Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning house!!! Realized I hadn't stopped in all week and here it is Thursday already. Thinking of you all, and read the posts, but now it's time to get ready for paradise. Have a good day!!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning!

Cindy ~ Thank you for the link. :)  It looks like fun with all the different stitches and color changes.  How was your Fil last night? 

Hi Judy and Joanne!

Our weather is a bit cooler, but not cool enough to open windows yet.  DH had two appointments yesterday and has one tomorrow, so I'm happy to be home today. :yes  Have a great day, everyone. :manyheart 

Good afternoon ladies. Sunny and chilly outside today perfect fall weather!

Fil looked pretty rough last night. We couldn't wake him up at all. Mil said he sat up in a chair for a few hours in the afternoon, but he was very confused and didn't make much sense. He had received a pain pill shortly before we got there, hopefully that's why he woukdnt wake up. Mil hasn't called in a panic, so I assume he woke up later on.

Ds has invited us to dinner tonight. I made apple crisp for dessert. I also made a pan of apple brownies to take to work on Saturday. That is, if I can keep dh out of them!

I'm trying to decide on a kitchen backsplash, and right now I have three different kinds of tile taped up there. My original thought was nice classic subway tile, but they look too slick and modern, and the cream colored ones are the exact same color as the cabinets, so all you see is a big blob of white. None of the stores here have any colors other than white and cream, and I don't want to order something that I couldn't try out first. I'm not even sure if they are available in other colors. Too bad because that would have been the cheapest option by far.

Hi, ladies!

Flyby....

Cindy, this is our backsplash....combo of stone and glass tiles. I've seen many color variations on the same look.

Cold, blustery and rainy...weather front offshore through tomorrow and we're waiting to see if the hurricane will be swinging by at the beginning of the week.

Have a good night, everyone.

post-8552-0-02786000-1443742339_thumb.jpg

Judy, I like your backsplash a lot. In the picture it looks like a perfect match for my kitchen. We saw some really gorgeous stone/glass combos. However, per sheet, they cost about twice as much as the sheets of stone tile, and I have a lot of feet of backsplash. We will be installing it ourselves and DH prefers not to install too much glass tile. He did it at youngest DDs house and says it harder than stone because the mortar or whatever you stick them up with has to be perfectly smooth as lines show through the glass. If I choose plain tile, I might do an accent stripe of glass tiles though,

The nursing home called this afternoon and said that fil won't eat or drink, and seems to be steadily declining. We are considering hospice, as we know fil would refuse a feeding tube if he could make the decision.

Here are the tile options I'm considering. I had to go to Lowes, Menards and Home Depot just to come up with three options. Each place had a lot of the same choices. There used to be a tile place in town but it's gone, so these stores are pretty much it.

I notice that the pictures are sideways. I don't know why the iPad does that.

I'm leaning toward the multi color stone tiles on the top right at the moment. The other stone tiles look like wood grain, and they are rougher so I'm a bit concerned about cleaning them. However, my favorite changes often. In the morning I might be leaning toward another choice.

post-6189-0-02554200-1443751290_thumb.jpeg

post-6189-0-36788500-1443751309_thumb.jpeg

post-6189-0-96325500-1443751345_thumb.jpeg

Hi all,

Cindy, hope FIL is better. Maybe between the effort of sitting up and the pain pill he had to sleep for awhile.

Judy, love your backsplash. Our kitchen needs remodeling, but need to save some pennies first. I have gotten hooked on watching Property Brothers and other shows where they remodel older homes and would love to update our entire house.

Nice fall weather here today. I'm enjoying the cooler temperatures.

Need to get in my stash and choose some yarn for my next project. Think I'll do another shawl or maybe a scarf. My hands feel too idle when I don't have something to work on.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

Hi all

Cindy, I like the top right the best! Hospice sounds like it may be a good idea for your fil. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers

Judy love your backsplash!!!!

