Our House Part Two

JulieKay

'Morning, all. :)

Linda ~ Oh, your weekend sounds perfect!  I can't wait to see pictures of your woven project!

It's cloudy here...with rain predicted for the next 3 days.  Some areas are still cleaning up from the flooding in May/early June, so I hope they don't get too much!

DD just called and Zach has a fever this a.m. :(   She was worried about us catching something, but that hasn't happened yet and I'm not worried about us!  They are flying to S. Padre Island on Saturday for 10 days, so they all need to be well! :xfin

Chores this morning and crochet time this afternoon!  Have a good Monday. :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, ladies!

Linda I'm so glad you and DD had such a nice time at the festival. You needed a fun outing.

Mary, I hope Zach is ok for their trip. Two little boys have to be exhausting. I raised only one, was a lot younger, and it still wiped me out! Too bad you can't bottle that energy!

About the graph ghan: I want to make a decent size border for it, so the graph, for me, will be the easy part.

We've had tons of tropical style storms today...our grass won't need watering for at least a week.

Hi ladies. It's been a busy few days around here. Work is super busy again, plus this weekend was dh's family reunion. Mai's sister and bil and one if their sons spent the weekend with us. I have to work tomorrow, then mil has a three hour dr apt on Wednesday that I have to take her to, then I have a dr appointment on Thursday. I don't think I'm going to get a lot done around here this week. It's been really hot and humid, which makes me feel really lazy, even with the A/C running.

DDs is going to Europe for three weeks with a bunch of his friends. They are leaving Thursday after work. He will be gone for his birthday, so tomorrow evening we are getting together to celebrate it.

Linda, that festival sounds fun. I'm interested to see your weaving.

Mary, hope DDs family is healthy for their vacation.

Joanne, your vacation sounds fabulous! Hope work went well for you today.

Judy, I forgot...what graph p-ghan are you working on now?

Judy ~ Oh...if we could only bottle that energy! :lol

Cindy ~ This week sounds super busy for you.  How fun that your DS is taking a tour of Europe!  DD did some traveling in Europe with her job and loved every bit of it!

Hi again.  I've stayed inside today and after all the humidity and mugginess of the weekend it felt nice to stay inside. 

Mary, I hope that Zach bounces back quickly from his bug.  That's the nice thing about kids.  They get sick suddenly but they get well quickly, too.

Cindy, to sounds like you've got a super busy week lined up with one thing and another.  Wishing your DS a wonderful time in Europe.  I've never been to Europe, but DD spent the summer in Paris between HS and college and really enjoyed her time there.

I forgot to mention all the goodies that I got at the festival last weekend.  I got some wool/yak/silk roving and some wool/camel/silk roving.  I my three most used sizes of crochet hooks with beautiful glittery handles.  I picked up a ball of size 30 white crochet thread.  Two crosses and a butterfly pendant to use with beading for necklaces and/or prayer beads.  I got some earth toned nylon glitz for use in my carding to give it some pops of color and glitter.  Three ounces of it will go a long, long way.  I've got a lot of fiber for carding as well as a lot of yarn so I tried to limit the amount of that that I picked up.  I got two t-shirts.  One says "Sheep Wrecked" and the other says "Lie Flat to Dry."  The pictures that go with the sayings are such fun that I couldn't resist them.  :lol

DGS worked so very hard to be good over the two days that he earned a book of knitting monsters.  He's already got one picked  out for me to make him.  He also wants me to teach him how to knit.  Unfortunately that much restraint led to a rough time last night and tonight.  The new meds have helped but don't seem to be the whole answer so far. 

:no

Wishing you all a good week.  :manyheart 

Good Morning! 

Linda ~ Oooh!  You found some wonderful things at the festival.  I love the sayings on the tee shirts! :D   I'm so sorry that dgs is still having some rough times. :hug   He may still be adjusting to the new meds and schedule.?

Hi to everyone at Our House. :manyheart 

I'm leaving to run errands and then get my hair cut.  She won't be in until 10:30.

Still working on hexies and have started another "one big granny square" baby 'ghan. :)

Flyby....

Hot, humid and tropical rain here...

Cindy, it's Yankees graphghan. More of a throw size.

Off I go to my sitting room to work on the ghan now....

Good morning. Our heat and humidity have gone for now. It's cool and spring like outside, my kind if weather. Supposedly rain and thunderstorms are on their way though. I ought to go out and do some weeding before it gets hot.

