Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Judy, I'll bet the Ghan is stupendous!!!!!

What a change in weather. Hot and humid yesterday, 56, rainy today. Hope this weather clears up and warms up mid week. Not too warm, but higher than 56 would be nice.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening.  I ran some errands at WalMart today.  Went to the food section first and almost forgot what I originally went in for.  Got a bead box to hold all the supplies and beads in one spot and then when I got home I filled lots of little jars with the beads.  Of course, I had to let a few fall all over the place so will probably be finding them here and there over the next few days or weeks.  Picked up some new underwear.  Got the money order for this month's rent on the apartment.  Among all the food items I got two cartons of chocolate ice cream, some containers of caramel flan, tapioca pudding, crab salad, potato salad, and some other things.  I know, I shouldn't shop on an empty stomach, but what can I say, I got some goodies.

Sunshine today with temps in the 60s.  DGS made it to school today and got all caught up in math.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Hi House. :waving 

Judy ~ How are you doing with those 'ends?' ;)

Joanne ~ 56!  That's really chilly for June!  Our typical weather is back...the 90's are here.  What are working on now?

Linda ~ Your goodies from the store sound yummy.  I love crab salad and haven't made it in way too long!  So glad dgs had a good day at school yesterday. :yes

Marlene ~ Have you all been fishing again?  How is DD feeling? I hope her pregnancy is an easy one. :c9

Zoe had her annual check-up and rabies shot this a.m.  She was not a happy camper. :lol   I am so ready to stay home for a couple of days...and do nothing but crochet!  At least we're here for the afternoon. :)

Hi ladies. Nothing much happening here. I'm worked the weekend and then visited my brother and sister in law for a few days. Time to catch up on housework and laundry now since Thursday and Friday are work days again.

Judy ~ It's wonderful!  Your work is just gorgeous and something to be really proud of!  What do the children think of it? ;)

Hi Cindy!  We've missed you. :)  I hope you have a little time for you tomorrow!

Hi, all.  Went to the apartment for a couple of hours this afternoon.  DGS had a good day at school.  He and Mom are running some errands right now.   It's been a quiet day here.

Judy, that is a truly lovely graph 'ghan.

Poor Zoe.  "Nasty vet!  Why does he poke and prod me and give me shots.  I'm perfectly fine without that!"

Cindy, enjoy your time off.

Marlene, how is DD's pregnancy going?  Has Maya accepted the fact that there really is a baby coming?

Judy, love the graph Ghan True work of art!

Linda. Glad to hear that gs seems to be doing ok. All your beading activities sound like fun!!! And your shopping expedition woth the goodies make me hungry!!

Mary. I'm still working on DD's knit blanket. Did a few rows on the cardigan, messed up, and just put it aside until I finish the blanket. I'm sure Zoe was not happy about the shot

Belle is not going to get chemo...the odds were not great. She is on steroids now, though. Just a matter of time but right. Is she seems like her self. My dd has a small growth on her pituitary. She is thinking of having it spare moved after meeting with the endocrinologist. It is very small, she would be on medications for a couple of years and she didn't like some of the side effects. One of them being hypotension (low blood pressure) especially if getting up quickly. She is afraid that since she sometimes is alone with the boys overnight if my sil gets stuck at work that she could pass out if she had to get up quickly for one of the boys She is doing research and talking again woth her neurosurgeon. Luckily she is an or nurse who does a lot of cases with this doctor. She trusts him and his work.

We are all going down the shore for a week in sat We are going to long beach island. Dd, sil, the boys and my DD's mil and I. DH is just coming for the weekend. Can't wait. And hopefully, the rain and cool temps will be gone.

Hope you all have a good night.

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Your time away with the family sounds like a great time. I will be praying for DD. Hubby had the same thing as your DD many years ago. He took some meds for awhile but neither of us remember him having a problem. I hope there is an easy fix for her.

Linda, I hope DGS will enjoy beading with you this summer. Maya and I will be doing some with t-shirts. We did them this winter for are granddaughters. Glad DGS had a good day at school. When is school out for him? Payton and Jocelyn get out thursday, but Maya don't get out until monday.

Judy, Love the graphghan! What will your next project be.

Cindy, Missed you!

Mary, Hubby and I went fishing one day last week and only caught a few. He went out yesterday and caught 18. The bluegills are just starting to bed and that's when there easiest to catch. We only keep the males. We plan on going tomorrow. DD is doing better. She has had a sinus/allergy twice and went to the doctor last week. She had morning sickness pretty bad but that is almost past. She said she had morning sickness bad with Maya too. I dreamed last night that I was pregnant and had a baby girl. But I really think it must of been DD and she had a baby girl. We find out in July what she is having. Maya is pretty excited now. Hope you got some crochet time in.

Hubby had his first injection today for his back. It's been about 10 hours since he came out and right now he has no pain at all. It can take up to 3 days to take effect. We will see what tomorrow brings. We had lunch with my sister today. Made the rounds at all the cemetaries and watered the flowers.

