Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good evening.  Instituted a new plan for DGS and I for the summer.  We will being doing some cleaning and straightening around the house on a regular basis, getting a little done at a time, and then keeping it up instead of letting it go until everything needs it desperately.  We will do the dishes a bit at a time by putting dirty ones directly in the dishwasher after an initial cleaning in the sink.  Should help keep us from running out unknowingly as well as cut down on the fruit flies and such in the house.  Much to his objection the same a-little-bit-at-a-time cleaning and straightening in his bedroom is planned.  There is sort-of a path in there, but mostly just in his mind.  It's a disaster.

Glad that your family was okay in the tornado, Cindy.  Hope you don't have to deal with any, Judy and Joanne.

Hope you all have a good day.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi House!  I hope everyone in the path of the storms is okay.  It's just been an emotional few days for me...all is good with the kids at the beach and that makes me happy.  I will post more soon!

Good morning. Got my "must-do" list out of the way, now debating about starting on the "ought to do" list. Last night Dh and I scrubbed down half the front of our house, and it sure looks a lot better. I also hosed down some of the lawn furniture. It's amazing how dirty it gets. Anyhow, how we will have to keep going, clean and dirty areas are quite the contrast!

Mary, sending extra special good thoughts to you. Hope everything is ok with you.

Linda, good luck with your summer plan. Dgs will learn that keeping up is actually less work than letting the mess pile up for weeks before cleaning it up.

'Morning, House.  I've read back through posts and I hope you all are okay after the scary storms! 

We've had a funeral and have taken our dear friend Jess to two oncology appointments this week and it's been a rough one, emotionally.  On top of that, my brother was arrested for another DUI.  Sue and I aren't bailing him out this time...we're not sure if he's home or not.  All that and it's only Thursday! ;)   I'm checking on Lucky, DD's cat, every other day so will go over there early today.

More later - I need to start laundry and have some tea.  Hopefully, I can work in some crochet time this afternoon!

Hi, peeps.

We lucked out with the storms - but south Jersey got slammed with everything! Fortunately, they seem to be getting power back.

Cindy, how did the sewing experiment work? You really are talented!

Linda, it sounds like you have things organized. Have you been back to your apartment...or are you splitting your time between both places?

Mary....it does seem to pile up all at once, doesn't it? Sending you lots of hugs, my friend. 

Off I go - our friends are popping over today - and I think a visit to the Mall is in order. :devil

Hi all.  We had some heavy rain yesterday afternoon and even more in the evening with lots of thunder lightening.  Lots more rain in the forecast for today and tomorrow too.  The weekend is supposed to nicer.

'Morning, House.  I've read back through posts and I hope you all are okay after the scary storms! 

We've had a funeral and have taken our dear friend Jess to two oncology appointments this week and it's been a rough one, emotionally.  On top of that, my brother was arrested for another DUI.  Sue and I aren't bailing him out this time...we're not sure if he's home or not.  All that and it's only Thursday! ;)   I'm checking on Lucky, DD's cat, every other day so will go over there early today.

More later - I need to start laundry and have some tea.  Hopefully, I can work in some crochet time this afternoon!

Oh, Mary, you've really had a rough week this week.  Hope things smooth out for you.  Good for you and Sue not bailing out brother.

Glad you missed out on the worst of the storms, Judy.

More work on the kitchen is on the plan for today.

Catch you later.

Good Morning.  Thanks to all of you for the hugs...they really do help. :manyheart   Today is going to be a quiet day at home...fingers crossed.

Linda ~ You sound so organized!  I never seem to "get it all done" anymore, but I guess that goes with getting older. ;)   Have you had time to do any crafting?

Judy ~ Did you all go to the mall?  I actually went to one on my way home from DD's yesterday.  I didn't buy a thing, but it was nice just to walk around and look at things...I sure don't like a lot of the clothes I saw!

Cindy ~ Yay for getting so much done outside!  We are now officially HOT and I'll be inside a lot more.

Marlene ~ How did Miss Maya do as the librarian?  Have you all been out on the boat?

