Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Morning, peeps!

Thanks Marlene!

My brother got the ghan yesterday - I hope it gets cold enough in NC for him to use it...lol!  He loves the manly, Fall colors and was so appreciative of having something I made just for him. He may be stopping up here the end of Sept on his way to visit his son who lives outside of Boston....

Awful hot and humid day here.

Have a good one my friends

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Christi, I'm on a tablet so it might be a bit different on a computer, but hopefully it's similar enough for these instructions to help you.

At the top of this page you will see your name with a little arrow beside it. (You need to be signed in to the site). Clicking on that arrow will open a drop down menu. Click on "my profile" which will bring you to your profile page. Then click on "edit my profile" and choose "change picture" from the new page that opens up. From there you can change your profile picture.

I figured it out ???? Can't access the smilies for crochetville on my iPod though.

Linda~~I hope your feeling better! How's your GS? Antibiotics working I hope.

Judy~~glad your brother liked his afghan! I will be starting a manly one for my son soon.

Right now I am working on a baby tardis afghan for my DD. she is due oct 14.

Today I had 4 grandsons start school ???? and I work at a daycare so all my kids there start kindergarten today, I will have a new class when I go to work this afternoon! :-)

welcome, LeeAnn!

I've been on the CAL for years, but we have newcomers as well; it's great to have you here! I'm a baby boomer (aka: senior citizen :eek) and hubby and I are owned by 2 very spoiled German shepherds.

On this CAL we share what our days are like and sometimes talk about our projects. Share pictures of them, too. We have a small CAL going now - making blankets from one granny square. Kind of go on...and on...and on....till you've run out of scraps (which many of us are using) or till you get tired of it...loL!!

What do you like to make?

Hi and welcome, Lee Ann.

I'm a critical care nurse, married with three grown children, 6 grand children and a a spoiled Brittany spaniel named Sophie. I love to start new projects, but I'm very slow when it comes to finishing them.

Hi ladies!

I am pleased to meet all of you!  I know Joanne from the other CAL here on the Ville.  HI Joanne!!

Seems like our group there has almost diminished, however I love chatting and meeting new folks.

Judy-Howdy howdy!  Your German Shepard babies sound wonderful.  I have made a few of the large grannies, they are easy and whip up quickly.  I am working on a few projects, seems like I keep adding another project to my ever growing list.  :lol

Gardner-hello there!  Nursing is such a wonderful and rewarding career, I giggled when I read your post, I definitely struggle to finish all of the projects that I start.  Seems like I just can't control myself, I am surrounded by yarn..it's dangerous at times.   :manyheart

I have a small business in our rural town.  I create and sell handmade bath and beauty goodies.  I also sell yarn, crochet/knitting notions.  I love love love crocheting!  I especially like making afghans but with with the winter months approaching I have been working on scarves..lots of them.  The shelves are stocked but I can always find one more pattern to try.

I also have 2 Etsy shops, one for my product and one for the overstock of yarn.  I went wild ordering awhile back and thought why not add another Etsy shop to my life?   :yes

I am married and have two teenagers.  Our ds will be a Senior in high school and our dd will be a Freshman.  They sure keep me hopping! 

I am happy to meet all of you and can't wait to read about your crochet and life adventures.   :ghug

LeeAnn....your etsy listings are amazing! And I can see you have a yarn addiction like most of us. Though, other than for a gift I made, I haven't bought any new yarn in....I can't remember when :eek

FYI: There are times our postings here are few and far between, but don't give up on us. We have the no rules CAL going now, and I

m hoping others may have ideas to keep us interested in crocheting. Hopefully we'll actually finish some projects, too! 

I haven't worked on the baby ghan for a couple of days - been speed reading our book club pick. Meeting is tomorrow night, :2eek

'Night all.

Cristopher2k welcome

Nope Judy...never a dull moment.

For those that don't know me I live on the MI/IN border, married, 4 grown children an 12 grandchildren we are blessed and busy ????and I work part time at a day care and have a miniature pincer

Hi to everyone.  Christie, long time no see.  LeaAnn, welcome.  I am retired now but have worked as a nurse and in accounting, too.  I moved back to Iowa from Georgia last year to be closer to family.  I've been staying with my daughter and grandson this summer while supervising my grandson while he's on summer break.  My daughter is a single parent.  He met his new teacher today and school starts up officially on Monday of next week.  Then I'll be moving back to my apartment and just watching him after school

I went to the doctor yesterday, but still wasn't sick enough for them to do anything for fear of lousing up something else.  So it's still lots of taking it easy, coughing, pushing fluids, coughing, taking Tylenol, coughing, e​tc.  Did I mention coughing?  Lots and lots of that.  I don't have much voice left, needless to say and my chest hurts like mad.  I'm frustrated but what can I do.  I get to go back in if the mucous turns green, my temp goes over 102*, or I get seriously dehydrated.  Yuck!

