Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi peeps.

I straightened out my yarn bins again ...as well as uncluttered my sitting remember ok in general. I joined 2 mystery CALs too, one starts this month and the other next month. For one I actually had enough colors to not have to use scraps. The other will be made using my leftovers.

Cindy, I still have at least 3 wips to work on, too, but I need the group vibe and using g up what I have is a great incentive.

I can't deal with the humidity, too.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi House. :)

Linda ~ Oh, I do hope dgs is still better since going back to the other meds. :hug   Have you been able to do any more crafting?

Cindy ~ Your day trip sounds like so much fun!  Great find on the baskets. :yes  

Judy ~ You and Cindy both need an intervention! :D   Kidding, of course...the CALs sound fun and will be great stashbusters! 

I bought groceries and went to Toys r Us...we needed a bigger play pool for the boys.  I also got a Slip and Slide and some squirt guns. They will be here the week after next and I'm trying to figure out how to keep them busy for 5 days! ;)

Mary, I think you're right on target with outdoor activities for the kids. On rainy days I had bookmark making day with DS: manila folders, felt and stars, scissors and glue. I still have mine from over 35 years ago..a bit battered, but it says Mommy on it....

Hi ladies. Not much going on here the past couple of days. I worked today, and it wasn't particularly busy. Hopefully tomorrow will be quiet as well.

Mary, the boys won't want to go home with all the fun you have planned for them!

Hi, Cindy. Not much going on here, either. Been crocheting when I can. My hands seem to be hurting these days and it doesn't seem to matter whether or not I'm crocheting. My projects will eventually get finished, though. I'm determined

'Morning, all. :)

Judy ~ Thank you for mentioning the bookmarks!  Luke loves to make things and can go through a roll of scotch tape in no time. :lol  I hope your hands are better.  I've noticed some soreness, too and my handwriting is not what it used to be!

Cindy ~ I hope your Friday at work is a good one. :yes   Do you have to work this weekend?

Linda ~ Thinking of you all. :manyheart

Marlene ~ I'll bet you have lots going on for the 4th!  Has Maya been fishing yet?

All quiet around here.  DH is having lunch with the guys and other than a few errands, I'll be home today.  Still making hexagons and have started a scarf for some variety. :)

Have a good day, everyone.

Quick stop in....off work today for the holiday. I posted on fb but some of you might not know that dd and sil had to let belle go on Tuesday. She was declining and they didn't want her to suffer. I miss her and I didn't even live with her.

Going to go visit in a little while.

Hope you all have a good day

Joanne ~ Oh, it's so hard to lose a pet. :(   Sending hugs to your DD's family and to you, too. :hug

Linda ~ Good for you for getting some needed rest.  Wonderful news about dgs! :yes

Time to start some dinner...have a good evening. :manyheart

Happy Independence Day !!

We ended up down by the bay again yesterday. Dd and sil decided to take the boys to the boardwalk so they could go on rides. We will see them today at a bar b que. While at the bay in Atlantic highlands, we ended up talking to a very nice couple. Turns out they live around the corner from DD and Sil. Small world.

Judy. I saw the colors you picked for the cal Very pretty. I'm having second thoughts. I pulled out an old wip yesterday that consists of squares and think I should work on finishing that up before the other cal starts in August. Oh, decisions, decisions. Lol

Mary I hope you get some rest before you have the boys for the week. They are fun , but tiring.

Linda..how is Gs doing? Still ok back on the old meds? I can only imagine how trying it is adjusting meds.

Cindy. Hope your work day was un eventful. Are you now off for the weekend? How are you enjoying the new kitchen ?

Marlene. I'm sure you are having a great time having maya with you. How is your dd feeling ?

Enjoy the day today. Stay safe. And thanks to all who have served , are serving, or have had family that served our country so that we can enjoy the freedom we have

Happy 4th of July!!!!  :2magic   May you spend it with family and/or friends.  May you all stay safe with the fireworks and traffic.  Joy's office has a big rooftop party  complete with a roast pig and fixings and a great view of the fireworks.  We'll be going to that.  We'll have a quiet day here at her house before that.  :2magic

Hi, peeps,

Linda, enjoy the day. Sounds like a fun evening, too. So glad Dgs is doing ok.

Joanne, I also have squares to finish but they got boring... now they're yelling at me for ignoring them. Atlantic highlands is where our son lives. His brick apartment building is opposite the bay!

Hi to everyone else...

Judy. I noticed the brick apartment building and thought what a great view !! I told dd and sil that we were chatting with their neighbors yesterday. They live around the corner and used to sometimes see each other when they were walking belle and the neighbors were walking their dog.