Joanne ~ I hope your DD is feeling okay. :hug  

Luke and Zach are loving the coast...Luke has called me twice and goes on and on about riding the waves. :lol   Where they are, the gulf is usually pretty calm and he has one of those small surf board things.  Zach is becoming a champion sand castle maker. :)

Better get busy.  Have a great Friday, everyone.

hi, peeps.

Mary, yup, we went to the Mall. Chico's is there :devil , and of course I hit the Bath and Body Works :tup My friend wasn't kidding when she said she got a haircut! It's super short and I love it. I think mine can go shorter too. :)

Was just working on a fiddly part of the graph ghan, but forgot to get a row count. Will likely be at it again tomorrow.

Off to start simmering some red clam sauce for dinner.

Later, gators!

Judy: Yum on the red clam sauce. One of my favorites.

We like it a lot - not heavy, but totally full of garlic and tender clams (canned...I'm not one to fool with live ones. Besides, if something moves in front of me, I'm not eating it! Not sure what clams do, though...lol)

Hi ladies. I ended up going to Frederick Meijer Gardens today, (http://www.meijergardens.org), to get a look at the new Japanese garden, and see the Japanese art show. The art was mostly porcelain pieces and antique kimonos along with a few hand painted antique screens. Very elegant and understated. The gardens were beautiful, but they will look better when the plantings are more mature. We must have walked at least two miles. The garden is 7 or 8 acres.

Then tonight we went out to dinner and walked about a mile along the river. At least I worked off part of my dinner.

No time for housework.....

Good morning peeps.

Hi ladies. I ended up going to Frederick Meijer Gardens today, (http://www.meijergardens.org), to get a look at the new Japanese garden, and see the Japanese art show. The art was mostly porcelain pieces and antique kimonos along with a few hand painted antique screens. Very elegant and understated. The gardens were beautiful, but they will look better when the plantings are more mature. We must have walked at least two miles. The garden is 7 or 8 acres.

Then tonight we went out to dinner and walked about a mile along the river. At least I worked off part of my dinner.

No time for housework.....

that looks beautiful!! I can only imagine how great it looks in person! I love the sand art...and the way they make their water features...well, you used the perfect word: understated. And beautiful. What a great way to spend the day.

Good morning it's chilly and cloudy here today. I don't think there is rain in the forecast though.

We are going to a barbecue at a friends home this evening. It's her annual 50's gathering, meaning that one member of each invited couple is in their 50s. She says that next year she's going to change it to 50's/60's, since we are all getting close to the end of our 50s! It's always a lot of fun. We are bringing a fruit salad, (my idea), and a couple of bottles of wine. (Dh's idea.)

Tomorrow I have to work, (mandatory extra weekend shift) :( We were just informed on Thursday that they would be continuing to require mandatory extra hours, including extra weekend shifts into the fall. You can imagine how that is affecting morale, particularly in the summer vacation season.

Well, I guess I'd better start washing fruit, so it has some time to drip dry begore I throw it into a bowl.

Judy, I think my favorite part of the Japanese gardens was a bonsai exhibit. I wished they had some information on the age of those trees though. Some of them looked really old.

Have a good weekend ladies.

Hello my friends.  DGS woke me up at 11:00 this morning.  He had my permission.  He went to sleep reading and DD is still asleep.  I've got the dishwasher going.  I think I'm going to do some more kitchen cleaning in areas that are out of reach for DGS.  We may go to a fiber dealer's shop in the afternoon.  She has some mini Turkish drop spindles that are in my price range for trying them out.  I'm thinking that they might be easier to manually spin with than the bigger ones.

Cindy, the pictures of the Meijer Gardens are lovely.  I can see why you liked it.  Too bad about the mandatory weekend hours.  I can see why the employees are bummed over them.

I've been crocheting at least one row most days on the shawl in green and silver.  It's getting there, slowly but surely. 

I haven't tried red clam sauce, but it sounds good.

Mary, more hugs and prayers coming your way.  :hug  :hug  

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.    :manyheart 

Hi everyone. :)

Hi Jill! 

