Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Glad to hear all went well Cindy. I was thinking about you

Dh and I are getting ready to go out to dinner for our anniversary so I will post more tomorrow. Today the weather was gorgeous just like our wedding day :-)

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon folks!

Cindy-I am so so glad and happy to hear that all went well.  I bet every day you will start feeling better and better.   :hug

Mary-a soccer game sounds like so much fun!  Perhaps this week you can sneak in a bit of hooky time in.

Marlene-hoping that grandpa can talk some sense into your gs, it can be tough.

Judy-I bet it feels great to be on the mend.   :clap  :clap   

Hello to the rest of the house!  Boy oh boy!  It has been super busy here at the shop today,no complaints.  I have the most wonderful customers, they really have become good friends and often stop in to chat.  I love that!

Going to work on a few more Etsy listings, then off to get my hair cut. Had it cut almost a month ago..just can't seem to get it style it right.  Hugs!

Hi peeps!

Cindy, it does sound like anesthesia fog. Sounds like you're being smart about pacing yourself. Hugs....

Well, I got a clean bill of health from my cardio doc. He answered all my questions and even went over the video of my procedure with me so I could see the difference in blood flow to the heart after the stents were put it.  This guy is great - very proactive in how he treated me and has a great personality. I think he's the newest one in this huge heart practice. I like new...plus he has 10 other minds to pick if he wants to bounce something off anyone.

Back to my normal activity...I'm "as good as new"  :)

Hi peeps!

Cindy, it does sound like anesthesia fog. Sounds like you're being smart about pacing yourself. Hugs....

Well, I got a clean bill of health from my cardio doc. He answered all my questions and even went over the video of my procedure with me so I could see the difference in blood flow to the heart after the stents were put it.  This guy is great - very proactive in how he treated me and has a great personality. I think he's the newest one in this huge heart practice. I like new...plus he has 10 other minds to pick if he wants to bounce something off anyone.

Back to my normal activity...I'm "as good as new"  :)

That is wonderful news, Judy!  I'm so glad everything has gone well and that you have very good doctors. ♥♥♥

Cindy ~ I hope the anesthesia fog goes away soon. :hug   It takes me a few days to feel back to normal from even a short time under anesthetics, so I totally understand.  Meanwhile, take it easy and crochet! ;)

Hi LeeAnn!  I'm so glad all of your shops are busy!  Congrats on all you've accomplished - you should be proud of yourself!! :clap

Joanne ~ I hope you all had a wonderful anniversary dinner!  And beautiful weather makes everything better. :)

Hi to the rest of the house, too! :manyheart

Popping in to say hello. Been busy today cleaning, took a load of stuff to the donation center and threw away another big bag full. Been trying to de-junk the house a little at a time. Amazing how much clutter we can accumulate. My kids are coming this weekend and we will be cleaning the kitchen closet. It is full of their kitchen stuff they didn't take with them. So now they take it or it goes. Then, if I could only get them to clean out their bedrooms.

Judy, glad you got a good cardiology report.

Cindy, hope the anesthesia fog goes away soon. I always have a hard time with that also.

Joanne, Happy Anniversary

Hi to the rest of the house! Have a great Wednesday.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, That's great news from the cardio doctor. I'm glad you have such great doctors. Hubby has a great cardio doctor to.

Cindy, I never liked that fog either. It takes awhile to bounce back.

Mary, Hope your able to get some hooking time in. I love soccer games. I'm a few rows away from finishing the baby blanket and i'm not sure it's going to be okay. When I showed DD it looked awkwardly shaped. It's crocheted oddly to. You chain so many then hdc each row until it measures a certain length. Then you sc around it then you hdc around it increasing on each corner. I'm thinking  about frogging it and do it the normal way, back and forth.

LeeAnn, I don't like when my hair doesn't do what I want it to. I just went and got a perm because the last one grew out to much. I decided I didn't want to fuss with it. Wash and wear I love it.

Jill, I need to do the decluttering also. Good for you getting the kids to take there stuff. My son took a load with him a few weeks ago.