Dd is doing ok. I see the sadness in her eyes though. The boys seem fine. They have been doing some fun things with them while sil is off work . Although timing of losing a beloved pet is never good , it was a blessing that they are both off work since DD's surgery and can spend time with each other I'll be staying with dd next sat since she won't be able to lift the boys for another month and sil will be at work.

Hope you all had a nice day.

Hi ladies. Happy Fourth of July. We had a low key day. I did laundry and housework this morning. DDS brother and his wife came over this afternoon and we had a hot dog roast with the grandkids this evening.

Fireworks were going off here until 3:30 in the morning last night, so I didn't sleep well. (Yes, there are laws against that.......). I suspect tonight will be more of the same. It's pretty noisy right now and it's not completely dark yet.

i dug out a few WIPs this week. I've worked on the knit "hitchhiker" scarf, a log cabin afghan and the Sophie afghan. Then I started the crocheted "Wildflower" bag CAL. I found yarn in my stash for that one.

Good Morning. :)   It looks like everyone is having a good weekend...ours has been quiet so far.  We have a few fireworks in the neighborhood every year...some people just can't follow the law. ;)

We may go over to DD's later or possibly tomorrow.  She had new floors put in the den, mud room and laundry last week...can't wait to see them.

Time to get busy.  Have a wonderful day!

Hi peeps.

Joanne, DD is going to be sad for a very long time. Thankfully the boys are very young.

Don't get me started on fireworks....I thought Sparkie was going to have a coronary last night...it w a s the worst ever in our 38 years here. At one point the neighbors went to military grade ones...Lucy, who ignores them every year...went to the head of the stairs and barked her head off as if fending off an attack!we were surrounded by noise for hours. And they started before dark. We have so many LEGAL fireworks in the area, why can't that be enough!!!

Good morning. I'm on call for work, but they said I would not be needed before 11. Sounds like summer weather is going to hit today. It's been relatively cool here so far, but today is supposed to be humid and around 90. Our A/C will be on.

Judy, the fireworks were noisier here last night than on the fourth. (On the third, they were still going at 3:30 in the morning!) Luckily, Sophie isn't bothered by them, but I couldn't sleep because of the noise. I know lots of dogs are really worked up when they hear the bangs. I once had a patient, a Vietnam vet, tell me that the sound of firecrackers really upset him, and brought back terrible memories. He told me that when he heard them, he was compelled to sit up all night, because he felt that his family was in danger. He knew it was illogical, but he couldn't help himself.

I don't know about where you live, but here in Michigan, many of the more elaborate fireworks were illegal for years, so home fireworks weren't very large, and therefore not as loud and obnoxious. They must have made the laws less stringent because it was a lot louder this year than previous years. Also, there was a stand selling fireworks everywhere you looked this year.

Cindy, people in NJ have to go to PA to buy fireworks and I've heard they aren't cheap. Stupid.

Last night...Except for something very loud close by, the ones from the town's weren't awful, and because both pups were asleep in the hall and the tv was on and Windows shut, they slept through them. I was so relieved. Maybe the neighbors ran out of them...

We had summer weather start yesterday...it's going to be icky here, too.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Glad they switched DGS meds right away and he is doing better.

Judy, I have many wip myself. Poor Daisy was scared to death this year. I put her in the bedroom covered her up (she always likes being under a blanket) and turned the tv on. It helped her.

Mary, Maya has been out fishing once. Grandpa told her she and Daisy are bad luck, no fish. The boys will love the slip and slide. We had one here last year and Maya loved until they over filled it and it popped.

Cindy, Fireworks went off around here friday and saturday night until almost one. I stayed up because one went astray from the neighbors and it went between two houses and sounded like a bomb went off. Once after everyone went to bed it sounded like glass breaking close by. Maya's daddy and I both went outside looking around. I stayed outside to watch and see who or what was going on. I only seen girls three houses down out doing sparklers. But people the other side of the golf course were doing fireworks until almost one. This year we didn't have fireworks on the lake like we usually do, so that's why we had more activity.

The dime store in Greenville is closing. I just found that out. But they have one in Lowell. So I guess I will make a visit there some day and locate it. I loved going there to get chocolate covered peanuts if nothing else.

We've been busy. Hubby is going to be joining a ptsd support group sometime after he meets the person leading it. I had to call and get his sugar medicine changed. The new one came, but he is still having problems (different problems) with this one. So were going to try something and if it don't work out then I'll call again. The doctor ordered it take it twice a day once at 8am and once at noon. But I think it's to close. Online says most people only need one pill a day. So were going to try that and see how it goes. Two that close together is knocking his levels to low.

