Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Linda, It's so good that your there for DGS and DD.

My head feels awful! I hope it's better tomorrow as I need to go to the store. I'm off to bed. Hope everyone has a nice thursday!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning, peeps!

Cindy, that's an idea...off and on with the Pepcid. I always hate having to  give them something all the time unless absolutely necessary. And yes, Lucy is way too smart for a dog - and she's our 7the GSD and 8th dog (first was a Sheltie, and she was scary smart!)

We were watching the Yankees game in Detroit last night and saw the snow falling off and on - I was thinking of you!

Marlene, I hope you feel better today.

I got a close match for the yarn I needed (Michael's brand) and it blnds in pretty good, so I'm back at work.

Tomorrow at 9 I have an appointment to have a small lesion on my upper chest excised. It's so tiny, even I have to admit it would be overkill for a hospital visit. This surgeon did the one on my scalp last year, so she knows me and my "issues".... :lol So I won't be on here early tomorrow.

Have a good day my friends.

Good morning. We woke up to a thin layer of snow on the ground. It's only 30 degrees out there and overcast. I presume that it will melt today though.

No plans for anything very productive today. The grandsons are coming over. Tomorrow I work, then after work, I'm heading out to a bridal shower for my niece in Canada. It will be a busy weekend, then back to work again Monday.

Got another call from DD this morning.  They were both in tears by the time they got here.  GS calmed down first and after a bit so did DD.  She had a call in to his doctor.  Went off to work with hopes for a better day here.  I fed GS some oatmeal, gave him some extra antihistamine as he was really stuffy and sneezy, and he's now been asleep on my bed for the last three hours.  Hopefully the sleep will help with his mood.  We may be reevaluating plans for this weekend as that seemed to be one of the issues that came up this morning.  I feel so bad for them, but at least I'm now up here where I can help out.   :yes   This is the kind of thing that I couldn't do anything to help with when I was over 800 miles away in Georgia.   :no   Makes me ever more sure that the move back was the right decision for all concerned.   :yes

My shoulder is continuing to mend and haven't had as many problems with the hip either.   :cheer

I started a new shawl pattern last night while watching some of the shows on the food channel.  It's a four row repeat using yarn from my stash that I've had for a long time.  What makes it even better is that I have a ton of it and it only cost my 50 cents a skein when I bought it.  It has one row of triple triple crochets sandwiched in between rows with forward and backward post stitches which give it stability and texture.  The yarn is combed acrylic which makes it slightly fuzzy and super soft.  I got 6 1/2 rows done last night.   :D

Hope you all have a good day.   :hug

Linda, you're a great grandma...and I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling better.

I'm looking forward to seeing your new shawl.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Glad your there for DD and DGS. I hope all of you had a better day. Can't wait to see your shawl.

Cindy, Have a fun weekend! Safe travels!

Judy, Great job on the graph ghan! Good luck with your appt tomorrow.

Did a little bit better today. We went out and got groceries. Had supper and know were wiped. Hubby has a cold. They called and his motorcycle is ready. We won't go pick it up until monday. It's rather cold for a bike ride and being sick I'm not in no hurry to go get it.

Hope everyone has a nice friday!

Thought I would pop in and say hello. I hope everyone is doing well and feeling good. Hopefully the spring weather is being kind to you. We are having typical Alabama spring weather, rain, rain and more rain. But luckily no tornadoes!

I am working on a baby afghan and have started on a shawl for my mother for Mother's Day. It will be here before I realize it.

Judy, love your graph ghan. That is something I have never tried.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Good morning, all.  :)

Hi Jill ~ You sound busy with two projects going!  Shawls are such a wonderful gift - I know your mom will love it!

Judy ~ Wow!  You've really done a lot on the graph 'ghan!  I hope all goes well with the procedure this a.m. :hug

Linda ~ Yes, it's definitely a good thing that you moved to CR.♥  I'm so sorry that GS is having a rough time this week.  I hope he'll be much better today. :yes

Cindy ~ I hope your elbow is better.  You've been so busy rearranging and moving things with the remodel!

Marlene ~  Sending get well wishes for you and your DH. :hug  

We're having thunder and lightning already this a.m. and today is supposed to be stormy all day.  I'd planned to do some much needed shopping, but it can wait. 

Have a good morning!

Morning peeps.

Jill, there are so many video tutorials for graph ghans that if you ever want to try it I'm sure you can find a small project to start with. They are addictive!

Well, we're back from the doctor...and a quick trip to the food store. When they took my blood pressure...well, I'm glad DH wasn't there to hear it :eek ....the doctor is so sweet. I asked her if I could call her Doctor Lauren (her first name) because I love that name and it means a lot to me because of someone I know. She said of course. We talked during the thing. She's so soft spoken and calm. She says it seems to be a routine thing, so not to worry - though of course it's sent out anyway. Only 3 small stitches, to come out in 12 days.