Take care everyone.​

Morning, peeps!

Oh, Linda...what ucky symptoms to watch for! Be a good patient and take it easy as best you can. Does DGS like his teacher?

I'm off to visit my friend...and give her 14 yo son the Yankees graph ghan. I can't wait to see the look on his face!

Soupy and blech out there. Take care my friends

Good morning!

I got home yesterday ,stopped to unpack and then headed over to see dd and my grandsons. Today is a yucky, humid day as Judy mentioned and I plan to spend most of ot indoors. Must catch up on cleaning. Not my favorite thing to do on vacation it it must get done.

Hi LeeAnn ! Good to see you in our house. I'm not on the ville as much anymore, but try and pop in a couple times a week. Have yiur kiddos started back to school?

Linda. Hope all goes well with dgs this school year. Take of easy and rest up. Nothing worse than coughing all the time

Judy. Glad that your bro was happy woth the Ghan and that he'll get to stop for a short visit on his way to Boston. That 14 year old is going to be over the moon with the Yankee Ghan!!!!

Hi Christi! Hope the first day went well!!! Good to "see"you

Mary. How's Jess doing? How did Luke like his first day?

Cindy. I thought of you last night when I pulled out a long forgotten wip. I found a few mistakes. I,e row counts off so it's going to get frogged.

Time to run and out the laundry in the dryer and tackle the bathrooms before I decide to pick up the book I left home and start reading!!!!

Have a good day all !

This is my newest grandson, turned 3 months yesterday! And my latest afghan .

Linda~~yes it's been a while, we have really bad reception but I think we have a 4g system that works now. That coughing sounds awful! ????Hope it breaks up soon!

Judy~~have fun giving him the ghan today!

post-19337-0-74331100-1440075635_thumb.jpg

Hi JoAnne

Good morning. It's actually cold here. Raining off and on as well. I need to clean bathrooms today and this afternoon I have to take my mil to the dr. That will pretty much take up the afternoon. Just driving alone will take at least two hours. It's 30 minutes just to get to the nursing home.

Linda, I sure hope you feel better soon. Hope DGS likes his teacher.

Joanne, isn't iPads spell check annoying at times? I was typing out my MILs med list to take to the dr office and it corrected literally every medication into all sorts of odd phrases.

Christi, congrats on the cute new grandson. The blanket is beautiful as well.

Judy, I hope your brother gets to use the afghan, but even if it's mostly too warm, he can see the love in it at any time. I bet your friends 14 year old will be thrilled with the Yankee afghan.

Top of the morning ladies!

Thank you for the warm welcome!  

Judy-How fun to be part of a book club, what kind of books do you all like reading?  I have a Craft Night that I host here at my shop every other Thursday.  We will meet tonight, isn't it wonderful to get out and do these things?  I love it and really look forward to Craft Night.  I bet the 14 year old will love the ghan, how very kind of you to make it for him.

ChristiG-Your afghan is stunning!  What a sweet grandson, he is adorable!  I remember when my kiddos were that little seems so long ago.  What project/projects are you working on?  I used to work in an Early Childhood setting, lots of hard work but so much fun at times.  What age group do you work with? My personal favorite was preschool, ages 3-5.  I had some good times, I will never forget the little chairs that we all sat in.   :yes

Linda-I hope that your coughing is alleviated soon, that is tough on the body.  Throws everything else out of alignment.  I bet you grandson is excited to go back to school, it's so neat to see children on the first day of school.  They are so excited for the adventure to begin.  

Gardner-that is an awful lot of driving, cleaning sure is never ending but it's nice once it is done.

Joanne-nice to see you here my friend, vacation sounds wonderful.   :hug My kiddos start school next week, I think they are excited as this year will bring lots of change for each of them.  How are you beautiful grands doing?  

I came in to the shop early today as my hairstylist is in the same building.  My hair grows unusually fast, had to get it chopped off, decided to try a new style..not sure what I think about it but I guess it's too late  :lol   

Guess I better get myself to work, lots of Etsy work to be done.  Have a great day ladies!  :ghug

Judy-How fun to be part of a book club, what kind of books do you all like reading? We all take turns....lately it seems to be a lot of family dramas...not my thing. I grew up with family drama...don't need to read about it. On my turns I try and pick classics: Farenheit 451 was one. Or if we have two month too read, I'll pick an historical novel. My personal taste is very eclectic - and I don't like being bored by a book. Life is too short. Tonight's discussion will be on Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler. Boring at the beginning, but then it picked up quite a bit.  I have a Craft Night that I host here at my shop every other Thursday.  We will meet tonight, isn't it wonderful to get out and do these things?  I love it and really look forward to Craft Night. We women need to be together....it's what keeps us sane...lol! I bet the 14 year old will love the ghan, how very kind of you to make it for him.He loved it! Said thank you more than once and his face was beaming! He's my 21 yo goddaughter's brother. Youngest of 4 kids and a quiet one.

