Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Judy ~ I hope you had a great time with your friends today.  Such good news about Sparkie!

Linda ~ That quote was definitely written with you in mind. :D  You are so talented at so many things!  I can follow the graph patterns, but do much better with written patterns.  The plan for dgs's meds sounds like a good idea...I know it can take a long time to get them just right.  Sending positive thoughts to all three of you. :manyheart

Cindy ~ Do you have to work this weekend?  I hope everything is going well.

DD and DH had a ball at the tournament today, even with on and off rain.  It's been a long time since the two of them spent time together...but she's still her daddy's baby. :)   I thoroughly enjoyed the quiet time.  In between rain showers, I took Gracie out.  Other than that I crocheted and cleaned up DH's Mac.  He can't really see well enough to install updates, etc. He has emails and history going back 1½ years!!!  Of course, I didn't delete emails except for ads and junk - I put the others in folders.  He's always had a problem getting rid of things. ;)

Have a good evening, everyone. ♥♥♥

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got all the ends woven in on my child's ripple afghan.  It's made from Stylecraft DK yarn, colors fondant (pink) and wisteria (lavender).  Now I'm ready for some quickie projects before I start another time consuming one.  LOL  Each ripple is 11 sc each side of the ripple, that's a lot of sc's! but it is one of my favorite patterns.

post-23508-0-72296800-1432356418_thumb.jpg

:rain  Good Morning, House. :)

Jill ~ The afghan is beautiful. :c9   Your work is just perfect and I love the colors!  And what an adorable doll!

Even more rain headed our way for the next few days!  We've already had more rain than we had all of last year or the year before...we may really need that ark. Lol

Good morning house. Sun is shining here!

Jill, I love your afghan. Sc is so effective for ripples...but soooo time consuming. I started one a few years ago, but didn't have the patience to finish.

I'm off this weekend, but I work Monday. We are sticking around home. I read that this is predicted to be the busiest Memorial Day weekend in 10 years. I detest crowds, so we will stay here. Last night dh and I sat by a campfire with a glass of wine, and just enjoyed a beautiful evening.. We might do that again tonight. Pretty soon it will be too hot for a fire. This afternoon we will likely go out and walk on one of the many local trails, unless it gets a lot warmer. (Dh hates heat!)

Work continues to be extremely busy. I'm worked in the cardiac ICU again yesterday. That's the second time in a week. For some reason, that unit can't hang on to their staff.

Mary, my nephew in Houston had his house flooded because of all their rain. Hope it's not as bad where you are.

Good morning everyone.  It's another beautiful, sunny day here.  Hope you all have a good day.

Jill, that baby blanket is absolutely lovely.  You do great work.

Mary, stay safe in all the rain. 

Cindy, your evening campfire sounds super nice. 

hi, peeps!

Jill, that blanket is gorgeous I love working with Stylecraft....

Hi to everyone else!!

Hi Ladies,

Jill, Your afghan is beautiful! The colors are perfect.

Linda, I hope everything works out for DGS to have a better week at school.

Cindy, I read on the Lansing State Journal website we are in for a longer summer this year as memorial weekend is early and labor day weekend is later. They to even the warm days when we get them as we are going to have a cool summer this year. You may get in a lot of bonfires this year.

Judy, Glad Sparky is doing better.

Mary, Glad you got some me time. The pond across the street from us in Texas is full. It hasn't been in 6 years. I hope the rain stops real soon down there. Corpus Christy has had 12 inches already this month and more to come. I turn on the weather channel every morning to see what is going on.

Hubby had an appt with a pain clinic this week and we are hoping they can help his back. We went to a garage sale yesterday and bought a pontoon. Now to find a trailer to move it home. The seller said if we have to there is a place not to far away that we can rent one. They didn't even have it listed in there ad in the paper. He said he posted it to his facebook page and people shared it and he received lots of calls of people wanting to come and look at it but all had been no shows. Can't wait to go to the bank tuesday to get the money. Then we have to find someone who has a right of way to let us put it in. They tell you because you live on the lake it's not for you to use. Well there is no way to put it in on are lot. The old one we bought from someone on the lake.

We also purchased a gazebo for the deck so we have some shade when we sit out there and need it. I just hope it is heavy enough to with hold the winds we can get here. It's a lot sturdier than the one I bought a few years ago.

