Our House Part Two

JulieKay

okay.  Attempt number three.  My computer keeps insisting on sending my replies to cyberspace, so we'll see if I can finally get one posted.  Good morning.  I've been up since about 8:30 this morning.  Woke up as DD was getting ready to go to work.  She is in the process of getting another buck to breed with her two female French Angora bunnies.  A friend of the owner's is going through Cedar Rapids on her way home to visit family this weekend and has agreed to act as the transport person for the bunny exchange.  She'll be picking up a carrier from me this afternoon and on her return to her place she'll drop off bunny and carrier with me in a few days.  DD raises the bunnies for their fur which she then spins into yarn.  I am learning to spin, but will NOT be doing any raising of them.  I can  get my occasional fix by just coming here to watch and/or pet them.  Their fur is very soft and they are very BIG and fluffy.

Mary, it's a very good sign that Jess is doing well, if they've moved him from ICU already.  Having your chest cracked open for heart surgery is very painful, but most recuperate surprisingly quickly from it.  A week from now he'll be feeling a great deal better.  Having good friends like you to support him through it will be very nice. 

DD is talking about us going out for Chinese food tonight.  Yummm....  GS doesn't like it, so when we get to go together it's a real treat.  She has to work for a while on Saturday, so may come home early tonight.

And, yes, I'm still doing lots of coughing, but I think it's clearing up a bit.  My head definitely feels like it's clearing, which is positive, too.

All for now.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda, I can't imagine how soft those bunnies are! Lots of cleaning g and brushing must be involved, I'm sure!

Here is a pic of my small amount of progress on the baby ghan.

post-8552-0-26381600-1440175519_thumb.jpg

Top of the afternoon to you all!

Linda-Your gs sounds like such a ham.  I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that the new classroom works well, having a small class will be nice too as he can will get more one on one time with his teacher.  Chinese food sounds yummy!  Luckily my family likes it, my son Cristopher is 18 and has a hollow leg.that boy can eat!   :yes   He only fills up for a short time and then is eating again.  He is such a sweet guy, very kind and giving.

Judy-I agree with you completely!  I am not into Drama movies or books. I like mystery novels but once I get pulled in, it's hard for me to put the book down..I will usually stay up way too late reading and then be so tired the next day.  I think it's worth it.   :lol

Mary-oh my!  That is so neat that you purchased lego soaps from me a few years ago!  I love getting to know all of my customers, it makes it even more fun.   Your ds is just too cute!  He sure was up and ready for the day.  His lunchbox sounds adorable too!

Joanne-did you get to spend your day outdoors?  What projects are you working on?

I so hope that I did not forget anyone, I will start taking notes as I really enjoy getting to know all of you.  

Last night's craft night was so much fun!  The ladies are a hoot!  I have about 15 ladies but not all of them come faithfully..a few do but we have some that come and go.  I didn't get to work on anything of my own as I was helping 3 of the ladies.  I did finish an owl scarf and a few more of the sashays.  

One of my gals came in for a quick crochet lesson.  Be back later!   :ghug

post-33271-0-43397100-1440182824_thumb.jpg

HI ladies!

I meant to post my message earlier in the day but here at the shop sometimes I get flooded with customers..what a good problem to have.  :manyheart

Anyhow, Judy-your square is lovely!  Super nice colors :hug

Hi ladies. Last day of vacation here. Back to work tomorrow. I'm not ready yet.....

Judy, your baby blanket is coming along nicely That's the pattern you posted, right? It really makes the different colors pop.

Lee Ann, somehow I missed that you had a real shop as well. That sounds like a lot of fun to me, although I suppose it's a lot of work as well. Sounds like it keeps you busy. Your Christopher is a good example of how many terrific teens there are out there. We just hear a lot about the not so great ones. I like your owl scarf. I'm always amazed at how much creativity people have. To me a scarf is just a long skinny strip of something......

Linda, hope you and DD get out for Chinese food. It's one of my favorites, but we don't go often. Too much salt for me.

Joanne, were you still off work today?

My grand children came over for the afternoon, so I did not accomplish as much as I hoped to. I did manage to weed the garden before it got too hot though. My zucchini is just starting to have fruit, I'm not sure if I will be inundated by zucchini or not. I've picked a half dozen or so, and most of them got shredded and frozen for use in baking. Did made zucchini noodles this week and said they enjoyed them. I'm going to have tons of tomatoes though.

Oh, what fun to see pictures today!

