Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi all.  I've pretty much goofed off all day.  Not much sleep last night due to storms, so that's my excuse. ;)

Cindy ~ I love your idea for the grandkids' birthdays!  And I like cloudy days, too...we can pretend there is no dust. :)

Judy ~ I hope everything is okay after having the stitches out. :yes

Marlene ~ Sending more positve thoughts for Gordy and Mary. :hug

Linda ~ I've been thinking of you all a lot.  I hope dgs is feeling much better. :hug:manyheart

And Hi to those I've missed!  Time to start working on supper.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, ladies,

We put out some nice flowers yesterday - a pop of color, which is what we needed. Today we'll be spot seeding the back yard. :P

Mary, All is well after the stitches came out. When I told the surgeon what a terrible reaction I had to the bandage  she decided not to even use a steri strip on the site - just put a heavy glob of neosporin on it. It's healing well - just the bruising and the scab have to disappear - which for me never goes quickly. Otherwise it's fine :)

Stay safe, any of you peeps near the horrible storms!

Good Morning. :)  Light rain this morning, but we have heavy stuff in the forecast through Sunday!

Judy ~ Flowers always make me happy, too.  My tomato plants have lots of babies and it's so fun to watch them grow. 

Crochet time for me today. :hook  Have a good day, House. :)

Hi to everyone.  The days are blurring together.  Took a much needed nap yesterday in the afternoon.  Had a meeting with a therapist yesterday.  It went so so.  We played the game Life with DGS yesterday and essentially made up the rules as we went.  I actually won.  Surprise, surprise.  Went to a support group last night.  Last night I slept the clock around and then some.

More rain yesterday and more in the forecast the rest of the week.

DD's back at work today.  I'm doing what I can.  Added almost two full rows to the green and silver shawl yesterday.  Yay!  The crocheting is finally moving back toward where it should be.  I am in the mood to finish off the blue and white shawl but the blue yarn is a huge mess.  DD is working at untangling it for me as that is something that I just cannot do at the moment.  She has untangled at least 1/3 of it now.  For her it is mindless and relaxing.  For me it is frustrating.

Judy, congratulations on getting the stitches out.  It's good that the doctor listened about your sensitivity to the bandages and left it open.

Please continue to pray for all of us.  They are appreciated and needed.

Love to all of you.

Linda, I'm like DD - I find it relaxing to untangle yarn....to attach squares together...all the mindless stuff acts as meditation for me. I find it hard to sit still and meditate the "traditional" way. Prayers and very good thoughts for all of you.

Hi Linda ~ I know it's so hard to concentrate right now...good for you for picking up your hook again. :hug   I totally agree about dealing with a yarn mess.  I am willing to admit I have thrown away a lot of yarn over the years. ;)   Sending more hugs and positive thoughts to all of you. ♥♥♥

Judy ~ Did you get the yard seeding done?  How is the graph 'ghan coming along?

I started an afghan today and then frogged it. Not happy with the colors and I misjudged the starting chain - obviously it's back to the drawing board. :)

Weather watches and warnings for us again tonight.  It always makes me nervous, but we're as prepared as we can be.

Mary, that dreaded frog again! Sounds like you need a good night's sleep after the storms last night...I know when I'm fuzzy brained I'm good for nothing!

We did the seeding...and raked the topsoil hubby put down for me to cover the seeds. Then I watered plants and seeds, etc....I am a control freak, so he doesn't even try to get in my way.

And then I took my second shower of the morning...I forgot how sweat can sting when it gets in your eyes...lol!

The graph ghan is getting there. Tomorrow I might not crochet much. This last part is a bit boring but I'm anxious to finish it...

Stay safe tonight, Mary.

Have a good night my friends.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, It doesn't  bother me to untangle yarn at all. I like the challenge. Kind of like putting a puzzle together. Glad you can get some crocheting done to help pass the time. Lots of hugs and prayers for all of you.

Mary, Stay safe with all them storms going on.

Judy, Glad you got those stitches out and hoping the rest of the healing goes much calmer.

Cindy, Great way to celebrate the grandsons birthdays. Makes them feel extra special.

Thanks everyone for the prayers and thoughts for Gordy and Mary. We will go see him in the morning if he is still here near us. I'll call Mary in the morning to see what the plan is.

DD had a doctors appt this morning and after hearing about it I'm sure she was scared for awhile. They couldn't find a heart beat and called someone else in and she couldn't find one either. So they did ultrasound and there was the baby and all is fine. She had a c-section with Maya and they said scar tissue was probably in the way. She also found out she is 11 weeks instead of 12 weeks like they thought. So her due date is November 27th, black friday. I think black friday is very fitting due date for her as she has worked sales for 21 years. This will be her first time missing work on black friday ever. They asked her if she wanted to have a natural birth or another c-section. She isn't sure. The doctor told her to think about it. She had to have a c-section because her contractions stopped and they didn't want the baby to be in danger.

Hubby had a doctors appt this morning. The doctor gave him the option of going on diabetic medicine. He took it. After the troubles he had in Texas I hope it helps. She gave him a couple of books so he looked through one of them while we were in the car and got an education. I'll check them out soon also because it's all new to us.

