Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good evening ladies,

Sounds like everyone had a good holiday weekend. We didn't do anything special, just hung around the house.  Sometimes those are the best.

I'm still working on the table doilies for church.  I have 8 more to go, until they decide to buy more tables.  Also doing some potholders and dishcloths for gifts, working on my Get Squared cardigan and getting back to making prayer shawls.  I will be using all that stash I have been sorting and organizing.  I still have some yarn to go through, too.

Went for allergy shots today.  I am always sleepy after I get them so I came home and took a nap until time to make dinner.  I try to be more productive but sometimes just can't.  I guess that's what retirement is for.  of course, I always take a crochet project with me to work on while I'm waiting after I get the shots.  Today one of the other ladies waiting said she is going to start bringing hers because it is so boring just sitting there for 30 minutes after getting shots.

Glad to read everyone is feeling better. 

Take care everyone!  have a great week.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies. The heat is gone! Yesterday was just miserable, even in the air conditioned hospital. Hope this lasts. Did I mention that I love fall? I have to work from 3-7 today. Part of my mandatory extra hours, mandatory extra hours have been required since January, and they are getting old.

Lee Ann, I would have felt better if those kiddos parents had been a bit more concerned. I don't think they realized that they were gone.

Mother in law is not improving at all. Physically she is the same, but mentally she is deteriorating. DH saw her yesterday, and said she can't do anything that requires any amount of problem solving. For instance....she could not say even one word that began with an "F". I think that she will be going into the nursing home section. My one bil thinks she can go back to independent living, but his other siblings are against that. Poor mil can't even remember how to use the phone, so I don't know what makes him think that she can safely live alone.

Nothing much happening here....hope you all have a good day.

Hi peeps.

Lee Ann, I've iced my leg more and it doesn't look as horrible as it did, but I'm going to have a permanent addition to my other bruises and age spots...lol.

Cindy, I'm sorry about your mother in law....it's so sad to see those we love deteriorate like that. I hope she's not too frustrated.

I drove to visit my Goddaughter's mom this morning ...it was great getting out by myself. Tomorrow is a hair color appointment and Friday a friend in the neighborhood is picking me up and we're moving for a mani/pedi. My first in years. My nails have gotten long and need some attention desperately.

Have a good day, my friends

Hi House. :rain   We've had rain and much cooler weather today...a much needed break from 100* days and no rain for almost 2 months!

Marlene ~ Your trip sounds great!  (Well maybe not the heat and humidity part.  ;) )  Enjoy the last couple of days and have a safe trip home.

Judy ~ I'm so glad your leg is better.  :manyheart   Have fun getting your hair done and nails, too!  

Lee Ann ~ Your shop in town sounds like a winner!  The "clues" contest is a great idea. I'll bet you're going to be even busier with the holidays coming up! 

Jill ~ I think I missed reading about your table doilies.  Are they thread or yarn?  And I love having take along projects!  My DH doesn't drive anymore due to macular degeneration and I have lots of time when he has appointments.  I hope you're feeling back to normal now after the allergy shots. :hug

Cindy ~ Yay for cooler weather!  Your Mil doesn't sound like she should be alone.  Could she and Fil be in the same place?  I know it's so hard when their memory goes. :( 

Linda ~ I hope all is going well with you guys. :yes

Hi Joanne and anyone I've missed.

Hubby and I had our consultations for colonoscopies yesterday.  Mine is in about 3 weeks and his is the following week.  He's still in PT and we're going to see Jess every other day.  We take his mail to him and visit for a while.  We lead such exciting lives. :lol

Crochet time for me!  Have a good afternoon, everyone. :)

Hi ladies!

We are down to Norfolk, Virginia now. We arrived here yesterday after touring Gettysburg. I have to say if you ever go there be sure and go to the movie, then up to a room it's a circle painting of all the battles. This painting was in Boston originally. It is like it's real. We took the car tour around town and it was very interesting. I was never a history nut but I really did enjoy Gettysburg. Today we took a boat tour up and down the bay to the Navy base and seen a lot of battleships. Then we toured the USS Wisconsin ship. We had dinner at Olive Garden then headed out to the ocean to walk the beach. It was much cooler there and felt good after another 90* day.

Looking forward to those 60's when we get home. Tomorrow we are going to the Shirley Plantation and then possibly heading toward home.

Cindy, Sorry to hear about your MIL.