While are week has not been a good one up to today. I hope the rest of the week gets better. Hubby's mom was hospitalized yesterday. That did turn out to just be she's taking to much pain medicine. She told Melaine that it was snowing out and that it had been raining in her house all night and her furniture was soaked.

This morning I woke up to the phone at 5:45 it was Gordy (he came yesterday from the nursing home) they found there son Tim laying on the floor in the kitchen. He had died. The state police, funeral director and cornier all said it was natural causes. This is there second son to die in that house. Scotty died from a heart attack. We spent the afternoon with them. I told them call us for anything and told them I or both of us will go the doctors with them. Tim has been doing the driving so they were relieved for that. I told them hubby has been like a son to them and now there's are gone he is stepping up to the plate and we will help them as much as we can. I'll make a calendar for her with are appts so she can schedule theres different days. They have a daughter but she works 12 hour days 6 days a week. She came up this afternoon and I told her what I told Mary and I made sure she has both are numbers. She's thankful for us offering are help. Please keep them and us in your prayers.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Hi House. ♥

Jill ~ Oh, I can sympathize! Our DD was in the pharmaceutical industry for years before she married and was a bridesmaid at least 10 times.  I finally told her  I needed the closet space - those dresses were taking up ½ of a closet. Lol  Their house has at least twice the storage space that we have.  :lol 

Marlene ~ So sorry the baby 'ghan isn't working out.  It sounds like the pattern isn't written correctly?  How sad that Gordy and Mary have to deal with more tragedy in their lives. :hug   I know they're very thankful to have you and your hubby to help them.

Cindy ~ I hope you are feeling more back to normal now. :manyheart

Hi to the rest of Our House. :ghug

'Evening, everyone. :)   Just a quick post to say "Hi!"

DD is taking a last minute trip to Colorado for a friend's birthday - leaving tomorrow and coming home Sunday.  Her DH is a doll...and thankfully able to take off work tomorrow.  I volunteered to pick up Luke from school school tomorrow.  Yep, she's so lucky to have found such a wonderful guy!

I hope you all are okay!  Is anyone crocheting? ;)   Have a good evening, all. :manyheart

Hi, everyone...

I just pulled out the never ending granny square I started before I got sidelined. Have a Benedict Cumberbatch on the DVD player too...heaven....

G​ood midday, everyone.  Sunday I packed up all the things from DD's house to take back to my apartment, but ran out of steam at that point.  Monday GS helped me carry it all out to the car after school.  Lots of trips up and down stairs carrying the heavy stuff.  Then to my apartment where there were no close parking spots.  Thank goodness they have a few shopping carts for us to use when taking lots of things in to our apartments.  It took us two trips, but we got it all in finally.  I hurt so bad that night that I had to take some extra pain meds to be able to get to sleep.  I was fine the next day.  Wednesday I went to the grocery store and got lots of fresh veggies and a few other things.  Enough that I had to use the cart again to get it all up to the apartment in one trip.  Yesterday I went to lunch with a good friend and then to a thrift store.  I got a leather purse, a beaded necklace, a like new jacket that will be perfect for fall and early winter, and some scented body washes all for $19.50.  I was very pleased.  After getting home I paid a bunch of bills that had gotten behind when I was at DD's and sick.  Now have my internet connection again among other things.  :)

GS was home from school both of the last two days and again today.  He's had a congested cough that has been getting a bit worse each day for the last week or so.  Turns out that he had a chest infection and is now on antibiotics for it.  He and DD were going to go on a boy scout campout and canoe ride this weekend, but that is now a no go.  He got super frustrated  yesterday and ended up losing a day of privaleges (sp).  Usually that means a day without any electronics, but this time it means being at my apartment and doing a lot of things, like unpacking boxes, that normally earn him time for playing games, but will not earn him any time.  mom got home we told her what had happened and what we thought would be an acceptable alternative.  She agreed, which made GS very happy.  It is delayed a day or two because he is still too sick to make it a good idea to be that active.