This afternoon we went to a ptsd meeting. They had a speaker then group discussion. Todays was much more information than last year. Last year I was the only female and spouse there. This year there was 17 females. I found out some of the things he does, or the way he reacts or doesn't talk about is the way it is for these guys. There was a lady there that she and her husband were both in Vietnam. She was a nurse. She said when your time was up there she didn't want to come home. She loved her job, she loved taking care of those soldiers and she loved them. It was quite touching to many of us. The speaker is a doctor on ptsd and has a lot of information on the internet so I will be checking it out.

Tomorrow we are going to Maya's for the weekend. It's suppose to rain, I hope it doesn't rain all the time.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Marlene, I'm so glad to hear that the reason for the missing heartbeat was scar tissue.  She had good reason to be scared there for a while.  It used to be that once you had a C-section you always had to have one, but that has changed a lot.  Also glad to hear that hubby opted for the diabetic meds.  What was going on while you were done South was worrisome.  There is a lot more know about PTSD now than previously.  Glad you could get some more information.

DD and I read to DGS tonight and played a couple of games with him.  I won our game of Sorry, but not by much.  For a long time it looked like he was going to slaughter both DD and me. 

Good morning...

Marlene, good for DH that he decided on the meds....I feel for you, dealing with his PTSD. My hubby was an ICU medic stateside during Vietnam but was in law enforcement for 22 years. Though not officially diagnosed, he has it. One example, besides the nightmares he has many nights is the fact that I cannot walk into a room where he is unless he sees me or hears me. His startle reflex is scary to witness. Not easy to live with.

Good Morning!  Another long night - the storms finally stopped about 2.  Thankfully, no damage here.  We are in for more later today and all weekend!

Marlene ~ Enjoy your weekend with family.  I know it's an exciting, but emotional time for your DD right now. :hug  Our next door neighbor (Vietnam vet) has been going to support meetings for years and says they have helped him a lot.  I'm glad you all had a good experience, too!

Linda ~ It sounds like you're getting a lot of board game practice. ;)   Have they said how long dgs will be in the hospital?  More hugs coming your way. :ghug

Judy ~ I looked at Lucy's Cosy pattern again...it looks like the kind of easy crocheting I need right now. ;)  How many colors did you use?  I don't think I want to do 15 colors again. Lol

We were going to meet DD and the boys at the zoo this morning, but parts of it have flooding!  So we're meeting at a trampoline venue where the boys can use up lots of energy. :lol  They want to go to Chuck E. Cheese for lunch.

Have a good morning, everyone. :manyheart

Mary, I used 6 colors - they were complimentary colors (though one was black) that were in stash. 

No news on the going home date, but I think he'll be on the long end of the average. 

Talked to a friend from Georgia this morning.  It helped.  A lot.

Not a lot of energy today, but I need to go to my apartment and get some stuff done there.

PTSD is a pain to deal with no matter what the cause.  I know that from experience with having to deal with it myself.  It's taken a lot of therapy to make peace with it myself.  It doesn't wham me as much as it used to and for the most part I can deal with it within a few days or hours instead of the weeks that it used to throw me.  Progress.  Hugs to all of you dealing with it in yourself or your spouse.  :hug 

Good afternoon ladies. Nothing much to report here. For some reason, I was exhausted after work yesterday. It wasn't busier than usual, so I'm not sure why. Last night we went to a funeral home visitation. Today I did laundry and picked up a few groceries.

Dh offered to take me out for dinner, but I declined. I find it easier to watch what I eat if I eat at home. We will be having pork tacos with coleslaw tonight. This is leftover from a pork roast recipe that I tried awhile back. My dd raved about it, but I didn't like it at all! Way too spicy for me. However, it makes good tacos if I cool it down by adding home made coleslaw to the tacos. Dh really likes the chicken taco appetizers at Applebee's, and this is similar. Otherwise, Dh isn't crazy about trying anything out of the ordinary.

We might go to Lowes tonight. Last year we bought two "wicker" armchairs for the front porch. I notice that they have a matching love seat this year, and we are considering buying one. I want to sit in it though, before buying it, so I can't just send Dh after it.

Linda, how long do they expect dgs to be hospitalized? When you said that the meeting with the therapist went so-so, my heart dropped. Continuing to pray for your family.

No crochet mo-jo here at the moment. Even my Sophie afghan is lying there, untouched.

Marlene, I'm glad your Dh decided to start meds for his diabetes. I can see why your dd had a few scary moments during that dr visit. Glad everything turned out okay.

Mary, hope you had fun with the boys. (And that they used up enough energy to give dd some peaceful hours when they get home!)

Regarding PTSD, I've learned that it's best to announce your presence verbally, and before you get close. (We get lots of patients with it.)

We spent the last hours watching the funeral for the murdered NYPD cop. How can we not?

Only 25 years old. His dad and uncle are retired and he has cousins on the job. The poor family. The support from the other members of the department is - and always will be - there for them. It's a 30,000 member department, but at times like this it feels like a small family.

