Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi, but everyone.  Nice to hear that everyone had a safe one.  Ours was nice.  The food was great.  The fireworks were loud and beautiful from the top of the ramp.  Couldn't hear most of the music that went with them, but what we could hear was very nice and patriotic.

I was on after church goodies duty on Sunday.  There were just the two of us, but it went well.  The third gal was on vacation.  This coming Sunday is a surprise potluck going away party for a young couple from the church.  He is heading off to seminary.  They have two little girls and will be missed.  I'm thinking of making a trifle, but time will tell.

We saw the nurse practitioner on Tuesday and she added a new med to what DGS is taking.  It doesn't seem to be working as a sleep aide, but it does seem be lessening his explosive mood changes and toning them down.  Whoo Hoo.  :yay   Adding back the previous sleep med seems to be working on getting him to sleep and then staying asleep.

DD and DGS leave Sunday for a week long boy scout campout.  I get to spend the week at home other than keeping the bunnies and kitties fed and watered.  I want to relax and sleep in my own bed and hopefully get a rather long list of tasks done (getting a lot of unpacking done and clean-up.)

I've gotten the title of best maker of macaroni and cheese (with tuna fish) now.  I think a lot of it comes from my adding  some extra butter and chicken bouillon to it.  It's still fun.

Marlene, Happy Belated Anniversary to you and hubby.   :yay   It will be fun to finally find out what DD is expecting and start on making color coordinating things for the new little one.

Cindy, keeping up with kids is really challenging now.  It's definitely for the next younger generation anymore.

Poor puppies.  Fireworks are so hard on so many of them.  Thank goodness Sweet Pea doesn't react adversely to them.  They had been going off in the neighborhood for about a week prior to the 4th, but seem to have been gotten out of the way since.  For that I'm very glad.

Hope you all have a good weekend.  :ghug 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

We are getting a grandson. Maya and I were hoping for a girl, but we'll take the little guy. The fun begins picking things out for a boy. And planning a baby shower. Now I wish we didn't have to wait 4 months.

Cindy, It sounds like a fun time with DGS. Sorry to hear about your brother and sil. One of my brothers is going through the same thing after 25 years.

Mary, I hope you get some crocheting time in with the boys with you this week.

Linda, Enjoy your off week next week. Hope DD and DGS have a good and fun week at scout camp next week.

Joanne, I hope you have a good weekend.

'Morning, all. :)

Marlene ~ Yay!  Now you can plan for the little guy. :c9   I hope DD is feeling good ~ when is her due date?

Cindy ~ I really love your "spend the day together" idea for each grandchild.  They will always look back with special memories!  I hope work isn't too busy this weekend.

Judy ~ Oh, so sorry about your brother and sil.  I'll bet he will be surprised and pleased with the afghan. :yes   How are the children? :)

Linda ~ I know you'll enjoy some time for yourself next week. ♥  Such good news about dgs - it sounds like he's doing so much better.  And I will be thinking about mac and cheese now...always a favorite!

Hi to the rest of our house, too!

I'm making a list of what needs to get done around here.  Hopefully, at lease ½ the list will get done! :lol  

Good morning. I'm on call for work. That worked out well, since I only got three or four hours of sleep. I always get up and get ready when I'm on call, so here I am, practically ready to go.....

Judy, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother and sister in law. I guess you can't count on the stability of even a 30 year relationship. I'm sure your brother would love a long distance hug.

Marlene, congrats on the upcoming grandson. 4 months isn't all that long to wait.

Linda, hope dgs continues to improve. Enjoy your quiet week. Hope you get lots accomplished.

Mary, have fun with the boys this week.

Well...off to get some coffee. Have a great day, ladies.

hi, peeps.

Cindy, did you get called in? If I was waiting for a call I'd be up, too...

Linda, that's such good news about DGS and the meds. Enjoy your mini vacation while their away. My goddaughters mom has her youngest and the hubby going to boy scout camp this week too - she's already planned her days...and none of them include cooking or cleaning...lol!

Marlene, there are so many cute things you can make for a baby boy!!

Mary, My brother's three kids are all young adults - one lives in New England, the others close by, and they seem to be OK about it. He seems to have a very good relationship with them, fortunately. I'll make the ghan till I run out of yarn. He's 6'8", so I hope it's big enough to cover him more than halfway... ;)

A very hot day today and the humidity is coming back tomorrow. Summer in NJ.... :P

Judy, no, I didn't get called in. We went out to Lake Michigan late afternoon and had dinner on the beach and walked the boardwalk in Grand Haven. There were hundreds of people (I love people watching!), and dogs out on the boardwalk and also hundreds of boats in the channel. It's was really hot and humid here but cool and breezy out by the lake.

