Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good afternoon ladies!

Judy-I bet you are over the moon happy to be home, that is wonderful that your family is spoiling you.  :hug

Joanne-Any fun plans for the weekend?

Marlene-nice to meet you. :manyheart

Cindy-what an adventure your son has, wow!  Your family sounds wonderful.   :cheer

Mary-oh goodness! I hope that Jess listens to the dr.s and gets the infection cleared up, that can be dangerous.

It has been another busy day here at the shop.  Not as many customers but lots of cleaning.  I came in a little bit early to start on the dusting..took almost all day but it is almost done with the exception of the Fragrance Of the Month display, I will be switching it all out on Tuesday, thought I would do it then.  Also did a quick inventory of yarn that is in stock, time to order more.  A small amount, glad that I thought to inventory what I had as I had some of the colors I was needing in the back kitchen.  

Off to clean up my desk, talk to you soon.   :ghug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!

Had a lovely day yesterday with my middle daughter. We went to Rutgers gardens in the afternoon. How lush all the flowers are!! Beautiful!!! After dinner, we went down to the bay to watch the sunset which was gorgeous !! It was a very enjoyable relaxing day Today we are heading to dd to spend time with the boys and hang out in the pool. I am blessed. What a wonderful weekend.

Mary. I'll keep Jess in my thoughts and prayers.

Judy I hope you are doing well!!!

Cindy. It was a gorgeous full moon last nite. Hope that doesn't mean a busy day, although it probably does Hope it goes by quickly !

Lee Ann. Sounds like you had a busy but productive day. The soapies are so adorable!!!! Do you get to rest today?

Hi to the rest of the house. Have a good Sunday. Dd is out of the shower now so time to get ready to head out!

H​i!  Didn't realize I'd been out of touch so long.  GS had a good first week of school.  Just one melt down and he turned it around quite quickly and worked with the teacher to figure out how to handle it better next time.  They are starting on cursive which he finds very hard.

DD's program that they ​were testing out last weekend got implemented this weekend.  I came over here and spent the night on Friday so I didn't have to get up early.  I was finally getting over the congestion, but had gotten so worn down that I picked up a bug on top of it.  Severe nausea with diarhea culminating in vomiting last night. I HATE throwing up and don't do it easily.  Felt like I was trying to turn myself inside out.  DD finally got some nausea meds left over from 2 years ago and finally got the vomiting stopped late last night.  So far I've kept down some gingerale and a slice of toast today. 

L​eeAnn, I love the new soaps.

Judy, gentle hugs comin​g your way.  I'm so glad everything worked out okay and that you are home recuperating so quickly.  5 stents is a lot at once.  Take it easy.  I'm glad they caught it before worse happened.

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone.​

Good evening, all. 

LeeAnn ~ I hope you've had a little "me" time today! 

Linda ~ Oh, feel better soon. :hug   Your news about dgs is wonderful!

Joanne ~ So glad you're having another weekend with family. :yes   I haven't seen DD or the boys enough lately and miss them!  Luke is very excited each morning and told me he thought they should have school on Saturdays. :lol   I wonder how long that will last?!

Judy ~ I hope your recovery is going well. :manyheart

We had to be gone again today, but I did finish the border a while ago!  I think I'll take a break from hexies now. ;)

Hi ladies. I ended up getting to stay home on call today. I didn't do anything productive with my time. I knit a few rows on my "Hitchiker" scarf and read an entire book. Back to work tomorrow.

Linda, hope you feel better soon.

Joanne, your weekend sounds wonderful!

Judy, hope you are recovering well.

Mary, you sure have been busy lately!

Hi to everyone else.

Good Morning!  It's almost nice outside - only 72* instead of our usual 80* at this time of morning. Lol   I'm having a cup of tea before starting the day. :)

DH has two appointments this a.m. so I'm taking a scarf to work on.

Have a wonderful Monday, everyone. :manyheart

F​inally got a good nights sleep last night.  Still somewhat nauseated, but have managed to down something a little more solid recently.  With luck I'm over the worst of this  now.  GS stayed home today with upset stomach and headache, so DD stayed home from work to keep track of both of us.

Wishing you all a good ​day.

Good afternoon friends!

Wow!  The weekend whizzed by in such a flurry I feel like I missed it.  :lol

Cindy-ohh laaa laaa a book reading day? Sounds just perfect!  Your Hitchiker scarf sounds neat, I am a very slow knitter, do you knit  a lot?  :P

Linda-happy to hear that you are keeping down a tiny bit of food, having tummy problems imho is the worst.  I feel for you, hoping that this week you will start to feel better every day. :hug

Joanne-your weekend with your family sounds just wonderful!  Your grands are growing so fast, what a blessing to live near them.  I bet your dd were so happy to spend the weekend with you.  Reading of you watching the sunset reminds me that I need to take more time off to enjoy life.  :lol

Mary-how many hexies did you make?  I remember making a hexagon afghan once..oh my gosh!  Lots of ends to weave in, if I find a picture on here I will share it with ya all.  :manyheart

Judy-how ya doing?

