Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Officially on vacation!!!!

Judy, I hope your hip heals quickly.

Linda. Enjoy the summer and I hope that gs has fun with those summer classes. They sound interesting!!!!

Wishing you all a great weekend!!!!!

Now to watch the Yankee game and knit a bit

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies. The sun is shining, birds are singing, it's a beautiful spring morning.

I worked yesterday, and then did laundry last night. Some vacuuming and a run through the bathrooms and things will be presentable enough to suit me. The rest of the day will be spent outside. Dh went to visit his mom, as she called last night, saying she is confused about her pills. Its always hard to know if mil is crying wolf or genuinely in need, so generally we take her seriously. Dh plans to set up her pills in pill containers for the next two weeks, and that way we will also know if he needs refills in plenty of time as well.

After he finishes with his mom, he's going to see if he can find tomato plants, (and probably a few other things as well.)

Joanne, enjoy your vacation. Will you be close to the water?

Good Morning.  You all are so wonderful ~ thank you for the comforting words and hugs. :manyheart   Most days I can handle pretty much anything, but lately that's been harder to do. ;)

Joanne ~ Have a fabulous vacation! 

Judy ~ Oh, I'm so glad you have your DS for help and advice!  Feel better very soon. :hug

Marlene ~ Have a wonderful time with Maya and family.  I hope your weather is good for the trip. :yes

Cindy ~ I laughed when I read your post about zucchini. :)  We used to have room for a big garden and I remember begging people to take some...it's fun to watch it grow, though.  My tomatoes are doing great and I noticed a couple are turning color already.

Linda ~ Good news that school is out...and hopefully the half days of summer school will go by quickly!  Are you beading, knitting, crocheting, spinning or all of the above? :D   How is Miss Sweet Pea?

Hi to everyone at our house!

I was out in the yard at 6:15 watering and fertilizing flowers and herbs.  It's been in the low 90's so things are needing it since the rain stopped a week ago.  I've had 5 orders this past week!  I packed up two this a.m. and will mail them Monday. :)

Happy Sunday!  It's definitely June in Texas...90* already.  :eek  I'm trying to get out in my yard really early and catch up from the 5 weeks of rain.

41 hexagons made and ends woven in!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. :manyheart

Hi, Mary

That's a lot of hexes!!

I'm sitting on our back patio with the dogs right now. It's nearly 5 PM and very windy and cool. I'd better enjoy it now. Rain tomorrow and summer like temps are coming this week. Not my favorite weather, as you all know.

Have a good night my friends.

Well, the house is very quiet lately. :)  The whole 'Ville seems very quiet...it must be summertime! 

Hi, hon....it's really summer here today. The wind is very strong and we're due for Boomers tonight.Sparjie will cuddle on the floor not far from me.

I need to pick up my hook - frogged the beginning 16 rows of the Yankees ghan because when I started the graph row I saw the starting chain was incorrect as printed in the pattern. The graph wouldn't have fit! Haven't touched it since I did that. I think I need to play with my knitting. I'm enjoying the continental method rather than the throw. Getting very comfortable with it , and I'm using metal needles :yes  My next thing once my speed is up will be to try baby hats,

Have a good night everyone.

Hi ladies. Work was relatively quiet today, for a change.

It's summer here too, hit and humid. We also have thunderstorms in the forecast. Sophie doesn't care about thunder and lightening. She will sleep right through it. Our last Brittany wasn't afraid of storms either. I wonder if it's because they are bred to hunt!? Both Sophie and our last dog loved fireworks too.

The zucchini I planted has sprouted. Every single seed is up! Guess we will have plenty of zucchini this summer!

Hi to everyone.  Sounds like lots of fun things going on.  DD, DGS, two friends, and I went bowling over the weekend.  And, yes, I actually bowled.  It's a good thing they had bumpers in the gutters though otherwise my score would have been a big fat ZERO!  It has been years, and years, and years since I last bowled.  At that time my average was around 140 to 150.  Best game ever was a 200.  Boy have I ever forgotten what to do with the ball.  :lol   My form was non-existent.  I now remember why I had a 16 pound ball, too.  It was the only way to control the wicked across-the-body arm sweep that I have.  With a 9 pounder my control was not there.  My footwork also left a lot to be desired.  It was fun and that was the main thing.  I might even try it again. 