Judy ~ We absolutely love linguini and clam sauce...red or white is fine with me! :yes   Well, you said you went to Chico's...did your buy anything? :lol  Half my wardrobe used to be from Chico's when I was working and we went out more. :)

Cindy ~ Your Meijer gardens are beautiful.  Our Fort Worth Botanical Gardens have a Japanese garden and it's always been my favorite part of the whole place.  Speaking of gardens...how are the zucchini doing?

Linda ~ Thank you for the hugs. :manyheart   My brother is not communicating, but one of the neighbors told Sue that he's home.  I guess I'm still learning how to cope with life!  I do really well until too many things happen at the same time. ;)   Yay for the progress on the shawl!

I drove to DD's and checked on Lucky Cat and then on to Kroger's for groceries.  Started stocking up on Luke and Zach supplies since they will be here for 4-5 days in a couple of weeks. 

I hope you all are having a good weekend! :ghug

Good morning--

Rainy soggy day here again---we got a ton of rain---and it's still raining- very depressing to me since it's on my days off---but there's nothing that can be done about Mother Nature.....

I brought DD and GS over yesterday- she was itching for a change of scenery- DH and I had picked up Mary Poppins since the GS enjoyed "let's go fly a kite" that I showed them on you tube on vacation before we went out flying a kite... They really enjoyed it---  I always loved Mary  Poppins......and it was so funny when Robbie started singing supercalifragilisticexpealidocious!!!

SIL stayed behind to finish up the floor in their finished basement and then came over for dinner----we had a nice time---DD is still feeling a little nauseus and it's because her sodium is a little low- Do you know how hard it is to find 'high sodium' foods?  Guess what she had for dinner? Cup of Noodles- 1200 mg of sodium in one of those!  She goes back to the MD tomorrow-  Other than that she is feeling good.

Mary- sorry to hear about your brother--it's so hard --but I applaud you and your sis for not bailing him out. Have fun with the boys next week- and glad to hear that your DD and family were able to make it to the coast

Linda- sounds like you have a good plan for DGS--hope that he continues to improve----did you get the new spindle?

Cindy- Those gardens are beautiful! Hope you had a nice time at the bar-b-queu!

Judy- Can;t wait to see the finished Yankee ghan!  I give you lots of credit for working on graph ghans. 

I pulled out an old mystery ghan that I had started and have been working on squares--I will probably not do the whole thing but will make it lap ghan size.  I pick it up every now and then.....I'm about 32 rows shy of finishing the knit blanket for DD!! Today may be a good day to work on that!

I hear DH stirring- so it's time to make breakfast--Have a lovely Sunday!

Hi ladies. :)  

Joanne ~ Oh, I hope it doesn't take too long for DD to get things regulated. :hug    I love Mary Poppins, too!  What a great idea to have the DVD on hand! 

I worked outside from about 6:30 until 10 this morning.  It was actually pleasant for a change...unlike the upper 90's coming our way this week.  We're having a lawn service come while DH's back is healing and it's almost as good a job as he does. ;)

62 hexagons completed! 

Have a good evening, all. :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Mary, I'm sure it was a tough decision to make about not bailing your brother out, but it may help him realize he has a problem. Hugs! Maya had fun being a librarian. She checked books in and out and restocked the shelves.

Joanne, Hope DD is back to herself real soon. The boys will like Mary Poppins.

Linda, Hope DGS adjusts well to your new plans. Did you get a new spindle?

Judy, I've never had clam sauce and doubt that I ever would eat it. I'm not a seafood person.

Cindy, The Japanese exhibit looks real interesting. The bbq sounds like a fun time.

Today Maya and I went to watch Jocelyn's gymnastic event. There must of been a hundred kids. Her group was out twice. It was a nice show, but two hours on bleachers is a long time. We set with DS. The ex was there with Madelynne and James. James came up and gave me a hug and said he always likes seeing me. And said I'm not like mom and his sister. I thanked him.

Saturday hubby's nephew got married. It was a nice small wedding. Afterwards we went over to hubby's sister Teresa's place and visited with her and her ex's brother and sister in law from Tennessee. It was nice catching up with them and seeing her ex.