Judy, Enjoy your take care of me time.

Lee Ann, Your questions sounded like they were perfect. I sorted out my recipes recently but not like yours. My recipe box fell off the top of refrigerator when Maya opened the freezer door. I didn't sit it back far enough. I sorted it by newspaper, magazine clipping, hand written and recipes I use. Some day I would like to put my recipes on a blog so no matter where I go I can get to them online.

Hi to Mary, Joanne, Linda and Jill. Hope everyone has a good rest of the week.

Good morning ladies. It's chilly here today. 50 degrees outside when I got up. Guess that means no more excuses for not getting things done outside!

Marlene, hope you enjoy your last day of vacation. Safe travels home.

I need to do something about my recipes too. I have two of those shoebox style photo boxes full, plus about 100 cookbooks, plus a few binders full of recipes I printed from the Internet. Lately, when I try a new recipe, I add notes to it, so I can remember if I made any changes and how much we liked it. I throw out the ones that don't work for us.

Mary, your life is just as exciting as mine...maybe more so! :)

Judy, sounds like your recovery is going well. Hope you enjoyed the mani-pedi!

Good morning Ladies!

Jill-8 more doilies to go!  wow!  Thread crochet is tiny tiny tiny. :manyheart   Do you have certain patterns that you like?  One of the gals in my group is making the most beautiful 3 toned roses, complete with stems, baby's breath and leaves.  All of you are so talented!

Cindy-oh no!  It must be terrible having to watch your mother inlaw struggle to pronounce words and keep up.  Cooler temps have hit us here in CO, it was freezing cold this morning.  I guess fall will be here soon..like next week soon.  :lol

Marlene-your vacation sounds heavenly!  I love visiting new places.   :hug

Mary- I would love retirement, living a laid back life sounds just fabulous!

Hello to the rest of the house!

It has been another busy few days here at the shop.  I am feeling slightly overwhelmed with the upcoming holidays and events that I am planning..but must remember to take it one day/step/breath at a time.

Have a great day friends!  I finished the pup, he's totally wonky and not my best work-hoping the next few come out better.  Can;t figure out why the photo is displaying sideways.  :-)

post-33271-0-81504700-1441903458_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-12491100-1441903530_thumb.jpg

Good Morning!

LeeAnn ~ I love the puppy!  His whiskers are too cute...great job! :clap 

Cindy ~ 50s!  That sounds heavenly to me.  We're supposed to have a short lived cool front and get all the way down to 84 tomorrow. :lol

Hi the rest of the house, too. :manyheart   Back to PT in a bit and then to pick up Jess's mail and take it to him.  He finally accepted my offer to help him with paying his bills after his electricity was turned off.  Not lack of money, just too stubborn! :ohdear   No word yet on how long he will be at Kindred. 

No crochet time lately,  but maybe this afternoon. :)

Have a good day, everyone!

Good morning. It's cold here! What a change from the beginning of the week! Mary, I prefer this to hot and humid, although I feel it's a little early in the season to start wearing socks and sweaters! Nothing much planned for today. I'm going to make soup and bread for dinner. It's that kind of weather!

Lee Ann, that puppy is really cute. I've never been able to get into that sort of thing, I made a teddy bear, and a stuffed snake for my first two grandsons, but I didn't enjoy it so I didn't make anymore. It's too bad though, there are so many really cute patterns out there.

My mother in law is doing much better. She will be moving back to independent living today. We will be going over each morning for a week or so to help her with her pills, but I think she would probably be fine on her own. She is pretty much back to where she was before surgery. Change always stresses her though, (although she is overjoyed to go back to "her place"), so we thought we'd ease her back into it by helping her with her pills.

It's my weekend to work, and then Monday morning I have to have some minor out patient surgery. I have to be there at 7. No coffee either...... Oh well. I guess I can go without coffee one morning!

Have a great day ladies.

Cindy ~ Oh, that is such good news about your Mil!  Homemade soup and bread sounds so good!  I make soup in the summer because I get hungry for it...and I just turn down the a.c. a little more. ;)  I hope your procedure on Monday goes well. ♥

What's everyone doing this weekend?  Luke's soccer game is in the morning and both boys will be here for the day Sunday.  DD is having an engagement brunch for a girlfriend at their house.  They've been friends since grade school!

Have a good evening!

Thanks Mary. I'm just a bit nervous about it. I've never had any sort of surgery, not even so much as a tooth extracted.