I had a med check-up with the doctor today and she was super pleased with the way the new drugs and/or dosages were working.  So am I.  I do need to lose about 15 pounds, but will work on that more when stuff calms down around here.  It's still a bit of a zoo, but it's better than it was a month ago.  That's progress in the right direction.

I had ordered some crosses from China for making into the prayer beads.  Didn't expect them before June 16th at the earliest and possibly as late at the end of July.  Surprise!  They were in my mailbox today!  :yay   They are even nicer than the pictures.  I'm very, very pleased.  Over the weekend I made a necklace out of a butterfly pendant and pink, turquoise, and crystal beads.  I like it a lot. 

Joanne, hope you have lots of fun on vacation.

Hi, peeps!

Joanne, once you get the hang of changing colors it's not hard at all. There are lots of very simple patterns out there that you can use to get your feet wet...and of course, YouTube, for instructions on the color changes.

I wound the colors for the Yankees ghan into smaller balls before starting it, but I'm not able to sit for long - too much sitting in soft chairs has given me what DS thinks is likely bursitis and something else I can't remember in my hip. Ice and heat are my friends now. He says it'll pass in 2/3 weeks. So...I'm like a gnat, flitting from place to place. At least it doesn't interfere with my sleep!

Enjoy the weekend, my friends,

Joanne, I haven't done a graph 'ghan, but I've done a number of sweaters and vests with pictures on the front of them.  Like Judy says, having the yarns that are in the graph in small balls make the color changes much easier to do.  :yes

Good Morning.  You all are so wonderful ~ thank you for the comforting words and hugs. :manyheart   Most days I can handle pretty much anything, but lately that's been harder to do. ;)

Linda ~ Good news that school is out...and hopefully the half days of summer school will go by quickly!  Are you beading, knitting, crocheting, spinning or all of the above? :D   How is Miss Sweet Pea?

Mary, I'm doing a little bit of everything with a lot of reading thrown in for good measure.  Miss Sweet Pea is doing well.  The cats are pretty used to her now.  The two she chases will now tease her into chasing them.  That is sooooo funny to watch.  But they will now sit beside her without a problem. 

Cindy, I'm glad work isn't too crazy for you.  Congratulations on the zucchini plants.  I don't know if our garden will actually make it in the ground this year or not.  It's getting late for some things already. 

Hope everyone has a good week.  :manyheart

Hi ladies. Work was relatively quiet today, for a change.

It's summer here too, hit and humid. We also have thunderstorms in the forecast. Sophie doesn't care about thunder and lightening. She will sleep right through it. Our last Brittany wasn't afraid of storms either. I wonder if it's because they are bred to hunt!? Both Sophie and our last dog loved fireworks too.

The zucchini I planted has sprouted. Every single seed is up! Guess we will have plenty of zucchini this summer!

Yay for zucchini!!

Could be why your dog's are like that...I would think that breeding for a specific purpose like that would make a dog have an even temperament.

Linda, it sounds like you're doing some good, fun things these days. So glad to hear it...and I know your beading projects are going to be beautiful. You have a great eye for color. Looking forward to seeing pictures!

Hi ladies. Had another decent day at work. I worked in cardiac ICU again. I've worked there more than in my own unit lately. One of their doctors told me that I should transfer over there. They have a hard time keeping staff so many of their nurses are quite inexperienced. I like my own unit a lot though, so I wouldn't do that.

We had thunderstorms overnight and it looks like there are more on the way. At least I won't have to water my garden.

Linda, I haven't bowled in years, and I was never really that good at it. Your head project sounds so pretty.

Joanne, hope you are having a great vacation.

Judy, at least you figured out the graph wouldn't work relatively early on. I've been knitting lately too. I sometimes find it more relaxing than crocheting, maybe because I've accepted the fact that I'm slow and I can just relax and enjoy it.

Mary, I feel like your Etsy shop is doing really well. I've heard of shops that have only a sale or two a month.

Morning, peeps.

Cindy that's how I felt yesterday watching our tropical style deluge...I haven't had to water in almost a week! And you're right about knitting. I'm so slow!

