Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Thursday Folks!

Cindy-you are with it today!  I have never tried a robot vacuum, it sounds fabulous!  Does it pick up all of the smaller crumbs and such?  We live out in the country, dirt road lots of dust, this would be awesome especially in the kitchen and living room.   :manyheart

Marlene-nice to meet you!  Vacation sounds like pure bliss.  Congratulations on the new baby!  

Mary-hoping that you get a bit of me time in today.

Joanne-bet you are gearing up and ready for the weekend? what's on the agenda?  I am positive that you will have fun.   :yes

Hello to the rest of the house!  I came in early to switch out my car for my bike..rode around town doing errands..whew!  Came back jelly legged but it was good exercise.  Going to work on a few crochet orders-the tiniest lil schnauzer pups.  This will be my first time crocheting doggies, I am working on a practice one then will start my order.

Have a great day ladies! :ghug  :ghug  :ghug

Hi House!  I am so excited to have received Mary Jo's September tote!

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/155245-c%E2%80%99ville-september-2015-tote/

It's been another long day, but I'll be home tomorrow!  I hope everyone is okay.

Marlene ~ I don't want to miss saying "have a wonderful trip" before you leave.  Enjoy!

Hi, peeps. My day was a very good.one...a continuation of the good afternoon I had yesterday.

I didn't even feel the need for a nap today! Tired right now, but am feeling good, despite that.

Have a good night everyone!

Congrats Mary!!! I know it was you!!!!

Judy. Glad that each day gets better and better

LeeAnn. Bar-b-que on Sunday at DD's house. Looking forward to three days off work. Only one more to go,,, good luck woth the little pups

Marlene. Have a great vacation!!!

Judy ~ Aww, thank you! :manyheart   I'm so glad you are feeling better each day! 

LeeAnn ~ Way to go for riding your bike!  I'm not sure if I could still ride one. Lol  Please show us pictures of your puppy crochet!

Joanne ~ Thank you!  Have a wonderful long weekend. :yes  

Time for a light supper.  Have a good night, all.

Good Morning house,

Didn't realize it has been so long since I was here. Everyone seems so busy.

Gardner: Thanks for posting about the blog hop. I printed most of the patterns for future use. My WIP list is pretty long at this time.

Mary: Congrats on being the recipient of Mary Jo's bag. I know you will enjoy it!

I cleaned out the botton of my bedroom closet Tuesday and found 3 bags of yarn I didn't know I had. My stash seems to be growing, LOL. I spent yesterday working on organizing and catologing my stash and still have about 2 containers left to work on. I *shouldn't* have to buy yarn for a while. I also found a nice big Lionbrand project bag I had forgotten I had so I am back in business for carrying around my work.

Also while sitting on the floor cleaning my closet I aggrevated my sore knee so I have been hobbling around a bit. The old bones aren't what they used to be.

Volunteering at church today. Then off to see my niece and take her some shoes I also found cleaning the closet that I cannot wear but are almost new. Hopefully will get some hook time in this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Enjoy your holiday, hopefully with friends and family. Hook on!

Good morning House!

Joanne-a BBQ sounds just perfect!  I haven't planned anything, I guess I should get to organizing.   :lol   I am the planner in our family, sometimes I feel like we all wouldn't get together if I didn't organize it all.  I do love it, bet that is why they leave it to me.   :manyheart

Mary-Oh happy days!  I am soo thrilled for you, I am not sure how the bag giving works but that is just phenomenal.  

Jill-ohhh laaa laaa!  Found yarn is the best!  What kind of wips do you have?  I have about 8 going.too much but am working on getting more projects completed.

Cindy-do you have plans for the weekend?

Hello to everyone else!

Last nights Craft Night went well, stayed past  7:30.  I finally told the ladies, I love you but we must get going.   :lol  It takes me about 20 minutes to get home. We usually end at 7 but they were having a good time chatting and rolling yarn.  I am glad that they all like it so much.  

Today is the start of the Early Iron Festival that our town hosts.  I am hoping to be busy as a bee here in the shop.  If not, I can work on the crochet pup, I didn't have a few of the supplies that I needed yesterday but made sure to bring them in.  Will share pics just as soon as I make a bit more progress.

Off to open the doors.  Have a great day folks! 

Jill ~ Way to go on organizing!  I need to go through every closet and cupboard in this house. Lol  I hope your knee feels better soon. :hug

Lee Ann ~ Ooh, I hope the festival brings you lots of customers!  I'll bet your craft night makes many people happy. :yes

Judy ~ Thinking of you. :manyheart

Linda ~ I hope you're much better by now. :)

Have a good evening, everyone. ♥♥♥

Good Morning, everyone. :)   I am forcing myself to clear off my desk today. Exciting, huh?  Then I will reward myself with some crochet time!

Jess was moved to rehab yesterday evening.  He almost didn't agree to it, so we're just hoping he stays there for the prescribed time.