Work tomorrow......

Hi House. :)

Cindy ~ Your Saturday sure sounds nice.  We are totally landlocked...it would be great to have somewhere to go so close to home!

Judy ~ How big do you think the afghan (for your brother) will be?  Have you started the CALs?  Yep, summertime got here, too. We're supposed to be at 100* or more all week!

Linda ~ I hope you're enjoying being back at your house and having some "you" time. :yes

Marlene ~ Have you started a baby afghan yet? ;)

Gracie has to be at the vet at 8:30 for a check up and then grooming.  I don't think her leg will ever be totally normal, but she's doing well.  Then there are errands and crochet time later.

Have a good morning, everyone. :manyheart

Mary, Sparkie has had a gimpy rear leg since he was about a year older. We never did anything about it since he manages fine. He walks awkwardly but runs like a deer... and still climbs the stairs.

The ghan for my brother....I started with about a chain of 220, and the width...well, I'm trying for VERY wide. Will use my queen bed as a gauge.

My hands couldn't do this month's CAL. It's a flower design hex...

Ill see how next month's CAL goes....I certainly have enough WIPS to finish if that doesn't work for me either....

Have a good day, Mary, and all other my friends

Hi Ladies,

It's been busy with fun things to do and then unexpected trip to er with Maya and hubby had his last pain clinic treatment today. Hubby called me at Maya's saturday and told me he ran into my niece and her family they were headed to the race track not far from here. He kind of wanted to go. My niece's husband races. I like going to the track and asked him to wait for us to get home so he did. We were only there for the last two hours and Mark was all done he got disqualified. He moved his car before he got the green light. We caught up with them and visited then went and watched the rest of the races. I got the date that he'll be there again, which won't be until september but it's on my calendar.

Yesterday was my family reunion. We had 35 people in attendance. Twenty nine of them were from my family. Two new people came who hadn't been in many years. Hopefully she comes again and brings her sisters. After the reunion my family came out to are house. On the way home Maya got a blood nose for no reason. I gave her some napkins and pulled the car over. I took a wet dishcloth and we didn't use it so I gave it to her. By the time we got here less than 2 miles it was full of blood and running down her hand. I ran in the house and got her two more rags, one to wash her up with but she ended up needing it to. I called her mom on the way home to let her know and how bad it was bleeding. We had her pinching her nose and laying back in the seat. Forty minutes had passed and rags full of blood plus napkins and paper towels. I called her mom again and said I see no stopping this thing and I'm taking her to er. She gets headaches and I was worried the two are connected and we had no idea. Right away a nurse came in the waiting room with a dry cloth and told Maya pinch her nose and hold her head down forward. I have never heard of doing that. I was always told or told anyone I was around with a bloody nose to tip your head back. Leaning forward will make it clot. They weren't concerned with her headaches. The doctor said there is a vessel in there that may need some attention if she gets lots of bloody noses which she don't. She's been okay since.I've never seen someones nose bleed like hers did. It was kind of scary. I'll know how to handle differently if I'm around someone else or it ever happens to her again.

Mary, I haven't picked anything out yet or started anything yet. I did talk about colors with DD. She is feeling really good. She's past the morning sickness. She craves fruits and veggies so she is eating healthy. Maya's daddy is from San Diego so he likes there colors. Navy, light blue, yellow and white. For Payton I made him a light blue baby blanket and sweater (can't remember if there was a hat or not). I kind of would like to make the same for this little guy. Then take those colors and make him a blanket for his car seat.

Judy, Glad things are good with your brother and his kids. Divorce is so hard for the kids even if they are older.

Linda, Is your bed calling you? Hope you get lots of R&R this week. Hope DD and DGS  are having a good time at camp.

Cindy, I heard temps could get up to near 90 this week. We will be putting the air conditioner in this week. I've enjoyed are cooler summer. Your trip to the beach and dinner sounds like a really nice time.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Good morning. It's raining a bit here and it rained some yesterday as well. We need some rain, it's pretty dry here. It's been pretty hot and humid as well, we've had our A/C on since the beginning of the weekend.