Weather is going to be a doozy the next few days. I'm ready for some crisp fall weather without all the rain, and potential of a hurricane the beginning of the week. But Mother Nature has plans of her own I suppose

Hope you all have a good Friday.

Jill, I'm addicted to Property Brothers too.

Have you looked at the links for free shawl patterns on Darski's CAL? Awesome choices.

I had the free spider web pattern from Red Heart....and a couple of corrections. I still ended up with a 7 sided web...but kept it. Here's my early Halloween decoration

post-8552-0-79855000-1443802419_thumb.jpg

Hi House. :)

Judy ~ The spider web is very cute! 

Cindy ~ Have you decided on the backsplash yet?  I am no good at making decisions like that. Lol

Sorry for the quick post - Luke and Zach will be here shortly.  DD and Sil are going to the TCU - University of Texas game and it starts at 11:00.  The traffic is always horrible...TCU is located in a lovely residential area with no major streets!

Will check in later!

We just got back from taking the boys home...they both fell asleep in the car. :c9   TCU beat Texas 50 - 7.  SIL was thrilled, DD not so much. :lol

Cindy ~ Are there any changes with your FIL?  :hug 

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.  :manyheart Our weather is finally cooling off a bit and it feels wonderful.

Good morning!

The weather was rainy, and windy yesterday. Some flooding down by the beach and bay. Luckily though it seems that hurricane Joaquin is out to sea and won't be making landfall in nj. Dd and the boys came over yesterday and we had a fun day. We baked chocolate chip cookies, played games and had a fun day. In between I was doing laundry and washing fall/winter clothes.

We are going to have a lazy day today. The "other" ny football team is playing at 9:30 this morning in London and then the Giants are playing at 1:00. I plan to finish up changing out my clothes. And probably will take a nap since I'm up so early this morning!

Hope you all have a good Sunday!!!

Tip top of the morning friends!

Woke up early so that I could get to emails and such while sipping a delicious cup of coffee.

Jill-your prayer and mesh shawls sounds lovely!  I like to keep busy too.  Chicken & Rice soup sounds perfect!  My family loves my Chicken Taco soup, I think I can make it with my eyes closed.   :lol   Do you like baking bread?

Cindy-so sorry to hear about your FIL, prayers and warmest of wishes.   :hug   Choosing tile sounds like fun but the choices! oh  my!  Did you settle on a color/style pallet?

Mary-how ya doing?  I hope well.  Thank you for the lovely compliment, this last week was especially busy both in my store front and online.  I am finally taking a breath.  

Judy-your kitchen back splash looks great!  Love your spider web table decor, very festive and neat.  I used to decorate here at the house but once I opened up the shop, I just decorate their, the family is ok with it.  With the exception of Christmas.  Do you put up lights and decorations for Halloween?

Joanne-a day spent baking cookies sounds just fabulous!  Yummy!  Good luck to your teams today!

This last week was a doozy..I really am not sure how we managed it all...but here we are!  My kiddos both went to Homecoming last night.  My ds had a date and my dd went with a group of her friends.  They both had a great time.  I was so glad!  Also had a few large custom orders 3  in one week can be a bit much, but I am happy to say that they are out the door.  Just have one more and then I can get back to normal.  My friend is having a Beach type baby shower.  I am creating the thank you gifts/table decor.  Little tiny half metal beach pails filled with Beach Sand (Sun & Sand Bath Salts) then a small pair of flip flops, a seashell soap and a pink dolphin.  They are going to be soo cute!  I am so happy for her and the papa to be.  They are over the moon excited.

Today I will be headed to the Canyon, it is about an hour away.  I will be shooting my ds senior pictures.  Up up and away I go.  Have the bestest day! :ghug  :ghug

LeeAnn, thanks!

And I don't put up lights for Halloween, just some decorations out on the porch, along with mums, of course.

Cindy ~ Sending you and your family lots of hugs and positive thoughts. :hug    I know it's never easy and you know we're here for you all. :manyheart

Joanne ~ I'm so glad the worst of the storm has missed you guys!  Our Rangers won today and we'll see what the Cowboys do tonight.

