom pom...

post-8552-0-33414100-1445447883_thumb.jpg

Hi Ladies,

Michelle, Welcome back!

Linda, Good to see you back! Happy Belated Birthday to DGS.

Judy, Both blankets are really nice. The hats are extra cute with the faces.

Cindy, The doctor sent to a shoe store in Okemos (Playmakers) to buy "orange" (thats the brand) inserts for my shoes or even my slippers. They come in short insert or the long. I bought the short ones for 29.00. He told me to wear the from the time I get up until I go to bed. Don't go barefoot. I rarely do. Just in one day I can feel the difference.  I took my shoes New Balance 608's and he said any New Balance shoes over 600 are good. He twisted them to show me if they twist hard there a good shoe. If they twist like a rag they are not good for your feet. He said my skeechers would good shoes to. I have to wear them constantly for two weeks. I should see results. If not come back and I may need a cortisone shot and maybe some pt. He also gave me some exercises to do. I better get that paper out and get doing them. I do not want the shot. I got the package the inserts are deep, cushioned heel cup. And the company orange has a website. www.orangeinsoles.com  They also don't work in crocs.

LeeAnn, Cute favors!  I hope it's awhile before we get any snow.

Jill, This has gone fast for me also. Thanks for the link for the scarf.

Hi to Joanne and Mary!

Hubby has a doctors appt tomorrow, time for his physical. My cousin is up from Tenneesse so DD and I are going to go see her friday. Hope everyone has a great week!

Hey everyone!! Hope all had a great day! Me.. I ran around in circles trying to :juggle  everything... I think I dropped every ball!!

and my fibro really had my elbows, wrists, and finger joints all hurting so bad I couldn't do a stitch even tonight.. :ohdear  Oh well, tomorrow's another day....

HI, Michelle, welcome back!  Thank you Gardener!! I remember you! :)

Hi, Peeps!

I posted the boy colors square blanket on FB yesterday and my neighbor across the street wants to buy it! Her sister is having a baby boy tomorrow (being induced). Last night I made 2 hats to go with it - and got creative input from hubby. Love the final results! The hats were boring....now they're not....lol! Pic to follow - took one with my Kindle Fire....

I saved that shawl pattern....thanks! Is it 4 ply yarn? Looks like it....

Hi, Michelle! Glad you're back! and thank you Judianne!! I remember you too :)  and that blanket is pretty with those cute smiles on the hats!!!

Tobybob thank you!! I remember you too!! :)  So sorry about your foot/feet... I had a severe case of plantar fascitis in BOTH my feet and did not get near as good advice from doctors.. it lasted months and I could hardly walk.. I have to stretch several times a day to keep it gone....stretches DO help!!

Just wanted to say hi to all... I have re-fallen in love with this site again...I wasted alot of time this evening at one point looking over all the eye candy and checking  stuff out!!

Good Morning!  It's so good to see all of the posts. :)  I won't try to respond to all, just know that I love reading all your news.

Michelle ~ Hi! I'm so glad you're back at the 'Ville. :yes

Judy ~ The baby 'ghans and hats are adorable!

We have to be near downtown at 7:45 for yet another appointment, so I'd better get ready.  Rush hour ought to be fun.

Have a wonderful day, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning House!

Sounds like everyone is super busy!  What fun!

Mary-7:45 is early, we do not have rush our here in our small town,  :rofl We live next to the highway, cars move along fairly fast.  I think I would be so shocked if I lived somewhere where traffic is an every day experience.   :lol

Michelle-hello!  Nice to meet you! I am fairly new to the group but have been here on the Ville for a few years.  It's my favorite time of day checking in with you all of you.

Judy-oh my!  The hats are too cute!  And the ghan is lovely too.  Did it take you long to crochet the ghan?

Cindy-I hope that your days off are relaxing and fun, do you have anything fun planned?

Marlene-you dr sounds just wonderful!  Glad that you were able to get good advice.  

HI Jill-hope you are doing well.

Tonight is another Pamper Me Party-this time we will be treating our hands to the spa treatment-hand polish, cuticle cream and goats milk & honey lotion.  Came in early to get the kitchen set up, still have to do a bit more..will get to that in a few.  Life is sure busy, I am working again this weekend.  This will make it the 3rd weekend in a row..I can't wait until next week!  Joyce is going to cover for me on Thursday & Saturday.  Must work on Christmas goodies..but hopefully in between I can rest a bit too.

back to work, have a Terrific Thursday! :ghug

Thanks, ladies!