Yesterday was a bit of a work day.  I got up early to tackle my weekly house blessing as I like to call it. The in-laws called and said that they were coming over.  I decided to surprise my father in-law with a "Retirement" lunch as he just retired last week.  A quick trip to the grocery store then it was home to cook cook cook.  I think he was pretty excited to be so spoiled.

After lunch and clean up and the never ending laundry I took a break and crochet for a bit.  I am working on a baby afghan for a friend..mostly sc's,   I am about half way done, must put the pedal to the medal and get it hooked up as she is due in January. 

Today I was good lil gal and baked homemade banana bread, my family is going to be so excited.  :clap   Finally packaged up all of the soaps, fizzies and product that was here in the studio..best get to those Apple goodies. 

Talk to you all soon, hugs!

Hi house,

Out this morning to run some errands then back home to do come chores.  Maybe will get some hook time later this afternoon.

Linda: Hope you are feeling better.  Sorry to hear that gs is also sick.

Judy: Glad to hear that you are home and feeling better.  Take care of yourself!

Mary: Hope Jess is behaving this time around.  Those infections can be nasty if not taken care of.

Not much going on here.  DH is making me a puzzle table for jigsaw puzzles and small crafts.  I hear him down there sanding or sawing, can't tell which. His woodworking keeps him busy!

I need to started working on some more prayer shawls soon. I have given away almost all of the ones I have made.  I am still working on my Get Squared project.  Yesterday I finished a lapghan that I had almost completed and just abandoned.  Still making potholders and dishcloths in between the bigger projects, too.

I have also spent some time going through my stash taking inventory so I know what I have.  I have found some yarn that I don't have a clue why I bought or what I thought I'd make with it. But I'm sure something will come to mind. I think I MAY be halfway through it, but I keep finding yarn in different closets, etc so I'm not sure. It's like yarn shopping all over again. LOL.

I think I am rambling so will stop.  Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Linda ~ Yay for feeling a bit better!  I hope dgs is okay, too. :manyheart

LeeAnn ~ I love reading your posts!  Just keeping up with two teenagers is a lot, let alone all the other things you have going on!  :)   Yes, hexagons are so time consuming, but I've always loved them and grannys, too.  This one was 86 hexies and each row is a different color...lots and lots of ends to weave in!

Jill ~ Hi!  Ramble anytime you want to...of course no one else on here ever does that. :lol  That is so great that your hubby loves woodworking - another table is always needed!

After driving DH to his appointments, we called Jess to see how he was doing.  (So far, he's being a good patient. ;))  He asked if we would bring his laptop and a couple other things that he insisted he didn't want before. (He's even more stubborn that my DH Lol)  So after going back to his house, then to the hospital and grocery store, we didn't get home til about 4.  I guess I'd better get started on dinner!  

Have a good evening, all. ♥♥♥

Good morning. We are back to hot and humid weather here, and just in case I don't get outside to know about it, my joints let me know! Even my feet hurt this morning. I'm getting old and rickety I guess! Work was fairly quiet yesterday, so it isn't that, and I don't feel sick. I think I might have to take some Motrin.

I can get away with doing only a bare minimum of things today. Laundry can wait, the robot will vacuum and I will clean the bathrooms.

Lee Ann, I am a really slow knitter, and I can only do a few rows at a time, before my hands cramp up. However, I like the slow rhythm of it. I never attempt anything complicated or overly large. The biggest thing I've ever made was a baby blanket. When I crochet, I'm always pushing for a finish, but when I knit, I just aim for a row or two. That makes knitting more relaxing for me than crochet in some ways.

I really like the Hitchiker scarf, it's an asymmetrical crescent shape with points along the wider side. I might keep it for myself. It's about four feet long already but it will need to be quite a bit bigger. Each row has more stitches than the previous row, so each eight section is taking me a couple of knitting sessions,

Mary, I hope you get a day to stay home today. You must be exhausted. Sounds like Jess is doing ok.

Jill, I haven't bought yarn since last December and my stash is still falling out of the yarn closet. As for rambling, ramble away. We all do it.

Linda, hope you and DGS are doing better today, and also that dd doesn't get sick.

Judy, are you ok, I feel like we haven't heard from you in a few days.

Marlene, are you still at Maya's?

Hi, peeps.

I'm doing ok...we went to the local food store already, and hubby brought some laundry down so we could keep up with it. That will be all I do today. We collaborated over an easy dinner last night and he did all the clean up, as he's been doing - with the dogs, too.