Sorry - just had to share...

Good Morning!  It's raining again, but at least it's just rain. :)

Cindy ~ You deserve to be tired once in a while!  Your job is a difficult one and you do so much on top of that. :yes  Yes, the boys were worn out after the trampoline place and then they played in the children's area at Chick Fil A.  Wish I had even a fourth of their energy. ;)

Judy ~ Thank you for the yarn info.  I'm going to play with my yarn later and see what I come up with.  Yes, the young policeman's death is so very sad. :(  I hate what is going on in this country with the lack of respect for those who protect us!

Linda ~ I'm glad you're staying with Joy while dgs is in the hospital.  It must be so good to have eachother right now. :manyheart

We're in for more storms later today and tomorrow!  It's hard to complain after the drought we've had, but now the big worry is flooding (and hail, tornadoes). 

Time to change laundry and maybe get some crocheting in, too.  :)

Hi, peeps.

We went out this morning to buy another 33 pound bag of dog food...and after visiting with the kitties available for adoption (we were in Petsmart) I picked up a new toy for my grand kitty. DS will be going away for a long weekend soon and we go over to take care of her - and visit. She's so sweet that I just had to pick up a present for her.

Mary, I know what you mean about the energy kids have - especially boys! Too bad we can't bottle it!

Stay safe...

Hi to everyone.  DD & I went to a small wool festival at the Amanas today.  It was overcast and the temps were nice.  DD came home with some silk, and I came home with grey Alpaca and 2 - 4ounce rovings of 70% Blue Face Leicester wool and 30% Firestar (glittery stuff) in gold tones.  I can see the latter plied with the wool battings that I am making.

It was fun and a number of people we know were there.

We're relaxing now.  Discharge is unknown at this point.  We're taking things one day at a time, or an hour at a time.  Whatever it takes to get through the day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.  Take care.  :ghug 

Happy Mother's Day!

Yesterday I spent the day with my grandsons which was what I needed....it was the 16th anniversary of my moms passing and for some reason it really bothered me yesterday. She was a wonderful grandma to mine and my siblings children and it seemed fitting to spend the day being Grammie.

Dd and sil took belle to the vet. They did an ultrasound and biopsy and the cancer is not in her organs...I.e, liver spleen, but they did find some more in her lymph nodes. They are deciding how they are going to handle what to do. There is only a 50/50 chance chemo will make a difference.

We are heading over to their house for breakfast and later middle dd is going to meet us at Rutgers gardens.

Wishing you all a good day!!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Sounds like a fun time for the boys. I wish I had a bit of there energy to. I hope those storms let up for you guys soon.

Judy, My hubby scares easy to. Lots of nightmares. Have to be careful walking up behind him. It's cheaper buying things for your grand kitty then grandchildren. Lol! It's a shame what is going on with are police officers being killed by people who are the cause of them being there in the first place.

Joanne, Hugs, some years are harder than others for me with my dad. It's great that are grandchildren can help us through those sad times. Hubby tells Maya she is his sunshine.

Linda, Hugs, prayers continue for all of you. What is Joy going to make with her new silk? Your wool sounds scrumptious. What will you make with it?

Yesterday was Maya's dads birthday. So last night we went out to dinner at Outback. Today we will stop by my MIL. Hubby's brother ken who use to take her to coffee every morning isn't doing it any more since the big feud while we were in Texas. He has always been her favorite so I know it bothers her. It's a shame he his that way, but he always has been and there is no changing him.

DD and her family gave me a hydrangea for Mother's Day and Maya made me a bookmark.

Happy Mother's Day!  :flower   I hope that your all had a wonderful time with your families.  DGS came home this afternoon.  I'll be staying here until we both are sure that nothing is going to blow up now that things are returning to a more normal setting.  Some things have been disposed of and some things are locked up to the time being.  Just extra protection just in case.

We went to Orange Leaf for frozen yogurt on the way home.  It's always a real treat for him when we go there, and their special for today was that  all mothers ate free.  Nice for DD and me.  I really like not being limited to just one Maraschino cherry on top.  They have very good hot fudge topping too.  It may not be all that good for dieting, but it sure tasted good.

Linda, glad to hear gs is home and I hope that he does well. Positive thoughts and prayers for all. Middle dd and I stopped at the ice cream depot on the way back from Rutgers gardens. It was a nice treat on a hot day!! It is where we used to go when they were growing up.

Marlene, sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day.. I'm sure you will treasure the bookmark from Maya

We had a wonderful day yesterday and I'm sorry that it flew by so fast and here we are at Monday already!! At least ther is craft club tonight.

Hugs to all

Good morning. I spent my Mother's Day at work. It was extremely busy. I don't remember it being so unrelentingly busy at this time of year before. In winter, but not in spring. I came home to some beautiful hanging baskets on the front porch from da and youngest dd. da was here when I got home.

Linda, it's great that dgs was able to come home. I hope things go well for him

It's been gloomy and rainy here all weekend, and it's still pretty gloomy today. I have to go out for a haircut, but the rest of my day will be spent at home.

Have a great Monday, ladies.

Archived