Marlene, DS used to get awful nosebleeds too, often at night. Some mornings it looked like someone has been massacred in his room. The dr said quite a few kids have bad nosebleeds and most kids grow out of them. Hope that's true for Maya.

Nothing much to report here. Housework is never ending, plus there's the lawn and gardens to keep up with. I have to work the next two days. On Saturday we have to go to a wedding in Toronto, so we will be going up there on Friday, and coming home Sunday. I work Monday and Tuesday and then I have ten days off. We will be going camping over by Lake Huron during those days off. We brought the camper out of its parking place and parked it in the driveway yesterday. I will clean it some time today.

Our son spent the last three weeks in Europe. He came home Sunday. Tonight our family is going out for Chinese to welcome him home.

Have a great day, ladies.

Morning peeps,

Marlene, I used to think the same thing about nosebleeds until some years ago - we just did what our mom's taught us...it is scary.

Cindy, enjoy your family dinner. Three weeks in Europe....fantastic! I'm sure he had a great time.

Hi to everyone else!

Oh - progress report on graph ghan: row 74/110. And I think I;m about at the halfway point on the V st ghan. Last night I was looking at the remainder of my warm stash colors and I think it's going to be just about right. The length is taller than me (I'm 5'4") which is great.

I'm really enjoying being at the apartment this week.  I've slept late every day and really relaxed.  My blood sugar is the lowest it's been in quite a while and I think at least some of that is stress related.  I unpacked one of the new bookshelves and verified that parts are all there.  Then read the directions through.  I'll tackle the actual putting together probably tomorrow.  But first I'm going out to lunch and then shopping with a friend.  I'll be driving since her garage door went on the fritz today and wouldn't open.

Sweet Pea is loving being back here where she is the undisputed queen.  I'm feeding the cats and bunnies each day, but other than that I've been just going with the flow.

Hope you have a wonderful time next week, Cindy.

I'd be a bit freaked out by the amount the Maya's nose bled, too, Marlene.  Glad you now know what to do if it happens again.  Blues are such good colors to use for little boys.  I'm sure you'll come up with something super special.

Good Morning, ladies. :)

Marlene ~ I'm so glad Maya is okay.  I had nosebleeds several times in grade school and then they just stopped.  Your reunion sounds like it was really nice!

Cindy ~ Your schedule is a busy one!  How long does it take you to drive to Toronto?  I know you're looking forward to the 10 days off!

Judy ~ Getting close on the graph 'ghan!   And the size of your brother's 'ghan sounds perfect!

Linda ~ You even "sound" more relaxed in your post. ;)   Enjoy your lunch and shopping trip today!

We're picking up the boys this a.m. and they'll be here until Saturday.  I'm already tired. :lol

Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

morning peeps...got some computer time finally...don't like posting on other devices.

It's summer here...T/storms and soupy air. That's NJ!

I'm really enjoying being at the apartment this week.  I've slept late every day and really relaxed.  My blood sugar is the lowest it's been in quite a while and I think at least some of that is stress related.I think I heard that stress does that. So glad you're sleeping well.  I unpacked one of the new bookshelves and verified that parts are all there.  Then read the directions through.  I'll tackle the actual putting together probably tomorrow.  But first I'm going out to lunch and then shopping with a friend.I also vote for fun over work any day. Enjoy!  I'll be driving since her garage door went on the fritz today and wouldn't open.

Sweet Pea is loving being back here where she is the undisputed queen.  I'm feeding the cats and bunnies each day, but other than that I've been just going with the flow.Perfect.

Hope you have a wonderful time next week, Cindy.

I'd be a bit freaked out by the amount the Maya's nose bled, too, Marlene.  Glad you now know what to do if it happens again.  Blues are such good colors to use for little boys.  I'm sure you'll come up with something super special.

Good Morning, ladies. :)

Marlene ~ I'm so glad Maya is okay.  I had nosebleeds several times in grade school and then they just stopped.  Your reunion sounds like it was really nice!

Cindy ~ Your schedule is a busy one!  How long does it take you to drive to Toronto?  I know you're looking forward to the 10 days off!

Judy ~ Getting close on the graph 'ghan!   And the size of your brother's 'ghan sounds perfect!

Linda ~ You even "sound" more relaxed in your post. ;)   Enjoy your lunch and shopping trip today!

We're picking up the boys this a.m. and they'll be here until Saturday.  I'm already tired. :lol

Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Mary, take your vitamins!! Enjoy your time with them. They grow up way too fast.