Have a good day, friends. ♥♥♥

Good morning ladies. It's kind of gloomy here, and not very hot...at least not yet. Hoping fall like weather comes back and stays a while!

I have a three day weekend, which rarely happens to me. Last night we visited DH's brother, tonight we are going to a 50th birthday party, and tomorrow we are going to DDs for lunch. By Monday I will need a rest! Although maybe we will visit a flea market in the morning. A city about 45 miles north of us has a huge flea market on the warm weather holidays. It's like the kind you see in magazines, not the ones that have stall after stall of t-shirts and dollar store merchandise. Whether we go or not will depend on the weather.

We had an interesting experience already today. Three small children, 2 boys and a girl, knocked at our door and told us they were lost. I'd have guessed them at age 4, 5 and 7. The two boys were visiting from out of state, but luckily the little girl knew her address. They told us they had been walking in the woods. They were nearly two miles from home. We drove them home, but imagine what could have happened if they knocked on the wrong door! Our area is heavily wooded, but it is fairly well populated as well. It's also interesting to me that they walked up our long driveway, when most of our neighbors live right on the street. Our house is not visible from the street in the summer.

I need to get some housekeeping mojo. I've frittered away the summer doing only the basics. Last nights visit to my sister in law was eye opening. She has totally de cluttered, rearranged and lightened up. (she doesn't work outside the home, and she is a little obsessed by home decorating.....but still....). Of course, the friend whose husband is turning 50, could care less about keeping house, so I will be over this by tomorrow. She's interested is things like gardening, horses, chickens, etc. her house will look more or less like mine, neat and clean but uninspired! No baskets and bags of unfinished projects everywhere though!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

'Afternoon, all. :)   I hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend.

Cindy ~ I'm so glad you all were home when the lost kids came!  Not everyone would be as nice and/or caring as you all.  Your weekend sounds like a busy one - enjoy!

Judy ~ Thinking of you each day. :hug   I hope hubby is still pampering you!  ;) 

Hi to everyone at the house!

We went to see Jess earlier.  He is at a Kindred transitional hospital, which was requested by his surgeon.  It is a beautiful facility and there are plenty of employees checking on him...he's still a very sick guy.

We're supposed to be back in the 100s for a few days, although it's been in the upper 90's so not that much different!

Hi, all.  I keep hitting the wrong key and losing my posts.  I'm on the laptop which is still taking a lot of getting used to.  I am doing better with it.

I am feeling a lot better healthwise too.  So is GS.  DD missed out on this bug.  Yay!  Mostly just weak.

Glad to hear that Jess is doing better, Mary.  Infections are dangerous, so I'm glad he's behaving himself now.

Glad that you are doing well, too, Judy.

Good morning- and happy to say Happy Monday since I have off today ....

We had a great time at DD and SIL's bar-b-que yesterday- Lots of fun! Middle DD came as well so it was nice to see her for the 2nd weekend in a row!  It was lovely out- and probably the last hurrah in the pool!! Although here in NJ- it can still get warm in Sept....

This morning, I backed up my iphone and ipad to the computer and then backed up the computer to my external hard drive--I've been putting off doing this-- and since I have an appointment with Apple early this afternoon, I really needed to do it this morning.  Now I've got all my photos off the phone and ipad and backed up on both the computer and  the external drive.

My ipad mini has been crashing when I'm using it-- that's why I made the appointment at apple...at least it's all backed up so we'll see what they have to say.

Mary= Glad to hear that Jess is in a nice place- hope you get a little time for you!

Judy- hoping that you are continuing to feel better every day--

Linda- Good news on your front- glad that the illness is now gone! 

LeeAnn- how did the weekend go with the event?

Cindy- Wow! how scary about those kids- they are very lucky they knocked on your door!!!! I agree about the hitchhiker- it would make a nice gift---Haven't gotten much done on it this weekend- but I was working on a knitted blanket -

Well, its time to get ready to head out to apple---

enjoy the rest of this 'labor day'---and I thank all those who labor that don't get Labor Day off (such as nurses, police officers, emt's, retail workers, firemen, doctors, hospital staff, restaurant staff...etc....)

Happy Labor Day ladies. We decided not to go to the flea market. It was already 80 degrees and very humid by 8 AM. We went out to breakfast and I'm going to do a little housework and DH is working. One of us might cut grass, depends on if it cools off later. It's too hot to work outside. I tried sitting in the shade and it's just too humid to be out there even doing nothing.

I'm glad we are home instead of running around. We had a very busy weekend, and it's nice to relax. I'm sitting here watching my robot vacuum make its rounds. I'm being productive without putting forth much effort!

Hope everyone has a nice holiday.

Hi House. :)

Linda ~ Thank goodness you all are feeling better! :manyheart  

Joanne ~ I have a sticky note reminding me to back up everything...I'm really good at it for a while and then slack off. ;)

Cindy ~ Enjoy your day!

We're staying in today...it's back to 100! 

post-10699-0-36260000-1441646462.jpg

Hi peeps.