Judy ~ The afghan is great!  I haven't started yet, but the yarn is in a tote bag ready to go. :)  It sounds like the Yankee 'ghan will be  treasured for a very long time. :yes

LeeAnn ~ Your owl scarf is wonderful!  I think I forgot to tell you a little about me...I've been married for 43 years, one grown daughter and son-in-law and our 2 grandsons - Luke is 5 and Zachary is 2½. They live about 25 minutes away so we get to see them often.  It sounds like you are surviving the "teen years" really well! ;)

Linda ~ Enjoy your "me" time!  Yum - chinese sounds really good about now. :)

Cindy ~ I hope your first day back at work isn't too hectic.  Home grown tomatoes are so good!  We're between our first and second crops.  They quit producing here when it gets too hot, so I plant new plants in July that usually produce all fall.

It was great staying home for a change.  I caught up at my desk and the laundry is finished.  We'll be gone tomorrow - to see Jess and then to a memorial service for an old friend of hubby's.  Maybe Sunday I can crochet!

Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

HI All!  I'm back! 

I also help take care of the antique shop that is in the building where I am, some days it's run run run.  Today has been one of those days but I have had help.  Joyce the owner of the antique shop has her daughter helping out this afternoon..whew!  I can take a break.

Mary-I am so sorry, I think I remember reading that Luke was your gs then confused myself.   :P

Gardner-fresh veggies sound yummy!  Our neighbor shared some of his tomato's with us, sweet and delish!  Having a store front plus 2 Etsy shops is a lot of work..some days I work 20 hours...it get's a little hectic.  I am naturally hyper and usually go with only a few hours of sleep..however it is becoming more difficult to go to bed at midnight and be up at 5.  It has taken me almost two years but I am finally getting into a grove and get to bed before 10 most nights.  

Only an hour left before quitting time..woohoo!  Have a wonderful evening ladies!

Hi LeeAnn ~ There is no way you can remember us all yet, let alone our grandkids' names.  ;)   We're so glad you're here!  Of course, we will give a you a test after one week.  Just kidding  :D 

Hi all,

Had a fun day with dd and my gs! Yes, I was off work ! We played games in the morning...candy land, matching, chutes and ladders. After naps we went to a spray park and met up with DD's sis in law and her 3 year old twins. The cousins had a blast together and then we had a nice picnic dinner. After dinner they played in the playground and then we finished off the night by getting ice cream. I helped give the boys baths, read them stories, and then headed home. A fun day!

We are going over there on Sunday for an impromptu barbecue and pool party. My middle dd will be coming as well. I think tomorrow after getting my nails done, it will be a low key day!! Maybe even do some knitting or crocheting!!!

Will post more tomorrow....

Hello and happy Saturday.  I slept until 1:​00 and GS got dropped off at 1:30.  DD had to work for 5 hours today.  They're getting ready do an upgrade and she needed to be there if things went haywire.

Judy, I love the look of the blanket.

LeeAnn, that owl scarf is positively adorable.  You lead a very busy life from the sound of it.  Better you than me, although that could be at a younger age.

Hope you all have a good weekend. ​

I'm back. Lol

Gorgeous day here today so DH and I went down to the waterfront and then had a late lunch/ early dinner at a restaurant overlooking the bay. It was a very lazy, relaxing day. I made good progress on the book I'm reading (leaving time by Jodi picoult). I also did a little knitting and crocheting.

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend

Stopping in to say hello. I lurk frequently but don't post much. Ooh, that sounds bad, like I'm a peeping Tom or something. I'll try to do better.

Spent the day today doing laundry (yuck) and sorting recipes. Recipes are my other guilty pleasure. Made stuffed cabbage rolls for dinner, lots of work but they were good. Now that I'm retired I can try out new recipes but it's hard to cook for 2 with the kids both gone.

Also starting to get ready for Mrs. Claus. My DH is Santa and I am Mrs. It is almost time for us to start getting busy.

Crochet time tonight, working on a cardigan from Jenny King's Get Squared program and doilies for centerpieces for our church. My relaxation time!

Hope this finds everyone well. I promise to keep up better with the house.

Good Sunday morning! :)

Joanne ~ Your Friday and Saturday both sound like great days!  Luke isn't interested in board games now, but he loves to play a match game with super hero cards. Lol  His memory is better than mine. ;)

Linda ~ Good for you for catching up on sleep and relaxing a bit.  School starts tomorrow?  How is Miss Sweet Pea?

Jill ~ Hi!  I agree about cooking for two - I still haven't mastered it. :)   We love cabbage rolls!  Thank you for reminding me of another good recipe. :yes 

Hi to the rest of Our House, too. :manyheart

I'm looking forward to staying home today and playing catch-up...again. ;)   Have a good day, all!

Good morning.

I finished the book I was reading! It was an enjoyable read.

Mary. My dd loved (still does) playing board games so I'm sure that is where Ryan gets it from. Robbie usually starts out playing but then gets bored and moves on to something else. Lol. Forgot to mention, we also played trouble! Lol.