Ju​dy, I'm so glad to hear that you got such a good report from the cardiologist.  Wonderful news.  I'm so glad you like him so much.  Finding doctors that you click with can be a nightmare.

​Jill, nice to hear from you again.

Marlene, so sorry to h​ear about your friend's loss.  You are a truly good friend.  Thank you for letting me know how to retrieve lost posts.  I did it on this one.

LeeAnn, I don't know how your do everything you do.  Will have to check out your new site additions.

Cindy, I'm happy to hear that everything went well on Monday.  I've been sending prayers your way.  Hopefully by now the post anesthesia woozies have all worn off and you are back to your normal self.

That's all I can remember at the moment.  Hope you all have a good day.​

Good Morning!  It's not quite as hot and we have clouds - keeping fingers crossed for rain. :)

Judy ~ Oh, I'm so glad you feel like crocheting again. :yes   I love Cumberpatch in the Sherlock series on PBS!  I've been recording it and watching when I have some crochet time in the afternoon.

Linda ~ Hi!  You sound happy to be back in your apartment. :)   I hope dgs feels much better soon!  You find the best bargains!  Your lunch and shopping trip sounds really fun.  Have you had time to work on any projects?

It's been super busy around our house.  Jess is still at Kindred, but I'm keeping up with his mail and laundry.  At least he is closer to us and his house than when he was in the hospital. 

Off to the bank, post office and maybe brunch. ;)

Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning.  I'm at DD's house to help watch GS while she works from home to make up some of the hours she missed being home with GS this week.  Turns out the boy scout campout got cancelled due to problems with the bus they take with them to haul all the equipment.  R​escheduled to next weekend which won't work as we have other plans for the weekend that can't be rescheduled. 

I finished a quick and easy shawl yesterday and have another half finished.  Last night I worked on the shawl for me last night too.  I've been doing some spinning of the gold fiber, too.  The new fiber hasn't come yet, but I'm trying to be patient while waiting for it a​s I'm finishing with the gold first.  The black and gold and the new fiber will be next.

GS was feeling quite a bit better yesterday although still coughing whenever he got more active.  A good sign.

M​ary, wishing your DD a good and safe trip to and from her friend's birthday party.

Marlene, ​will the baby blanket be okay with washing and blocking or will you have to restart it?

Hope you all have a gre​at weekend.  More later.

Hi ladies. It's a gorgeous fall day here, breezy, sunny, neither cold nor hot. I'm feeling quite a bit more like myself. I went to work yesterday, and it went well, although I was exhausted by the time I got home. I had ten hours of sleep last night! That's unusual for me.

DDs Internet is down, so she is over here doing homework. I invited her to stay for dinner. I cleaned out the freezer this week and found several things that needed using up. Tonight's item is bulk breakfast sausage in a breakfast casserole. That will also use up a can of buttermilk biscuits that have been languishing in the back of the refrigerator. (I've been cruising Pinterest looking for ideas to use up some of the food that needs using up.)

Not much crafting here, just not really in the mood this week. I did make a couple of covered clothes hangers. Those are really easy, I just single crochet around a plastic hanger, tie the beginning and end tails together in a bow, and call it done. They take only a few minutes, a small amount of yarn, and they really work to keep my clothes from sliding off the hangers and onto the floor.

Linda, I'm glad you are home. It must be nice to be in your own place. Hope DGS feels better soon.

Mary, how nice for dd to get this unexpected visit with a friend.

Marlene, enjoy the shower.

Linda ~ You've accomplished a lot!  Spinning and crocheting sounds wonderful!

Cindy ~ My Auntie Lois always gave my sisters and I crocheted hangers when we were young. :)   They are so nice to have...hmm another project. ;)

Morning, peeps.

Cindy, I can only imagine how tired you must have been after work!I'm not even close to normal yet, either. Once we are older it takes time to recover from anything! Listen to your body and rest when you can.

Mary, I know how glad you must be to be able to help Jess. Try and take at least a little time for yourself...maybe by watching Benedict :)

Good morning, all

Cindy- glad to hear you are on the mend- and yes, tough to go work after having a procedure done--10 hours sleep is what your body was telling you it needed!  Does your DD have her internet back?