I came in to the shop early today as my hairstylist is in the same building.  My hair grows unusually fast, had to get it chopped off, decided to try a new style..not sure what I think about it but I guess it's too late  :lol   Hair grows back...I cut mine much shorter than usual last time - can't stand it on my neck when it's so humid,

Guess I better get myself to work, lots of Etsy work to be done.  Have a great day ladies!  :ghug

So, as you can see, afghan was delivered and very much appreciated and I just finished the last 15 pages of the book, so I'm ready to participate. I had two ladies offer me their copies...guess they miss me, since I haven't been reading the picks lately or even been to the meetings.

Have a good rest of the day!

PJust lost half my post.  Rats!

LeeAnn, I went and lo​oked at your Etsy stores last night.  I must say that you've certainly got a nice assortment of items and some very pretty yarns.  Your black raspberry vanilla scent sounds awfully nice.

​The new med for my GS seems to be working.  He's gone to sleep without any trouble or blow-ups both of the last two nights.  He met his new teacher yesterday and liked her.  He's in the alternative school for now, but they are hoping to get him back in the main stream school again when they find an appropriate learning plan developed.  At the moment there are just three in his class, which should help. 

GS is going to be picke​d up by his uncle this afternoon for a long weekend at his house.  He's really looking forward to it.

I feel a little bit bet​ter today.  Having GS will give DD and I a break and some R&R time.  We're both looking forward to it.  GS is a good kid, but with all his emotional caring for him is a real challenge at times.  (Christi and LeeAnn, he's just been diagnosed with high functioning autism to go along with his anxiety, depression, and ADHD.)    He's very smart, but finding a setting where he can learn has been very challenging. 

Judy, I can just imagi​ne the delight on your god-daughter's brother's face on receiving his afghan. 

I'm currently reading ​Miss Seeton Plants Suspicion​  by Hamilton Crane.  Miss Seeton is a retired art teacher who occasionally helps the police and Scotland Yard in solving crimes.  She mostly acts a catalyst.  She now and then gets twitchy fingers and draws weird pictures ​which, when properly interpreted, point out the way to solve the crime.  They are delightful British humor and a great deal of fun to read.  P​icture Miss Seeton ​is the first in the series, but they are all delightful and can be read in just about any order, although characters from the various books do show up in other books, so reading them in order is helpful that way.

Hope you all have a goo​d day.

Hi House! :)

Christi ~ It's so good to see you again!  Thank you for posting the picture of your adorable grandbaby and beautiful afghan. :c9  12 grandkids!  Do they all live fairly close to you?

Hi LeeAnn ~  :welcome  So glad that you're here!  I love your shop...I bought some of your Lego soaps for my grandson a couple of years ago and they were wonderful.  Your brick and mortar shop sounds really nice and I know you love it!

Marlene ~ Yay for a new computer!  I know everyone is relieved that your DD and the baby are okay. :hug   Is Maya getting excited about being a big sister?

Judy ~ Aww, I bet it felt good to be with your gd's brother when he saw the graph 'ghan for the first time. :yes  Have a great time at book club!

Cindy ~ I hope your MIL is doing well.  When do you go back to work? 

Joanne ~ Are you off work until Monday?  I hope so...enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Linda ~ Oh, I'm so glad you and DD will have a break for a few days.  And keeping fingers crossed that the meds continue to help dgs. :manyheart

I hope I'm not missing anyone - it's been a long week and tomorrow will be the first day at home! 

Must start dinner, but just have to tell you about Luke's first day at school yesterday. ;)  DD came

downstairs about 6:30 yesterday a.m.  Luke was sitting in the living room all dressed, wearing his

back pack and holding his new Jurassic World lunch kit.  :lol  His school doesn't start until 8:45.  He

loved everything and couldn't wait to go back this a.m.  :manyheart

Since I wrote a book on my last post, this will be short. :rolleyes

Thanks to all of you for your kind comments about Jess. ♥♥♥  (Christi and LeeAnn - he is a long time friend who is alone and just had a very risky surgery.)  He was moved from ICU to his room this a.m. and is miserable, but doing well according to the doctor.   We took his mail to him and will do the same on Saturday.  He asked if I would be his secretary for a few weeks and of course I will. Lol

Have a good evening, everyone.

Hi peeps,

Mary, you're a good friend to Jess.....

And I love your description of Luke on his first day of school!!!!

The 14 yo Yankees fanatic told his mom after I left that the ghan looks like a painting and he wants to keep it on his bed. :)

Archived