Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Sorry you had to visit the frog pond again. Glad things were easier for DGS this time. Sounds like his meds are helping him.

Mary, Congratulations on your sale!

Judy, Glad Sparkie is doing much better. I've always wondered about pet insurance.

Cindy, Hope the weather was good for the wedding. If local I know some people got rain on. We didn't.

I had one of my brothers check out the brakes on the car. He suggested I call the ford dealer about warranty as the car only has 26,000 miles on it. I took it to the dealer after two and half hours Daisy and I left. We got new rotors, new brake pads, oil change and car wash all for free, yes for free. My rear left rotor was very rust, the other side wasn't very rusty and the front was just fine. My brothers said one of my brakes might not of been working. He googled my car and found lots of people are having problems with there brakes. I believe that's why they took care of me like they did. Plus I told them after the inspection I would be talking to my brother. I don't like to take my car to a garage. To many of them think women don't know about cars and take advantage of it. But this lady does and has let them know before.

DS and grandkids were here friday night for the night. Payton is playing soccer and had a game yesterday.

My brother came up and did the brakes on the rv. Looks like it's going to need new tires before it gets used.

Going to go stay at Maya's until tuesday. DD has to go to Detroit for yearly meeting. I will be taking Maya to school and picking her up.

Hope everyone has a great day!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all

Wow where does the time go? I went to the LYS on Friday night after work and yesterday morning was spent going through clothes and switching out the seasons. Didn't finish , but the boys and dd came over and we had lots of fun. They left later than she wanted and ended up driving home in the thunderstorms YIKES! But they made it home safe and sound. :-)

This morning I finished going through clothes and doing laundry. Then we went to BN and Marshall's and now we are in for the rest of the day. It's sticky humid out :-(

Good morning peeps.

No thunderstorms overnight so everyone slept well! Sparkie wasn't taking any chances, though - he immediately snuggled in next to my bed for the duration. It is humid this morning too, as Joanne mentioned about yesterday, so it's an official curly hair day again. 

Row 117/150 on the graph ghan.

Have a good day my friends.

Hi ladies. Work went well today, and I'm off for the next two days.

My nieces wedding was one of the most elaborate weddings I've ever gone to. It's lucky for my brother that he only has one daughter! It started chilly and rainy for the wedding, but it cleared up by the time the reception was over,

Judy, I'm glad Sparkie is doing ok. Sounds like he missed his Mom!

Good morning!

Another foggy start to the day - weather, not my brain...lol! I'm lightly caffeinated already :lol

I made the "mistake" of Liking Red Heart Yarn on FB...omg, so many more patterns for my WIM list!

Hi ladies. Work went well today, and I'm off for the next two days.

My nieces wedding was one of the most elaborate weddings I've ever gone to. That's the trend with many, it seems. My goddaughter's brother is getting married at a NJ vineyard next year. At least that doesn't sound fussy... It's lucky for my brother that he only has one daughter! It started chilly and rainy for the wedding, but it cleared up by the time the reception was over,Good to hear!

Judy, I'm glad Sparkie is doing ok. Sounds like he missed his Mom!He's still clingy - and I think that's the new normal around here. Not that I mind. It's just funny, when hubby hugs me, Sparkie tries to get in themiddle - literally, and when he hugs me, Lucy does the same - after giving me a "dirty" look! At least BOTH dogs aren't jostling for position with just one of us!

Have a good day my friends!

Good morning all.  It's overcast again today and much chillier than yesterday, which wasn't all that warm, and tomorrow is supposed to be chillier still.  I got a pedicure at the local beauty college yesterday.  They look nice and it felt so good to have them soaked, massaged and taken care of by somebody else.  Then went by the apartment and picked up the mail, talked to my neighbor for a bit, and told the office that I had a smoke detector going off.  I owe them a battery, but they took care of it for me.  Or will today. 

I picked up a couple of my books to have for a change of reading matter..  A couple of early sci-fi books by James White among them.  They are based in a hospital that treats entities from many different worlds.  Something like 60 different sentient races.  The main character in this one is a trainee from a new world.  She manages to set off one of the patients on her first ward and send him on a rampage that does a lot of damage to the entire ward.  On the second ward to give her a try she upset a surgical demonstration on her first day there.  She was instructed to amputate a patient's leg, which by her code meant that she had to amputate one of hers, which she did.  Talk about an upset!  She has now been assigned to maintenance.  It's been a long time since I read them and I can't remember what happens next, but it's sure to be unexpected.

Glad that Sparkie is doing so much better, Judy.

Enjoy your time off, Cindy.

Take care with you travels, Marlene.

Love to you all.