Judy- I'm glad you got a clean bill of health from the doctor.  It is wonderful when you have a doctor you totally trust! I always ask my DD for recommendations- DH has been getting injections in his eye and she recommended a wonderful retinologist!  She has actually worked with him in the OR so could vouch for his expertise. DH loves him and has been a good patient!

Mary  Glad that Jess is doing ok--and you and your DH are wonderful friends. Hope you got a little time to crochet!

Linda- Sounds like you have really been having fun with the spinning! For some reason, that isn't something that I every wanted to try- I'm happy to have my yarn ready to go! I have taken up some coloring though- very relaxing---- and a change from needles and hooks!

Jill- hope you had a good birthday (I think it was you that had a birthday yesterday)

LeeAnn- you make me tired- you are definitely the energizer bunny- love all the new creations!

Marlene- Hope you had a great time at the shower.

Today is my son-in-law's birthday and we are going over to watch the Giants game @1--that's what he wanted to do- watch the game and get pizza and beer!  I'll have the pizza--but probably not the beer....lol

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning ladies. I'm on call for work, so just hanging around, sort of hoping they don't need me! Medical ICU, (my home unit), is full, so if I get called in it will be for one of the 5 other adult ICUs or maybe a progressive care unit, although that is unlikely. I'm still tired, even though I slept until 7:30, rather than 5:30 if I had to work. I was unprepared for how much a minor surgical procedure would affect me. Guess I'm not as young as I used to be!

It's cold here, 45 degrees, but the sun is shining. If I don't get called in by 1:30 or so, I think I'm going to go for a long walk in the woods. It's perfect weather for hiking. I hate walking outside when it's hot, but it's my favorite form of exercise otherwise.

Joanne, happy birthday to your sil. Sounds like a perfect birthday, family, friends, an activity you enjoy, and food you like. (No beer for me either, I've never developed a taste for it, even though we live in a city that is well known for its award winning craft beer industry.)

Still home....it's not very likely I will be called in anymore. I have an hour to get there, and my shift has just a bit over 2 hours to go.

Joanne, I don't really know any doctors to recommend to people, even though I've worked in the same ICU for over 35 years. After I read your post, it dawned on me that most people will never need to see the doctors I know best, which are the intensivists, cardiologists, and cardiac surgeons. An ICU in a large teaching hospital is really a pretty exclusive place as far as physicians are concerned,

On the other hand, my sister in law, brother in law and her parents all started going to my dr, because of how well I like him. (I picked him out of the fourth year residents the year my previous dr retired.).

Good afternoon Ladies!

Remember me?  I have been lost ...working working and working some more. Been wanting to hop on here all week but things were extremely hectic.

Judy-I am so happy that you received a good clean bill of health and can now get back to your favorite fun things.  Woohoo!  The never ending grannies are my mother in-law's favorite.  She probably makes about 10 or more of them each year. 

Mary-oooh laaa laaaa your dd is visiting my home state?  I love Colorado!  What part did she visit?

Jill-de-cluttering is a lot of work but so rewarding.  I try to get rid of things often but my Craft Studio..now that's a different story.  :lol

Marlene-I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend.  :hug   Did you decide to start a  new baby afghan?

Linda-I bet you are happy to be back home.  That was so nice of dgs to help  you take all of your things to your apartment.  Spinning?  How fun!  Hand spun yarn is amazing!

Cindy-what a relief to not be called in today.  A nice brisk walk sounds fabulous!  I like bike riding but walking is fun too.  Do you walk far?

Joanne-Happy Birthday to your sil.  Sounds like a great way to spend a day.  What hooky projects are you working on?

It was my turn to have a Saturday off..woohoo!  Woke up early to get a headstart on the day..some one ran into the electric pole near our house, we were without electricity, internet and water all day.  It was sad sad sad..what's a gal to do?  Crochet to the rescue!  I finished all of the orders for the pups.  My customer is going to be so happy, glad that is crossed off my list.