Feel better Marlene. Hi to everyone else. Time for me to rest. I still feel shaky, so nothing on the agenda for a while

Hi, everyone.  GS made it to school today!  After I gave him the extra antihistamine he slept for 5 or 6 hours.  He seemed a lot calmer after that and something was working better because he's still at school.  I'll go over there in a little bit.

I slept in today and feel better.  My allergies are kicking up a fit.  I started using my backup, short term inhaler yesterday as my chest was feeling icky.  I see the doctor on the 1st.  Thank goodness.  This dropping down to once a day doesn't see to be working and I sure don't want a bout of bronchitis right now.   :sick

It's raining.  Don't know when it started, but I can see a mud puddle in the neighbors back yard.  Lovely.  Not.   :rain

Hope you all have a good rest of the day and a wonderful weekend.

Judy, I'm glad the procedure went well.  Take it easy today.

Jill, it's nice to see you again.

morning peeps.

Linda, I'm glad GS had a better time at school. At time it has to be so hard knowing how to help him.

It's freezing here....almost literally. We never remember it being so cold this close to May. The sun will warm us up to maybe 60 by late afternoon.

Marlene, how are you?

Mary, Cindy and everyone - enjoy the weekend.

I had a bit of an issue with the wound site last evening. The huge bandaid type bandage was itchy, so I was scratching a little at the top edge of the fabric and saw blood on my fingers. In retrospect I think there was a pool of blood under the bandage all day because I remember thinking it looked dark. Anyway, TG for hubby. He helped me clean up the mess ( I become a Victorian lady who swoons at the sight of her own blood) and treated it with neosporin and covered it again. It doesn't hurt at all this morning, but the allergic reaction and severe rash I had from whatever adhesive was used on the bandage nearly drove me crazy. Neosporin took care of that, tg.

BBL

Hello my friends.  It was still raining this morning.  The ground is saturated and goes squish when you step on it.  It was a cold rain and just totally miserable to be out in.  Sweet Pea had to make do with just one trip up and back in front of the apartment building instead of her usual two.   :rain

It's been a rough week for all of us.  GS did make it all the way through school, but the staff had to remove him from the car.  DD's been at her wits end.  Problems at work didn't help matters any.  My being short on sleep didn't help me cope.  The pollen isn't helping any or us either.  Way high.  The doctor had changed my inhaler to once a day and a different type.  I feel like I'm losing the battle of keeping my chest clear.  It's a good thing that I see her again on Friday.  I not sure whether to wish I end up with bronchitis by then or not.  If I do she'll get a first hand view of what it's like for me.  I'm now using the short time inhaler four times a day in addition to the once a day long term one.   :(

I'm hoping to accomplish something today, but not sure just what.  Even just one small project would be great.   :cheer

Well didn't get a lot accomplished today.  DD called me at 5:00 and was just bubbling over with excitement.  She bought a spinning wheel made by Rick Reeves.  It's a castle design done in walnut and it is stunningly beautiful.  Rick has hand made spinning wheels here in Iowa for a long time and DD now has two of his.  Both a beautiful.  She took the new one apart and polished and fed it and it is  ever so nice.  It needs just a couple of minor fixes and it will be up and running.  She is so happy with it.  It made me happy just to watch her caressing each part and giving it some much needed TLC.

'Morning, House.

Judy ~ Oh, hopefully, your incision is healing nicely and you won't have any problem from now on. :hug   Have you been able to get more crocheting done?

Linda ~ Sending hugs and positive thoughts that this will be a better week for you all. :manyheart:hug   I know you're looking forward to getting things straightened out at the doctor app't!  DD's new spinning wheel sounds wonderful!  I looked up Rick Reeves and he is so very talented. :yes   Love your new avatar!

We had more severe weather Friday evening.  They clocked the wind at 80 mph near us!  Thankfully, no more trees down...just small branches and leaves everywhere.  We cleaned most of that up yesterday morning and then went to Luke's baseball game.  Always good entertainment. :lol

Have a good Sunday, everyone. ♥♥♥

morning..

Mary, little one's babeball games are such fun! They can take your mind off anything. I have gotten some crocheting done. Not as much as I hoped, but it's getting there. High winds scare me...like when superstorm Sandy came through. Those 30 plus feet oak trees right behind out house looked awfully fragile then. At least we got rid of our pine trees long ago.

Linda, that doctor's visit can't come soon enough, I know...

Well, the incision looks clear but the entire area around it - i would call it sever dermatitis. Need to get cortisone cream today - when clothes touch it it feels just about as bad as the shingles I had years ago. I feel like I need to scratch the worst area! Nothing is easy with me....but,

It could always be worse.

Have a good one, my friends.

Judy ~ I hope you're much better by now. :hug   My sister Sue and I were just talking about getting a shingles vaccine...it's on my list for this week.