Hi, Marlene! That's amazing that you already noticed a difference in how your feet feel! I hope they keep feeling better.

LeeAnn, the blue blanket  was fiddly, as my Aussie friend says. There were lots of ends to weave in. I could have made it bigger - I had the yarn - but called it done. Perfect newborn size!

Michelle, I used to have fibro when I was in my 40's - horrible pain, so I can feel for you. I'm nearly 67 now, so the pains i get in my hands, fingers and wrists might *just* be arthritis. 

I'm working on stash now: black and orange Simply soft - making myself a long, simple scarf.

Have a good night my friends.

Good morning/afternoon, everyone.  It's grey with steady cold rain outside today.  Our walk was a short one.  It was just too nasty to stay out there any longer.

Judy, the blue/grey baby blanket and matching hats are adorable.  The pink is nice too.

Welcome back, Michelle.

The shawl I'm making for me is using the lace weight yarns and is 1/2 alpaca, 1/4 silk/ and 1/4 merino wool.  Most of those that size are priced at $250 or $300, because there is just so much time involved in making them.  Mine would be double that as the materials are more expensive and because it's for me.

Mary, hope you had no problems with the morning rush hour traffic.  It's kind of funny.  One of my friends up here won't go on I380 because there's so much traffic, but compared to the traffic in GA outside the city it's stop and crawl.  Here there is absolutely no trouble getting on and there is no slow down in speed at all.  It's all in what you're used to that's for sure.  Inside Atlanta it's stop, crawl, stop.  LOL!   :lol 

LeeAnn, your things are so very nice.  You are one busy, busy lady.

Hope you all have a good rest of today and a great weekend.   :ghug 

Thanks, Linda!

That shawl should be amazing!!

We had a couple of days with 75 degree temps...today is cooler, so it's getting closer to normal for this time of year.

Have a good one, my friends.

Hi everyone!! I am so tired..been a busy day and cooked supper for 2 of the grandboys and their mama as well as my 15 yr old DD and her friend tonite... Now oldest GS (5) is spending night..

But wanted to pop in... I did manage to get 2 squares (rounds) done today so that's good!

Good Morning!  It's so good to see all of the posts. :)  I won't try to respond to all, just know that I love reading all your news.

Michelle ~ Hi! I'm so glad you're back at the 'Ville. :yes  Thank you Skysmom!!

Judy ~ The baby 'ghans and hats are adorable!

We have to be near downtown at 7:45 for yet another appointment, so I'd better get ready.  Rush hour ought to be fun.

Have a wonderful day, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning House!

Sounds like everyone is super busy!  What fun!

Mary-7:45 is early, we do not have rush our here in our small town,  :rofl We live next to the highway, cars move along fairly fast.  I think I would be so shocked if I lived somewhere where traffic is an every day experience.   :lol

Michelle-hello!  Nice to meet you! I am fairly new to the group but have been here on the Ville for a few years.  It's my favorite time of day checking in with you all of you. Thank you christopher2k!!! I know what you mean!!! I'm getting that way myself!! :yes

Judy-oh my!  The hats are too cute!  And the ghan is lovely too.  Did it take you long to crochet the ghan?

Cindy-I hope that your days off are relaxing and fun, do you have anything fun planned?

Marlene-you dr sounds just wonderful!  Glad that you were able to get good advice.  

HI Jill-hope you are doing well.

Tonight is another Pamper Me Party-this time we will be treating our hands to the spa treatment-hand polish, cuticle cream and goats milk & honey lotion.  Came in early to get the kitchen set up, still have to do a bit more..will get to that in a few.  Life is sure busy, I am working again this weekend.  This will make it the 3rd weekend in a row..I can't wait until next week!  Joyce is going to cover for me on Thursday & Saturday.  Must work on Christmas goodies..but hopefully in between I can rest a bit too.

back to work, have a Terrific Thursday! :ghug

Thanks, ladies!

Hi, Marlene! That's amazing that you already noticed a difference in how your feet feel! I hope they keep feeling better.

LeeAnn, the blue blanket  was fiddly, as my Aussie friend says. There were lots of ends to weave in. I could have made it bigger - I had the yarn - but called it done. Perfect newborn size!