Linda

Hi there.  Another short post from me...and another dr. appt. for dh this afternoon.  The MRI showed a compressed disc and we have a consultation about that. :(  I admit it...I'm tired and need a break.

Cindy ~ DD's wedding was what she always wanted. :)   We could never have afforded doing it for more than one!  It was formal and beautiful and the reception was lots of fun with lots of dancing and yummy food.  My parents gave us $100.00, but both my sisters had big weddings. (They didn't like DH and thought it would never last and both my sisters have been divorced  - one twice. :lol )

Linda ~ I hope all is going well.  How long do you think you'll be at DD's?

Judy ~ Awww, the children are acting like "real" children!  They really are our babies. :manyheart

Off we go...on the road again.

Mary, I hope the doctor's appointment gives you more answers than questions.

My mom didn't think I should get married as young as I did - probably didn't like DH either, since he is a strong man (and was a rookie cop when we met). If she didn't push him out of my life by how she was with him, nothing would.

Our wedding was in our local church and the reception in the decorated church basement...catering done by my Polish relatives and a Greek aunt. Music courtesy of the latest vinyl...

And we've been married 47 years.

I guess it's afternoon now.  So good afternoon to all of you.  DGS is home again today.  Second day in a row.  We are taking things one day at a time right now.  At this point I've no idea how long I'll be staying with them.

It is gray skies, 44*, and a cold, drizzly day outside.  The house feels cold and DGS is running around in a short-sleeved shirt and shorts.  Makes me cold just to look at him.  I'm about to wrap up in a blanket to try to stay warm.

Finished the last book and have started on another one.  Before you ask, the trainee managed to get in trouble yet again and come out of it smelling like a rose.  Fun book.  The next Debbie Macomber book has a baby blanket pattern in it.  Knitted, of course.  I've gone to the frog pond yet again with the shawl.  I have to figure the pattern out before I can go any further with it.  Color me frustrated.  I'm just going to cast on the number of stitches needed for the next part and try to figure it out before going back to the beginning I think.  Either that or run a strand through the stitches at the point where I know what to do meets the part I don't have figured out so I don't lose the whole thing if I have to frog yet again.

Mary, good luck on figuring out what hubby needs done with the compressed disc.  Hope it's something they can do something about.

My furbaby is plastered right up against my side at the moment.

Have a good day.

Linda, I'm sorry life is so full of questions for all of you. Books are a great way to get away when you need to. I'm glad you're enjoying them.

We found out...at the suggestion of our local vet...that the Costco pharmacy can provide the very expensive antibiotics Sparkie needs, and at $100 less per 10 day supply. Thank goodness!

Good evening ladies. It's been very cold here today, dark, gloomy and very un-springlike. I went grocery shopping this morning and then made soup and quiche for dinner. It's definitely soup weather.

Mary,mhope they can come up with a good plan for dhs compressed disc. Linda, still praying for dogs. I think I'd be so frustrated with the shawl that I'd quit by this time. Judy, glad you found a more economical source for Sparkie's pills. Joanne, how is work going?

Work tomorrow and Friday for me.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Hope you got some answers about hubby's back. I hope you get a break real soon. You deserve a "me" day.

Linda, Hugs and prayers for all of you. Good luck with the shawl.

Judy, Other pharmacies might even cover that medicine for sparky. Glad you found a deal.

Cindy, Today certainly was a good day for soup. Had we been home I would of made some.

Hi Joanne!

After taking Maya to school and picking her up for two days I told myself I'm so glad I don't have to do this everyday. We came back and stayed at my sisters last night. I thought hubby had two appts today and they are tomorrow. We did get to have the consultation at the pain clinic. They had a cancellation for an hour later so that one worked out. Hubby goes back June 1st for a shot. I'll look up the name later. We stopped at K-Mart and picked up a power washer they had on sale and I got a summer top. Will probably go back and buy a screened gazebo. We stopped at a garage sale and I picked up a sashay scarf for 25 cents. It's the blue/green yarn so it will go with denim really nicely.

We also stopped by and seen Gordy. His spirits were good. They are using a lift machine and getting him up out of bed and into a recliner twice a day. Tomorrow he has to go by ambulance to a skin doctor. He still has a bandage on the spot that and it is red all around it. I talked to someone there today and she said he's going to see if there is something else they can do to heal it.

He has also gotten a small bed sore. I'm surprised he didn't get one before this. Hopefully the doctor tomorrow can take care of both areas.

Then we went up and seen Mary. She said it was 31 here last night. She said they have a meeting on tuesday about a permanet room.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Hi my friends.