Today I went to an open house for DD's godson. So I got to see DD and Maya. I had a nice chat with a lady I didn't know but I went to school with her baby sister and we knew a lot of the same people from are hometown. She graduated with one of my uncles.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Hi all,

I ended up with a doozy of a cold. Started Wednesday. I took off work Thursday, I had to go to work on Friday or I wouldn't get paid for the holiday. I was able to work 1/2 day and go home. I promptly went to bed. I'm finally starting to feel better, but have some lingering congestion. We are going to DD's for a bar b que this afternoon.

DH and I went down to the bay yesterday to soak up some sun and vitamin d. It was chilly and we each had on sweatshirts but it was nice. Took a nap when we got home.

Jill, the blanket is so pretty!!! Good for you sticking with it with all the sc !!

Judy. Glad to hear sparkie is doing better. My dd has had pet insurance for a while. She was able to get a discount for it from work Belle is on steroids now

Linda. Hope the med adjustments work out for gs. It can be so frustrating when adjusting meds to find out just the right dosage and time good luck with the shawl

Cindy. A glass of wine by the fire sounds ideal!!enjoy your day off today.

Mary. Hope the rain stops and you didn't get any flooding. It's nice that DH and dd had a day together......and you got some me time.

Marlene. You have been getting some good deals on all sorts of things!! Hope you fond a place for the pontoon

DH has gotten up so I'll go put on the coffee and start the day

Happy Memorial Day!!! Thank you to all those who have served this great country of ours so we can enjoy the freedom that we do !!!!

'Morning, everyone. :)

Joanne ~ Oh, so sorry about the cold. :hug   Good for you for getting extra rest...it's got to help some!

Marlene ~ I had to laugh when I read your post.  Years ago, my sister and her DH bought a boat when stopping by a yard sale...they didn't know it was for sale, either. :)   I hope your DH finds something for his back.  For now, the doctor is treating my DH's back with mega doses of Tylenol and no heavy lifting...they're hoping it will eventually heal on its own.

Linda ~ I hope you all are having a good weekend!  Have you gotten back to the shawl yet or are you taking a break from it?

Cindy ~ Your relaxing evenings sound wonderful. :yes   Are you enjoying your brand new kitchen?  I don't like crowds, either!

We are fortunate to live in a higher area and have no flooding problems.  Our neighbor said the creek between here and town is over the road, but we have another route if we need to go somewhere...which I don't plan on!  Another 2 inches overnight and sirens going off...another very long night. :yawn

Hi peeps,

We've been out already and will be going back out much later today to visit our grandkitty. DS is away for a much needed break.

Posting on my Fire so will end here...I read everyone's posts. .

Good afternoon, everyone.  I didn't make it to church today.  Instead I got some very much needed extra sleep.  DD and DGS did go.  Today way sundae Sunday which thrilled DGS.    I feel much better for the extra sleep. 

Sorry about your cold, Joanne.  Hope you feel much better soon. 

Mary, it's nice that you are getting some much needed rain, but it sure sounds like it could be better spaced out instead of tons all at once.  How's your furbaby doing and how much longer does she have to be on leash?

I've restarted the shawl and I think that I've figured out the problem with the chart  I was having thanks to the printout of the written instructions.  Hoping to succeed this time. 

Hope you all have a wonderful day and weekend.

Judy ~ Awww, what a beautiful grandcat!  I'm glad your DS is taking a vacation...I bet he's super busy with his practice!

Linda ~ Yes, it would be wonderful if we could get some of this rain in July and August!  The sun actually poked through this afternoon, but they're saying 80% chance again tomorrow.  Yikes!  Good for you for getting extra rest this morning. :manyheart

I will not be the least bit offended if you all call me crazy. :D   I'm making another hexagon 'ghan with the same colors.  I have all the colors and had 4 hexagons left over from the first...they'll be a great take along project.  Gee, not too creative, though. :lol

We're grilling chicken and corn on the cob for dinner since it's not raining.  Have a good evening, friends.

Hi House. :)  

Joanne ~ Oh dear, if you're on the 4th does that mean I need to make two more of these to keep up? :lol

We've been out to the store and lunch...severe storms are on their way and we wanted to be home before they arrive.  We drove down to the lake that is only about 2 miles away just to see it full for the first time in years!  It's definitely full and the marina can only be reached by boat!  People were kayaking where there is normally a parking lot. 

I hope everyone is having a good day.  I am always thankful for our veterans and all they have given up for America.