Michelle, I used to have fibro when I was in my 40's - horrible pain, so I can feel for you. I'm nearly 67 now, so the pains i get in my hands, fingers and wrists might *just* be arthritis. Wow! judianne!! you give me hope! you mean you don't have it anymore?!?  I am so much better than what I was 4 years ago when this started so I am not complaining...

I'm working on stash now: black and orange Simply soft - making myself a long, simple scarf.

Have a good night my friends.

I hope all have a wonderful weekend!! DH wants to go watch his fave SEC football team tomorrow and we will have to leave shortly after 8  in the am... :ohdear  I know I'm awful but I just want to stay home.....oh well 3 hrs there and 3 hrs back... I will have some crochet time!!  :)  Good night ladies and Happy Crocheting!! 

Good Morning, House.  We've had over 8 inches of rain since Thursday night...along with power outages a few times.  Crazy weather!  I've been keeping my phone charged all the time, since when we lose power we also lose our landline. 

Michelle ~ Have a good time at the game today!  That's a long time in the car - I hope you get lots of crocheting done!

Joanne ~ Isn't this the Jersey Boys weekend?  I know you'll have a wonderful time.

Linda ~ Looking forward to pictures of your shawls. :)

Hi to the rest of Our House, too. :manyheart

The rain isn't as heavy today so I must run some errands.  My oral surgery is Monday a.m. and I need to make sure we're stocked up on everything.  DD is taking me Monday and it makes me feel better knowing she will be there. :yes  Will be back before then!

Hi, ladies!

Michelle, yes, the horrible body aches, all of it...well, one day I realized I was feeling better than I had in ages, and from then on, it was on its way out. There is hope. Happy crocheting!

Mary,I'm so glad you have DD to take you for the oral surgery. It's reassuring, to say the least.

Hi house,

Thought I would stop in before I get started trying to be productive today.  Hope everyone is well.

Judy, your blankies and hats are so cute!

Linda, I hope you post a picture of that awesome shawl you are making for yourself.  I love shawls!

LeeAnn, your baby favors are amazing.  So talented!

Michelle, glad you are here.  Hope you are feeling better and your fibro is under control.  Where in Alabama are you?  I'm in Clanton, smack dab in the middle of the state.

Mary, hope you don't get too many effects of Patricia.  Looks like bunches of rain coming off the storm.

I will be going to a prayer shawl retreat this week before going to my mom's.  Poor hubby will be here for 2 weeks by himself.  I guess he will enjoy a little alone time.  I know I will enjoy the retreat and I always enjoy seeing my mom and also get to see my sisters while I am there.

I finished my last scarf and am working on a prayer shawl now.  I wanted to have one at least started before I leave and hopefully will finish it before the retreat is over.  They will be having a blessing of the shawls at the conclusion of the retreat. 

Hi to the rest of the house.  Hope you all have an amazing weekend! 

post-23508-0-29237100-1445703223_thumb.jpg

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Glad your DD will be with you monday. I wondered how you were doing with the weather you were  and are getting. Hope you don't lose your power for to long of a time.

Jill, Have a relaxing time at your retreat. I bet there will be some beautiful shawls made. Have fun visiting your family. Safe travels! Your scarf is beautiful!

LeeAnn, Your one busy lady!

Michelle, Safe travels to and back from your game today.

Judy, We're suppose to be 68 here today, but rain, strong winds it won't feel that nice.

Linda, The yarn for your shawl sounds like it's really pretty.

I follow my high school football team. They have finished the season 9-0. I hope the weather is nice out it would be fun to go. My cousin and her grandson came up from Tenneesse to her moms so I went and visited them. DD and my sister showed up to. I've noticed some improvement in my little finger on my left hand. I can pull it almost within touching distant of my left finger. Been a long time since there has been any notice with it. Just maybe one day it will be back to normal. For the new ladies. I lost use of my left hand 6 years ago. It was like I had a stroke but I didn't. They found out I have stenous in my neck. With the help of steroids and lots of physical therapy I have been able to gain almost everything in my hand.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Good afternoon, to everyone.  I'm being super lazy so far today.  All I've done so far is play games on the computer.  I also walked Sweet Pea, of course, and it's much chillier than it's been for a long time.  I did get in my 1/3 of a mile though.

Beautiful scarf, Jill.  I hope you have lots of fun at the prayer shawl retreat.  It's always nice to be around others doing similar things.