Well, I have to cool down some more before I shower (I "defurred" the stairs), so I'll retire to my sitting room - and shut the door :D

Have a great day my friends.

Good Morning!

Cindy ~ Have a safe trip to Canada.

Judy ~ You're right...can't ever have too many vitamins. :lol

Linda ~ I hope you're having a wonderful week!  Are you doing any spinning or other crafts?

Hi to Marlene and the rest of our house. ♥♥♥

We've been very busy.  Today is lunch at Chick Fil A and more slip - n - sliding.  I have to go to DD's and check on Lucky - their neighbor called and had to go out of town yesterday.  I'm leaving the boys with DH...I'm afraid they'll want to bring another car load of toys back here if I take them. ;)

'Hope everyone is okay and having a good day!

Good afternoon.  My friend was sick the day we planned on going out, so we postponed it a day and went on Thursday instead.  We went to a pawn shop and she bought about $80 and got three gifts for family members and something for herself as well.  I looked at the computers they had on sale, but didn't buy anything at the time.  DD and DGS came home early from the camp out. Got home about 9:00 pm on Wednesday and both crashed.  After dropping my friend off at her house, I went over to DD's house.  GS let out a whoop and was dancing up and down at the head of the stairs when I got there.  He gave me a HUGE hug before I even made it all the way up.  They went with me back the the pawn shop.  DD nixed the tower unit I was looking at, but did like the laptop that I had been looking at.  It was marked at $230 but the guy I first talked to quoted me $175 plus tax so that was what I ended up paying.  I've got Windows XP at home and the lap top is Windows 8.  A lot of stuff is different!  At least there is a tutorial which should help.  My old computer won't run Minecraft which was a huge disappointment and the motivator for the new purchase.  DD's got her name on the list at work to get one of their old desktops when one is fazed out.  With any luck the old one will hold on until one comes up.  It runs most of the stuff okay, but it is slow and old.

I remember the days when the kids couldn't leave the house without a carload of toys, Mary.  You were wise to leave them at your house with DH when you went back over there.

Hi to everyone else in the House.  I'll be going back to their house tomorrow.  I've got a few ideas that will maybe lower the stress a little.  Plus the new medicine is helping, which should help, too.

Good morning.

It's going to be a HOT one today so plan is to spend it inside in the ac Will make a quick run to the store early Spent all day yesterday with dd and the boys since sil had work. She is not yet cleared to lift anything more than 5 lbs They got the box with belles ashes and right now they are keeping it on the fireplace mantle. It's got her name engraved on it and is very nice. It's so weird going over and not being greeted at the door by her. Miss her

I've caught up on the posts and being on the iPad is too annoying to individually post responses. So suffice to say, I wish you all a good day!

Hi House. :hi

Linda ~ Yay for getting such a great deal on the computer!  I'm so glad things are going better for dgs.  Will you move back "home" this summer?

Joanne ~ It's so good to spend time with family. :yes   Are you knitting, crocheting...or both? ;)

I will admit that I thoroughly enjoyed a quiet house today. :lol   They are so cute, but pretty much go non-stop.  Thankfully, they loved playing in the pool, sprinkers, etc...we're in the low 100s so too hot for them to be outside otherwise. 

I've fininshed one baby 'ghan that I started early last week and will start the other tomorrow.  I need to mail that one by next Monday at the latest.

I hope everyone is okay. :manyheart   Have a good evening!

Hi Ladies!

Mary, Maya would always bring more back with us after a visit to here house. I'm sure you had a good time with the boys. But quiet time is nice.

Linda, Sounds like a good deal on the new computer. It's nice to be missed. Hope you and DGS have a good week this week.

Cindy, One of the ladies from Texas went to Europe this summer to visit with her granddaughter. She shared pictures of it with us through are Facebook page. It looked like a great time minus the rainy weather which was almost the whole time she was there. I bet DS had a great time. Have a nice time camping. My uncle was in the Air Force and stationed at Oscoda. They were only two blocks from the ausable river and not far from Lake Huron. I spent a couple of weeks with them in the summer time. It was always a fun time.

Judy, your moving right along on your afghans. I thought about you and Joanne this morning when I read the article on John Smoltz being inducted into the baseball hall of fame. I new his name so I was surprised to find out he was from Michigan and went to school with one of my schools rivalries. It was a great article on him.