I have to take my mil to a 3 hour dr appointment this afternoon. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my time while I wait. The only really portable craft project that I have is a knit scarf, but it requires concentration, and my knitting isn't good enough to take that out in public. I probably will just take my Kindle with me.

Well, better get back to my laundry.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi, peeps.

Cindy, the Kindle is always my fallback item to keep me busy too! I wouldn't want to have anyone see me knitting!

Hi!  It's overcast and a lot cooler than it's been.  I think it calls for rain either today or tomorrow.

Sometimes it seems that taking your beginning knitting out in public inspires more people to try it than when an experienced knitter takes their knitting out in public.  The experienced knitter can easily intimidate newbies, because they make it look so easy, which it isn't in the beginning.  Keep plugging guys you'll get there.

'Morning, all. :)   All of a sudden it's Friday...the days go by so quickly!  The tropical depression "Bill" visited us on Wednesday and brought over 4" of rain!  Things are all back to normal now with our hot summer weather.

Cindy ~ I hope your MIL is okay and that the long appointment wasn't too bad.

Judy ~ How is the graph 'ghan coming along?

We may have the boys today, but I won't know until I talk to DD.  She ended up with a fever and bad headache, so if she's not better today, they'll have to postpone their trip.  Both boys had 'whatever it is' and they're fine now.

Since I'm up so early, I may crochet for a while!  Have a good morning, everyone. :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Your trip with the family to the beach sounds like a great time.

Linda, Can't wait to see your weaving. Sounds like a fun time. Hope things even out for DGS soon.

Mary, Glad the boys are feeling better and hope DD is better today so they can go on there trip.

Cindy, Hope your MIL's appt went well. Hoping DS has a great time in Germany.

Judy, Your moving right along on your graph ghan.

It's been a busy time here. Maya is here now. I got her signed up for the reading program at the library. On tuesday she will get to be a librarian. The theme this year is superheros.

I had my mammogram and had to follow up with an ultra sound. It showed all is okay.

Had more to share but forgot what it was. Have laundry and house work to catch up on. Hope everyone has a nice friday!

hi, peeps

Marlene, I don't know why mammograms are even done any more - so many of us have to get the sonagram afterwards, anyway! So happy yours was OK.

'Morning, all. :)   All of a sudden it's Friday...the days go by so quickly!  The tropical depression "Bill" visited us on Wednesday and brought over 4" of rain!  Things are all back to normal now with our hot summer weather.

Cindy ~ I hope your MIL is okay and that the long appointment wasn't too bad.

Judy ~ How is the graph 'ghan coming along?

Getting there. Haven't worked on in a couple of days.

We may have the boys today, but I won't know until I talk to DD.  She ended up with a fever and bad headache, so if she's not better today, they'll have to postpone their trip.  Both boys had 'whatever it is' and they're fine now.

Is DD ok now??

Since I'm up so early, I may crochet for a while!  Have a good morning, everyone. :manyheart

I hope everyone has a good day!

Good Morning, House. :)

Marlene ~ Oh, how fun to have Maya with you!  Will she stay for the summer?  I'm glad your mammogram was okay.  My sister spends a lot of time volunteering at their library and they're have the summer reading program for 9 weeks!  She enjoys it, but thinks 9 weeks might be a bit much. :lol

Judy ~ I hope all is well with you. :yes   Looking forward to seeing your graph 'ghan!

Hi to the rest of our house, too. :manyheart

The kids are on their way to the airport right now!  DD started feeling much better yesterday and sounded good this morning.  The boys are so excited to be going back to the beach. :)

hi peeps

Mary, I'm so glad the vacation didn't get cancelled. 

we're doing good here...had a couple of cool days which were wonderful and today, though cool, is extremely humid. So glad I had my hair cut short - the heat and humidity was getting to me and it curls so well in this weather, so it works for me...lol!

I have to get back to the graph ghan - but meanwhile, due to an enabler who shall remain nameless, I decided to join a Babette CAL on a group I'm with on FB. I'm making it in burgundy, browns and tan - will border it in brown, too, I think. I wanted to get rid of some stash. Originally was going purples and pink but decided to save them for now.

Have a good day everybody!

Hi ladies. Had a great day at work today, hoping for more of the same tomorrow.

Mary, I'm glad to hear that DD and family left for vacation. I'm starting to feel like I need a vacation! We are planning to go camping towards the end of July and we are going to Door County in Wisconsin in August. I just have to wait a bit......

Marlene, have fun with Maya. My kids always did those summer reading programs at the library. They loved all the little trinkets that they won, (and the ice cream social that got it started.). Besides the trinkets they were able to earn stuff like zo passes, children's museum passes, movie tickets, etc. I don't think the rewards are as good anymore. Our library also had adult reading challenges.