Mary, hope you don't have any flooding from hurricane Patricia.  That one sure revved up fast.  They were saying that it's because this is an el nino year.

Michelle, I hope you have fun at the game today.

Wishing you all a good day and a good weekend.

Good Morning, House.  It's finally feeling like autumn with light rain and temps in the 50's!  My sister, Sue had over 16" of rain in just two days - I thought our 8+ was plenty. Lol

Jill ~ Your scarf is wonderful!  What yarn did you use?  Your upcoming trip sounds like a good one. :)

Marlene ~ Great news about your finger. :hug   I'm so sorry you've had to deal with this for so long.  Is it still looking like the baby may arrive early? :c9

Linda ~ Stay warm!  I still remember how cold it was in Iowa winters. Lol  And yes, I bet it was a real shock to go from the Atlanta area traffic to Iowa traffic! 

Hi Judy ~ Are you feeling more back to normal now?  So glad to see you are crocheting a lot!

Cindy ~ I hope your work day goes well. :yes

I'm trying to make sure everything is caught up and all the laundry is done before tomorrow.  I'm sure not looking forward to this, but it has to be done.  It's good practice for the other 3 procedures over the next several months. :rolleyes

Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Hi ladies. Great day at work today and I'm not scheduled again until my next weekend which is nearly 3 weeks away. (I took a few vacation days.). Actually I have a couple of days teaching advanced cardiac life support this week, and also a meeting but no working in the hospital. It's much cooler here today, but very nice, sunny and bright.

DD, dsil, and the grandkids are coming over this evening. No other big plans.

Judy, nice blanket and hats. The scarf you are making yourself sounds nice.

I started this as a Christmas gift for youngest DD. http://littlemonkeyscrochet.com/apple-crisp-cowl/

I'm considering making another one for my older DD too.

Jill,my hat scarf is beautiful. Enjoy your retreat.

Linda, the shawl you are making yourself sounds very special.

LeeAnn, sounds like you are still keeping very busy!

Heather, hope you enjoyed the football game, even if it wasn't your first choice of how to spend the day. I'm not much of a football fan, but this weather makes me want to watch football!

Mary, wow! 16 inches of rain. Unbelievable. I'm hoping my nephew and his family in Houston miss the brunt of it. They are not back in their house yet after last years flooding.

Marlene, it's good to hear that you are still noticing improvement in that finger.

Hi, peeps!

Mary, yes, for the most part I'm doing great. It's almost 9 weeks since the attack, and it's as if it never happened.

Oooops....wore my new scarf yesterday and forgot to get a picture...will take care of that tonight. Hubby thought it looked really good - and was surprised I actually made something for myself...lol!

We have a friend whose wife is expecting a girl. They live in FL so I'll have to see what I decide on. My neighbor up the street asked if I could make her little girl a hat...or two. The little girl has been wearing my hats since she was an infant, so of course I said yes.

Off I go....read all the post but gotta run!

Hi everyone in the House!

I had a great weekend but with no rest! Did enjoy going to the game with DH, he is really the fan, I go along for the ride, know what I mean?? All that driving time and I only cranked out 1 square (round)...I'm going to have to step it up!!

It's been raining good here since early last night.. We are blessed, no flooding just good rain to fill the ponds, creeks and streams... My :hug and prayers go out to any and all that has had flooding..

Skysmom-- I hope your oral surgery went well today!! :yes 

judianne -- I started having this like 5 or 6 yrs ago but didn't know what was wrong.. Just found out about 1 and 1/2 yrs ago what it was... I felt like I had a bad disease no one could find and was dying or I was being slowly poisoned every day.. I have changed my diet and gave up diet cokes of which I drank 3 at least a day... In the last several months I have slowly been getting better and I believe I am going to be healed of this too!! I still get up in the mornings and can't hardly walk looking like I'm 100, but after a bit I'm okay most days. I still struggle if I have been riding in a vehicle for over 20 minutes, when I first get out I'm hunched over.. it usually affects my back, legs and feet.. Thank you so much for your encouragement!!

Hi Hookin Catluvr, Glad we're "neighbors"! I live farther down south. over right on the MS/AL line. I'm 2 hrs north of Mobile. Your scarf is beautiful!! I hope you enjoy your shawl retreat! THat sounds interesting!!

tobybob -- I pray your hand continues to improve!!

Hello busy-Bee-Linda-T!!

Archived