This last week was a busy one!  My dd had her first Confirmation Class on Wed, then I had Craft Night on Thursday and dinner out with my mom on Friday. 

Today I am working on filling order and then starting on the New Holiday Gift Sets.   Back to work I go.  Hugs n squishes friends!

Hi Ladies,

The baby shower was a lot of fun. Three of DD's friends from school came, a roommate came with her mom and her twin boys that are 2 weeks away from being 1, 2 of her friends who she has worked with in the past and my sister in law. Her theme was sports. And the baby's room will be also. I found a word search with sports words to look up that they played. I made little diapers out of felt, made bows out of ribbon using one of the colors of the felt, I sewed a sports ball or helmet (they were stickers) and ribbon to the diaper. Then I pinned them to the guest. One was marked on the back with his birth date on it and that one was the winner. We played bingo. I gave them a blank card for them to fill in with things they thought DD would be gifted. The first one to get a bingo won. We had lots of fun! Jocelyn and Maya helped through out the day. Payton, DS and Maya's daddy watched football downstairs.

DD took Maya to the doctor for her headaches. She ordered blood test and she had that saturday morning early. She mentioned maybe her hair. I have mentioned that to as myself and an aunt get headaches from are hair. I always thought I had really thick hair, but mine is nothing compared to Maya's. The doctor also mentioned hormones. Which has crossed my mine too. Girls start things much earlier these years. The blood test is checking diabetes, thyroid, liver and kidneys. I hope it all just shows she's has girly things going to happen.

I'm going to check redheart and see if anyone else has mentioned the problem I'm having with the baby blanket if not I will just frog it and start over. Only it will be one piece.

We have to go up to Gordy's and check out Tim's car it won't start. It was there old car and there going to sell it.

Mary, How nice DD can go spend the weekend with her friend for her birthday.

Cindy, Have to love this weather don't we. Take it easy! My internet went out last night for some reason unknown. Took me 1 1/2 hours to get it back on, on my computer. The other tech things worked just fine.

Linda, Glad your back to feeling up to spinning and crocheting again. Hope DS feels better now and able to go back to school.

Joanne, Happy Birthday to your sil! Good way to spend the day with family and friends doing what everyone likes to do.

Judy, Glad your feeling better and felling like crocheting again.

LeeAnn, Hubby called me he got up to power saturday morning. Storms took things out I guess.

Are friends who were coming this weekend have had to cancel. John went for what he thought was going to be a normal eye exam, but it wasn't. He has been having floaters and things got worse. He was sent to an eye specialist that day then on to the hospital for eye surgery. His retina tore in two places. He can't do anything for 3-4 weeks. And it will be that long before he knows about the sight in that eye.

Hope everyone has a great week!

We had a very nice Monday. We both had scheduled the day off work. We went to the outlets and DH picked up a few things. I didn't see anything that I had to have but it was nice to be there when the crowds weren't. We then went to the ocean. We had a nice lunch and then went down by the water. It was a windy day and the waves looked a little angry. We had read that there were going to be bad rip currents. We had no intention of going in The water anyway. Lol. We walked for a bit and then read for a little while before it got to cold to stay any longer. It was a very nice relaxing day

Glad to hear the shower went well Marlene. Hope all is ok with Maya.

Hi to the rest of the house. Time to get dinner going.

Have a good night and week. Back to work tomorrow and get to play catch up all day. :-(

Good Morning, House. :)  I love reading all of your posts and I'm keeping up on your news!  It's been non stop for us and today is full of more fun (Not) things.  DH's back doctor wants him to have another MRI and I've cracked another tooth.  So we're scheduling dental surgery (and two more implants) and D.H.s appts.   And we can't forget our colonoscopies that are already scheduled. :lol   The next few weeks ought to be interesting. 

The lady changed her mind on colors for the baby 'ghan and I'm already ½ way through.  I told her I wouldn't have time to finish another one, so I'll just put this one in my shop or donate it. 

Will check in later today.  Have a great Tuesday! :manyheart

Archived