Change in plans for mil. A room in assisted living has opened up and she will be going there instead, but not until next Thursday. Mil prefers this and I think she will do better there. She is very easily stressed, so she will feel much better with a little supervision. DH and his brothers are going to move her stuff over there tomorrow.

It's supposed to get down into the 40s tonight. Good sleeping weather.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, It's good that your MIL wants to go to assisted living. She'll probably be much happier. I hope your procedure goes well for you on Monday. It doesn't really matter if it's minor or major surgery the worries are the same. I worried myself to death over a minor surgery so when a major one came I tried really hard not to let it bother me like before. Homemade soup and bread sounds good.

Mary, glad Jess is letting you help him. Have fun with the boys Sunday. Enjoy that soccer game.

Lee Ann, That is so cute. I made a turtle but it was pretty big. It was about round pillow size. I made it for my daughter. I'll have to see if she has it or if it's in my garage. Funny that Maya likes turtles now to. She and other kids will paddle up and down the lake shore looking for turtles to put in are pond. I found a little girls bracelet at Walmart while on vacation and it is turtles.

This morning we left Virginia and drove back up to Pennsylvania. We went to York town and took a tour of the Harley Davidson plant. They work four ten hour shifts. So they only had a few people working today. I found it very interesting. They have robots that do most of the welding. Then a human checks it over and touchs up if necessary. Then records it so if it happens much they can adjust the robot. There safety inspection is awesome. It's to bad the car makers are not as concerned. There would be less recalls on are cars.

I've been crocheting quite a bit in the truck. I think I'm about 3/4's of the way done on the baby blanket. I might be able to get it done tomorrow on the way home. Then I need to make the balls for it. The baby shower is next Saturday so I hope I can get it done before that.

It's been hinted to me through are parks Facebook page they would like me to make another afghan. One has been picked out. I have to say it isn't one I would pick to do, but I have seen one close to it and if I decide to do it I will look for it. But I told them I have a new grand baby coming and I will be there helping out for awhile so at this time I won't commit to making an afghan. DD has picked November 20th as her delivery day. I expect to be there for 2 weeks. Maya has to be driven to school and picked up and DD will be in the hospital for a few days.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

H​i, everyone.  I keep trying to get things to actually post and then losing them because I accidently hit something and it all goes bye-bye.  Color me frustrated.  I am keeping up on what is going on, but just have better luck posting on my desktop rather than on my laptop.   

Marlene, your vacation sounds super interesting, but I don't think I could keep up with the pace you went at it.  The East does have so much history associated with it.  I remember when we were doing geneology in the Northeast, and the tombstones went so much farther back.  The carving on them was so much more prosaic too.

Cindy, sounds like thin​gs are going much better for your mother-in-law.  I'm glad.

Wishing you all a good ​weekend.

Good morning. I'm on call for work, very unexpectedly. Usually a lot of people ask for the weekends off. I didn't ask, but neither did anyone else. DH has gone to breakfast with his brothers and then they are going to move his moms stuff to her new room. DS is coming over later today for dinner and to do some target shooting on our shooting range. That doesn't ever get used anymore, so I think he will have to clear the grass and weeds before he uses it.

Not sure what I will do with my unexpected free time, but I'm sure I will think of something of course, they might call me in at anytime....

Have a great day ladies.

Top of the morning House!  Happy National Crochet Day!  Did you all know that it is also Chocolate Milkshake Day?  Now neat is that!

Cindy-that is wonderful to hear that your mil is doing better.  Hugs, prayers and warmest of wishes to you on Monday.  I bet you found something fun to do today.

Mary-Glad to hear that all is going well.  Any big plans for the weekend?

Marlene-ooohh a crochet turtle sounds so cute!  I am really not into crocheting smaller items but since it was a custom request from a really good friend and customer, I thought I would give it a try.  It has been extremely time consuming, my customer stopped in here to see progress, her excitement makes it all worthwhile.

Linda-so sorry to hear that your posts have gone to cyberspace, my laptop does that too. Some days it types all over itself.  So strange. Are you feeling better?

Joanne-Happy Anniversary to you and your wonderful husband! 

Hello to the rest of the house!

My dh has been gone for a few days with a Boy Scout training.  It has just been the kiddos and myself, no big meals.  Makes it easier and gives me more time to get orders processed and out the door.  Here at the shop today, Joyce is out of town.  She is going to be traveling quite a bit for the next 3 months.  I do not mind, Saturdays are a bit slower, gives me time to catch up and get paperwork done.