Marlene, it was 52 early this morning here in NJ! I don't remember it ever being this cold so close to memorial day.  And the vet didn't recommend getting the meds from a pet mail order pharmacy because they can't be certain of the source of the meds...

Good day to everyone.  I've been up for quite a while, but I'm just now getting in here.  The skies are blue and the sun is shining, which makes it a really good day.  DGS has a doctor appointment this afternoon.  DD will seeing what they can do to better regulate DGS's meds to his needs.  The first thing I'm going to do is get in a long hot shower while they are gone. 

Linda, which book has the baby blanket pattern in it? Is it an pretty easy pattern?

Judy, the pattern is in The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber.  The pattern is due to alternating blocks of knit and purl stitches.  The picture I have in my mind is really pretty.  It's entitled Baby Blocks and is by Ann Norling.  Ravelry has a whole bunch of pictures of it done in lots of different colors.  I like the ones in solid colors best myself, but the others are nice too.

Good day to everyone.  I've been up for quite a while, but I'm just now getting in here.  The skies are blue and the sun is shining, which makes it a really good day.  DGS has a doctor appointment this afternoon.  DD will seeing what they can do to better regulate DGS's meds to his needs.  fingers crossed....The first thing I'm going to do is get in a long hot shower while they are gone. 

Judy, the pattern is in The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber.  The pattern is due to alternating blocks of knit and purl stitches.  The picture I have in my mind is really pretty.  It's entitled Baby Blocks and is by Ann Norling.  Ravelry has a whole bunch of pictures of it done in lots of different colors.  I like the ones in solid colors best myself, but the others are nice too.

Thanks for the info!

Popping in to say "hello". I've been lurking here but not posting. My baby/child's afghan has been keeping me busy but it's almost complete, just have to weave in ends. I rarely do afghans but came across this old pattern I had done when my kids were babies and got nostalgic. My "babies" are now 39 and 32.

Hope everyone is doing well, thinking about you all.

Good Morning, House.  I'm playing catch up...again! ;)

Marlene ~ You've had a very busy week!  I'm so glad Gordy is in better spirits. :hug   Great finds at the garage sales...I love poking around at them and if it's not raining buckets again, we may do that this weekend!

Jill ~ My very first crochet project at age 8 was a sc ripple afghan. :)  Yep - sc takes forever, but I love the way it looks!  Looking forward to seeing it!

Judy ~ Is Sparkie all better now?  How wonderful to find the meds so much cheaper...amazing price difference!  Have you been able to work on the "paws" afghan?

Cindy ~ I hope work has slowed down a bit and that all goes well today. :yes

Linda ~ Oh, I hope everything was okay at dgs's doctor appointment yesterday. :manyheart   I'm sorry the pattern is giving you fits! 

And "Hi" to anyone I've missed, too. :)

Another crazy week around here and I'll be home all day today. :clap   We"ve had more storms and flooding with more expected the next few days...after 5 years of drought, we're making up for it this spring!  The Colonial PGA tournament is here and DD is taking DH for the morning.  It's raining right now, so we'll see!  (Yes, I'm looking forward to some time by myself. :lol )

hi peeps!

Mary, Sparkie seems great - they want another urine specimen at the end of the meds...we'll see if the old fashioned way I collect it will be ok - and going to my local vet for that.

And yes, I've been working on the paw ghan! row 125/150!!!!

Off to spend time with our friends who are visiting...have a good day everyone!

Good afternoon.  With luck I am now printing the written instructions for the rows that I haven't been able to figure out.  Usually I can follow a graph pattern with no problems, but this one is driving me nuts.  Once I figure out what the pattern is supposed to mean, maybe I can go back to it with no more problems. 

Today is starting out better than it's been this week.  We're making adjustments to how often and how much GDS gets of them throughout the day.  Today will be the first day of the changes and with a three day weekend, we're hoping that that will see him back in school next week.  Fingers crossed.

Mary, I hope you aren't in the area being flooded.  Enjoy your time to yourself.

Nice to see you again, Jill.  Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your ripple.

Judy, I'm hoping that Sparkie is all better with the end of the course of meds.

Have a good day and a good weekend.

Hi, again.  I didn't manage to get the instructions printed but I found a wonderful quote it the book, The Shop On Blossom Street, at start of chapter 31 it says, "If you can count the number of projects you have going, you need to begin another, so you have a varied range of complexity, from the very simple 'mindless' ones to those that demand undivided attention. --- Laura Early, lifetime knitter."  I think that pretty much says it perfectly.  With all the spinning, quilting, crocheting, and knitting projects I've got going at the moment I think I can skip starting any more at the moment.  Other than the current knitting shawl that I'm restarting, for the fourth time, that is.  :lol

Archived