We are under almost every kind of watches/warnings that there are...again.  I keep the big closet under the stairs stocked with things as it is the safest place in our house.  (Of course, I have to take out vacuum cleaners and luggage so we can all fit in there. ;) )  The good news - I started a corner to corner granny baby 'ghan and I'm almost at the 1/2 way point.  Nervous energy!

It's been so quiet here and on the whole site.  I hope everyone is okay. :ghug

Morning peeps,

Mary, I remember way back when we lived outside of St. Louis, and being petrified most summer afternoons when the sky would darken and we would get the tornado watches and warnings. For this East Coast girl it was a scary time!

Looking forward to seeing the baby blanket you're making! That corner to corner pattern is one I've never tried. 

Well, the cortisone cream has turned me into a sane woman! I used it three times yesterday and this morning there's no itching and the redness and blotches have dramatically decreased! I'll see how it goes today and see if I even need it.

I'm on row 94 0f 150 of my graphghan :)

Hi to all those MIA....hope all is ok!

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Hoping your doing better today. I have a sensitivity to the tape and some band aids doctors use.

Linda, Hoping DGS has a better week this week. Hope your doing better. Hope your doctor listens to you and increases your inhaler use. It took my brother quite a long time before his doctor listened to him. DD deserves something good to after her last week. Hope you can share a picture of her new spinning wheel.

Mary, Hope you guys are safe after those storms last night. It's fun watching the grandkids playing sports.

Jill, I'm sure your mom will love her shawl.

Hi to Cindy and Joanne!

Hubby and I are feeling better. His motorcycle is ready for him to pick up so we came to DDS yesterday. She caught me just as we were heading out the door. Daycare lady her father in-law died so DD needs me to stay an extra night. DS had the kids this weekend, he hasn't seen them for a month and boy were they out of control. DS said Payton was in more trouble than he has been all his life. He said the doctor took him off his medicine on weekends. It doesn't sound like it was a good choice to me.

DD had a birthday Friday, mine is tomorrow and Jocelyn's is the 5th so we had cake and ice cream to celebrate.

Maya and I started a game of war last night hopefully tonight we will finish it. She and I play are games pretty competive. She's sensitive so I want her to know you have to be able to take a loss and it's okay. And she does.

Today I have to go get the plate for hubby's truck. When I got the plates renewed when I came home for my brothers funerali didn't renew it so now it cost me an extra 10.00.

Hope everyone has a nice Monday!

Hi House!

Judy ~ I'm so glad you're much better!  Congrats on the great progress on your graph 'ghan. :cheer

Marlene ~ Safe travels when you go back home.  Your time with Maya always sounds fun.  Luke can be a bit sensitive, too.  When we play card games, I always make him win fair and square. ;)  So glad you and hubby are better!

The worst storms (last night) missed us, but we still had high winds and small hail.  The thunder went on from about 8 to 3 a.m.  Needless to say, not much sleep for me last night.  Right now, another round is just west of us!  Really getting tired of this!

morning peeps!

Mary, when we get the thunderstorms here I don't sleep well, either - part of that is because Sparkie roams, looking for comfort and Lucy gets in his face like, "What's the problem, you baby?" :lol I hope you get a chance to take it easy today.

Marlene and Mary, when I used to sit with my neighbors DD when she was young we played a lot of board games. She and I are extremely competitive, so if she won she knew it was a real win! Today she's a softball player in HS, and still very competitive!

Well, the itching is hardly noticeable, except for one side of my neck where there are many tiny pimples that I can feel, so I'll stick with the cortizone cream for a while. I actually woke myself up last night as I started to scratch the area - tg it wasn't the stitches. They don't bother me at all. I just cover it with a bandaid if I'm wearing a shirt that will rub against them.

Off to the food store in a bit, then it will be more hook time for me.

Have a good one, my friends.

Good morning. The sun is shining brightly here, but it's cold. Wow, do my windows ever need washing! Nothing like a little sun to show up your housekeeping deficiencies!

It was a very busy weekend for me. My nieces shower was nice. I'm astounded by what is considered a suitable shower gift these days. In my day you got stuff like towels, kitchen utensils, small appliances. Now they are getting $50 to $100 gifts. I also had a really busy day at work yesterday, so all I really wanted to do when I got home was nothing! I didn't sleep well last night, but there isn't anything pressing on my agenda for today. While I was gone this weekend, Dh put new lights in my sewing room. Now I can see to work in there, so I might do a little sewing today.

Judy, sometimes cortisone seems like a miracle, doesn't it? Hope the rash subsides completely soon.

Marlene, my grandsons are better at games than I am. I don't have to let them win, but you'd think they'd let me win once in a while, wouldn't you? Glad you and hubby are feeling better.

Linda, I hope dgs has a better week. Your DDs new spinning wheel sounds absolutely wonderful. Hope the dr has some answers for you this week.

Archived