Off to paperland, hope you all have a great day~! 

p.s. thank you for the lovely compliments on the pup, the second one is almost finished.  Just need to sew his tail on.  

Happy Saturday!

Cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping done ! Now I am crocheting in honor of international crochet day ! It's a simple hdc blanket in bulky yarn. Using light gray, dark gray and black and making stripes. I alternate working on that, the knit hitchhiker and the knit baby blanket. I like switching up between the projects. Tomorrow night during the ny giants game, I'll be starting the scoreboard KAL. It's on ravelry I'm going to make a scarf not a cowl though. For every point scored, you knit a row. I'm using heartland yarn. A royal blue color for the Giants points and red for the opponents. I'll use a couple of rows of grey to separate the games It'll be fun since I love football and usually knit or crochet when watching the games.

Leeann the pup is so cute. Thanks for the anniversary wishes! It's actually on Tuesday the 15t. 9/11 was 4 days before my wedding.

Marlene your trip sounds wonderful. I've never been to the Harley plant but have been to DC, Norfolk va and DC. I don't blame you for not committing to an afghan. You will be a busy grandma.

Linda. Good to hear from you. Sorry you have trouble with your laptop. Have you tried using a wireless mouse with it.?

Cindy. I'm glad that mil is going to assisted living. That is probably best all around. Hope you got the day off. !!, I'll be thinking of you Monday!!!!

Judy. Hope you are continuing to do well. We are watching the Yankee game now. Don't have a lot of confidence in the team right now . We also watch the mets just because they are a fun Team to watch now

Have a good rest of the day!!!!

Happy Saturday, everyone.  DD is in the process of plucking the fur from the new white French Angora bunny.  They shed (blow) their coats several times a year.  It is marvelous for spinning, which is why she raises them.  She's allergic to wool, so she spins lots of the more​ exotic fibers.  The male is new to her group of bunnies.  She has a black & white female and a grey female to breed him with, but he has to grow a bit more before that can happen.

I'm feeling better each​ day now.

LeeAnn, I ​love the puppy you crocheted.  I've made a number of little critters over the years.  The one that sticks out in my mind is the octopus I made.  It successful but all the long arms were a royal pain to crochet.  My GS got a book of knit monsters and has several picked out for me to make for/with him.  He wants to learn to knit with me as his instructor.  Time will tell on that.

LeeAnn your scoreboard project sounds like a lot of fun.  I just might have to look that one up.​

A​ll for now.  Have a good weekend.

Hi, ladies.

I loved my mani/pedi yesterday....so nice being pampered and also going with a friend.

Cindy, I hope all goes well for you on Monday. I miss having regular coffee...and I remember well how skipping it for one morning was the worst part of surgery for me. Hugs.

Judy, glad you had fun getting your mani and pedi. I love going and really enjoy it even more when I get to go with my dd.

I decided to follow the scoreboard KAL as written and cast on using the provisional cast on ( something new I learned). I am ready for the game tonight ! I am not using the yarn they recommended, but am using lion brand heartland from my stash instead.

Got a call from the boys this morning wishing me a happy grandparents day. Ryan is really quite the chatterbox on the phone now. Robbie, not so much. Lol. They have an outing planned with their cousins today and I'm glad the weather is so nice

We are going to go out for a while to enjoy the day. It really is lovely.

Happy Sunday all!!!!

Good Morning house!

Cindy-thinking of you and wishing you the very bust today.  :hug hugs and prayers headed your way.

Joanne-Awww that is so sweet of Ryan and Robbie to call you and tell you Happy Grandparents Day.  How did the game go?

Linda-the fiber sounds stunning!  wow and so soft :manyheart   Do you use any of it to crochet/knit?

Hello to the rest of the house!  I am so grateful for Sundays and Mondays.  Yesterday I worked here at home in my Craft Studio, whipped up lots of new Halloween soaps, tarts and candles.  Today I will print labels, photo and add to etsy.  Also have a few household chores that I need to get done.  I feel much better as I was feeling slightly overwhelmed. Making lists helps me stay on track.

Also finished the 2nd pup on to the third.  I had shared the photo on my FB group-have an order for more tiny animals.  I guess that will be the new thing this winter.  I would like to extend the invitation to any of you that would like to join.  It is called "Crafting With LeeAnn".

off to clean.  Have a super day friends!