:reyes  :reyes  :reyes Hello everyone.  It's been an upsetting week so far.  Monday night somewhere between 8:00 and 10:00 pm my car was vandalized.  Someone climbed up on the trunk and broke out the real window.  There was glass all over the back seat and outside of the car and on the street.  Nobody heard them do it, but the neighbors were super supportive and helpful.  I filed a police report, but they didn't even bother to come out and look at it.  I then called the insurance company and they said it wasn't covered.  I was so upset that I couldn't sleep.  Finally dozed for a couple of hours after DD got up.  Later dozed for a couple of hours in the early afternoon.  Went with DD and DGS for a doctor appointment where DGS got a shot.  He is super afraid of needles, but we got him to calm down and relax and it was almost painless much to his delight.  Then out to supper at an Italian restaurant.  Last night I slept the clock around and feel much, much better.  The window will be fixed tomorrow.  This weekend is the Iowa Sheep and Wool festival.  I'll be taking a Saori weaving class.  I'll know more about that type of weaving after the class than I do now.  :lol   It sounded very interesting.   It's also my birthday present from DD.  :P   She took it last year and has been doing some rather spectacular stuff since then.  :reyes  :reyes :reyes  

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Sorry to hear about your car. Enjoy the class this weekend. Maya's birthday party was a bowling party. The kids had a great time. We use to be on bowling leagues and really enjoyed it.

Cindy, You have lots of zucchini coming your way.

Judy, Hope your feeling better. Way to go on catching the error.

Joanne, Hope your enjoying your vacation.

Mary, Way to go on more orders.

We had a nice time at Maya's last weekend. Saturday morning we went to a subdivison garage sales. DD picked up a baby bed that expands with the baby, a swing and a few baby clothes. I picked up a slim Christmas tree. I'm going to take my big one down. I'm not going to get rid of it yet though because I'm not sure how i'll feel about it when Christmas comes.

We've went and seen Gordy last night. Mary said he had a bad breathing problem sunday. I noticed yesterday it seemed like he was breathing harder. They moved him to a new room last week. He has been going down to the dining hall for lunch.

We have dentist appts in the morning and hubby has another pain clinic appt friday so we are staying over night with my sister.

My mom called this afternoon to tell me my cousin lost her son. He's a little bit younger than my kids. He was at a graduation party sunday and got light headed and dizzy and almost passed out. Everyone told him he better go to the doctor. My cousin who called my mom his uncle said he don't know if he did or not.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week.

Good morning. So far it looks like a nice day. Dh said something about rain though. Today's plans include a mammogram and grocery shopping.

I put all those zucchini plants in the garden yesterday. I had started them in a big flowerpot. (DH: I think we should just throw half of them away! Who needs that much zucchini?"). Guess who doesn't care for vegetables? Those things must grow an inch a day!

Linda, I am so sorry about your car. So many people have absolutely no respect anymore. It's not only the damage to your possessions that is bothersome, but also the feeling of unease because an unknown someone has been in your space.

Marlene, I'm sorry to hear about your cousins son.

My mil is having a cardiac stent placed on Friday. They say she should be able to go home the same day. My sister and brother in law are coming from Indiana to be with here, and are staying here. Guess I ought to run a duster through the guest room. Saturday we have a family reunion to attend.

Hi, everyone....on my kindle so won't post much...other than to say if that were my car, Linda, I would have been beyond angry!!!! And insurance companies...Yuck.

Hi ladies. :)   The last couple days have been non-stop and it's so nice to be home all day!

Hi Jill!  It's always nice to see you pop in. :yes

Judy ~ Oh, I'm glad you caught the pattern error before you went any further!  We're about ready for some more rain...upper 90's and full sun sure dries things out fast.

Linda ~ I'm so sorry about your car. :hug   I'll never understand why people do these things!  Great news about your doctor appointment, though!  I just googled saori weaving...it looks beautiful and what fun that you're taking the class.  :)

Cindy ~ Love the zucchini stories. :lol   It brings "Jack and the Beanstalk" to mind. lol  I hope your MIL's procedure goes well.