Yesterday we went to see Gordy. He said the last couple of days he's been feeling better. His water retention is going down and they put him on some meds for depression. Maybe they will help him enough that he will be able to go down to pt. He can't walk right now. Pt there isn't like it is if you and I go. If he doesn't feel like going they say okay and go get someone else. No encouragement.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Hi, peeps.

Thanks for the compliments!

Mary, the closest the children got to the ghan is the fur that somehow managed to get into the black strands...lol. A major feat, considering that I worked on it in my sitting room, when is off limits 99% of the time.

I think vets who treat cats should wear chain mail gloves....

Joanne, that low BP is scary. I always have to sit up for a bit before getting out of bed. Always an adjustment standing up from a chair too. She has lots of info and a good doctor, so I know she'll make the best decision for her and the family.

Linda, it's good to hear about Dgs and his progress!

Marlene...maybe you do know the baby is a girl!

Cindy, do you like getting back in your routine or could you have used more R&R?

My next graph ghan will be a Yankee logo for my goddaughter's soon to be 14 yo brother...a Yankees fanatic. That and some knitting practice...

Have a good day!

Good morning ladies. It's a "beautiful day in the neighborhood". Ok, I know it's cheesy.....oh well. I'm taking the day off. I plan to plant the herb seeds that I bought yesterday, read, crochet, knit, go for a walk, whatever I feel like doing! Dh and I went out after dinner last night and picked up groceries. I might go to the greenhouse around the corner for some tomato plants today. I looked at them at Lowes last night, but they wanted $3.68 for a single plant. I can buy a lot of tomatoes at the farmers market for that amount of money. The greenhouse sells smaller plants and they grow their own, so no middleman. Hope they have some left, and that they are open today. They weren't open yesterday when we went by.

Joanne, a week at the shore sounds wonderful. Will you be in a cottage or condo, or in hotel rooms? Are you right on the water? I must have missed whether you were knitting or crocheting a sweater. Is it for you?

Judy, there is dog hair in everything I make, even though Sophie is limited to only certain rooms in the house. Sometimes there's some of my hair in there too!

Linda the beading sounds fun. I was really into making jewelry several years ago and still have some supplies. I ought to get them out and use them up. Are things generally improving for dgs? I'm glad he had a good day at school.

Marlene, hope DDs morning sickness passes soon. I never had it, but it certainly looks miserable. It's good to hear that Gordie is showing some improvement, hope hubby gets continued pain relief from his shot.

Mary, poor Zoe. Is she over it this morning?

Cindy, did you find any tomato plants? Your plans for the day sound wonderful.and I've found my hair crocheted into projects too. I think it's a nice personal touch...lol!

Cindy, did you find any tomato plants? Your plans for the day sound wonderful.and I've found my hair crocheted into projects too. I think it's a nice personal touch...lol!

I didn't go out,miso no tomato plants yet. I planted my herbs and some zucchini. One ir two zucchini plants ought to be plenty! I planted 8 of them and still have seeds left. I might be a dump and run zucchini drop off neighbor this year!

Hi Ladies,

Judy, I've been calling the baby a girl from the start. Hoping for a girl. Yankee ghan will be awesome!

Cindy, Sounds like a nice relaxing day you had planned.

Linda, I hate when I lose my post.

We went to see Mary tonight. She got a puppy. It's pomeranian. He is 9 weeks old and a cutie. She said Gordy has pneumonia setting in. He don't need this.

Tomorrow is Maya's birthday. She will be 9 years old. Time sure does fly.

I didn't go out,miso no tomato plants yet. I planted my herbs and some zucchini. One ir two zucchini plants ought to be plenty! I planted 8 of them and still have seeds left. I might be a dump and run zucchini drop off neighbor this year! :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol

I see a lot of zucchini bread in your future!

Would be nice if I said good morning first, instead of jumping right in!

Hi Ladies,

Judy, I've been calling the baby a girl from the start. Hoping for a girl. Yankee ghan will be awesome!

Cindy, Sounds like a nice relaxing day you had planned.

Linda, I hate when I lose my post.

We went to see Mary tonight. She got a puppy. It's pomeranian. He is 9 weeks old and a cutie. She said Gordy has pneumonia setting in. He don't need this.

Tomorrow is Maya's birthday. She will be 9 years old. Time sure does fly.

The puppy sounds cute. Is it a yapper? Little ones often are. Not that mine are all that quiet...lol! But having dogs is great. They can take your mind off things and also, we've learned, make you get up and move!

The Yankees logo project will be throw size, but I'll make a deep border for it to increase the size a little. It won't be a big blanket, but it'll certainly be a conversation piece.

Hi everyone.  I've just read all of your posts. :)  Our uverse was out almost all day yesterday, but we couldn't be here for the repair guy until today.  When we got home last evening, I tried all the same old things they tell you to do again and it came back! 

Our friend who lost his wife earlier this year has been in the hospital for over a week, but wasn't telling anyone!  DH has called him a couple of times and he never said a word.  He finally told us yesterday and of course we went to see him.  It's pancreatic cancer and he "didn't want to worry anyone" until the biopsy came back.  Bless his heart - he is truly a wonderful, kind person and has no one in this world except us and a couple of other friends.  We've started a list of things we can help him with and we'll see him again tomorrow - they may release him, but I can't imagine him being able to be alone.