Hi Jill, I find it hard to cook for two as well. But at least we always have leftovers!

Looking forward to enjoying the last day of vacation spending it with my DH, two of my DD's son in law and the boys! It's another nice day !!

Happy Sunday Folks!

The weekends always seem to fly by, especially when I am off on a Saturday.  Joyce the antique shop owner and I take turns working Saturdays, it was my turn to be off.   :cheer

Joanne-It is always so much reading about your grands and all the fun family things that you all do.  I love Trouble!  My favorite board game of all time is Sorry.  Have you played it?  We have a whole stack of games but haven't played in years, now that my kiddos are teenagers they can always find something else to do.   :yes   I am so happy for your wonderful vacation, I bet you feel relaxed and ready for the upcoming week.

Mary-I had to giggle a bit when I read your post, eeeesssh the teenage years were a bit bumpy with our son, especially Freshman and Sophmore  year of high school.  It is strange, once he turned 18, it was like a switch just flipped, he went back to being his regular easy going self.  For awhile there he was moody and at times just unpleasant to be around.  I joke and tell him, that he is "delightful", he thinks that is soo funny.  

Linda-catching up on rest is so refreshing!  I bet you feel tons better.  How was the Chinese food?  Delish I bet!

Cindy-did you enjoy your time spent with your grands?  how old are they?

Jill-Nice to meet you Mrs. Claus! aaawwww that just sounds like soo much fun!  I would love to hear about the places that you and Mr. Claus get to visit.

Yesterday was a relaxing lazy kinda day.  My dh has been out of town for a few days so it has just been the three of us.  My mom and brother stopped in for a  visit yesterday afternoon, it was fun!  My brother is 17, he is 22 years younger than my twin sister and I.  What a blessing!  My kiddos have grown quite close with him, he's more of a brother than an uncle to them.  However he has always been extremely respectful, he takes being an uncle very serious.   :lol   They all decided that they were going to spend the night at Grandma's house and left me all alone..what's a gal to do by herself?  Why give herself a full mani, read and watch lots of t.v.   :manyheart  :manyheart   Must get my head out of the clouds and get to work today, have lots of product to whip up and orders to fill.  

Hope that I did not miss anyone, have a Sensational Sunday friends!   :ghug  :ghug

Hello everyone.  Welcome to Our House, Jill.  Sweet Pea is doing just fine.  I suspect that she will be very happy to be back at her home though. 

My head isn't tracking ​very well today. I had trouble going to sleep and then slept in again. 

We met the gal who is doing the transporting of the new bunny and she called just a bit ago to say she was on her way and should be here around 6:00.  His cage is all ready for him.  He is white and only 2-3 months old so he has to grow up a bit before he can breed with DD's females.  It will be interesting to see what the babies will be like.  One female is black and white; the other is grey/black.

Sounds like everyone is​ having a good weekend.

Hi, peeps....

Read all the posts but am on my Kindle, so won't post, other than to say there's nothing new here...

Take care!

Hi ladies. It's a fall like day here, cool and breezy. I love this kind of weather!

I worked this past weekend, and then last night we went over to DDs house. Work was pretty quiet. This morning I've been pretending to be Susie Homemaker. 4 loads of laundry, sheets changed, vacuuming done, dinner started. I even got dressed before 11 AM! (Ordinarily I shlepp around in my pjs until then.).

Tomorrow is youngest DDs birthday. I have a dental appointment at 9 AM, and then I'm taking her out for brunch. She just bought herself a piano, so I will help her make room for it in her condo. It's being delivered Thursday morning. This is good news for me, as it means that I can get rid of my piano. I never play it anymore, and it takes up a lot of room, but I kept it because DD wanted it. She planned to have it restored, but a good restoration can cost upwards of $10,000.!!!! It's a 100 year old upright grand that needs to be restrung at a minimum, but I don't think anyone will want to bother. Ds wants to make a bar out of it. DDs new piano is a completely restored upright that dates from the 1880's. The people selling it have a daughter who is an extremely accomplished pianist, and this is one of her pianos. Her mom felt that three pianos in the house were at least one piano too many. They gave DD a really good deal on it, much less than they paid to restore it. It's absolutely gorgeous and sounds really great. I had advised her to just go and buy a new piano, but this old one sounds so much better than the new ones do.

well, off to spend my afternoon reading and crafting!

Checking in today. Not much going on. Repotted a plant this morning, got dinner in the cockpot (cajun red beans and saugage) and crocheted a reversible potholder. Will also be working on my Get Squared cardigan.

Tomorrow I go for my allergy shots (4 at a time) then I treat myself to some shopping on the way home. Joann's is close to the doctor's office so it is a usual stop even if I don't buy.