Judy, I remember when the Babette design first came out. I really liked it, but all that sewing together.......

Hi, all.  I am spending the weekend at my place for a little R&R.  It is so good sleeping in my own bed.  Sweet Pea is happy with that too, because she can snuggle up next to me.  That felt really good to me, too.  DD and DGS have a quiet weekend planned.  I think they are coming over here tomorrow to help get one of the bookshelves put together and filled.  We've also talked about going to the YMCA and getting a pass for us to use this summer.

I just spent a rather frustrating half hour or so on the phone with the internet company getting it hooked back up again.  It was scheduled for disconnect.  I paid the bill Thursday, but they turn it back on.  Finally got it done, but working with a programmed phone help was super frustrating.   :thair

I'm so glad that Maya gets to spend the summer with you again, Marlene.  You and your hubby have such a special relationship with her.

Looking forward to seeing the Babette when it's done, Judy.

Hope you have a good day at work tomorrow, Cindy.

It's been overcast all day and had rained a little bit this morning before our walk.  It's been thundering and grumbling for while and just started to rain, although it doesn't look real heavy at least at the moment.

Hope you all have a good rest of the weekend.   :manyheart

Good morning all,

Sorry I've been MIA, but things have been hectic. Youngest Dd had surgery on wed. She was originally scheduled for July , but there was a cancellation so she had it wed. She picked her OR team. ( perk of being an OR nurse ). She came home Friday afternoon. Have been busy helping out. She is doing good , just weak, tired...usual post op stuff. I had taken off work wed to watch the boys so SIL could be with dd. Had to be at their house at 5am. It was a long day, but had fun with the boys. Ryan had preschool in the morning and it was fun to have some one on one time with Robbie. . we took the boys to lunch at paneras when we picked him up from school. They love their Mac n cheese!

We spent the day yesterday at their house and are heading over today. Sil will be off work for 2-3 weeks.

I've been trying to work on the knit blanket to get it done. I signed up for a mystery cal staring in July. The only thing I'm leary of is it's probably something that has to be joined. I'm really more of a one piece blanket kind of gal. Lol

Best to all! And happy solstice!!! Rainy, dreary day here for the first day of summer and longest day of the year

Hi, all.  Sunny and in the 80s here today.  We went to the WMCA this afternoon and got a summer membership.  All three of us for 100 days for $150.  The plan is for me to take DGS to practice swimming and have some fun this summer.  With mom going with us occasionally to.  I f we actually use is then we may go on for a year.  I haven't been swimming much in a long time so we shall see how I do.   :P 

Hope DD recovers well, Joanne.

Hi, again.  Back at DD's house.  It was nice to be back there and I really got a chance to relax.  Sweet Pea loved curling up next to me at night too.  She made a mess in the kitchen but nothing that a little clean up won't correct.  It's really dark and gloomy with thunder and rain today.  Not planning going anywhere today.

Hope your day is great.  :manyheart 

Hi, Peeps...

I'm around row 43/110 of the graph ghan. Working on it in my sitting room limits how much time I spend on it - it's way to mess for me to bring it downstairs.

Hi ladies. Had a great day at work today, hoping for more of the same tomorrow.

Mary, I'm glad to hear that DD and family left for vacation. I'm starting to feel like I need a vacation! We are planning to go camping towards the end of July and we are going to Door County in Wisconsin in August. I just have to wait a bit......

Marlene, have fun with Maya. My kids always did those summer reading programs at the library. They loved all the little trinkets that they won, (and the ice cream social that got it started.). Besides the trinkets they were able to earn stuff like zo passes, children's museum passes, movie tickets, etc. I don't think the rewards are as good anymore. Our library also had adult reading challenges.

Judy, I remember when the Babette design first came out. I really liked it, but all that sewing together.......

I thought of you, Cindy, when I saw all the squares to attach! It's a good way to use up scraps. Doing the neutrals, I think I mentioned here, since I really don't use them much and they take up a lot of room.

Hi, all.  I am spending the weekend at my place for a little R&R.  It is so good sleeping in my own bed.  Sweet Pea is happy with that too, because she can snuggle up next to me.  That felt really good to me, too.  DD and DGS have a quiet weekend planned.  I think they are coming over here tomorrow to help get one of the bookshelves put together and filled.  We've also talked about going to the YMCA and getting a pass for us to use this summer.