Hubby had another pain clinic appt friday. They gave him his third injection. They are really helping him.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Hi, everyone. Just a quick check in on my Kindle. I read everyone's posts...good to see them!

I'm at row 54/110 of the graph ghan and started another WIP. I'm using black and browns as I start putting a dent in my stash of neutrals by making a manly ghan. It's mostly the V stitch. Here it is...though the colors don't look great.post-8552-0-65199200-1435602653_thumb.jpg

Hi, all.  It's a windy day out today.  It's crazy.  When I was living down south the mosquitoes left me completely alone.  Went out last night with DD and the mosquitoes were eating me alive.  Weird! 

The trip to the fiber shop was a bust.  The owner was at another show and had the little spindles with her.  I was tempted by one of the yarns there, but decided it was just too expensive for the amount of yarn in the balls.  DGS did get to see the bunny that the owner had bought from DD.  It looked very happy in its new home.

They tried DGS out on a new med.  It was a disaster!  Yesterday went further and further down the tubes the longer the day went on. 

Call went in to the doctor today early on.

Wishing you all a good day and evening.  :ghug 

Linda, I can't imagine the frustration you and DD must be feeling over DGS's meds! The doctors really need to get their act together!! I'm so sorry....

Mary...Chico's is my favorite place to get casual pants. Picked up a pair of jeans. They wear like iron, and spandex is my friend...lol!

Good Tuesday morning! 

Marlene ~ Your weekend sounds really busy, but fun. :yes   Such good news that the injections are helping your DH!  Who knows...Maya may be a librarian when she grow up. :)

Linda ~ It must be so hard to get meds regulated for someone his age. :(  It's hard enough just growing up!  Sending hugs and prayers to all of you. :hug  

Judy ~ I love your new afghan and the v-stitch is one of my favorites. :)   Two afghans going at once should keep you out of trouble. :lol

Hi to all at Our House. :manyheart

We ran errands yesterday and are staying home today.  Maybe some crochet time will happen later. :)

I got a call from the apartment complex this morning.  It's time to sign a new lease for another year.  So far, I've spent more time at DD's house than at my own apartment, but that should change when school starts up again in the fall. 

Yesterday was better than the weekend.  He got put back on the meds from before until his own doctor can decide what to try this time.  Sigh!  Thanks for the prayers.

The V-stitch really does make up into a pretty shawl or afghan.  I love it for a quick shawl using ww yarn and a large hook.

Hope you all have a good day.

Good Tuesday morning!

Marlene ~ Your weekend sounds really busy, but fun. :yes Such good news that the injections are helping your DH! Who knows...Maya may be a librarian when she grow up. :)

Linda ~ It must be so hard to get meds regulated for someone his age. :( It's hard enough just growing up! Sending hugs and prayers to all of you. :hug

Judy ~ I love your new afghan and the v-stitch is one of my favorites. :) Two afghans going at once should keep you out of trouble. :lol.

Hi to all at Our House. :manyheart

We ran errands yesterday and are staying home today. Maybe some crochet time will happen later. :)

Two MIGHT keep me out of trouble...lol! In July I'm working on a mystery ghan CAL...then in August I'm starting a different one. Should put a great dent in stash since I'm not buying any new yarn for them.

Linda, good news that DGS seems better now....

Hi ladies. I'm exhausted.... Dh and I went to Shipshewana today. We went to the giant flea market there, visited the General Store, the Local Department store, an Amish bulk food store and quite a number of cute little shops. It wasn't too bad this morning, but it had rained there and when it warmed up, the humidity was awful. I think that's why I'm so tired. That and lots of walking. I found market baskets exactly like the ones from "31" at the flea market for $8. Oldest did was talking about buying one but didn't think they were worth the 31 price. They also had a 31 booth there and I didn't see much difference in the totes, except that there was a larger selection of fabrics and a 31 tag on the name brand ones.

Judy, I have more wimps than I can count, plus I haven't finished the Sophie's Universe CAL and am giving serious thought to joining another CAL. I need an intervention!

Linda, hope they can get dgs's meds figured out.

Mary, I'm sorry your brother is cause for concern. Unfortunately, he needs to want to change, no one can make him.

Archived