Maya's mom and dad came thursday night and and stayed until yesterday. DS and the kids came last night and I'm not sure how long there staying.

On the fourth we had a cookout. We invited Mary, are granddaughter Karli came and brought a girlfriend and her little guy Bently. I made macaroni salad, pasta salad and a strawberry-banana cheesecake dessert. The dessert was good but only that day. It had vanilla yogurt, cool whip, it called for cheesecake pudding but I bought the vanilla pudding, fresh strawberries and bananas. We also had watermelon, grilled burgers and hot dogs. We had lots of leftovers.

Thursday we are going to Maya's house until saturday. DD has an appt for an ultrasound to find out what she's having. Can't wait to find out so I can make things for the new baby.

Hope everyone has a good week!

'Afternoon, everyone.

I think we're all in agreement about the fireworks!  They are illegal in the city limits and our police do come out if they are called.  There is a ranch that borders our neighborhood and they have a huge party and fireworks every year...not fun for Gracie. :(

Marlene ~ You sure have been busy!  All of your food sounds delicious.  I hope DH's meds get regulated soon - I know it can be trial and error sometimes. :yes   How exciting to be finding out about the baby this week! :c9

We went over to DD's yesterday and had a fun visit.  We took lunch from our favorite sub shop and the boys played in their pool.  Zach was chasing all of us with the hose and Grammy got soaked. :lol  

I had given DD a few face scrubbies a while ago and she asked if I would make some for her friends.  I'm using different stitches/patterns and they work up really fast.  That's about it for my accomplishments today. ;)

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Sounds like a fun time with the boys.

Today was are 19th anniversary. I had seen an advertisement yesterday for a zoo back home. With a coupon from a store you could get in for 1.00 each and no parking fee. It had been years since we went and Maya was a baby the only time she has gone to the zoo. Normal fee to get in is 10.00 and 5.00 for parking because we don't live in that county. So today was the day to go. And the weather was perfect. The zoo has changed a lot. Then we went to dinner at my favorite mexican restaurant. Coming home we seen a sign for ice cream social in the little village were sil and bil live. So we went to that and seen six people we know. It's only seven miles from where we use to live. They were having a jam session. One of the guys playing is from Lansing and goes to Texas. He plays at the jam sessions in are park. It's a small world.

Tomorrow Maya and I are going to her house until saturday. Sunday is my family reunion.

Hubby is doing pretty good on just one sugar pill. I hope it continues.

Have a good week every one!

Good Thursday morning!

Marlene ~ Happy Anniversary - one day late!  Safe travels for you and Maya...and I can't wait to hear the sonogram results! :c9

I hope everyone is okay.  I couldn't get on here yesterday and was thinking I'd have to contact Amy again.  But this morning all is well. :)

I have two baby 'ghans to make!  One is for Etsy and one is for a neighbor.  She ordered an Attic24 ripple a year or so ago and needs another one. So between the orders and having the boys here next week, things will be busy.

Have a great day, friends. :manyheart

Good morning ladies. It's been a beautiful week here, weather wise.

On Wednesday we had our four year old grandson here for his "birthday" visit. Dh wasn't feeling well, so it was mostly him and me. We decorated a stepping stone, played an outdoor game where you toss beanbags through holes, (he loved that game and we spent at least an hour playing it), and went to the park on the corner. It's behind our local fire station and the playground has a huge wooden fire truck, complete with bell, climbing structures, a slide, etc, which he found quite exciting. We had a picnic for lunch there and walked on the nature trail. Later on we walked in the woods behind our house. Oh to have the energy of a four year old! I was absolutely exhausted by the end of the day!

Yesterday I had an early morning dr appointment, got groceries and cleaned. I purposely requested an early morning appointment so that I could get something done. Right now, I have bread rising and once it's baked, I'm going out for lunch and shopping with my oldest did. I have to work this weekend.

Marlene, sounds like you had a good anniversary day. Glad Dh is doing well with the new med. Hope you and Maya have a fun weekend.

Hi peeps.

Cindy, I was exhausted hearing about all you did with DGS! That's why, IMO, motherhood is for the very young.

Not much going on here. I finished row 68 of 110 on graph ghan - them comes the boring part: the border. I'l need a deep one so it doesn't look too small.

I'm coming along great on the V stitch ghan, too. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but as always, I was shown who should get it. My brother and his wife in NC have separated after 30 something years of marriage. He's in an apartment - he and his dog - and I thought it would be a good long distance hug.

Hi to everyone else...have to dash,

Archived