Hi, everyone!

Lee Ann, I need to make lists for everything! There's something very gratifying about being able to cross out things.

Off to see my doctor tomorrow afternoon....I have a list of questions, too!

Hi Ladies,

We got to Maya's house saturday afternoon. We spent the night and came home sunday evening. Daisy was so excited to see us. I actually don't know who was happier her or Maya. Hubby mentioned several times while we were gone his dog. Maybe he was the happiest one. lol

Melaine texted us to let us know they finally got home. There truck broke down, but they were able to get it home. Waiting to hear what was wrong with it.

Today we got a call from Tisa. She was crying and needed to talk so went down to her house to visit, listen and give her some love and advice. She's having a hard time with her mom's death yet which is understandable. Her marriage is probably over. Her daughter is pregnant again with number three. Her son is giving her a hard time and disrespecting her. Grandpa is going to talk to him. We found out today he was the same way with his grandma and she gave into him. Her dad and I told her it's called tough love. If he can't respect her and follow two rules she has then hit the road. She and Zac are living in Tisa's moms home she inherited it and she was raised there. Zac spent most of his time that he wasn't in school, with his grandma. We were surprised to hear of his behavior. Hopefully he will listen to grandpa. Because this grandma won't be easy on him. He needs to realize all his mom is going through and be supportive.

Went to my dads grave today and picked up his flowers. I'm going to try and keep them alive and take them to Texas with me. We went by my moms to borrow her canopy for the baby shower saturday.

When we got back are neighbor called with sad news. Our neighbors Jim and Pat. Pat died. She was due to have some heart surgery and we don't know if she had it or not. We have been neighbors and friends for 21 years. I will miss her very much. She is my closest friend I have here. We use to play cards together every friday night until Maya came along and was with us all the time. She loved Maya. She told us and Maya that Maya was her favorite person. Maya would go over to there deck and sit and visit, they would play games and when Maya was younger Pat would read to her.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Linda, I lose my post to on my laptop. I go back to the page I was on but you don't have to. You can go to the reply box and click on "more reply options", another box opens you will see on the bottom left corner of the reply box it says "last auto saved and gives a time", like on it there is your reply you previously typed.

Cindy, Hope your doing well and your surgery was a success.

Judy, Hope the doctor appt goes well and he answers all of your questions.

Joanne, Happy Anniversary! Your kal sounds fun.

LeeAnn, I bet you will get lots of orders for little animals. I like to make list to, especially if I have lots to do.

Hi to Mary and everyone else in the house.

Good Morning, House. :)   Sorry to have been MIA - I can't believe it's Tuesday already. Lol  These days go by so fast!

Cindy ~ I hope you are okay after your procedure. :manyheart  

Judy ~ Is this your first dr. visit since your hospital stay?  I think drs appreciate it when we bring questions. :yes   I hope you are feeling okay...you've been through a lot!

Marlene ~ So glad you had a safe trip home.  I'll bet everyone is looking forward to the baby shower! :c9   Did you get the afghan finished?

Linda ~ Are you back at your apartment?  I'm so glad to hear you're feeling much better. :hug

Joanne ~ Happy Anniversary! ♥♥♥

Hi LeeAnn, Jill and others I may have missed. :) 

Luke's soccer game Saturday was very entertaining. :lol  We brought both boys home with us and took them home Sunday afternoon.  Yesterday was hubby's last PT, cleaning and laundry.  We will see Jess today and Gracie goes to the groomers.  I'm really missing my crochet hook! ;)

Have a wonderful Tuesday, everyone. :manyheart

Hi ladies, my procedure went well, and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm having some trouble shaking the after anesthesia "blahs" though. That's my technical term for feeling foggy. I haven't had much pain and Motrin has pretty much taken care of it. I got a prescription for a narcotic pain med and I got it filled, but I don't think I will be needing it.

I was home by 10 yesterday morning and did next to nothing all day. This morning I did 2 loads of laundry, and that was all I could manage before I needed to rest. I'm sure it's the sedation and anesthesia effect. It's like all of a sudden I don't feel right. An hour or two of rest and I feel back to normal. Hopefully that will be better by tomorrow. I have things I'd like to get done!

Marlene, I'm sorry to hear about Pat. Hope Grandpa can talk some sense into Zac!

Archived