Beautiful grandkitty, Judy.  A quiet day here so far. 

Saturday afternoon the church held a workshop in making Anglican prayer beads.  At least 20 people joined in and there were no two alike.  Each reflected the individuality of the person making the prayer beads.  DD's was dainty, DGS's was shiny, and mine was much longer and more intricate than most.  We shared beads and ideas and in general had a good time.  I had to restart mine after we got home as I needed a lot more string for the beads than most of the others.  The gal beside me also ran out of thread within two inches of the end of hers and was going to have to redo hers.  Several had done them before and turned out more than one in the time we were there.

Mary, that's a lot of water!  Stay safe there.

It's good to remember the many people who have fought to keep our country safe and united and to help others have freedom, too.  My dad and his older brother were both in WWII.  Uncle Bob is buried in Italy where he died.  My ex's dad fought in WWI. 

Hi ladies. I spent the day on call for work. Dh is really busy, so he worked all day, while I read a book. It's humid, windy and rainy here. I could hear limbs falling in the woods when I was sitting out on the porch.

Judy, that is a very cute kitty.

Joanne, 4 garter stitch blankets! Your knitting skills must be very good by now! Actually, I think I've made 7 or 8 corner to corner baby blankets. Sometimes I just need something mindless.

We went down to ocean grove today. It was beautiful walking along the boardwalk looking at the ocean. We ate lunch outside wandered through the shops and had a very, nice relaxing day!!!

Hi, peeps,

Joanne, I'll bet you're asking yourself where did the weekend go!? I love Ocean Grove...it reminds me of a New England beach town.

Hot and blech here...already did our food shopping.

Take care, my friends!

'Afternoon, ladies. :)

Linda ~ The prayer beads sound beautiful!  What a nice way to spend time with family and friends. :yes  

Cindy ~ Good for you for relaxing yesterday - well, as much as you can relax when you're on call! 

Joanne ~ Your time at the shore sounds wonderful!  So often I wish we weren't so far from the coast - and it's been way too long since we've been!

Judy ~ How is Miss Grandcat? :)

Hi to the rest of the house, too. :manyheart

Again, the worst of the storms missed us last evening.  And...more of the same later today!  It's so sad to see the devastation from the flooding and tornadoes. We have been very fortunate.

I think it's time for some crocheting. :hook

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Glad you guys are safe from all the flooding. I chatted with are niece near Houston and she said they are okay. I'm going to call my sil shortly. We have a lady who posted pictures of both of are ponds in the park. They are pretty full. I hope it quits raining there soon.

Judy, Pretty grandkitty!

Joanne, Hope your almost over your cold and feeling lots better.

Linda, Your prayer beads sounds lovely. Hope the shawl pattern works out for you now.

Cindy, It was a nice quiet weekend here to.

We have rain coming and it is suppose rain all night when it starts any time. We went to the bank then to pick up the pontoon. It is now in the water. Tomorrow it isn't suppose to rain so we take it for a ride and maybe even get some fishing in. Hope everyone has a nice night.

Hi, Mary - Miss Grandcat is so sweet. She's gentle when she approaches your lap - loved playing with the new catnip toy we got for her to perk up the visits...all fun stuff. And she purrs like a motorboat when we're with her!

So glad everyone here seems to be safe. That flooding is so scary, and the people that died. So sad.

Yes, Judy, I was thinking "where did the weekend go?" Today when I left work, I couldn't believe how hot and humid it was. My car thermometer said 92 degrees at 4:30!!!!!

The flooding in TX is unbelievable!!!! Praying for all affected !!!

Good morning. Breezy, and very humid here. Yesterday it rained all day. Today is laundry and cleaning here, plus I have a meeting at four. Tomorrow I teach all day.

My nephew in Houston posted pictures of his house with the drywall ripped out halfway up the wall. Luckily they have flood insurance. Still, I'm sure it's very discouraging. There are a couple of neighborhoods near us that flood every spring. Many years the water is high enough that even the roads are impassable. People insist on staying in those houses though, because they are on the river. Insurance costs must really be something else.

Joanne, I saw your shore picture on Facebook. It looked so relaxing. it would not occur to us to go near a beach on Memorial Day. Every beach is packed with people that day. Even though we are inland, Lake Michigan has miles and miles of beautiful white sand beaches. I've read that Oval Beach in Saugatuck was once named one of the top beaches in the world.

Well, better get back to my housework......

Archived