I just spent a rather frustrating half hour or so on the phone with the internet company getting it hooked back up again.  It was scheduled for disconnect.  I paid the bill Thursday, but they turn it back on.  Finally got it done, but working with a programmed phone help was super frustrating.   :thair

I'm so glad that Maya gets to spend the summer with you again, Marlene.  You and your hubby have such a special relationship with her.

Looking forward to seeing the Babette when it's done, Judy.

Hope you have a good day at work tomorrow, Cindy.

It's been overcast all day and had rained a little bit this morning before our walk.  It's been thundering and grumbling for while and just started to rain, although it doesn't look real heavy at least at the moment.

I detest those robo directions when you call.... Glad internet is back on!

Good morning all,

Sorry I've been MIA, but things have been hectic. Youngest Dd had surgery on wed. She was originally scheduled for July , but there was a cancellation so she had it wed. She picked her OR team. ( perk of being an OR nurse ). She came home Friday afternoon. Have been busy helping out. She is doing good , just weak, tired...usual post op stuff. I had taken off work wed to watch the boys so SIL could be with dd. Had to be at their house at 5am. It was a long day, but had fun with the boys. Ryan had preschool in the morning and it was fun to have some one on one time with Robbie. . we took the boys to lunch at paneras when we picked him up from school. They love their Mac n cheese!

We spent the day yesterday at their house and are heading over today. Sil will be off work for 2-3 weeks.

I've been trying to work on the knit blanket to get it done. I signed up for a mystery cal staring in July. The only thing I'm leary of is it's probably something that has to be joined. I'm really more of a one piece blanket kind of gal. Lol

Best to all! And happy solstice!!! Rainy, dreary day here for the first day of summer and longest day of the year

Where did you sign up for a CAL?

Yesterday turned out nice and sunny - but hot...

I hope DD gets well fast!

Hi, all.  Sunny and in the 80s here today.  We went to the WMCA this afternoon and got a summer membership.  All three of us for 100 days for $150.  The plan is for me to take DGS to practice swimming and have some fun this summer.  With mom going with us occasionally to.  I f we actually use is then we may go on for a year.  I haven't been swimming much in a long time so we shall see how I do.   :P 

Hope DD recovers well, Joanne.

That YMCA membership sounds like a great idea! I hope you get a lot of use out of it!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Maya is here for the summer.

Cindy, The prizes are nothing like that any more. DD is talking about all of us going camping when Maya's daddy gets his vacation time late july or early august.

Judy, Lots of squares to put together, but they sure are pretty.

Joanne, Best wishes for a speedy recovery for DD.

Linda, Hope you get lots of use out of your Y passes.

Maya's parents came saturday night for the night. Her daddy made us ribs. He's a good cook! An EF-1 tornado hit the town where SD lives. Her home and her mothers have no damage. The town has been destroyed. A Goodwill roof collasped with 4 people trapped inside. They weren't hurt. Three churches lost there roofs and have other damage. My sister just started a job at the shell station, they were on the end of the damage line. So far no deaths and just a small number of people with injuries. They had no siren warning. It came up very quickly. Tonight they did have sirens go off because the atmosphere is set for a tornado. Michigan is going to have lots of activity tonight.

Hope everyone has a nice tuesday!

Morning, peeps.

Marlene I saw the damage from the weather on tv this morning. Scary stuff. Glad SD and her family were safe. It's on it's way here. This afternoon I think. The wind is already kicking up.

Good morning. The sun is shining here today. Of course, it was shining yesterday morning too. The bad weather pretty much missed us, we had heavy rain and it was windy off and on, but nothing major.

Marlene, one of my co-workers in Grand Rapids posted pictures of her neighborhood with lots of trees down, blocking streets. Another friend posted pictures of her families home in Portland. The roof had been blown of their house, all the windows were gone and the garage was flat. Thankfully they were in the basement.

I rushed around yesterday morning getting my laundry done and vacuuming, in case the power went out. We have a small generator, but it's mostly for running the lights, appliances, fans, etc. It won't run the well pump or the air conditioner. I filled the bath tubs so that we could flush the toilets in the case of an outage. We rarely lose power, but when we do, we don't have water since we have a well. Our water heater holds 40 gallons, so we could use water from that. Dh had intended to get a generator that could run the well, but he miscalculated how much power that would take.

I'm going to do some sewing today. A few years ago I bought a top off a clearance rack that I really like. I spent a morning last week drafting a pattern for it, and today I'm going to try it out on some fabric that I found in my stash. If it works, I'll buy some better fabric.

Have a great day, ladies.

Archived