Marlene ~ Maya's party sounds like so much fun!  I am so sorry about your cousin's son. :hug

Hi to anyone I've missed. :manyheart

Laundry is going, bills are paid, the house is not getting cleaned today and I'm going to crochet. :)

Hello everyone.  Today it's raining and cloudy.  We're in the process of getting ready for the weekend.  DGS has his clothes in the washer.  When he's done I'll get mine in.  When DD gets home with my car I think I'll go over to the apartment and gather up some special yarn to take with for the weaving class.  Either tonight or tomorrow.

The vandalism felt so traumatic emotionally.  I felt violated on a very basic level.  I'll feel much better when it's back together again.

Good Saturday morning, friends!  It's hot and muggy, so I'm staying inside today. :)

Linda ~ Have a wonderful time at the festival and at your weaving class!  I hope your car is all cleaned up and the window replaced.  It is traumatic to know that someone violated your space and your belongings...sending gentle hugs to you. ♥ :hug  ♥   The worst we've had was at our last house.  I had 7 or 8 pumpkins on the porch and steps...at least one shattered our storm door and the rest were smashed all over the place.  We had security cameras installed after I spent a week without sleeping.

Just doing a little cleaning this morning so I can crochet later. ;)   I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Good morning!

What a wonderful vacation we all had at Long Beach Island--the house we stayed in was perfect and the weather cooperated! We had a chilly start to the vacation, but there was sunshine! Not one rainy day!!! the boys thoroughly enjoyed themselves- we went to the ocean and to the children's beach on the bay- that was really the ideal spot for them to go in the water, play in the sand and on the playground. The water in the bay was really quite comfortable for this time of year and the best thing is it is fenced in. The boys and DD and SIL took them on "adventures" out to the fence and the water was up to Robbie's shoulders at the fence- so it is the perfect spot for little ones. We went to Fantasy Island where they have rides, and we played mini golf! Ryan won a free game so we went back another day- Robbie didn't really get the concept, naturally , but Ryan did and he loved it!

One night after dinner, we went down to the ocean and flew a kite! They loved it! 

We went to the Barnegat Lighthouse and they boys climbed to the top with the help of DD and SIL---I stayed down--217 steps to the top is a little more than I wanted to handle...LOL--they waved from the top and said I looked like a bug...LOL

The adults had game night every night- and it was fun to relax and enjoy each other's company- we didn't have the TV on at all the whole vacation!!! This vacation brought back such fond memories of when we went to LBI when my girls were young and my parents came with us. DD wants to do this every year--- :-)

Tomorrow is back to reality and work ....but plan on enjoying this last day of vacation....Now to go back and catch up on what everyone has been up to.......

Have a great day!

Hi, ladies!

Joanne, so glad your time with family was such fun!

....updated row count on graph: 33/110

Hi House. :waving

Joanne ~ What a wonderful vacation!  Yay for good weather and fun activities.  I bet the boys loved the beach...and probably slept well, too. ;)

Judy ~ Great progress on your newest graph 'ghan!  Almost 1/3rd of the way there already!

We were at DD's from about 8:30 until 5 taking care of Luke and Zach.  We played outside and inside...Grammy is tired. :lol  DH fixed quesadillas for supper and they were delicious!  It's going to be an early night for me.

Have a good night, everyone. :manyheart

We are back from the Iowa Sheep and Wool Festival.  We drove over on Friday night and spent the whole day there on Saturday.  Today DD had a class in Basket Making and turned out a lovely basket.  I had the Saori Weaving class yesterday which was a blast.  I had a lot of fun, got to see how lots of different yarns and rovings can enhance the weaving, got to try out using a boat shuttle, and how two weave with two yarns at the same time to make dual color patterns.  All in all a wonderful experience.  :D  The projects we made with mostly the same things turned out so differently for each of us.  It was fascinating to see the different finished products.  Not only were the projects in different colors and textures, but in different lengths as some of us were faster at picking it up and doing it.  I definitely had glittery yarn included in mine.  :lol  It made for lots of nice contrasts between colors.  I have to finish knotting the fringe.  Then I'll try to get a picture of it to post.

The weekend was hot and humid, but no rain until just before we left.  :) 

Joanne, it sounds like you all had a good time on vacation.  I can see why DD and SIL want to repeat it since it was such a success.

Mary, rest up from all that activity with the grandsons.  Sounds like you had a good time, too.

Hope you all have a good week.  :manyheart   :ghug 

Archived