Judy ~ Are you feeling more 'back to normal?'  I hope all is well with you.  How are the children?  Gracie had her first dive into a pile of leaves today. :lol  She literally disappears from sight and loves every bit of it.

LeeAnn ~ Congrats on the orders!  The theme for the baby shower sounds so cute - show us some pics if you can. :yes  Between your business and two teenagers, I don't know how you do it all. ;) 

Hi to the rest of the house, too! :manyheart

This week is going to be another fun one - just kidding.  I have a consultation with an oral surgeon/implant dentist in the morning.  He and our dentist will then figure out what's next.  The rest of the week just goes down hill from there. ;) 

Have a good evening, all. ♥♥♥

Had a nice relaxing day today. The Giants won and so did the "other NY team". I finished game 4 of my scoreboard cowl. It's really fun knitting this while watching football. After the game DH and I went out for a while and then had dinner at paneras. So no cooking today! Tomorrow the fun begins again --NOT ! But I guess it's better than Mary who has to go to the oral surgeon.

Good thoughts to all!!

Good morning ladies. It's gloomy here, but it's warmer than it has been. Work went well this weekend, but it's nice to have a day off. I have to work tomorrow and then I'm off until next week Friday. Fil is still hanging on, although visibly declining. Not hanks for all the encouragibg words and hugs.

Everyone that comes here, chooses the same backsplash tile that I favor, so that's probably what we will go with. DH wants to install under cabinet lighting first though.

Mary, hope the oral surgeon comes up with a good plan for you. I agree with Joanne, going to work is better!

Judy, cute spiderweb. I don't do Halloween decorations, except for pumpkins and these black iron crows that I picked up years ago, but I do a lot of fall themed decorating.

LeeAnn, you sure keep busy. It sounds like your business is really thriving.

Jill, I also enjoy watching Property Brothers. I like how they make things work out, rather than going into "whine mode", like some of the other home improvement shows. They do nice work too.

Well, guess I'd better get moving. I've already frittered away half the morning reading.

Good morning, all.  It's a gorgeous fall day here - in the 60's and sunny!

Cindy ~ I think that tile will look wonderful as a backsplash.  I love the granite you used, too!  You must be looking forward to several days off...enjoy!

Joanne ~ The cowl knit-a-long does sound fun. :yes  The weekend was great for our Rangers and TCU, but not great for the Cowboys.

I hope everyone is okay. :manyheart

I absolutely love the dentist I saw yesterday.  Everyone was warm and friendly and he was very professional, but very easy to talk to.  He was born and raised in Fort Worth and went to Harvard for medical and dental school!  I guess he's qualified. Lol  My first appt. is October 26 - mainly due to several appts. DH already has scheduled.

I finished the baby 'ghan.  (that the lady ordered and then changed her mind.)  I love the pattern and realized I made one with the same stitch when I was pg with DD!

post-10699-0-97012200-1444145679_thumb.jpg

post-10699-0-14164100-1444145716_thumb.jpg

Good morning and Happy Tuesday!

Mary-your ghan is stunning!  I love love love the color combination and the pattern is lovely too.   :hug I am so glad that you had a good dental appointment, what a relief!  You will be in good hands.  What is your next project?

Cindy-ohhh days off! :c9   sounds like a wonderful week, what will you get to do with your days?  Hopefully something fun and relaxing.

Joanne-I am always amazed at how quickly you finish your projects, you are just fabulous!   Relaxing days are the best.   :clap

Hello to the rest of the house, hope you are all doing well!

I am so happy today!  I finished the last of the baby shower order..just have the face cream to whip up this evening.  It takes about 30 minutes as I have everything ready except for the base.  It is supposed to be delivered today.  It feels great to finally be able to breathe and relax.  I was feeling completely overwhelmed and just plain stressed.  With the upcoming holidays I know that it is going to be busy but I feel like I am going into it with a clear head.

Going to catch up on emails and work on the new crochet order.  Hugs n squishes!

Archived