Doing well ...except when I made the mistake of getting on the floor to retrieve Lucy's Kong ball from under some furniture. I handed it to hubby and Lucy scrambled across my calf. I had jeans on, luckily, but I'm on blood thinners....I iced it, but it's ugly...good thing I always wear long pants outside.

Lesson learned.

iPad is back in business!! They ran diagnostics and recommended that they wipe it out and restore it to new. Since I had backed up everything we were good to go. So far so good, no crashing.

We went to lunch afterwards and have been spending the remainder of the day relaxing.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, glad you were able to help those kids. Very scary!

Joanne, Ya for Apple fixing your mini iPad. I need to backup both my phone and iPad.

Judy, Glad your feeling better! Habits are hard to break (getting down and getting the dog toy).

Mary, Congratulations on being the lucky bag lady! I hope Jess likes his new hospital home and will stay to see the benefits from it.

Jill, I went through some totes of yarn looking to see if I needed to buy any yarn for the new grand baby to be blanket. I found some I forgot I had.

Lee Ann, I hope you had a successful day at your event in town.

Linda, Glad your feeling better.

Are trip was delayed by 6 hours. Melaine and Brian had to attend a funeral Saturday morning. We went to Arlington Cemetary and did some walking around in DC. Today we went back to DC and did tons of walking. I have two blisters on the bottom of my feet. Melaine told me about some band aids made for blisters so I bought some. I bought new crocs to wear as the reviews were good on them. I wouldn't recommend them for walking trips like are's. We went to the Korean memorial, the Vietnam memorial (someone from my hometown, his name is on the wall. We found it and I took a picture of it to post in are community page on Facebook. I went to school with some of his siblings. We went to World War II memorial, Lincoln and Washington's memorials. We went through most of but not all of the Smithsonian's. Tomorrow we're going to Gettysburg. From there down to Virginia Beach and the Navy base down near there. Friday we will head toward home. We left our car at Maya's house.

I hope everyone has a great week! It's been miserable hot here. I don't do well with the heat and humidity near 90.

Good morning house!

Feels like so much has happened, this weekend was sure a busy one!

Joanne-so glad that your Ipad was fixed and is up and running like new. I need to follow your lead and backup all of my photos and important documents.  It is painful to loose anything.  

Marlene-I love love love crocs!  Hopefully your blisters heal soon.  Have you heard of moleskin?  My dh uses it faithfully. 

Cindy-it sounds very hot in your neck of the woods.  What a relief to help those kiddos find their family.  How scary for all of them.  I am sure that the parents were besides themselves.  Did you get a bit of R & R in?

Jill-how ya doing?  

Linda-so happy to read that you are feeling better, anything exciting going on this week?

Mary-Mr. Jess sounds like he is doing much better, I bet it is a relief to know that he is following dr orders.

Judy-how is your leg doing today?  It is hard to train ourselves to do something that was have always done differently.  Hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

I am soo soo very glad to be back at the shop!  It was a whirlwind of activity.  I am glad to have a sense of normalcy.   :yes

Saturday we were slamming!  I had run a few errands without thinking much of time.  When I came in at 9:30, the shops were full!  Poor Joyce was trying to run both shops as best as she could.  I quickly put my purse away and opened up my register.  We were super busy, good sales too!  The Clues Cruise went well.  Here's how it worked.  When the car folks stopped to fill out their paperwork for the car show they were each given packets.  In the packet they included an entry form with the clues.  The individuals then had to walk/drive to the participating businesses and find the clue, write it down on their paper then drop it off to be entered into the drawing.  They had 3 winners, over $350 in gift baskets.  Folks liked it.  Here are the questions that I had submitted:

Happiness is a long hot bubble bath, how many bathtubs are in the shop?  

Don’t quack like a duck, soar like an eagle.  How many ducky decals adorn the walls?  

House Bath Rates, what is the price of a cold bath? (I have a sign in the shop)

All you need is Yarn, how many skeins of yellow yarn are on display?  

We died down after 3:30, we ended up closing up at 4:30 then walking to the park to see the last of the cars that were left.  After that I ran to the grocery store again as my sister and mom joined us for dinner and a movie.  It was a great but busy day.  

On Sunday the family and I did a deep cleaning.  I made a list and we went to work.  We finished around 3.  My mom and sister brought over a pizza for dinner..so thoughtful.  My mom also helped me file all of the paperwork that I had stacked in my folder and also organized my recipe binder.  She is a good secretary!  That is what she does for a living, she is super organized.  I had the tabs and such..she went to work, what a relief!

Yesterday I met with Pam the massage therapist in the building, we are working together on a salve and a few products.  After that it was back to soapy land, packaging orders, grocery shopping and cleaning and then finally at 8 I said done..no more work for me.  Just sat and watched t.v.  Went to bed early.

I feel much better today, like I have accomplished alot.  Also rode 3 miles this morning..I think I should take a bit of time to rest, what do you all think?

Archived