Linda: Hope your new bunny arrived safely and you are enjoying it.

"Hi" to the rest of the house. Hope Monday is treating you well.

Happy Monday evening

I survived the return to work and the loads of emails to get through. And all the catching up. It was a busy day. And to think this time last week I was in Boston celebrating DD's birthday!!!

Cindy that piano deal sounds great! My sil finished the basement floor and painting and moved the boys toys down there. It's a nice playroom. They had some water when they first moved in and had a French drain out in. He removed the old floor and laid new floor. It really is a happy room now. And since having the French drains installed last November, it's dry as a bone down there. Now that the toys are all moved down, dd wants to get a piano for the living room.

Linda. Hope you are feeling better and that all is well we the bunny

Jill. Your dinner sounds great. Tonight I'm just making some butternut squash ravioli that I picked up at trader joes over the weekend. Easy, peasy and oh so yummy.

Hi to the rest of the house

Good afternoon ladies!

My where has the day gone?  I have been running from the moment I opened my eyes and just now thought I should take a break.

Mary-How is your friend Jess doing?  I hope that he is on the road to recovery with less and less pain and discomfort every day. Did you get to crochet on Sunday like you were hoping?

Linda-how did the bunny exchange go?  Are you feeling better?  I have tried spinning yarn, my oh my!  that is alot of work.  I am happy to order it in and then play.  

Judy-hope you have a good week.

Cindy-I had to giggle at your Susie Homemaker comment,  :yes some days I feel just like that, like I am on the ball, homemade meals..nice and tidy house and then other days it's frozen pizza and a bit of messy.  ooh laaa laaa a new piano for your dd, how exciting!  I bet she is just having a ball with it!  We had one for a short period of time but none of us played and it was taking up soo much room in our small house, so we gave it away.  The new owners have totally refinished it and still have it.  I am glad that they love it.

Jill-ouch! :hug  My son used to get allergy shots every week for a few years.  Thankfully he has outgrown some of his allergies but he is still extremely allergic to all animals especially cats and dogs.  He still cuddles with our out door cat but it only takes about 3 minutes for him to start sneezing and then his asthma kicks in.  What allergies do you suffer from?

Joanne-oh gosh!  I bet the first day back was super busy, I bet this whole week will be super duper busy.  Are you going to Craft Night?  What projects are you working on?

I didn't get a chance to crochet this week.  I had an order for 30 mini bear soaps and bath fizzies.  I also whipped up new Car Soaps.  Our town will be hosting a Labor Day car show soon, thought I would try something new, still need to prop and photo, list on etsy then shrink wrap and label all of the new products..and then start on all of the Halloween/Fall goodies.  It's crunch time for me..but I do love it.

Back to work I go, I hope that I didn't forget anyone, I am taking notes..helps  me remember.   :ghug

Hi ladies. I'm dragging. Too much busy, I guess. This morning I went to the dentist, took DD out for brunch and picked up groceries. I just got home and decided that I'm done. Dinner will be spaghetti with homemade sauce. Sauce was in the freezer. I have to work tomorrow plus I have a meeting from 4 to 6.

Today is DDs birthday, so I brought one of her gifts over. It was a closet organizing system, which was way too big to wrap. Dd might be an adult but she likes all her gifts to be wrapped. I still have to wrap the rest, but she won't be getting them until Friday night when we will have a family gathering to celebrate her birthday.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi House!  I think I'm quoting Judy ??? "Getting older ain't for sissies." Lol  I hope I can keep doing what I'm doing for a very long time. :)

LeeAnn ~ You are amazing!  Your kiddos sound like such good kids. ♥ Your Etsy shop is wonderful and congratulations on all of your sales!  My younger brother is 18 years younger than my older sister, so I understand the age thing in families. :yes  And you deserve some time for yourself!

Cindy ~ Oh, I think it's wonderful that your DD found the piano. We have a friend who refurbishes pianos and I have been tempted to buy one for a long time.  My two sisters and I were in piano lessons from about 4th grade on...I would love to take lessons again.

Linda ~ Have you moved back to your house?  The bunnies sound so adorable. :c9   I hope dgs is doing well at school!

Jill ~ Hugs to you for having to deal with allergies. :hug   DH has to have shots when his allergies get too bad - no fun, but they seem to help!  Having a Joann's to stop by has to help a little. :D

Hi to those I've missed. :manyheart

Jess is on a liquid diet - 7 days after surgery.  We'll see him tomorrow and will take some more t shirts and sweat pants.  He had convinced himself he would only be there a few days and didn't take much with him. ;)  The doctor says he's doing really well.

DH is in PT 3 times this week for his back and Zach will be here Thursday!

Have a good evening, everyone. ♥♥♥

Archived