Joanne, It's been hot here to. We put the air in yesterday and used it.

My DS turned the big 40 yesterday. Hard to believe it's been that long since he was the little baby in my life.

One of my cousins lost his daughter yesterday. The doctors just recently figured out it was her liver causing her problems. I don't understand that when blood test answer so many questions. She was put on the donor list but there wasn't enough time for her. He lost his wife three years ago this month. He lives with his other daughter down south. This is my third family member on one side of the family in less than six months. I hope this is the end.

I have to use my I-pad for awhile. My cord broke to my laptop so there's no charging it. I ordered a new one from Amazon. It should be here this week. I hope so, I like using my laptop better. Although the I-pad is faster.

We came home to a flooded house last Wednesday (half a house). Hubby wanted to change out a faucet on the kitchen sink. He did turn off the water to both faucets but he did not unplug the the pump. I didn't question him just figured he would unplug it. I know now to question him or be sure he did do it. We were gone for two hours. We had to get a different faucet. The one one he bought only had 2 water lines and we needed 3 as we have a sprayer. We went to the town where Gordy is in the nursing home at so I said lets go visit him for an hour so we did. After coming home to that we had to go to Walmart and buy a new wet vac to suck the water up. DD has are's at her house and we needed another fan. The vinyl floor in the kitchen is wavy. We had to rip up a small carpet in the tiny hallway by my bedroom and bathroom. It could of been so much worse. Now I need to decide what to put down in the bathroom and hallway.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Marlene ~ Sending hugs and prayers to your cousin and the rest of your family. :hug And I am so sorry about your house flooding!   I hope it's all fixable and that you're back to normal soon. :hug

Judy ~ How are the afghans coming along?  I'll be glad to be through with this second baby 'ghan and work on a couple of smaller projects for a change. ;)

Hi to the rest of our house! :manyheart

It never got out of the 80's overnight, so it's already miserable out.  Staying inside today!

hi, my friends...

I'm working on the deep border for the graph ghan now and the v stitch ghan for my brother is better than half finished. It's going to be big - befitting a very tall and solid man.

Some sad news about my brother's dog...he had to be put to sleep yesterday. It's so heartbreaking. He was a lovable giant schnauzer and though I never met him I've seen videos and pictures over the years so feel like I knew the big lug...it was My brother's first dog and he was living with him at his new apartment. They were so attached... :cry

Hi ladies. We ended up having a really busy weekend. We spent Friday evening with my brother and sister in law. We ended up going to bed around 1:30 AM. I was awake by 5 AM because it was so hot. Their house is huge and their A/C just couldn't keep up with the 95 degree temp plus the 95% humidity. Same thing at the wedding. The reception was at a yacht club on Lake Ontario and people had the outside doors open going in and out. It was miserably hot. Traffic was horrendous on the way home Sunday. It took about 2 1/2 hours longer to get home than our GPS said it would. I worked today. It was the easiest day I've had since Thursday!

Marlene, sorry to hear of your cousins loss. And Judy, my heart goes out to your brother. He's endured some big losses recently. My sister has a giant schnauzer, and it is a really sweet dog.

Mary, hope you are rested up! It's been miserable weather wise, here too, but a cold front is supposed to come through tonight.

Joanne, if you practice, you will get used to posting on the iPad. I use mine more than my computer.

Linda, that's so sweet of DGS, to greet you so enthusiastically.

Well, better get back to my chores, I have to work again tomorrow.

I've lost my comments twice now, so will just say hi for now.  This computer is driving me nuts on occasion and this is one of them.

Stay safe in the fierce summer heat.

Lots of losses in here lately.  My heart goes out to each of you.

Hope you all have a good week.  :ghug

Cindy, we've had fans going downstairs with the AC on for days now, so I can only imagine how awful it was to have to be dressed up and be subjected to such weather! Last night and today, DH has been feeling ill - congestion, sinuses, all that, so the AC had to be raised even higher than usual. Basically, it has barely been on since last night - I recently checked the temp in the house.

It's nearly 80 in here!!!!!!!!!!!!

He went out to pick up neighbors from the airport less than 20 minutes ago - and, yes, I did offer to go in his place. But he had no sooner started walking down the driveway than I ran and lowered the thermostat. The heat and humidity make me ill. Plus, even with a fan on it's hard to crochet. The lights are too darn hot!

He'll just have to start wearing sweats in the house if it's too cold for him.

Archived