Thank you for letting me talk this out...we need to tell Sarah and that's going to be very hard.  Jess is her godfather.

I think some time with my hook and yarn is in order. :manyheart

Hi ladies. I started out the day being on call for work, got called in around 10:30 and had a fun, but very busy afternoon. Now dinner is done and dh went to the nursing home to visit his folks. I opted to sit around at home.

I dropped stuff off at Goodwill on my way to work, but I still have many boxes full of stuff in the basement. I could probably fill my jeep 3 more times! I decluttered a ton of kitchen stuff with the remodel.

Mary, sorry to hear the bad news about your friend. Hugs for Sarah, for when you tell her.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Right now it is a yapper. It's afraid of us. He growled at me because I wanted to pet him. He curled into Mary as far as he could. It will certainly be a pal for her.

Mary, Sorry to hear about your friend. Hugs to all of you.

Hi to Cindy and the rest of the house.

My sister came up today. Hubby got the yamaha out for her to practice shifting on. She wants to get her endorsement. We went out for pizza then came back for a pontoon ride.

Maya went out for supper for her birthday and had her favorite chocolate chip pancakes and chocolate milk. We are going to her house tomorrow for the weekend.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Mary, I'm so sorry about Sarah's godfather...I'm sure you'll have the right words for her. You sound like such good friends. Things like this are so sad.

Happy Friday. I have to work 9:30-6 today, :-(. But, at least it's the last day before vacation!!, we are renting a house and I can't wait for some relaxation. Of course we will take the boys to old Barney. That is the lighthouse on long beach island. They are predicting a fairly nice weekend and maybe a rainy start to the week. Supposed to warm up though. Whatever it is, we will make the best of it.

Mary. So sorry about your friend. Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Judy... A Yankee Ghan sounds fun. I would love to try a graph Ghan. Thinking ny giants one. Are they hard to do?

Cindy. I love zucchini!!! Too bad I don't live closer. I would take some of it off your hands lol!!

Marlene have fun with maya celebrating her birthday weekend

Linda. Hope things are continuing to go well with gs!!! How's the beading coming along?

Well I guess it's almost time to head out to paradise,

Hi, everyone.  Today was DGS's last day of school and they let out early.  His backpack is crammed full of stuff.  He has three weeks of summer school starting Monday, but it's only a half day each day.  He'll be taking a computer programming class and a class about being an author which is mainly on writing.  Then he will be totally done until next fall. 

I didn't go out,miso no tomato plants yet. I planted my herbs and some zucchini. One ir two zucchini plants ought to be plenty! I planted 8 of them and still have seeds left. I might be a dump and run zucchini drop off neighbor this year!

Would love to be on the receiving end of your dump and run.  :lol   I don't know if our garden will actually get off the ground this summer of not.  So far it's still waiting for the raised garden part to be built.  :reyes   That's my DD's realm, not mine any more.  It would have been in the past, but not anymore.  It would have been easier to just till the ground, but DD has her own ideas on that.  Since it's her ground, I'll try to be patient.  :P 

Hi everyone.  I've just read all of your posts. :)  Our uverse was out almost all day yesterday, but we couldn't be here for the repair guy until today.  When we got home last evening, I tried all the same old things they tell you to do again and it came back! 

Our friend who lost his wife earlier this year has been in the hospital for over a week, but wasn't telling anyone!  DH has called him a couple of times and he never said a word.  He finally told us yesterday and of course we went to see him.  It's pancreatic cancer and he "didn't want to worry anyone" until the biopsy came back.  Bless his heart - he is truly a wonderful, kind person and has no one in this world except us and a couple of other friends.  We've started a list of things we can help him with and we'll see him again tomorrow - they may release him, but I can't imagine him being able to be alone.

Thank you for letting me talk this out...we need to tell Sarah and that's going to be very hard.  Jess is her godfather.

I think some time with my hook and yarn is in order. :manyheart

Glad you got your uverse up and running, Mary.  Pancreatic cancer is no fun.  Hope your friend has a fairly easy time of it.  I'm glad he's got you for a friend.  That will help tremendously.  Is he going to try to fight it?  My dad tried to fight it unsuccessfully.  Of course, that was a lot of years ago and the treatments have changed in the time in between.  It's still one of the most deadly kinds.  Will say some prayers for him.  :hug 

It's supposed to be in the high 70s to mid 80s for the next five days, which will be really nice. 

Hope you all have a good weekend.  :ghug 

Hi, peeps!

Joanne, once you get the hang of changing colors it's not hard at all. There are lots of very simple patterns out there that you can use to get your feet wet...and of course, YouTube, for instructions on the color changes.

I wound the colors for the Yankees ghan into smaller balls before starting it, but I'm not able to sit for long - too much sitting in soft chairs has given me what DS thinks is likely bursitis and something else I can't remember in my hip. Ice and heat are my friends now. He says it'll pass in 2/3 weeks. So...I'm like a gnat, flitting from place to place. At least it doesn't interfere with my sleep!

Enjoy the weekend, my friends,

Archived