I feel stronger than last Friday when I came home, but still have to take it easy and not expect too much too fast. I was told it's very much an individual thing.

I did knit a little yesterday which was nice. Got tired of reading all the time. Only needed one nap yesterday...yay!

I read over the posts I've missed...thanks for the good wishes. If was good seeing everybody's news.

Good afternoon ladies!

After a whirlwind of product making yesterday I must admit I am a bit on the exhausted side..can't seem to summon up much energy.  

Judy-so glad that you are feeling better, and you knit too?  woohoo!

Cindy-I bet it is hot in your neck of the woods.  Here in Colorful Colorado we are cooling down.  Our winters are long..sometimes they start in October and run all the way thru to May sometimes June.  Do you get snow?  Hoping that with rest you feel better.  

Jill-I love shopping in my yarn stash! :c9   Isn't it funny how we can store yarn anywhere and everywhere?  I usually have yarn in my night stand, next to my bed in a basket by the chair that I like to sit in, in the craft studio, here at the shop, in the back kitchen, even in the ottoman..my dh is always finding yarn wrappers or odds and ends.  He thinks it's so funny how I can have several projects started at one time.

Hello to the rest of the house.  :ghug   I did'n't bring the baby ghan that I was working on today as I had 2 boxes of product to bring in but wish I had..guess I could catch up on paperwork.   :lol

Talk to you all soon.  

Lee Ann, we get a lot of snow. We live near Lake Michigan and that means we get a ton of lake effect snow. Our city is number 16 in top snow cities in the USA. We've gotten snow as early as the first week in October, but usually it's closer to the end of October. ( I think they only counted larger cities, I'm sure that the towns in Michigans Upper a Peninsula get a lot more than most of the cities on the list.) Typically it lasts well into April, once in a while there will be a freak snowstorm in May, but that snow doesn't last.

We were in Colorado in May about ten years ago. On Saturday it was in the mid 70s and we went in the outdoor pool at the hotel. Sunday we woke up to 3 inches of snow on the ground. Our weather is not that changable!

Hi all

Glad to hear you are getting stronger each day, Judy.

Cindy, I feel the same way as you do about knitting. I am not fast, and since I know to so slower it is more relaxing I still haven't worked on the socks. Decided to frog the sweater I started. I hadnt gotten far so no loss. I have the hitchhiker in my favs on ravekry. That and the boneyard shawl by Steven west. Love the look of the hitchhiker Very not and humid here too. Kids here go back to school Thursday which is supposed to be very hot and humid,,, I feel for them and the teachers. My dd returned today and her students start Thursday as well

LeeAnn. Did you get your paperwork done?

Linda. Hope you are feeling better

Mary I hope you get some "Mary " time

Marlene. Thinking about you and hope all is well.

Hi to the rest of the house. Time to make dinner. Hot dogs and corn on the cob on e grill tonight. Easy peasy. My favorite kind of dinner.

Just saw this on Facebook. Eight crochet designers and bloggers are hosting a blog hop in which they are giving away one of their patterns. In one case the pattern is always free, and you do have to be a Ravelry member to take advantage of most of the offers. They end tomorrow at 10 AM PST.

Start here. Each blog post has a link to the next one.

http://cre8tioncrochet.com/2015/09/flash-giveaway-blog-hop/

Hi House!  We've had a "happy homeowner's day"...NOT.  The upstairs central ac unit went out yesterday evening and it also cools part of the downstairs.  Thankfully, our ac guy was able to come this afternoon and it just needed a part.  Uverse went out this morning for a whole portion or our neighborhood and it came back on about an hour ago.  Gee, not that many years ago we didn't go into a panic when something didn't work! ;)

I'm making omelettes for dinner and will catch up in the morning. :ghug

Good Morning. :)

Judy ~ You sound good! :manyheart   I'm glad you're pacing yourself and getting lots of rest.  Great news that you feel like knitting!  My donation project is on hold - I have an order for a baby 'ghan.  I almost decided not to take the order with so much going on around here, but she doesn't need it until mid October.

Cindy ~ Beautiful scarf!  Your knitting is lovely. :yes

Hi to everyone at the House.  :)

I woke up at 4 and decided to stay up since we have to leave about 7:30 anyway.  DH has another appt. at 8 and then we'll run a few errands.

Have a good Wednesday, everyone. ♥♥♥

Top of the morning ladies!

It's only 10:30 here in my neck of the woods yet it feels like I have accomplished alot.  

Mary-oh no!  I bet you all were melting without AC, glad that they could get you fixed on the same day.  You sure were up early.  What kind of baby ghan are you going to make?

Cindy-wasn't that too cool?  All of the designers on Ravelry did an amazing job putting the blog hop together.  I was able to hop on and download all of the patterns, you never know when one of them will come in handy.   Ohh laaa laaa your Hitchhiker scarf is awesome!  It looks like a million bucks!  We have crazy weather here in CO.  You can have all 4 seasons in one day, hot, cold, rain and snow..we always tell folks, "Don't like the weather?  just wait a few minutes, it will change".   ;)

Joanne-how ya doing?  How's Paradise?  Your dinner sounded delish!  I love easy fixin's.  I was playing hooky yesterday, I found a granny ripple ghan that I had started forever ago in the kitchen.. :lol   I should have worked on paperwork, today I will have to get my tush in gear and get all of the Fragrance listings on etsy changed.

Judy-that is wonderful to hear that you are feeling better.  

Hello to the rest of the house! :ghug 

I woke up late this morning, was supposed to package a couple of orders but I didn't have time..I am going to have to set my alarm as I am waking up later and later every day.  I picked up Miss Carmin-she wanted to go see an outdoor garden that one of her church friends has created.  My oh my!  It was stunning!  They have a little pond, different areas to sit, a small gazebo and grotto.  It was breathtaking to see all of the trees and flowers.  I was so honored to be there.

Must get my head out of the clouds and get to work on etsy.  Have a great day! 

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Glad to hear your home and your feeling better. I bet the children were very happy to see us. Daisy is so excited when were gone for a few hours. You should of seen her when she spent a weekend with Maya. She'll be really wound up when we come home from vacation. We will be gone for 8 days. She is staying with Maya while were gone.

Mary, Glad Jess is doing better. You guys are such good friends to him. He's a lucky guy!  What pattern will you use for the baby blanket order? Glad you were able to get the ac and u-verse working so quickly. Cute that Luke would like to go to school on saturdays to.

Linda, Glad you are feeling better and hope DGS is also.

Cindy, DS trip sounds like lots of fun. Your dinner at his house sounds like a fun time. Your knitting project is pretty and well done. I don't knit very often or it is slow going for me.

Joanne, Sounds like a fun time with family last weekend.

Jill and Lee Ann, Nice to meet you! I'm married the second time for both of us. Hubby has a daughter married with two adult children, 2 great grandchildren and one on the way. We are not happy about the second little alone the third.

I have a son married his second time with two children. Payton 11 and Jocelyn 9. I have a daughter who has a 9 year old girl Maya and is pregnant due november 27th (black friday). She has worked in sales for 20 years. We could possibly have are own little special package and don't have to go shopping to get it. She is going to have a c-section and will find out soon if she can deliver that day. She and Maya's daddy have been together over 10 years. Maya spends the summer with us. We live a couple of hours from them.

We are retired and spend the winter in Texas. We leave the day after Christmas and return mid april. Were close to the gulf and love it there. I help prepare meals on saturdays and holidays. We also decorate the clubhouse for the holidays.

Maya will be going home friday. Saturday we will be leaving for a vacation with Melaine and Brian (hubby's sister and bil). We are going to Gettysburg, all over Washington DC, and  maybe Virginia Beach area. It will be nice to get away. Lots of packing to do. Hard to believe summer is over and Maya has to go home already.

Update on Gordy. He is getting so much better that he should be able to go home soon. For the new girls hubby worked for Gordy back when he was a teenager at a bakery. They basically raised him. He's been between hospitals and nursing home since December 28th last year. For many months he couldn't walk. He was depressed and given up. They sent a physicologists(ms) to see him. He was given depression medicine and told to get out of bed and start having his meals down in the dining hall. What a turn around it has been. He said he is doing pt and he can walk with a walker. He told them he wants to go home by the 15th. We will see.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Good morning ladies. It's raining here. Today is supposed to be the hottest day of the year. It was 82 when I got up at 7:30. I'm sitting on the front porch at the moment, and it's not too bad out here. There's a foolish breeze blowing,mprobably because it's raining.

I have the robot vacuum running, load number two of laundry almost done, everyday stuff done, dinner planned, and I'm working on a grocery list. I have to work tomorrow, and I want to take the weekend off!

Joanne, I think Hitchhiker would be a good gift, it's easy, and it's attractive, and I think it could be pretty adaptable, both as an accessory and as a cold weather scarf.

Marlene, you probably don't knit any slower than I do! Glad to hear that Gordy is progressing so well. Some of the private schools here have started already. My DDs sister in law is a teacher and she says her classroom is miserable. Hope it's cooler next week for Maya to go back to school. Have a fun vacation. Sounds like you will see some really interesting things. We went to Virginia Beach years ago. At that time it was just what my DH calls a "tourist trap", kind of like Niagara Falls or Gatlinburg. However, we did a day trip to Colonial Williamsburg while we were there, and really enjoyed that.

Lee Ann, that's what they say about the weather here too, "if you don't like, hang around for a few minutes, it will change!"

Well, better go attend to my laundry.....

Archived